Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Global Poker The social poker site where you can play for free and win sweepstakes prizes.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2017, 08:56 PM   #1301
highjumper86
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 242
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by zf96733n View Post
Does anyone use chrome to play? My chrome is not working.
Try logging in and refresh. I log in, then I get a blank page. I refresh the blank page and I 'm connected.
highjumper86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 10:11 PM   #1302
splayaa
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,546
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by zf96733n View Post
Does anyone use chrome to play? My chrome is not working.
Chrome works great for me. No issues.
splayaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 12:33 PM   #1303
Rutledge Smitty
old hand
 
Rutledge Smitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Twitch.tv/SmittyPLO
Posts: 1,383
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Can we get a response on how your rake is the most competitive in the market when in fact it is the opposite? Has not been addressed in the rake increase thread other than support lying by stating it is competitive with other sites.
Rutledge Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 05:18 PM   #1304
splayaa
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,546
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutledge Smitty View Post
Can we get a response on how your rake is the most competitive in the market when in fact it is the opposite? Has not been addressed in the rake increase thread other than support lying by stating it is competitive with other sites.
Or better phrased... When exactly did you stop beating your wife?

Don't get me wrong, I think the rake is really high.

But do you really expect an answer to your question?

Follow on question, if they answered, would you be happy with the answer?

I am trying to find out in what other business we walk in and do business with them and then after we pay post in forums and complain their prices are too high. Then go back the next day and pay them again.

Starbucks charges $5 a drink because they can. Global charges 5% rake because they can. And that is proven because we all still buy drinks at Starbucks and we all still play on Global. And I tell you if you walk into Starbucks and say "Do you think this drink is worth $5?" They will smile and say "Yes. Cash or credit?"
splayaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 11:40 AM   #1305
Rutledge Smitty
old hand
 
Rutledge Smitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Twitch.tv/SmittyPLO
Posts: 1,383
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by splayaa View Post
Or better phrased... When exactly did you stop beating your wife?

Don't get me wrong, I think the rake is really high.

But do you really expect an answer to your question?

Follow on question, if they answered, would you be happy with the answer?

I am trying to find out in what other business we walk in and do business with them and then after we pay post in forums and complain their prices are too high. Then go back the next day and pay them again.

Starbucks charges $5 a drink because they can. Global charges 5% rake because they can. And that is proven because we all still buy drinks at Starbucks and we all still play on Global. And I tell you if you walk into Starbucks and say "Do you think this drink is worth $5?" They will smile and say "Yes. Cash or credit?"
No idea what the when did you stop beating your wife means, but ok? I expect them to backup the claim that they have a competitive rake structure when they don't. They can charge whatever they feel, but when their customer rep posts "we have the most competitive rake structure in US games" that is something that should be backed up and should be pushed back on by us the players. There are alot of inexperienced players on this site and on these forums (see alot of 2017 join dates posting in this sub-forum) who may not realize that customer reps are lying to them when saying they are the most competitive. Either don't say things like that as a customer rep of this site or make the rake competitive.
Rutledge Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 03:21 PM   #1306
splayaa
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,546
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutledge Smitty View Post
No idea what the when did you stop beating your wife means, but ok? I expect them to backup the claim that they have a competitive rake structure when they don't. They can charge whatever they feel, but when their customer rep posts "we have the most competitive rake structure in US games" that is something that should be backed up and should be pushed back on by us the players. There are alot of inexperienced players on this site and on these forums (see alot of 2017 join dates posting in this sub-forum) who may not realize that customer reps are lying to them when saying they are the most competitive. Either don't say things like that as a customer rep of this site or make the rake competitive.
The "beating your wife" is a flawed argument that forces the person to appear guilty by answering your question. Your questions are all phrased this way. I don't mind debate, but I want to see it done well.

We can engage Global about the rake structure, which you did in the rake thread. And then you posted it here as well. Not sure what evidence you need to understand they won't answer that question, and to be frank nor can they.

So let's be fair in our discourse with Global and all things in life. Phrasing questions as you phrased them only paints people into corners when what we should be doing with a company who is actually engaging us here is engage them well back and do so in a fair way.

There already is a rake thread, lets keep the discussion there. And then let's also not hang Global on the one time in one forum where one customer service rep made a sales statement of "we are the best". Everyone of us if in a job of sales will say we are the best. We have to, or we don't have jobs.

