Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Spraggy

Viewing:1098

Lex Veldhuis

AIRWISBTS

Viewing:964

Lex Veldhuis

Epiphany77

Viewing:618

Lex Veldhuis

runitup247

Viewing:395

Lex Veldhuis

Liay5

Viewing:228

Lex Veldhuis

xflixx

Viewing:199

Lex Veldhuis

이문주

Viewing:171

Lex Veldhuis

Twitch - Watch and Discuss Live Online Poker Watch streaming online poker play powered by TwitchTV right here on the 2+2 Forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2018, 06:06 AM   #176
David Lyons
adept
 
David Lyons's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Working on luck box dot com
Posts: 1,065
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haifisch6582 View Post
Who deserves it more then LeX ?? A lot of People man, a lot of ! I am talking from Players who work on there Game and not on there Stream !
My point is that being the best poker player does not mean you will be the best streamer (same applies to any other game streamer).

Playing hud-less with a live camera on you 6/7 days a week is a very specific skill that Lex does better than most if not all other poker streamers. He also plays well, understands the game, and narrates his game in a way his viewers like.

There are plenty of better players, but none of them have yet to create good streams.
David Lyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:20 AM   #177
KossuKukkula
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,686
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lyons View Post
He also plays well, understands the game, and narrates his game in a way his viewers like. .
I think it's safe to say he is not playing well atm. Understands the rules yeah but like someone mentioned there are some big leaks there. Narrates the game well that's probably true. I think he would do much better playing 100bb cash than mtts but mtts are way better format to stream.
KossuKukkula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:46 PM   #178
WhatsUpGuys
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 293
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lyons View Post
My point is that being the best poker player does not mean you will be the best streamer (same applies to any other game streamer).

Playing hud-less with a live camera on you 6/7 days a week is a very specific skill that Lex does better than most if not all other poker streamers. He also plays well, understands the game, and narrates his game in a way his viewers like.

There are plenty of better players, but none of them have yet to create good streams.

How confused are you dude? just listen to you! Lets go over whats wrong with your post
-PLaying hudless is a decision he made to make it a better viewer experience. Lex needs to grow the stream and be successful there, because he cant win at poker. I dont deny one bit him being an entertaining streamer. People love a good trainwreck.
-how can you say"putting a camera on you 6-7 days is skill lex does better than most? Anybody can sit in front of a camera and play highstakes people will watch. Winning would make it"and better than most
-You say he plays well, understands the game well and narrates it well for viewers to follow. This couldnt be further than the truth. Playing well would mean that you actually make money. Hes on a "100k downswing" and itd be 200 if he didnt get lucky the very few big games he won. He wont remember those times though he wont mention the tmie he had K3 allin pre to kk and won, for a 10k payjump in prizemoney. None of you brainwashed plebs will ever remmeber that but surely when he latereges a game with 8 bbs and loses a flip youd be the first to say how unlucky he is!. He also narrarates terribly. Its his way or NO WAY. If you comment he will tell you how he studied etc and you are a 5nl pro and doesnt want your advice.

doug polk might be the only good player on twitch.
WhatsUpGuys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 05:46 AM   #179
David Lyons
adept
 
David Lyons's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Working on luck box dot com
Posts: 1,065
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsUpGuys View Post
Anybody can sit in front of a camera and play highstakes people will watch.
This is not true.
David Lyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 05:52 AM   #180
KossuKukkula
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,686
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lyons View Post
This is not true.
Well people watch Perkins playing one hs table so yeah it's kind of true. Or do you have better examples for your opinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsUpGuys View Post
doug polk might be the only good player on twitch.
Well if we count out Lex then spraggy is a quite good streamer. And uhlen when he happens to stream. Might allso say tonkaa. And all of them wins allso.
KossuKukkula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:01 AM   #181
David Lyons
adept
 
David Lyons's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Working on luck box dot com
Posts: 1,065
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by KossuKukkula View Post
Well people watch Perkins playing one hs table so yeah it's kind of true. Or do you have better examples for your opinion?
Bill is great and creates some great content.

However;
https://socialblade.com/twitch/compa...ns/lexveldhuis

Look at the times people have played for $1m first prize on twitch; they did not get any kind of strong viewing numbers. It is regular day-in day-out streamers who generally get the viewers.

Building and sustaining a poker viewership (or any viewership) is hard.
David Lyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:18 AM   #182
KossuKukkula
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,686
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lyons View Post
Bill is great and creates some great content.

