Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

runitup247

Viewing:1569

Lex Veldhuis

gantver1

Viewing:388

Lex Veldhuis

courtiebee

Viewing:267

Lex Veldhuis

Winamax

Viewing:164

Lex Veldhuis

DramaticDegen

Viewing:147

Lex Veldhuis

angelus_esport

Viewing:142

Lex Veldhuis

ArlieShaban

Viewing:107

Lex Veldhuis

Twitch - Watch and Discuss Live Online Poker Watch streaming online poker play powered by TwitchTV right here on the 2+2 Forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2018, 01:03 AM   #326
1hitwonder
centurion
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 138
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Yes, he seemed very distraught. Makes me glad I gave up poker.
1hitwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 10:11 AM   #327
7OAD
grinder
 
7OAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 409
Re: Lex Veldhuis

He just has a bad attitude, I don't get how you can have such an easy job with so much support from so many people and continually cry and whine.

He needs a reality check, even with his bad down swing this year, I bet he is still making a good amount of money from Stars, RaiseYourEdge, Twitch donos, merch and youtube ads, yet he's acting as if this is an unheard of downswing or he is somehow terribly unlucky.

Ben should talk some sense into him.
7OAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 04:02 PM   #328
getmeoffcompletely
old hand
 
getmeoffcompletely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,260
Re: Lex Veldhuis

The luckiest people are generally also the ones who moan about bad luck the most.
getmeoffcompletely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:44 AM   #329
Wheel
newbie
 
Wheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 25
Re: Lex Veldhuis

I love to watch poker on twitch But somehow never watched His stream. I asked him About raise your edge and Why he complains so much. I also mentioned This topic and he got pissed. Asked him how much rakeback from Stars and he Sad with a zout face zero. Got banned. Last time he claimed to play all highrollers unbacked, But the 40k anniversary wsop he was staked by Bart Spijkers. Guy needs a reality Check and stop the arrogant behauvior. Dont Really get the hype!
Wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 07:42 AM   #330
k0nsument
stranger
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 3
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsUpGuys View Post
lol did anyone else see that 1k mtt ft bubkle mental breakdown? God, i dont wish physical harm on nobody but he needs to quit poker or hes going to have another heart problem.
This seems pretty unfair. Yes, he was crushed after that hand. But didn't loose his mind or anything, like I expected him to after your comment. The guy was just sad. Like he should have been.

I've seen him struggle to keep his emotions in check more than once. But he is always trying really hard to improve, which deserves a little more recognition imo. Not everyone is blessed with a Spraggy mindset.

I guess being a successful "public figure" always comes with a certain level of hate and I don't like everything Lex does as well. Like the way he interacts with Chad seems pretty rude sometimes. Poker wise I don't always agree with his decisions either, but he is without a doubt a much better player than me so there are still things to learn and ideas to consider when he shares his thoughts.

At the end of the day he is running a successful business, because he provides the best poker related content on the net, with the required marketing behind it. When people do decide to contribute he always shows a lot of gratitude, regardless of the amount. But I've never seen him hard selling his products.

I think Lex is a genuinely good person, maybe not always easy to handle but his heart is in the right place. Cut him some slack.
k0nsument is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 08:58 PM   #331
SpinMeRightRound
old hand
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,300
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0nsument View Post
This seems pretty unfair. Yes, he was crushed after that hand. But didn't loose his mind or anything, like I expected him to after your comment. The guy was just sad. Like he should have been.

I've seen him struggle to keep his emotions in check more than once. But he is always trying really hard to improve, which deserves a little more recognition imo. Not everyone is blessed with a Spraggy mindset.

I guess being a successful "public figure" always comes with a certain level of hate and I don't like everything Lex does as well. Like the way he interacts with Chad seems pretty rude sometimes. Poker wise I don't always agree with his decisions either, but he is without a doubt a much better player than me so there are still things to learn and ideas to consider when he shares his thoughts.

At the end of the day he is running a successful business, because he provides the best poker related content on the net, with the required marketing behind it. When people do decide to contribute he always shows a lot of gratitude, regardless of the amount. But I've never seen him hard selling his products.

I think Lex is a genuinely good person, maybe not always easy to handle but his heart is in the right place. Cut him some slack.
Hi Lex
SpinMeRightRound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:24 PM   #332
WhatsUpGuys
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 361
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0nsument View Post
This seems pretty unfair. Yes, he was crushed after that hand. But didn't loose his mind or anything, like I expected him to after your comment. The guy was just sad. Like he should have been.

I've seen him struggle to keep his emotions in check more than once. But he is always trying really hard to improve, which deserves a little more recognition imo. Not everyone is blessed with a Spraggy mindset.

I guess being a successful "public figure" always comes with a certain level of hate and I don't like everything Lex does as well. Like the way he interacts with Chad seems pretty rude sometimes. Poker wise I don't always agree with his decisions either, but he is without a doubt a much better player than me so there are still things to learn and ideas to consider when he shares his thoughts.

At the end of the day he is running a successful business, because he provides the best poker related content on the net, with the required marketing behind it. When people do decide to contribute he always shows a lot of gratitude, regardless of the amount. But I've never seen him hard selling his products.

I think Lex is a genuinely good person, maybe not always easy to handle but his heart is in the right place. Cut him some slack.
;

Whats so unfair about it? It was the truth. You know what i think is unfair? Lex banning numerous chat members when they question a play he makes. Lex banning people who tell him to calm down. Lex marking people as fish, when they are better than him lol.

Yes he was sad, but he was last place in chips the entire time from 5 tables to go , it was a massive longshot and if he had won a few doublesup it woulda been sheer luck. He was abut to cry and sweating and wouldnt shutup for 20 minutes. He's not a pro hes a crybaby. He is out of touch with reality and plays push/fold poker. He deserves to lose becausehe keeps regging tourneys at last minute and re entering 3 times over and over, just hopingto get lucky and run up a stack cuz he cant play postflop then plays allin or fold over and over.

You thinki hes unlucky. but you wont even remember the major times he got lucky. What about that mtt where he was 8 handed and shoved k3 into KK, and flopped 33 on the flop? he ended up getting 2nd for over 10grand. Nice 10 thousand dollar suckout there, or what about the time he won the thrilla? he won with AQ to AK allin pre and 10s to QQ before the FT even wentoff. Thats another 40k+ his way. Same for that plo mtt he won 40k in.... the list goes on and on. You are brainwashed . You know what else is also lucky? Being abe to stream and make over 500 thousand dollars and have the biggest stream on twitch, while losing 200k playing poker. Thats LUCK but peiople like to watch trainwrecks and high poker games so they go to him.

Spraggy is smart, he is well aware of his skill level and stays there andmakes a little and streams and makes money off twitch streaming and stars sponsorship.

I think hes a good dude too, but too emotional and cant handle his ego. I bet you are better than him, or did you lose over 200 grand too? You shouldnt "learn " from him. nobody should
WhatsUpGuys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:23 AM   #333
k0nsument
stranger
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 3
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsUpGuys View Post
;
Whats so unfair about it? It was the truth. You know what i think is unfair? Lex banning numerous chat members when they question a play he makes. Lex banning people who tell him to calm down. Lex marking people as fish, when they are better than him lol.
Yea, his interactions with Chad are irritating sometimes. I'm not here to defend that. But I find the critique over it too personal and gloating, like people are glad they finally have a reason to hate on him. Disregarding the things that speak favorably to his personality.

I'm not critizing you personally by the way, but the prevalent tone in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsUpGuys View Post
;
Yes he was sad, but he was last place in chips the entire time from 5 tables to go , it was a massive longshot and if he had won a few doublesup it woulda been sheer luck. He was abut to cry and sweating and wouldnt shutup for 20 minutes. He's not a pro hes a crybaby. He is out of touch with reality and plays push/fold poker. He deserves to lose becausehe keeps regging tourneys at last minute and re entering 3 times over and over, just hopingto get lucky and run up a stack cuz he cant play postflop then plays allin or fold over and over.
We covered that he's emotional I think, but that doesn't automatically make him a bad poker player.

The man has access to some of the best players in the world, and he is obviously not an idiot, so how likely really is it that he sucks? As I mentioned, I think some of his decisions are surprising but I'm not the one to judge high stakes tournaments. Or the people who coach him. (BenCB?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsUpGuys View Post
;
You thinki hes unlucky. but you wont even remember the major times he got lucky. What about that mtt where he was 8 handed and shoved k3 into KK, and flopped 33 on the flop? he ended up getting 2nd for over 10grand. Nice 10 thousand dollar suckout there, or what about the time he won the thrilla? he won with AQ to AK allin pre and 10s to QQ before the FT even wentoff. Thats another 40k+ his way. Same for that plo mtt he won 40k in.... the list goes on and on. You are brainwashed . You know what else is also lucky? Being abe to stream and make over 500 thousand dollars and have the biggest stream on twitch, while losing 200k playing poker. Thats LUCK but peiople like to watch trainwrecks and high poker games so they go to him.
I'm not saying he is unlucky at all, to be honest I don't watch him more than a couple of hours once or twice a week so I really don't know how exactly he is running.

If he makes 500k from streaming then that is due to his talent to build an audience around a very professional product/service. He is good at his job, I don't see how you can blame him for that as long as he is not hurting anyone. Which I don't think he does, as I explained in the post before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsUpGuys View Post
;
Spraggy is smart.
Yea, seems like the guy walks on water emotionally. Fintan as well. Must be an island thing. Great to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsUpGuys View Post
;
I think hes a good dude too, but too emotional and cant handle his ego. I bet you are better than him, or did you lose over 200 grand too? You shouldnt "learn " from him. nobody should
I think he can handle his ego, at least he is self aware enough to realize and work on his shortcomings, and he does so in a very open manner. Not a lot of people could do that. So in that regard, I think we can all learn a lot from Lex.

That was kind of the whole point why I made the first post, I don't think this man deserves all the hatred he is getting. Critique is fine, but it should never be one sided and so personal.
k0nsument is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:15 PM   #334
Nobel1
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 619
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0nsument View Post
Yea, his interactions with Chad ...
Who is this Chad, sounds like he is an awful person.
Nobel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 03:24 AM   #335
PloEr
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 19
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobel1 View Post
Who is this Chad, sounds like he is an awful person.
Chad is a very good, winning professional poker player
PloEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:52 AM   #336
k0nsument
stranger
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 3
Re: Lex Veldhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by PloEr View Post
Chad is a very good, winning professional poker player
k0nsument is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online
PokerStars2740
runitup2471569
gantver1388
courtiebee267
Winamax164
DramaticDegen147
angelus_esport142
ArlieShaban107
Verginiab99
PMUTV99
fockerkid82
svetarik78
PhantomPokerTV75
Brokenstars66661
Espessote45
Fenomenico43
ChatRevoked41
PokerAcademie41
johnnyforpleasure39
PokerStarsSchool_Italia38
BetOnDrew38
QuickQuestionNow36
넷마블미사일님33
JMMaga31
kretyna2823