What I am asking you for is to play nice. And not just here, but in all things.

The rake is too high, I couldn't agree more. But how we go about that is important.
splayaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 05:07 PM   #1307
Rutledge Smitty
old hand
 
Rutledge Smitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Twitch.tv/SmittyPLO
Posts: 1,383
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by splayaa View Post
The "beating your wife" is a flawed argument that forces the person to appear guilty by answering your question. Your questions are all phrased this way. I don't mind debate, but I want to see it done well.

We can engage Global about the rake structure, which you did in the rake thread. And then you posted it here as well. Not sure what evidence you need to understand they won't answer that question, and to be frank nor can they.

So let's be fair in our discourse with Global and all things in life. Phrasing questions as you phrased them only paints people into corners when what we should be doing with a company who is actually engaging us here is engage them well back and do so in a fair way.

There already is a rake thread, lets keep the discussion there. And then let's also not hang Global on the one time in one forum where one customer service rep made a sales statement of "we are the best". Everyone of us if in a job of sales will say we are the best. We have to, or we don't have jobs.

What I am asking you for is to play nice. And not just here, but in all things.

The rake is too high, I couldn't agree more. But how we go about that is important.
Alright dude
Rutledge Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 03:03 PM   #1308
glutenfree
old hand
 
glutenfree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Somewhere Out There
Posts: 1,749
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutledge Smitty View Post
There are alot of inexperienced players on this site and on these forums (see alot of 2017 join dates posting in this sub-forum) who may not realize that customer reps are lying to them when saying they are the most competitive.
FWIW, I think the word lying may be a bit harsh, as it implies intentional deceit. I strongly suspect when the rep made the comment about Global having the most competitive rake in the industry, he just didn't know that wasn't true. Maybe he was told that by someone else in the organization that also just isn't savvy about this.

I'm not making excuses, the statement was like oh wow when he made it, I just don't think it was as sinister as intentionally trying to deceive.

Logically it would be a ridiculous lie to try to perpetuate as it has a 0% chance at success, I really think the rep believed it was true when he posted it. He hasn't re-addressed it but what's he going to say now, oops my bad? The CS rep has no power to effect changes, but I have no doubt the feedback has been funneled to the powers that can. Hopefully we will see that manifest to a positive change at some point soon. 5%/$3 is fine and competitive for full tables (5+ players), but it should be this for all stakes and it should be reduced for short handed or heads up play.
glutenfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 03:54 PM   #1309
CRUDEFINDER
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
CRUDEFINDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: got my straw in your milkshake
Posts: 6,235
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Whether unintentionally misleading or flat out lying, the rep should be called out about the statement made earlier about the rake.
CRUDEFINDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 12:12 AM   #1310
Max Jam
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 243
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Zero rakeback zero rewards is getting old quick.
Max Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 04:07 AM   #1311
BGnight
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BGnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: POO POO!!!
Posts: 9,970
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by splayaa View Post
Or better phrased... When exactly did you stop beating your wife?

Don't get me wrong, I think the rake is really high.

But do you really expect an answer to your question?

Follow on question, if they answered, would you be happy with the answer?

I am trying to find out in what other business we walk in and do business with them and then after we pay post in forums and complain their prices are too high. Then go back the next day and pay them again.

Starbucks charges $5 a drink because they can. Global charges 5% rake because they can. And that is proven because we all still buy drinks at Starbucks and we all still play on Global. And I tell you if you walk into Starbucks and say "Do you think this drink is worth $5?" They will smile and say "Yes. Cash or credit?"
This.
Pretty sure they're not worried about giving rakeback when the lobby is jam packed with games. They have no competition. No other site in the world is able to cash you out in 4 days or less. Not even WSOP.com is that fast and that's technically the only legal U.S. poker site.
BGnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 08:17 AM   #1312
splayaa
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,546
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
This.
Pretty sure they're not worried about giving rakeback when the lobby is jam packed with games. They have no competition. No other site in the world is able to cash you out in 4 days or less. Not even WSOP.com is that fast and that's technically the only legal U.S. poker site.
I need a hammer hitting a nail right on the head emoji, somehow a +1 isn't enough
splayaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:31 AM   #1313
iburydoscocaroaches
adept
 
iburydoscocaroaches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,111
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