However;
https://socialblade.com/twitch/compa...ns/lexveldhuis

Look at the times people have played for $1m first prize on twitch; they did not get any kind of strong viewing numbers. It is regular day-in day-out streamers who generally get the viewers.

Building and sustaining a poker viewership (or any viewership) is hard.
Yeah I didn't mean it like that you play some random mtt for big price. And Perkins is mind boggling boring (and pretty bad player tbh). The only reason people watch is is the stakes and giveaways (he does them right?). And tbh I don't know what I need to look from those graphs? I said people watch Perkins because he plays hs and you kind of proved my point.

Lets try this again. If you put a person to play hs on stream (not some random mtt from scoop) people will watch that. Like Perkins. Cant imagine people would watch him playing one table of NL25.
KossuKukkula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:17 AM   #183
WhatsUpGuys
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 293
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lyons View Post
This is not true.
I love how you read my post and pickout one small area of it and ignore the rest. I guess you read it and thought"yep! hes right! but i gotta find a comeback".... so you choose this, bad choice.

It is very much true, anybody in the world can sit in front of a computer and do what they love to do. IF you have the money to support it you can do whtever you want in this world, are you going to disagree with that too ? Id love to hear how im wrong!
WhatsUpGuys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 12:17 PM   #184
WhatsUpGuys
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 293
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Whats this debate about Perkins and comparing him to Lex?
They both stream for different reasons. Perky is a baller who enjoys poker and streams from his yacht just having a fun time every now and then with no set schedule. Obviously hes not going to get anywhere NEAR lex volume with viewership. He didnt put his heart and sol into it and uses it for entertainment. Nothing wrong with that. I do enjoy watching him, and think hes a pretty successful dude.

Lex streams because he enjoys it(i think he does, not quite sure) but he obviously does it because he has to. He cant live his lifestyle without the extra money coming in .
WhatsUpGuys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 12:30 PM   #185
David Lyons
adept
 
David Lyons's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Working on luck box dot com
Posts: 1,065
Re: Lex Veldhuis

I'm not disagreeing with anything other than the assertion earlier in this thread that (1) Lex is somehow not deserving and (2) anyone could easily do what he does.

There's better players, and bigger players, and bigger personalities... but to stream successfully takes more - a lot more - than this.
David Lyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:34 PM   #186
WhatsUpGuys
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 293
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lyons View Post
I'm not disagreeing with anything other than the assertion earlier in this thread that (1) Lex is somehow not deserving and (2) anyone could easily do what he does.

There's better players, and bigger players, and bigger personalities... but to stream successfully takes more - a lot more - than this.

Ok well i told you why he is not deserving and i explained how anybody COULD do what he does, can you explain how you think what you think?
WhatsUpGuys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:43 PM   #187
Michael Buble
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 243
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lyons View Post
ITheres better players, and bigger players, and bigger personalities... but to stream successfully takes more - a lot more - than this.
True, but a big part of what it takes is being willing to do it. Without regarding how others would judge my personality id never stream just because I have no desire to play in front of a camera with many people watching all the time, and im sure thats true for most players. Thus what distingueshes Lex most from others (especially high-stakes players) isnt his personality or poker capabilties, but that hes willing to do the job he does.
Michael Buble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 04:43 AM   #188
WhatsUpGuys
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 293
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Buble View Post
True, but a big part of what it takes is being willing to do it. Without regarding how others would judge my personality id never stream just because I have no desire to play in front of a camera with many people watching all the time, and im sure thats true for most players. Thus what distingueshes Lex most from others (especially high-stakes players) isnt his personality or poker capabilties, but that hes willing to do the job he does.
I dont blame you with the whole no desire to play in front of a camera, thing. For example i gave 2% of myself to some online friends online in a sunday major recently and i ended up losing allin preAK to QQ for roughly 30 bigs button to bb, vs an active bb guy. I had to hear for about a half hour how"AK is a drawing hand, you should of not gone broke, you should of not commited yourself and you could of folded to the money!" all these comments from someone who is down 4k with a 1.50 ABI.
-Twitch is full of that, and im outspoken and i would try to defend my play way to much against these people with zero clue.

