Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Global Poker The next generation poker site where you can legally redeem prizes quickly and securely.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2020, 02:41 PM   #1
Buyins
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 19
Disconnecting/Reconnecting Over and Over

Never had an issue for the long time period I've played here. All of a sudden I can't stop these "mini disconnects", where I DC then reconnect almost instantly. Happens every 10-15 seconds and is so freaking annoying. Reloads the table I am at each time. After every hand I have to click "I'm back" or it acts as if I'm AFK too.

I've tried resetting my computer. I've tried moving from Chrome to Microsoft Edge. Same thing keeps happening.

Last edited by Buyins; 05-08-2020 at 03:04 PM.
Buyins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 03:40 PM   #2
CuseNation
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 341
Re: Disconnecting/Reconnecting Over and Over

running fine for me most likely a regional thing
CuseNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 06:10 PM   #3
HurtYourFeelings
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 1
Re: Disconnecting/Reconnecting Over and Over

Happening to me to. I did find a work around tho.

I used my mobile hotspot/tether option to use my cellular internet and it does not disconnect at all.

I think its an ISP thing.
HurtYourFeelings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 10:20 PM   #4
jriiikk
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 255
Re: Disconnecting/Reconnecting Over and Over

There is a huge load on the internet with so many people staying home. It happens to me but I can't figure out if it is on my end or their end. Sometimes it seems one way and sometimes it seems the other. There has only been a few times where it got so bad i missed hands. It has been better of late. Hope it will get better for you too.
jriiikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 03:57 PM   #5
Buyins
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 19
Re: Disconnecting/Reconnecting Over and Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtYourFeelings View Post
Happening to me to. I did find a work around tho.

I used my mobile hotspot/tether option to use my cellular internet and it does not disconnect at all.

I think its an ISP thing.
Thank you for creating an account just to make this post. I tried to play at a friends house and didn't encounter any problems. Today I am back at my house and I am having the same problem. I also thought about using a mobile hotspot as it's my internet specifically causing the problem. It's just odd, because I pay for extremely good internet.
Buyins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 06:38 PM   #6
ekdikeo
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,328
Re: Disconnecting/Reconnecting Over and Over

It's probably one specific network connection to global that is ****ed.

Global needs to get on top of getting this **** fixed -- 8 days now, this has been going on.

My direct network connection is fine, and every other site works perfectly fine. play.globalpoker.com and friends, are having *extreme* network difficulties, though.

Play is virtually impossible until after I've managed to be connected for more than about 20 minutes, at which point it stops constantly disconnecting. Prior to that, I will get disconnected 3 to 4 times PER HAND.

ALSO, I believe there is a bug in the reconnection handling, that causes people's stacks to get ****ed up, both positive and negative.

We need a rep to address this immediately.

The web client's network reconnection handling is piss poor, but it's acceptable when it happens quite rarely, as normal... but when it happens 4 times a hand, you get ****ed over in every game.
ekdikeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 06:43 PM   #7
ekdikeo
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,328
Re: Disconnecting/Reconnecting Over and Over

I realize that the problem is probably somewhere *between* Global and the rest of us, rather than either specifically one of us, or one of their direct connections, but Global needs to get network engineers out on finding out who/where the culprit is and getting that shiz fixed.

On *top* of that, they have *significant* and *extreme* problems with the reconnection handling -- a reconnection could leave you anywhere from unable to load a table, to unable to *control* a table once it's loaded, to, I suspect, actually altering your chips in play. I don't want to go into any more detail about that last one unless I get to have a private conversation with an actual person who can actually do something, though.

So, there's plenty of opportunity for programming enhancements here, as well as getting the network people to get to the bottom of the problem and get it ****ing fixed.
ekdikeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 06:33 PM   #8
ekdikeo
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,328
Re: Disconnecting/Reconnecting Over and Over

Day 9 of this.

Today, it is disconnecting 3+ times *PER STREET* of a hand.

If Global doesn't know that hundreds or more people are being disconnected this frequently, because they don't have proper logging setup to understand it, then they are a garbage company, that doesn't deserve anything we've given them.

This is complete crap, and no professional company should allow network problems like this to happen -- even if it is not in their end, they should know about it, and have people locating where the fault is, and having it fixed.

Last edited by ekdikeo; 05-11-2020 at 06:48 PM.
ekdikeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 07:09 PM   #9
ekdikeo
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,328
Re: Disconnecting/Reconnecting Over and Over

Nearly two weeks, and not a single acknowledgement from any channel, email support, here, two different facebook forums where i know reps are, or twitter.

Not even a so much as "not our problem".

