Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Epiphany77

Viewing:1385

Lex Veldhuis

MattStaples

Viewing:785

Lex Veldhuis

fisHC0p

Viewing:529

Lex Veldhuis

runitup247

Viewing:372

Lex Veldhuis

nolimit_gg

Viewing:323

Lex Veldhuis

PMUTV

Viewing:270

Lex Veldhuis

Liay5

Viewing:270

Lex Veldhuis

Twitch - Watch and Discuss Live Online Poker Watch streaming online poker play powered by TwitchTV right here on the 2+2 Forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2018, 07:20 AM   #126
Michael Buble
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 281
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsUpGuys View Post
I believe for 2 months now, he has 3k-3500 subs a month. Before these 2 motnhs, its been in the 2k range.... So from 2monhs+ now hes been making over 15k n just subs. he gets 5 bucks a head. Now if you throw in donations and how he been getting a ton of 200 and even 500 buck donos, its easily 25k a month,
thats not even counting his sponsors, and of course whatever deal he has with stars he gets that aswell. Hes got it made
Twitch takes 50% of sub money and there's taxes. But in the end it'll be 20K+ regardless; he wouldn't be plugging RYE and PokerShares all the time if he doesn't make decent $ out of that. Stars is 100% rakeback + X amount of live buy ins.

He does well, but bit easy to say he's got it made. He can't choose to skip the poker losses and keep the Twitch income because part of the reason why people are watching is that he plays the highest buyins (which he can't win).
Michael Buble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 01:29 PM   #127
WhatsUpGuys
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 335
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Buble View Post
Twitch takes 50% of sub money and there's taxes. But in the end it'll be 20K+ regardless; he wouldn't be plugging RYE and PokerShares all the time if he doesn't make decent $ out of that. Stars is 100% rakeback + X amount of live buy ins.

He does well, but bit easy to say he's got it made. He can't choose to skip the poker losses and keep the Twitch income because part of the reason why people are watching is that he plays the highest buyins (which he can't win).

I heard if you are a top streamer you get the full 5. Ninja gets 5 dollars a sub and makes 2million dollars every month lol but thats another story.
I bet you Lex gets more than 2.50 a sub.

He might plug RYE alot yeah but maybe he only gets money if someone uses it on his code or something i dont know. Pokershares yeah, who cares f they give him anything he has people brainwashed nto buying his action when hes a DOG in the games he sells for lol then says his markup is soooooo good.
WhatsUpGuys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 05:03 PM   #128
magking1
adept
 
magking1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 871
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Serious question

Does ANY consistent winner also have a popular stream?

I dont know how you can do both.
magking1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 10:46 PM   #129
WhatsUpGuys
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 335
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by magking1 View Post
Serious question

Does ANY consistent winner also have a popular stream?

I dont know how you can do both.

I think the closest person to that would be bparis
He has been around for yrs, consistantly wins but very boring to watch lol
WhatsUpGuys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:31 AM   #130
KossuKukkula
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,766
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsUpGuys View Post
I think the closest person to that would be bparis
He has been around for yrs, consistantly wins but very boring to watch lol


Well he used to win but has been breakeven for allmost 4years now.

Quote:
Does ANY consistent winner also have a popular stream?
I think tonka might have found his groove again. Made a smart decision and took some time off and started to use a hud. And believe it or not Arlie Shaban wins at the smaller stakes and is prolly the most popular if you count out the big guns.
KossuKukkula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 11:44 AM   #131
de_man
old hand
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: London
Posts: 1,315
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Respect the work ethic, but I'm amazed how popular this guy is. I watched for 5minutes the other day whilst Tonka was on break & he made reference to the donations he'd had that day, which I think amounted to over 2k? Who's donating these large sums so consistently?

Despite that generosity, he constantly talks like he's doing viewers a favor by streaming. I got chat banned ages ago for saying something mildly "toxic", but listening to him lecture chat without being able to take anything back was just unbearable. He can't take criticism, even if its constructive. Compare that to the crap Tonka puts up with.

I'm genuinely amazed he gets more viewers than Tonka, & probably ten times the amount of donations. Talbot just has much more natural charisma than Lex or these other streamers IMO. He makes stuff funny - I find myself laughing out loud a lot when his stream is on in the background of me playing my own tables, whereas listening to Veldhuis put me on tilt in 15 minutes.

Been v.impressed with Tonka - seems to have humbled himself & made a few adjustments. I've seen him make several big folds that he definitely wouldn't have made a few months back. He'd have shoved, or called it off, & chalked it up to bad variance like Lex does. The kid is back
de_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:17 PM   #132
Michael Buble
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 281
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by magking1 View Post
Serious question

Does ANY consistent winner also have a popular stream?

I dont know how you can do both.
Kevin Martin, Benjamin Spragg, Matthew Staples. They don't play the highest stakes because they're aware of their own capabilities, but they're definitely winning at the stakes they play. Tonkaaaa would come closest as high-stakes streamer, he's improved a lot recently with good results and fewer punts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by de_man View Post
I watched for 5minutes the other day whilst Tonka was on break & he made reference to the donations he'd had that day, which I think amounted to over 2k? Who's donating these large sums so consistently?
The few times I've watched it's always the same few people donating the large amounts. If you listen to the messages you'll notice they credit Lex for helping them with serious issues in their life like depression. I've never heard such a thing at any other poker stream. No idea how Lex does have that effect, but good for them if watching someone play a game has a therapeutic effect.
Michael Buble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:35 PM   #133
ilovmsmorris
grinder
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 510
Re: Lex Veldhuis

It seemed like he even knew that the k9s shove was a little too deep, and that r/f would've been better... but he was too steamed from the previous few orbits to r/f again. Of course he's too arrogant to admit even the possibility of it being a mistake, though.
ilovmsmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 02:51 AM   #134
Veganzombies
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 78
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by magking1 View Post
Serious question

Does ANY consistent winner also have a popular stream?

I dont know how you can do both.
The hardest part is that you give up too much info. Anyone at your table watching your stream gains ev against you.
Veganzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 06:22 PM   #135
WhatsUpGuys
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 335
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Lex told us today he was on a 90k downswing, well I predicted he'd lose 100k by february.
Looks like i was right. If he didnt win those two 50k mtts he lucksacked along the way hed be down almost 200k. I wonder when hard truth will finally hit him and he quits playing games he doesnt belong in, which is nearly all the games he currently joins
WhatsUpGuys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 11:42 PM   #136
Michael Buble
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 281
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsUpGuys View Post
Lex told us today he was on a 90k downswing, well I predicted he'd lose 100k by february.
Looks like i was right. If he didnt win those two 50k mtts he lucksacked along the way hed be down almost 200k. I wonder when hard truth will finally hit him and he quits playing games he doesnt belong in, which is nearly all the games he currently joins
That isn't fair tbh. If you take out the 2 highest scores of any MTT pro over 6 months most would be losing. He was lucky with those big scores, but he isn't that bad that he should be losing 90K in just a few months either. In the end he is close to a break-even player that can make money of Twitch. That's totally fine, except for that he doesn't recognize it.
Michael Buble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 05:32 AM   #137
KossuKukkula
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,766
Re: Lex Veldhuis

It was funny that after scoop he said where are gonna crush so hard these stakes. And now it's wsop most of the regs are at vegas and still he manages to lose. Is it still just a downswing or could it be that he ain't as good as he thinks? I think he should do what tonka did. Take a break, less streaming more studying and start using a hud. Even he says that playing only four (?) tables gives him more time to think and make moves he seems to use that time to entertain the audience and dancing.

And before that p0kercasual comes here crying that I'm a hater that's not true. I do enjoy lex's streams. He is by far the most entertaining streamer in the poker category. Only thing that is annoying is marketing that pokershares. I know that he is atleast affiliated with them but still hyping his mups is a bot too much.
KossuKukkula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 04:09 PM   #138
WhatsUpGuys
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 335
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Buble View Post
That isn't fair tbh. If you take out the 2 highest scores of any MTT pro over 6 months most would be losing. He was lucky with those big scores, but he isn't that bad that he should be losing 90K in just a few months either. In the end he is close to a break-even player that can make money of Twitch. That's totally fine, except for that he doesn't recognize it.
Hows it not fair? When i made my predicton it was before he won the thrilla, and then he had that big plo win. He was actually on a 100k heater when i said"hes going to lose soooo much money" I been playing online since 04. Professionally since 09.

I dont know how much you watch but i watch a ton now, and off the top of my head i will tell you a few MAJOR leaks he has, and he honestly thinks its all ok.
-Routinely 3bet shoves against 1 opener with very small pps
-Routinely re enters 109 and 215 turbos and hyper turbos at the 300 600 and 400 800 level over and over, loses 3 bulllets constantly, even does it in the 530 bb
- constantly cbets a little bigger than a third pot on all his bluffs or a hand he would fold to a raise. He never bluffs, and is always strong when he bets 2/3rds pot


He'd be down 200k if not for those"lucky scores" I think he is one of the worst on twitch tbh and id be willing to make any propbet on him losing etc if you are interested. We can find an escrow.
WhatsUpGuys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 05:38 PM   #139
WhatsUpGuys
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 335
Re: Lex Veldhuis

-Routnely shoves 40 bb against the 1 player(from almost any positons too)
i left that detail out
WhatsUpGuys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 08:26 PM   #140
-UBetIFold-
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 434
Re: Lex Veldhuis

You sure love ****ting on the guy, just curious when your stream is coming out?
-UBetIFold- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 10:29 PM   #141
WhatsUpGuys
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 335
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by -UBetIFold- View Post
You sure love ****ting on the guy, just curious when your stream is coming out?

Cuz im not gonna whore myself out for free money. I wouldnt want to argue with chat who are complete fish. I wouldnt want my opponents to see how i play.
This is why theres a very small number of good pokerplayers who stream.
WhatsUpGuys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 03:02 AM   #142
GoSitOnABanana
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 26
Re: Lex Veldhuis

How is he doing this year? Is there a monthly graph we can see for him?
GoSitOnABanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 05:48 AM   #143
KossuKukkula
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,766
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by -UBetIFold- View Post
You sure love ****ting on the guy, just curious when your stream is coming out?
So unless you are a losing streamer you can't critize a player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSitOnABanana View Post
How is he doing this year? Is there a monthly graph we can see for him?
No graphs anymore. You can follw his results @ riustats. Atm I think he is b/e for the year.
KossuKukkula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 08:57 AM   #144
-UBetIFold-
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 434
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by KossuKukkula View Post
So unless you are a losing streamer you can't critize a player?



No graphs anymore. You can follw his results @ riustats. Atm I think he is b/e for the year.


You can criticize sure, but WUG just ****s on the guy non stop. Yet he's glued to his nuts by the looks of it. If you don't like him, don't watch. He puts out more content then any streamer and is an enjoyable watch.


We don't care how much better you are then him. (WUG). Jeez, come across as extremely entitled and douchey.
-UBetIFold- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 09:41 AM   #145
KossuKukkula
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,766
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by -UBetIFold- View Post
You can criticize sure, but WUG just ****s on the guy non stop. Yet he's glued to his nuts by the looks of it. If you don't like him, don't watch. He puts out more content then any streamer and is an enjoyable watch. .
Well i have to agree with that. I think lex is a mediocre player atm but I don't watch him to get better. I watch him for the show. Only thing that really annoys me is that pshares marketing. Yeah he is atleast affiliated with them but still it's annoying as f**. Hey guys look low mups buy a piece of me.
KossuKukkula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 07:23 PM   #146
Michael Buble
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 281
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsUpGuys View Post
Hows it not fair? When i made my predicton it was before he won the thrilla, and then he had that big plo win. He was actually on a 100k heater when i said"hes going to lose soooo much money" I been playing online since 04. Professionally since 09.

I dont know how much you watch but i watch a ton now, and off the top of my head i will tell you a few MAJOR leaks he has, and he honestly thinks its all ok.
-Routinely 3bet shoves against 1 opener with very small pps
-Routinely re enters 109 and 215 turbos and hyper turbos at the 300 600 and 400 800 level over and over, loses 3 bulllets constantly, even does it in the 530 bb
- constantly cbets a little bigger than a third pot on all his bluffs or a hand he would fold to a raise. He never bluffs, and is always strong when he bets 2/3rds pot


He'd be down 200k if not for those"lucky scores" I think he is one of the worst on twitch tbh and id be willing to make any propbet on him losing etc if you are interested. We can find an escrow.
You're right that he has many leaks, the funny thing is that he markets RYE all the time yet ignores some of their most basic advice as opening ranges.

But you can't say his result should be -200K because when he won he was lucky. Even mediocre players are supposed to get lucky now and then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KossuKukkula View Post
Only thing that really annoys me is that pshares marketing. Yeah he is atleast affiliated with them but still it's annoying as f**. Hey guys look low mups buy a piece of me.
I wonder how happy all those players are that bought his action after him telling them they'd be printing money. I've heard that Pokershares sells Lexs actual action, so makes sense for him to plug that as fanatically as he does.
Michael Buble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 01:35 PM   #147
fuzztacular
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 45
Re: Lex Veldhuis

What do you guys think of this series?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe3M9LU4Dbs
fuzztacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 05:39 AM   #148
KossuKukkula
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,766
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzztacular View Post
What do you guys think of this series?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe3M9LU4Dbs
I think it's a really smart move from rye using lex's audience to promote rye. Personally watching for several hours lex explaining his plays is a bit too much even for entertainement value. But like I said there are people who loves this and it makes sense.
KossuKukkula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 01:12 PM   #149
RunLikeBarre
stranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 5
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsUpGuys View Post
Hows it not fair? When i made my predicton it was before he won the thrilla, and then he had that big plo win. He was actually on a 100k heater when i said"hes going to lose soooo much money" I been playing online since 04. Professionally since 09.

I dont know how much you watch but i watch a ton now, and off the top of my head i will tell you a few MAJOR leaks he has, and he honestly thinks its all ok.
-Routinely 3bet shoves against 1 opener with very small pps
-Routinely re enters 109 and 215 turbos and hyper turbos at the 300 600 and 400 800 level over and over, loses 3 bulllets constantly, even does it in the 530 bb
- constantly cbets a little bigger than a third pot on all his bluffs or a hand he would fold to a raise. He never bluffs, and is always strong when he bets 2/3rds pot


He'd be down 200k if not for those"lucky scores" I think he is one of the worst on twitch tbh and id be willing to make any propbet on him losing etc if you are interested. We can find an escrow.
Not to forget that he punts every MTT with a buyin under 55$ because he doesnt care about playing 'smaller' tournaments, no wonder he's on a downswing when he torches a couple k per week in those
RunLikeBarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 01:32 AM   #150
WhatsUpGuys
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 335
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunLikeBarre View Post
Not to forget that he punts every MTT with a buyin under 55$ because he doesnt care about playing 'smaller' tournaments, no wonder he's on a downswing when he torches a couple k per week in those

I really really wish there was a diehard Lex fan who would bet me. Its not a downswing, its really not... hes not running bad. and this whole thing will get worse and worse . He really is just a massive gambler and tries to runup stacks
"then try when its deep" and he cant play postflop to save his life.
I only trash him because he trashes chat all the time, then borderline scams people into making horrble investments. He is in denial, he is like hellmuth, just like him. He even said recently he isnt gonna change anything hes doing, he referenced the topic he thinks he does nothing wrong.

Makes me wonder about what bencb reallly is talking to him about in private
WhatsUpGuys is online now   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online
PokerStaples2493
Epiphany771379
MattStaples781
fisHC0p529
runitup247372
nolimit_gg323
PMUTV278
Liay5270
JohnnyCryptoN247
xflixx242
minthon19224
TheRealKnossi203
TheGamblingCabin190
넷마블재땁186
SLmFreeman180
zakytcom158
IanSimpsonPoker148
babyshark4103
nikkymouse97
넷마블짜리엄마82
VanessaKade73
pokerisivut66
pantau7764
DWstevie64
scrimitzu59