Lex is outspoken too and blowsp on chat and i dont blame him sometimes, but he is only willing to do it because he is a real successful streamer and makes bank and he needs to stream to survive.
WhatsUpGuys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:14 PM   #189
p0kercasual
enthusiast
 
p0kercasual's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 70
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Lex is back streaming from a long hiatus so if you missed him show him some support by giving him a sub, like, follow. Was painful not being able to watch him. Veldhuis legion FTW LESS THAN THREE <3
Definitely months away from Christmas, but somehow I feel like it's that time of the year.
p0kercasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:50 PM   #190
Michael Buble
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 243
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0kercasual View Post
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Lex is back streaming from a long hiatus so if you missed him show him some support by giving him a sub, like, follow. Was painful not being able to watch him. Veldhuis legion FTW LESS THAN THREE <3
Definitely months away from Christmas, but somehow I feel like it's that time of the year.
Normal I can detect sarcasm pretty well, but you make me doubt. Are you really that big of a fan that missing him is 'painful'?
Michael Buble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:50 PM   #191
KossuKukkula
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,686
Re: Lex Veldhuis

He is dead serious about that. He is like the Stan in real life and Lex is his eminem. He allso thinks that Lex is his bro. He is so obsessed about twitch it's allmost scary. Well not allmost it's scary. He just can't live without the streams even if that means watching Polk who he hates so much.

Quote:
Lex is the closest to being a hero in poker. I'm not just saying this because I'm a die hard Veldhuis bandwagoner. I'm plugging Lex because he's a big brother in my eyes. Bro is one of the most dedicated, intelligent, hard-working, funny, personable, respectful, insightful, relatable individuals walking God's green earth. I say that matter-of-factly!
Quote:
Doug is loud, boisterous, irritating, egomaniacal.
There are more posts like this in the nvg Polks thread.
KossuKukkula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:11 AM   #192
WhatsUpGuys
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 293
Re: Lex Veldhuis

As most of you can see, i am not a fan of Lex, Im trying to thinkup a fair bet for Lex during wcoop. You guys think i can get action offering 2-1 he has a profitable series or not? So if has profits i lose 2x what bettor risked. If he loses i win 1 unit. Theres gotta be some suckers out there who actually think he will make money right? only problem is those guys are probably busto.

Last edited by WhatsUpGuys; Today at 05:13 AM. Reason: worded it wrong
WhatsUpGuys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:47 AM   #193
KossuKukkula
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,686
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Well that's a bad bet either way because these is a huge ammount of variance in one wcoop. He might just make a godrun to begin with and with those profits make it profitable. But I thinkp0kercasual is ready to go. Wcoop gonna be the toughest field of these series right?
KossuKukkula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:30 AM   #194
WhatsUpGuys
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 293
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by KossuKukkula View Post
Well that's a bad bet either way because these is a huge ammount of variance in one wcoop. He might just make a godrun to begin with and with those profits make it profitable. But I thinkp0kercasual is ready to go. Wcoop gonna be the toughest field of these series right?

Right, but i watched him stream yesterday and if i bet id want it to be all of his action for the duration of wcoop, he will be in other stuff. so basically itd be to stat him up the day wcoop begins, then after last day. I watched enough Lex to know what will happen.

He streamed yesterday and donked up a 500 buck spin n go, he talked about playing a 2k mixed wcoop, he talked about playing the 10k plo and 10k knockout.
Someone in chat made fn of his losses and he replied today bad variance.

My prediction is he loses another 50k in the next 3 months and gets depressed again. Or if he somehow wins a big one he will go on about the timeoff is what made him win. The real scary thing is he thinks he does nothing wrong. HE fired 3 shells into the 500 bb again, and regged games on the side with 9 bb over ad over. Sickening how people are so blind to say they learn from this guy LOL

Who do i think is GOOD on twitch some asked me. Well i think Kevin Martin is, i think he has a few big leaks but he has caughton quick and made great progression and actually plays well, and bluffs!. I think he has the mind to get to the highstakes one day and stay there.
WhatsUpGuys is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online
Spraggy1098
AIRWISBTS965
Epiphany77618
runitup247395
Liay5228
xflixx201
이문주171
VictorSbrissa82
peter80471
nanarlepigeon64
DWstevie50
ShroomTheRiver48
andreasfroehli40
PokerAcademie40
girexbernandfriends31
tauruswowps30
넷마블김마담30
PokerstrategyRussian27
fockerkid25
smartspinfrance24
misspunk_hs23
aleks5281522
Alternative121218
Solidthought18
DeDachs11