is the 25k/50k gold coin table only equal to 10 dollar usd? You don't have higher stakes?
iburydoscocaroaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:36 AM   #1314
pokerguy1954
stranger
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 10
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Any updates on when/if you are removing Paypal's withdrawal fee?
pokerguy1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:39 AM   #1315
plo_degen
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 58
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerguy1954 View Post
Any updates on when/if you are removing Paypal's withdrawal fee?
They cover the deposit fees, so it makes sense you cover your withdrawal fee imo.
plo_degen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:39 AM   #1316
plo_degen
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 58
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Please introduce some sort of rewards or rakeback.
plo_degen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:41 PM   #1317
CRUDEFINDER
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
CRUDEFINDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: got my straw in your milkshake
Posts: 6,235
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

We can argue till the cows come home about whether or not the RNG has or hasn't been certified or the "sweepstakes" angle makes this not poker, but the bottom line is that this cannot be poker as we know it because online poker is illegal in the US and if it wasn't there would be many other sites for us to play on.
So SOMETHING is keeping this from being considered POKER in the eyes of the law. What it is remains to be seen.
CRUDEFINDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 02:02 PM   #1318
a dewd
Pooh-Bah
 
a dewd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: west of the easternmost pt up north
Posts: 3,921
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUDEFINDER View Post
We can argue till the cows come home about whether or not the RNG has or hasn't been certified or the "sweepstakes" angle makes this not poker, but the bottom line is that this cannot be poker as we know it because online poker is illegal in the US and if it wasn't there would be many other sites for us to play on.
So SOMETHING is keeping this from being considered POKER in the eyes of the law. What it is remains to be seen.
Correct, and that is because you are not buying into nor cashing out of a game with legal tender. Poker is not illegal, the betting aspect of it is when you use real money.
a dewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 02:38 PM   #1319
yourgfmyrailbird
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 217
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerguy1954 View Post
Any updates on when/if you are removing Paypal's withdrawal fee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by plo_degen View Post
They cover the deposit fees, so it makes sense you cover your withdrawal fee imo.
No. It actually does not make sense to some of us. I have deposited a whopping $200 on this site and paid multiples of that in withdrawal fees - it has cost me well more to withdrawal than to deposit. So, you can speak for yourself but please try not to speak for everyone when it comes to withdrawal fees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plo_degen View Post
Please introduce some sort of rewards or rakeback.
They have a rewards system. I constantly see these popups for decent size freerolls, etc that are earned by playing certain amounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUDEFINDER View Post
We can argue till the cows come home about whether or not the RNG has or hasn't been certified or the "sweepstakes" angle makes this not poker, but the bottom line is that this cannot be poker as we know it because online poker is illegal in the US and if it wasn't there would be many other sites for us to play on.
So SOMETHING is keeping this from being considered POKER in the eyes of the law. What it is remains to be seen.
I think it would be fine to call it "Sweepstakes Poker". Whatever you want to call really does not matter. It has gone through the due diligence of PayPal and Facebook's legal teams (which are some of the toughest to get through when it comes to online gaming laws) so until the government adds a bill to attack this angle, it is totally legal. From a player's perspective, it is poker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a dewd View Post
Correct, and that is because you are not buying into nor cashing out of a game with legal tender. Poker is not illegal, the betting aspect of it is when you use real money.
The betting aspect is not illegal either. Most states/jurisdictions you can run home games and play for real money and it is still legal. What is illegal, in certain jurisdictions, is profiting from the betting/games ie a gambling business. To check specifics on the laws I would check with the agencies within your jurisdiction ie The Bureau of Gambling Control DoJ in California.

Back to what is illegal though - the UIGEA states that financial institutions that transact online gaming transactions are breaking the law. Therefore, PayPal could be held liable if the laws changed to cover sweepstakes. But since PayPal has done their due diligence, I would say that the sweepstakes loophole is pretty bulletproof - for the moment.
yourgfmyrailbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 04:05 PM   #1320
CRUDEFINDER
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
CRUDEFINDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: got my straw in your milkshake
Posts: 6,235
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by a dewd View Post
Correct, and that is because you are not buying into nor cashing out of a game with legal tender. Poker is not illegal, the betting aspect of it is when you use real money.
In Texas the illegal aspect is operating a game for profit. If pots are raked then it is illegal.
CRUDEFINDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 06:17 PM   #1321
LostSailor
banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 8
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Explain this to me GlobalSupport...
Last night I got 2nd place in the, I believe the time was 10pm $3 1rebuy1addon. For 77 dollars.
Down to two, myself and 1st place..I believe his name is Hartless.
After I shoved my final hand and lost, our table froze. And since then..its 3pm on the 21st now I have recieved nothing in my account...

I emailed you guys several times and finally got a one line sentence reply...
"Sorry buT we cannot find that tournament on your account, can you please supply us with time and date and table name. Well...gee I would love to but you dont even have that information for us to show! I get it, great deny scam. How is it, you people dont have this info on your end and are actually depending on us to show this info.

Really though, explain how my tournament is just gone out of thin air...the same ****ing tournament that goes on every night after the guaranteed ones are finished. You going to tell me.." oh sorry but we had technical difficulties so we will refund you", thats probably your play huh, which is complete bull****. Heres a play....been on the phone with PayPal...they are suspicious and not happy. Im looking forward to eating your Goose if matters like mine and others are not handled..

Another " us poker site" acting all parasitic.

RIDICULOUS
LostSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 06:53 PM   #1322
2blackaces81
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 75
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSailor View Post
Explain this to me GlobalSupport...
Last night I got 2nd place in the, I believe the time was 10pm $3 1rebuy1addon. For 77 dollars.
Down to two, myself and 1st place..I believe his name is Hartless.
After I shoved my final hand and lost, our table froze. And since then..its 3pm on the 21st now I have recieved nothing in my account...

I emailed you guys several times and finally got a one line sentence reply...
"Sorry buT we cannot find that tournament on your account, can you please supply us with time and date and table name. Well...gee I would love to but you dont even have that information for us to show! I get it, great deny scam. How is it, you people dont have this info on your end and are actually depending on us to show this info.

Really though, explain how my tournament is just gone out of thin air...the same ****ing tournament that goes on every night after the guaranteed ones are finished. You going to tell me.." oh sorry but we had technical difficulties so we will refund you", thats probably your play huh, which is complete bull****. Heres a play....been on the phone with PayPal...they are suspicious and not happy. Im looking forward to eating your Goose if matters like mine and others are not handled..

Another " us poker site" acting all parasitic.

RIDICULOUS
Thanks for creating problems with pay pal for everyone else who plays on the site! Way to go! You and everyone else who complains or reports a issue to their bank or other financial institution is putting everyone else's funds at risk if for whatever reason things go south. How about being patient....you've been waiting for less than 24 hours for a measly $77 lol.

RIDICULOUS

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
2blackaces81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:10 PM   #1323
GlobalPokerCSadmin
Global Poker Rep
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 381
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSailor View Post
Explain this to me GlobalSupport...
Last night I got 2nd place in the, I believe the time was 10pm $3 1rebuy1addon. For 77 dollars.
Down to two, myself and 1st place..I believe his name is Hartless.
After I shoved my final hand and lost, our table froze. And since then..its 3pm on the 21st now I have recieved nothing in my account...

I emailed you guys several times and finally got a one line sentence reply...
"Sorry buT we cannot find that tournament on your account, can you please supply us with time and date and table name. Well...gee I would love to but you dont even have that information for us to show! I get it, great deny scam. How is it, you people dont have this info on your end and are actually depending on us to show this info.

Really though, explain how my tournament is just gone out of thin air...the same ****ing tournament that goes on every night after the guaranteed ones are finished. You going to tell me.." oh sorry but we had technical difficulties so we will refund you", thats probably your play huh, which is complete bull****. Heres a play....been on the phone with PayPal...they are suspicious and not happy. Im looking forward to eating your Goose if matters like mine and others are not handled..

Another " us poker site" acting all parasitic.

RIDICULOUS
Hi LostSailor, we will ask our support team to look into this for you and update you as soon as we get some information.

Thanks for being patient.
GlobalPokerCSadmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:55 PM   #1324
Sirbustalotz
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 432
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

please add heads up sit and goes.. Purttyyy
Sirbustalotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 09:03 PM   #1325
zikzak
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
zikzak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hither, Yon
Posts: 22,236
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

What happened to the 4 max tables? I was enjoying those.
zikzak is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive