Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Global Poker The social poker site where you can play for free and win sweepstakes prizes.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2017, 03:14 PM   #1776
OnMyGrizzy
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 66
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Even if they don't explicitly support Trump, they are clearly making a play on his slogan, which therefore brings politics into the matter. Almost no chance that is good for business.
OnMyGrizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 03:17 PM   #1777
SitandSpin
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Free Rndm62!
Posts: 345
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

But ok, let's be more specific.

I claim that I can show greater than 17k worth of cashouts, with no deposits, on Paypal from the time span Sept 3 - Nov 3, or two months. This is to say nothing of the money I've made that I've kept on the site (or money I've made live, for that matter).

2p2 account bet, Big Bwalz? You ready to show them bwalz?
SitandSpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 03:18 PM   #1778
SitandSpin
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Free Rndm62!
Posts: 345
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyGrizzy View Post
Even if they don't explicitly support Trump, they are clearly making a play on his slogan, which therefore brings politics into the matter. Almost no chance that is good for business.
Agreed, which was a point I made in my first post on the subject. Regardless of anyone's personal political leanings, it seems like quite the bad idea ...
SitandSpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 03:27 PM   #1779
SitandSpin
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Free Rndm62!
Posts: 345
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Will someone shut up all these damn crickets!

Finna go play video games. Will check back in a few hours to see if Lil Bwals has worked up some courage. Sad!
SitandSpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 03:39 PM   #1780
blitzT4M4Y0theGOAT
adept
 
blitzT4M4Y0theGOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: 401K
Posts: 1,015
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyGrizzy View Post
Even if they don't explicitly support Trump, they are clearly making a play on his slogan, which therefore brings politics into the matter. Almost no chance that is good for business.
Thanks Warren Buffet.
blitzT4M4Y0theGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 03:41 PM   #1781
Bozo7
grinder
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 464
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SitandSpin View Post
lol, wtf, I'm not sure exactly how dense you are, but "make poker great again" quite clearly suggests Donald Trump's slogan, AND, granted, a reference to the pre-BF days, Donald Trump is actively working towards destroying this country, and if you disagree you are ignorant and/or evil, and those are the only options. I don't appreciate it.



LOL Safe Spaces. What other deeply idiotic conservative canard are you gonna trot out there? Are you like those conservatives who get all rustled because they need a SAFE SPACE where they don't have to see black athletes peacefully kneel (read: practicing their First Amendment rights) during the anthem? Conservatives, quite clearly, are the ones who love safe spaces. Which side burned books and CDs throughout the 20th Century? Which side wants to censor/ignore non-Christian religious rhetoric and practice in this country? Hmmm ... ****ing hypocrites.

Again, Donald Trump is a mind-blowingly awful, overtly racist, overtly noncurious, overtly disgusting human being. This sentiment of disapproval is shared by roughly 65% of voting Americans, if I remember the disapproval ratings correctly. It's a bad business decision AND is offensive to me personally and to, I assume, all non-white-supremacist human beings.

Cool cell phone signature.
B-O-O H-O-O
Bozo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 04:14 PM   #1782
a dewd
Pooh-Bah
 
a dewd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: west of the easternmost pt up north
Posts: 3,921
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyGrizzy View Post
Even if they don't explicitly support Trump, they are clearly making a play on his slogan, which therefore brings politics into the matter. Almost no chance that is good for business.

I bet there is almost no chance that players left the site due to that slogan. I despise all politicians and if they had dozens of them from around the globe on their homepage I could care less as long as the tables are as generous as they have been. No one is deciding to play on a site based on a slogan.

A company would have to be pretty stupid to market their product based on political ideologies, especially in the US. You are instantly losing half the market. Occam's Razor, most poker players yearn for the pre-black Friday days. Fast payouts and tables filled with bad players is in fact, making poker great for me. Again.
a dewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 06:07 PM   #1783
OnMyGrizzy
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 66
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by a dewd View Post
I bet there is almost no chance that players left the site due to that slogan ... No one is deciding to play on a site based on a slogan.

A company would have to be pretty stupid to market their product based on political ideologies, especially in the US. You are instantly losing half the market.
Maybe no one has quit the site because of it. We can't know. I doubt anyone is playing here precisely because of it, as you said.