It's now affecting my connection there via cell, too, so it's virtually impossible to play at all.
ekdikeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 10:07 PM   #10
ekdikeo
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,328
Re: Disconnecting/Reconnecting Over and Over

It is getting far, far, worse as today goes on, too. I do not have a network issue locally, my ping and traceroutes to several sites, as well as long standing connections to sites other than global are fine.
ekdikeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 10:31 PM   #11
CuseNation
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 341
Re: Disconnecting/Reconnecting Over and Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekdikeo View Post
It is getting far, far, worse as today goes on, too. I do not have a network issue locally, my ping and traceroutes to several sites, as well as long standing connections to sites other than global are fine.
global running fine for me and everyone i know playing on it so its and ISP issue
CuseNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 05:03 AM   #12
ekdikeo
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,328
Re: Disconnecting/Reconnecting Over and Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseNation View Post
global running fine for me and everyone i know playing on it so its and ISP issue
It's most definitely not *my* ISP issue. Traceroute and ping shows that play.globalpoker.com is lagging out horrifically approximately every 5-7 seconds. As far as I can tell, that's the site that the web client is connecting to for game updates.

None of the sites on the network *between* myself and play.globalpoker.com are experiencing that same 2000-5000 millisecond lag every few seconds.

It's also occurring on 3 different ISPs that I have access to - comcast, woway, and att wireless. On several different computers.

This is not a problem on my end, and there's plenty of people in facebook groups for global complaining about it, as well as people in chat in game constantly complaining about people playing so slowly.. it's because we're not ****ing connected.
ekdikeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 11:05 AM   #13
CuseNation
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 341
Re: Disconnecting/Reconnecting Over and Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekdikeo View Post
It's most definitely not *my* ISP issue. Traceroute and ping shows that play.globalpoker.com is lagging out horrifically approximately every 5-7 seconds. As far as I can tell, that's the site that the web client is connecting to for game updates.

None of the sites on the network *between* myself and play.globalpoker.com are experiencing that same 2000-5000 millisecond lag every few seconds.

It's also occurring on 3 different ISPs that I have access to - comcast, woway, and att wireless. On several different computers.

This is not a problem on my end, and there's plenty of people in facebook groups for global complaining about it, as well as people in chat in game constantly complaining about people playing so slowly.. it's because we're not ****ing connected.
So explain then why everyone else is connected and running fine. Iím willing to guess everyone who is complaining is in a similar are of the country.
CuseNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 04:44 PM   #14
ekdikeo
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,328
Re: Disconnecting/Reconnecting Over and Over

I have doubts that the majority of players are here on this forum. I see people complaining about it every day, both in other forums, and in in-game chat. I can trace it directly to play.globalpoker.com as being the piece that is not responding timely, with all other network addresses prior to them continuing to respond in approximately 15milliseconds. Global's network is adding another 5-7ms of lag time processing every single request, and every few seconds, it adds a second or more to the response time.

It's absolutely terrible network performance (although it only actually dropped 7 out of 500 packets when I tested it, which isn't great, but also isn't considered terrible)

Having a ping time that spikes every few seconds is absolutely 1000% a problem with their network hardware, network configuration, and or server.

The disconnections start occurring when the lag gets up over 5seconds.
ekdikeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 04:48 PM   #15
CuseNation
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 341
Re: Disconnecting/Reconnecting Over and Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekdikeo View Post
I have doubts that the majority of players are here on this forum. I see people complaining about it every day, both in other forums, and in in-game chat. I can trace it directly to play.globalpoker.com as being the piece that is not responding timely, with all other network addresses prior to them continuing to respond in approximately 15milliseconds. Global's network is adding another 5-7ms of lag time processing every single request, and every few seconds, it adds a second or more to the response time.

It's absolutely terrible network performance (although it only actually dropped 7 out of 500 packets when I tested it, which isn't great, but also isn't considered terrible)

Having a ping time that spikes every few seconds is absolutely 1000% a problem with their network hardware, network configuration, and or server.

The disconnections start occurring when the lag gets up over 5seconds.
well i play daily watch a bunch of people play on twitch daily and theres usually a bunch of people in their chat and we are all running fine so its a local problem
CuseNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 12:11 AM   #16
ekdikeo
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,328
Re: Disconnecting/Reconnecting Over and Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseNation View Post
well i play daily watch a bunch of people play on twitch daily and theres usually a bunch of people in their chat and we are all running fine so its a local problem
Yeah, well, it wasn't -- i've got enough network engineering experience to be able to diagnose where in the network a problem is -- and it was fixed this past Thursday, and hasn't really been a problem at all since.

The Internet is not just two points, us, and them, there are many points in between. And there are even many points included in "them", probably. There was definitely a problem in the network within 1 hop of their servers, but that doesn't mean that everyone, or even a majority of their players, went through that one hop that was broken. But a lot of people did.
ekdikeo is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online