Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

mang0

Viewing:1080

Lex Veldhuis

ludwig

Viewing:728

Lex Veldhuis

ALLinPav

Viewing:650

Lex Veldhuis

AndyMilonakis

Viewing:629

Lex Veldhuis

LiveattheBike

Viewing:527

Lex Veldhuis

runitup247

Viewing:516

Lex Veldhuis

thirstlounge

Viewing:222

Lex Veldhuis

Twitch - Watch and Discuss Live Online Poker Watch streaming online poker play powered by TwitchTV right here on the 2+2 Forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2019, 06:25 PM   #351
loneranger99
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 36
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Winning the warm-up when 16K people are watching over your shoulder, respect!
ROFL at all the micro stakes haters in this thread
FY <3

GG Lex
loneranger99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:43 AM   #352
GrandPlaza
stranger
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 7
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by loneranger99 View Post
Winning the warm-up when 16K people are watching over your shoulder, respect!
ROFL at all the micro stakes haters in this thread
FY <3

GG Lex
Won almost 30k yesterday. He is crushing in 2019
GrandPlaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:15 PM   #353
loneranger99
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 36
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPlaza View Post
Won almost 30k yesterday. He is crushing in 2019

Where are all those haters?
loneranger99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 06:47 PM   #354
SpinMeRightRound
old hand
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,670
Re: Lex Veldhuis

One tournament win doesn't change anything. You need to judge results over a much larger sample size. And the facts are clear - when we view the larger sample size, he is a clear losing player.

Obviously he more than covers these losses with his twitch stream revenue + pokerstars sponsorship, so I'm sure he does well for himself overall. But the fact remains he does not beat the stakes he plays.
SpinMeRightRound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 02:29 AM   #355
magking1
adept
 
magking1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,143
Re: Lex Veldhuis

A person doesnt have to hate Lex to recognize that he is a losing player.
Im happy for him and hopefully his streams will continue to be fun for a longer time with the influx of cash.

Even with those 2 big scores im not sure that he is a favorite to end the
year in profit.
magking1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 09:16 AM   #356
b1ochemical
old hand
 
b1ochemical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Montecito
Posts: 1,220
Re: Lex Veldhuis

He plays a lot lower nowadays fwiw and i think he beats those stakes. Mostly under 100 bucks tournies and as long as he keeps it that way, i think he'll definitely end up in green.
b1ochemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:00 PM   #357
Michael Buble
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 306
Re: Lex Veldhuis

^^ Indeed. His current daily buyins are about the same as what he used to spend on the BB High Roller alone.
Michael Buble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 10:46 PM   #358
PaulyJames200x
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2,509
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Wasn't lex a while back primarily a cash game play? I recalled this a long time ago. Didn't he multitable like mostly 2/4 and 3/6 and some 5/10nl all the way back then? By this i meant like before BF.


Is there a reason he doesn't play cash games now? I assume he probably wouldn't be a winner at 200nl now and that is why he mostly plays mtt?


Also im curious but do most agree he is not a winning player? When i watch his youtube videos of him doing stream, he doesn't seem like he knows exactly what is the right play.
PaulyJames200x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 11:49 PM   #359
SpinMeRightRound
old hand
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,670
Re: Lex Veldhuis

yeah, he was a cash game player pre-bf, made supernova elite. games passed him by and he switched to tournaments. he barely even beats low stakes tournaments. definitely -ev in the higher buy ins. as for cash, i'm guessing he wouldn't be able to beat even 100nl now.

this is what happens when you don't study and work on your game. the game has got much tougher over the years and most pros from 8-10 years ago weren't able to keep up.
SpinMeRightRound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 03:41 AM   #360
PloEr
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 40
Re: Lex Veldhuis

No, he switched from NL to PLO long time ago. There never was a transition from NL cash to tournaments. Eventually he was a PLOz500 reg and did pretty good at that stake. Then he decided to start his Twitch stream and with that decision he also started playing tournaments because he thinks tournys are a better format to stream than cash.

Has nothing to do with "the game passing him by".
PloEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 06:02 AM   #361
KossuKukkula
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,120
Re: Lex Veldhuis

When he first started to stream he mentioned that stars asked him to stream low stakes mtts.
KossuKukkula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 12:06 AM   #362
xLAGERTHAx
grinder
 
xLAGERTHAx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 472
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by PloEr View Post
Then he decided to start his Twitch stream and with that decision he also started playing tournaments because he thinks tournys are a better format to stream than cash.

Has nothing to do with "the game passing him by".
Your close to being correct.

He actually talked about this very subject on stream today and the reason he Streams MTT's and not cash is - Quote: "Because that's what the majority of my viewers wan't to see. If the majority wanted to see me stream cash games, I would play and stream cash games".
xLAGERTHAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 01:25 PM   #363
ziggyzaooo
old hand
 
ziggyzaooo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,906
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Was on his stream the other day, whole table had the «*good reg*» tag on, i was the only one with the «*fun player*» tag
ziggyzaooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 05:01 AM   #364
zaskinen
newbie
 
zaskinen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Portugal
Posts: 44
Re: Lex Veldhuis

hahaha cant believe this thread is full of beginners crying too just like in the jaime thread.

guys/girls at some point in the run of life you gotta realize only reason the other people are seen to be behind you is because they are winning you by a full round. this probably wont make sense to many of you since you aint that bright get a life
zaskinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 06:51 AM   #365
Kamikam
veteran
 
Kamikam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The land of Roger & Stan
Posts: 2,737
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaskinen View Post
hahaha cant believe this thread is full of beginners crying too just like in the jaime thread.

guys/girls at some point in the run of life you gotta realize only reason the other people are seen to be behind you is because they are winning you by a full round. this probably wont make sense to many of you since you aint that bright get a life
Really ?

Seems reasonable enough to me to state that he doesn't do well at the highest stakes, that he's mostly a preflop player, that he hides his results to maintain his cred' to get viewers and people buying parts of him (which is morally dubious btw). He's obviously not busto though, PS money and stream money is good money. Let's just not pretend he's a MTT beast is all.

If you disagree with that you can feel free to enlighten us.
Kamikam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 07:09 AM   #366
zaskinen
newbie
 
zaskinen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Portugal
Posts: 44
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulyJames200x View Post
Wasn't lex a while back primarily a cash game play? I recalled this a long time ago. Didn't he multitable like mostly 2/4 and 3/6 and some 5/10nl all the way back then? By this i meant like before BF.


Is there a reason he doesn't play cash games now? I assume he probably wouldn't be a winner at 200nl now and that is why he mostly plays mtt?


Also im curious but do most agree he is not a winning player? When i watch his youtube videos of him doing stream, he doesn't seem like he knows exactly what is the right play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikam View Post
Really ?

Seems reasonable enough to me to state that he doesn't do well at the highest stakes, that he's mostly a preflop player, that he hides his results to maintain his cred' to get viewers and people buying parts of him (which is morally dubious btw). He's obviously not busto though, PS money and stream money is good money. Let's just not pretend he's a MTT beast is all.

If you disagree with that you can feel free to enlighten us.
zaskinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 07:28 AM   #367
Kamikam
veteran
 
Kamikam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The land of Roger & Stan
Posts: 2,737
Re: Lex Veldhuis

You seem to have real difficulties when it comes to make your point. "lol u cryin", "u ain't bright ", "get a life" and bad 2010 memes aren't making you come off that well. It's not helping your point either.

Yes, Lex used to be a good CG player. Once uppon a time. Not sure how new you are, but the games got so much harder over the last decade. And "CG back then" has nothing to do with the fact that these days he pretty much refuses to take the play postflop when playing MTTs (even deepstacked). That doesn't change the fact that he's hiding his results either.

I stand by what I said: he's not making a living playing poker, he's making a (probably good) living rep'ing PS and streaming. To achieve that, he needs to pretend he does a lot better than he really does, though.

Not sure why you're so emotionally invested when it comes to Lex. He's not exactly the first person making a buck streaming and pretending he's something he's not really. But it's only fair for me to be real about it.

Last edited by Kamikam; 02-21-2019 at 07:34 AM.
Kamikam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 07:48 AM   #368
zaskinen
newbie
 
zaskinen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Portugal
Posts: 44
Re: Lex Veldhuis

i dont care about lex, i come by these forums few times a year to see whats happening and just gotta say to you:
there are people in life how try to work themselves to go higher and then there are people that try to push others lower so that they would feel to be higher. guess which one are you and which one is lex
zaskinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 07:57 AM   #369
Kamikam
veteran
 
Kamikam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The land of Roger & Stan
Posts: 2,737
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Wow, you're dense. I wouldn't even know where to start so I'll leave it at that.
Kamikam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 08:12 AM   #370
KossuKukkula
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,120
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Doesn't care about Lex.
Reads a thread with 363 posts about Lex.
Yeah the ignore feature is very very nice feature here.
KossuKukkula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 02:08 PM   #371
DrBadBeat
enthusiast
 
DrBadBeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Value Town
Posts: 56
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyzaooo View Post
Was on his stream the other day, whole table had the «*good reg*» tag on, i was the only one with the «*fun player*» tag
Ouch
DrBadBeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 09:39 AM   #372
GrandPlaza
stranger
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 7
Re: Lex Veldhuis

https://www.pokerstars.com/en/blog/2...p-179566.shtml

The next step: Announcing the Lex Live Spring Festival in Namur, March 27-31
Martin Harris | @hardboiledpoker | 6 days ago In News
Those who get their start playing poker online often talk about the transition to playing live. It's kind of a natural step to take, with the online game often serving as a great introduction before jumping into the live arena.

Those who are part of the growing community enjoying Lex Veldhuis' Twitch channel are about to get a similar opportunity. After watching Lex online for the last few years, they'll soon be able to take part in a new live tournament series hosted by Veldhuis, the appropriately-named Lex Live Spring Festival at the Grand Casino de Namur in Belgium from March 27-31.

Read more at the link.
GrandPlaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 09:40 AM   #373
GrandPlaza
stranger
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 7
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Schedule:

https://cmsassets.rationalcdn.com/bl...veschedule.jpg
GrandPlaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 07:12 PM   #374
WhatsUpGuys
banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 455
Re: Lex Veldhuis

The best line this Sunday stream was" wow i might be actually having a losing month this month with those big wins!"

Another funny quote"i hate when people say im tilting when im not!!!"(always said while he is 3bet jamming 40 big blinds over and over)Also re entering tourneys max times and with like 8 big blinds too at that.

So pathetic and sad to hear people say they learn from him, learn what? he is a degenerate and a gambler, he cant play postflop to save his life, and enters at late blind stages over and over. He doesnt recognise where his skill level is, he plays tired and tilted. Hes the worst poker role model you can have LOL
WhatsUpGuys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 07:21 PM   #375
WhatsUpGuys
banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 455
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyzaooo View Post
Was on his stream the other day, whole table had the «*good reg*» tag on, i was the only one with the «*fun player*» tag
You should take that as a compliment, for real
WhatsUpGuys is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online
mang01080
ludwig728
ALLinPav650
AndyMilonakis629
LiveattheBike527
runitup247516
thirstlounge222
LoncarPoker139
amkarovectv96
slimeIRL68
chillindude64
AArribAA61
TABLECAPTAINN59
PokerNightTV58
thegoldenblazer51
HugS8644
CrazySixes35
angeles8933
GodsBigToe28
ZebraOrange26
s2jfalcon24
StarPokerAU22
PokerStaples24717
TaFoKiNtS15
jjcorrado14