Still, slogans are part of a business strategy and help customers identify with brands. I'm sure that most businesses like to think their slogan improves customer retention and has positive associations. When you pick a slogan, you are choosing to associate yourself with whatever connections come to mind.

So why choose a slogan that you know is going to be associated with someone who is largely despised?

Even if they are "Making Poker Great Again" (which I totally agree that they are) I don't understand why they would want to give off the impression that they either tolerate the original creator or are indifferent to the plight of various groups of people the slogan offends.

Given we are discussing it here as it is, it seems more likely to offend than to retain customers.

--

One caveat - if you wanted to make the suggestion that poor players are easily tricked and therefore more likely to support the president, perhaps it does help retain idiots.

Last edited by OnMyGrizzy; 11-03-2017 at 06:13 PM.
OnMyGrizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 06:13 PM   #1784
splayaa
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,546
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SitandSpin View Post
I have a friend that plays poker off-and-on. I told him about this site, he seemed intrigued. I told him about the tagline, and he said, paraphrasing, "What the ****? Why in the world would they have that as a tagline? That's so absurd."

He hasn't played much in the last 5 years or so and he probably wasn't going to deposit, but it's a pretty solid example of the thing you seem to think is almost impossible.
I actually think it is the example I speak of exactly. You are saying yourself, he likely wasn't going to invest money anyway so the slogan wasn't the turn off, although he didn't care for it.

I am not here to argue if it is a net positive or net negative (how could you even prove that?). I just think there isn't a chance that anyone who is 100% going to play at Global, gets ready with the money, sees the slogan and says "Nope, I am out".

And on the other hand I don't think anyone who wasn't ever going to invest money in the site, then sees the slogan and says "I am 100% in!". I see it more of an neutral thing.

With that said, if it got changed, no complaints here, if it stayed the same, no complaints here.

Sometimes mole hills are windmills are actually just mole hills and windmills.
splayaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 06:48 PM   #1785
OnMyGrizzy
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 66
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Consider yourself fortunate that you have a "neutral" reaction to something associated with Donald Trump. Recognize that many people do not.

You have a hard time imagining someone not playing because of the slogan due to the fact that it is neutral to you.
OnMyGrizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 06:53 PM   #1786
a dewd
Pooh-Bah
 
a dewd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: west of the easternmost pt up north
Posts: 3,921
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyGrizzy View Post
Maybe no one has quit the site because of it. We can't know. I doubt anyone is playing here precisely because of it, as you said.

Still, slogans are part of a business strategy and help customers identify with brands. I'm sure that most businesses like to think their slogan improves customer retention and has positive associations. When you pick a slogan, you are choosing to associate yourself with whatever connections come to mind.

So why choose a slogan that you know is going to be associated with someone who is largely despised?

Even if they are "Making Poker Great Again" (which I totally agree that they are) I don't understand why they would want to give off the impression that they either tolerate the original creator or are indifferent to the plight of various groups of people the slogan offends.

Given we are discussing it here as it is, it seems more likely to offend than to retain customers.

--

One caveat - if you wanted to make the suggestion that poor players are easily tricked and therefore more likely to support the president, perhaps it does help retain idiots.
The idiots are the people that somehow conflate the banner to a political slogan.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
a dewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 06:55 PM   #1787
a dewd
Pooh-Bah
 
a dewd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: west of the easternmost pt up north
Posts: 3,921
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyGrizzy View Post
Consider yourself fortunate that you have a "neutral" reaction to something associated with Donald Trump. Recognize that many people do not.

You have a hard time imagining someone not playing because of the slogan due to the fact that it is neutral to you.
Actually, it's far more than that. It's common sense.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
a dewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 07:07 PM   #1788
OnMyGrizzy
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 66
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Nah bro, it sure as hell ain't. The idiots are definitely the ones who don't appreciate the connection.

Last edited by OnMyGrizzy; 11-03-2017 at 07:14 PM.
OnMyGrizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 07:33 PM   #1789
splayaa
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,546
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyGrizzy View Post
Consider yourself fortunate that you have a "neutral" reaction to something associated with Donald Trump. Recognize that many people do not.

You have a hard time imagining someone not playing because of the slogan due to the fact that it is neutral to you.
I actually don't have a hard time imagining it, I have an impossible time imagining it. I really can't imagine someone being so closed minded that they would be 100% ready to play on a poker site, see a reference they it makes that could just as easily be making fun of the expression (something I would assume they would be just fine with), and then not playing because of the flawed assumption of association with a political figure. Its just too far of a stretch for me.
splayaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 07:56 PM   #1790
a dewd
Pooh-Bah
 
a dewd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: west of the easternmost pt up north
Posts: 3,921
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by splayaa View Post
I actually don't have a hard time imagining it, I have an impossible time imagining it. I really can't imagine someone being so closed minded that they would be 100% ready to play on a poker site, see a reference they it makes that could just as easily be making fun of the expression (something I would assume they would be just fine with), and then not playing because of the flawed assumption of association with a political figure. Its just too far of a stretch for me.
It's called common sense and since you have it, you will never see the illogic behind it.
a dewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 02:51 AM   #1791
lagtight
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
lagtight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 8,122
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

If it was a good online poker room, I'd even play on a site that featured a photograph of Hillary Clinton on the main page.
lagtight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 03:08 AM   #1792
lagtight
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
lagtight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 8,122
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SitandSpin View Post
lol, wtf, I'm not sure exactly how dense you are, but "make poker great again" quite clearly suggests Donald Trump's slogan, AND, granted, a reference to the pre-BF days, Donald Trump is actively working towards destroying this country, and if you disagree you are ignorant and/or evil, and those are the only options. I don't appreciate it.



LOL Safe Spaces. What other deeply idiotic conservative canard are you gonna trot out there? Are you like those conservatives who get all rustled because they need a SAFE SPACE where they don't have to see black athletes peacefully kneel (read: practicing their First Amendment rights) during the anthem? Conservatives, quite clearly, are the ones who love safe spaces. Which side burned books and CDs throughout the 20th Century? Which side wants to censor/ignore non-Christian religious rhetoric and practice in this country? Hmmm ... ****ing hypocrites.

Again, Donald Trump is a mind-blowingly awful, overtly racist, overtly noncurious, overtly disgusting human being. This sentiment of disapproval is shared by roughly 65% of voting Americans, if I remember the disapproval ratings correctly. It's a bad business decision AND is offensive to me personally and to, I assume, all non-white-supremacist human beings.

Cool cell phone signature.
Every president in my lifetime since Eisenhower has been destroying our country.

The Republicrats have conspired to create a 20 trillion dollar debt and endless wars and military conquests. Neither of the major parties cares a whit about the average American, let alone the poor.

The first step in "Making America Great Again" is to stop sending taxpayer money to Washington. Repeal the income tax, and let foreigners fund our government with tariffs. Supplement the income from tariffs with geo-taxes and user fees. Stop feeding the monster!

Make America Great Again by telling the government to stop telling us what we can eat, smoke, or snort. True freedom will only come when NO American citizen has to pay a dime in federal income tax.

Thank you for reading, and God bless America!

(Maybe my rant should be moved to the politics thread)

Last edited by lagtight; 11-04-2017 at 03:10 AM. Reason: added a word here and there
lagtight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 08:44 AM   #1793
splayaa
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,546
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagtight View Post
If it was a good online poker room, I'd even play on a site that featured a photograph of Hillary Clinton on the main page.
Exactly. (And for what's its worth, I voted for neither candidate, I am one of those truly crazy voted for a 3rd party kind of people)
splayaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 01:01 PM   #1794
nlcatter
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 77
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

as expected GLOBAL screws up funds .

Global took funds from bank account as requested after tedious process to set up .

now after all that - it asks from debit card when trying to get funds from bank account !
nlcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 01:11 PM   #1795
a dewd
Pooh-Bah
 
a dewd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: west of the easternmost pt up north
Posts: 3,921
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlcatter View Post
as expected GLOBAL screws up funds .

Global took funds from bank account as requested after tedious process to set up .

now after all that - it asks from debit card when trying to get funds from bank account !
A tedious process? How can your personal information be tedious?



Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
a dewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 07:59 PM   #1796
Rutledge Smitty
old hand
 
Rutledge Smitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Twitch.tv/SmittyPLO
Posts: 1,383
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlcatter View Post
as expected GLOBAL screws up funds .

Global took funds from bank account as requested after tedious process to set up .

now after all that - it asks from debit card when trying to get funds from bank account !
Good troll
Rutledge Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 06:29 PM   #1797
Max Jam
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 243
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

no more freerolls? basically only the daily flops now sad, mad. please bring back the daily 500 freerolls? or better.
Max Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 08:38 PM   #1798
splayaa
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,546
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Jam View Post
no more freerolls? basically only the daily flops now sad, mad. please bring back the daily 500 freerolls? or better.
I am mixed on the freerolls. The truth is the $250 was getting around 85-90 players each night, and the $2.5k around 350-400. As of right now, 2 hours before the tourney, 507 people are signed up for the daily. And we will see on the weekend one, but I have a hunch its numbers will increase as well.

I think this is much due to the fact you only need 50 flops of any game time, including Gold Coins. And truth be told, $500 spread out among 600~ players is likely better for the site than $250 spread out among 90~

But still... I am with you, something about it bugs me too, and I can't quite figure out what it is. Maybe the $0.11 entry fee? I get that its more of a token fee than in any way going to pay for the tourney, but still... something about it irks me.

So I am with you, even though I can't figure out why
splayaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 01:30 PM   #1799
sam1chips
adept
 
sam1chips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 896
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Jam View Post
no more freerolls? basically only the daily flops now sad, mad. please bring back the daily 500 freerolls? or better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by splayaa View Post
I am mixed on the freerolls. The truth is the $250 was getting around 85-90 players each night, and the $2.5k around 350-400. As of right now, 2 hours before the tourney, 507 people are signed up for the daily. And we will see on the weekend one, but I have a hunch its numbers will increase as well.

I think this is much due to the fact you only need 50 flops of any game time, including Gold Coins. And truth be told, $500 spread out among 600~ players is likely better for the site than $250 spread out among 90~

But still... I am with you, something about it bugs me too, and I can't quite figure out what it is. Maybe the $0.11 entry fee? I get that its more of a token fee than in any way going to pay for the tourney, but still... something about it irks me.

So I am with you, even though I can't figure out why
Previous structure:


Nightly:
7 pm EST - $250 GTD, .11c buyin, ~240 players [play gold coin hands to qualify]
9 pm EST - $250 GTD, freeroll, ~90 players
930 pm est - $250 GTD, 11c buyin, ~175 players [play gold coin hands to qualify]
10pm EST - $250 GTD, 11c buyin, ~200 players [play gold coin hands to qualify]

Sunday:
$2k GTD freeroll

-------------

Current Structure:
Nightly:
9 pm EST - $500 GTD, .11c buyin, ~600 players

Sunday:
$5 GTD - 11c buyin

--------------

Global giving out slightly less in guarantees/freerolls each week ($9k before, $8.5k now).

They also collected about the same amount of 11 cent buyins last night as they normally did with the previous structure (granted, only in one tournament instead of three tournaments).

Bigger, single, tournies means that there is a higher 1st place prize, which I personally prefer (although I understand if people prefer a higher volume of smaller tournies).

The new structure also takes down the "wall" of people having to play gold coin hands in order to qualify for these tournies. A lot of people can't bring themselves to play the gold coin tournies to qualify for these, so allowing people to just see SC flops to qualify will lead to more people playing in the tourneys (as evidenced by last night).

----------

What is stated above is just facts. It appears to be about the same amount of money going into freerolls / guarantees with 11c buyin, just distributed differently.

Personally, I'm not quite sure what I prefer. But I feel like the above breakdown is a pretty good distribution of the old vs new structure. I do like the idea of someone winning ~$1k on Sunday for an 11 cent buyin

Last edited by sam1chips; 11-08-2017 at 01:43 PM.
sam1chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 01:59 PM   #1800
Rutledge Smitty
old hand
 
Rutledge Smitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Twitch.tv/SmittyPLO
Posts: 1,383
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Where is your rake posted on your website? Why is shorthanded rake not reduced for games above 1-2? Why is your rake still the highest in the business when your software is still buggy and you are trying to grow traffic to a new site? That's all.
Rutledge Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive