Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

pantau77

Viewing:1081

Jason Somerville streaming Poker on Twitch and currently over 9500 viewers!

WinamaxPoker

Viewing:594

Jason Somerville streaming Poker on Twitch and currently over 9500 viewers!

Zapahzamazki

Viewing:501

Jason Somerville streaming Poker on Twitch and currently over 9500 viewers!

bparispoker

Viewing:444

Jason Somerville streaming Poker on Twitch and currently over 9500 viewers!

santazzzua

Viewing:211

Jason Somerville streaming Poker on Twitch and currently over 9500 viewers!

CashGameFestival

Viewing:207

Jason Somerville streaming Poker on Twitch and currently over 9500 viewers!

TalonChick

Viewing:183

Jason Somerville streaming Poker on Twitch and currently over 9500 viewers!

Twitch - Watch and Discuss Live Online Poker Watch streaming online poker play powered by TwitchTV right here on the 2+2 Forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2015, 04:43 PM   #251
restorativejustice
veteran
 
restorativejustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2,560
Re: Jason Somerville streaming Poker on Twitch and currently over 9500 viewers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by however View Post
watch the stream for a little bit. tell me with a straight face you think he is good at poker.
Read your posts for a little bit. Tell me with a straight face you think you are good at poker.
restorativejustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 04:52 PM   #252
however
banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 350
Re: Jason Somerville streaming Poker on Twitch and currently over 9500 viewers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by restorativejustice View Post
Read your posts for a little bit. Tell me with a straight face you think you are good at poker.
I think I'm.. **** I can't do it
however is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 04:56 PM   #253
au4all
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,816
Re: Jason Somerville streaming Poker on Twitch and currently over 9500 viewers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by restorativejustice View Post
Read your posts for a little bit. Tell me with a straight face you think you are good at poker.
Jason is a semi-retired 27 year old poker hobbyist enjoying himself streaming to 1000s. If some of those 1000s think they're a better player than Jason, I'm absolutely positive that Jason doesn't care and doesn't need you sticking up for him.

Last edited by au4all; 04-14-2015 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Use the ignorelist for trolls.
au4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 04:57 PM   #254
however
banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 350
Re: Jason Somerville streaming Poker on Twitch and currently over 9500 viewers!

no one is saying he cares. where the **** did anyone say he cares. but some (read: me) think he is bad at poker... that's all
however is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 05:01 PM   #255
sam1chips
grinder
 
sam1chips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: A chip and a chair
Posts: 607
Re: Jason Somerville streaming Poker on Twitch and currently over 9500 viewers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by however View Post
no one is saying he cares. where the **** did anyone say he cares. but some (read: me) think he is bad at poker... that's all
This is my last post in this thread. (Or, at least the last response to you, however).

You may end up being better than Jason Somerville at poker. I look forward to you being able to prove it.

Good luck at the tables
sam1chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 05:12 PM   #256
however
banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 350
Re: Jason Somerville streaming Poker on Twitch and currently over 9500 viewers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam1chips View Post
This is my last post in this thread. (Or, at least the last response to you, however).

You may end up being better than Jason Somerville at poker. I look forward to you being able to prove it.

Good luck at the tables
thanks bro. gluck to you too no hard feelings n **** obviously. take care
however is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 05:20 PM   #257
FlippoManiacs
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
FlippoManiacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: ¯\(°_o)/¯
Posts: 6,234
Re: Jason Somerville streaming Poker on Twitch and currently over 9500 viewers!

however should cash in a couple of thousand and play carver HU imo this is the only way this could become any more entertaining
FlippoManiacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 05:39 PM   #258
however
banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 350
Re: Jason Somerville streaming Poker on Twitch and currently over 9500 viewers!

man I would love to play carver HU. I'd risk my entire bankroll lol
however is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 08:02 PM   #259
POCKET ROCKETS OOO
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,362
Re: Jason Somerville streaming Poker on Twitch and currently over 9500 viewers!

He admittedly knows he's not good at 5 card PLO and mixed games yet seems to do pretty well. Hell, I think he's up 35k or so since streaming on stars. The guy hasn't been an online grinder for a few years but live he's a solid player.

No ones saying he's the best but as far as streamers go I have yet to find someone who keeps me entertained as long as he does. Prob the best thing to happen to the game in the last few years.

Keep doing your thing Jason.
POCKET ROCKETS OOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 04:14 AM   #260
pedatn
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 185
Re: Jason Somerville streaming Poker on Twitch and currently over 9500 viewers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by however View Post
man I would love to play carver HU. I'd risk my entire bankroll lol
Quoted for posterity.
pedatn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 01:09 PM   #261
however
banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 350
Re: Jason Somerville streaming Poker on Twitch and currently over 9500 viewers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedatn View Post
Quoted for posterity.
thank you
however is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 03:54 PM   #262
sam1chips
grinder
 
sam1chips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: A chip and a chair
Posts: 607
Re: Jason Somerville streaming Poker on Twitch and currently over 9500 viewers!

Jcarver has a $3k stack again at $2/$4 5card PLO...pretty sick
sam1chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 04:07 PM   #263
however
banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 350
Re: Jason Somerville streaming Poker on Twitch and currently over 9500 viewers!

I'm not watching today, but I had a friend just text me saying "jcarver just checked down quads in 5cPLO bc worried about str8 flush lol" is that true?

how did he get 3k again damn that's sick
however is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 04:13 PM   #264
PinkFreud
newbie
 
PinkFreud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 37
Re: Jason Somerville streaming Poker on Twitch and currently over 9500 viewers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by however View Post
I'm not watching today, but I had a friend just text me saying "jcarver just checked down quads in 5cPLO bc worried about str8 flush lol" is that true?

how did he get 3k again damn that's sick
No.

What he said was 'the only hand beating me here is a straight flush but obviously I'm not worried about that. Going to try and check/raise him here on the river'

Your friend is clearly as good at interpreting words as you are poker.
PinkFreud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 04:15 PM   #265
LTU Westham
adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 941
Re: Jason Somerville streaming Poker on Twitch and currently over 9500 viewers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by however View Post
I'm not watching today, but I had a friend just text me saying "jcarver just checked down quads in 5cPLO bc worried about str8 flush lol" is that true?

how did he get 3k again damn that's sick
Your friend should learn to listen. Jcarver said he checks to raise AI. He only mentioned that he didn't have the nuts because of 10sQs possibility.
LTU Westham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 04:31 PM   #266
however
banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 350
Re: Jason Somerville streaming Poker on Twitch and currently over 9500 viewers!

haha okay. texted friend back with screenshot here and he replied "Oh idk I thought I heard him say if he were good enough he would check/call the river"
however is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 04:42 PM   #267
skJacob
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 363
Re: Jason Somerville streaming Poker on Twitch and currently over 9500 viewers!

just stop posting kid
skJacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 04:48 PM   #268
restorativejustice
veteran
 
restorativejustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2,560
Re: Jason Somerville streaming Poker on Twitch and currently over 9500 viewers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skJacob View Post
just stop posting kid
Why? He said he has been playing for "two months" which, as you know, is about all the time a new player needs to learn it all if he applies himself just a bit. Clearly, he is as informed and skilled in the game as everyone else posting. Keep going kid and bring along some friends.
restorativejustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 05:10 PM   #269
however
banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 350
Re: Jason Somerville streaming Poker on Twitch and currently over 9500 viewers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by restorativejustice View Post
Why? He said he has been playing for "two months" which, as you know, is about all the time a new player needs to learn it all if he applies himself just a bit. Clearly, he is as informed and skilled in the game as everyone else posting. Keep going kid and bring along some friends.
thanks! sounds good
however is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 05:12 PM   #270
however
banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 350
Re: Jason Somerville streaming Poker on Twitch and currently over 9500 viewers!

maybe I can even teach jcarver how to value bet quads!
however is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 05:22 PM   #271
luigidelmare
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 36
Re: Jason Somerville streaming Poker on Twitch and currently over 9500 viewers!

Jason produces a great stream. Congrats!
luigidelmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 05:24 PM   #272
sam1chips
grinder
 
sam1chips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: A chip and a chair
Posts: 607
Re: Jason Somerville streaming Poker on Twitch and currently over 9500 viewers!

Interesting, semi-relevant hand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsTDeuE5T3A

Lesson: Sometimes it is better to check raise the (near) nuts on the river, as opposed to betting, as you may get more chips that way.
sam1chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 08:00 AM   #273
Artichokes
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 35
Re: Jason Somerville streaming Poker on Twitch and currently over 9500 viewers!

Jason isn't bad at Poker BUT he encourages bad players to deposit and continue playing poorly. Jason never talks serious strat which is great. He doesn't teach anything about ranges, combos, game theory, tilt control, etc. that would really benefit fish. The few concepts he does teach are likely to be severely misapplied. Think about how many casual gamers are going to deposit on Stars after watching Jason and start calling 4bets OOP with AQo because "lol pot odds". Jason's stream has the underlying message of "Poker is easy and fun and you can also win tens of thousands like me if you play!" which is absolutely terrific for attracting new players to the game. Don't see how anyone can reasonably hate on Jason.
Artichokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:01 AM   #274
luckofficial
adept
 
luckofficial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Anarchyland Posts: 999,999
Posts: 1,090
Re: Jason Somerville streaming Poker on Twitch and currently over 9500 viewers!

I believe he is now the biggest asset for pokerstars (even bigger than negreanu). He plays everyday with open cards, talks about poker n life n makes everything looks really chill

He is like "look it's easy, im up 20 xbox games for the day".

Jason you better find a good manager and ask for a seven digit contract with PS if thats not the case already
luckofficial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:07 AM   #275
sam1chips
grinder
 
sam1chips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: A chip and a chair
Posts: 607
Re: Jason Somerville streaming Poker on Twitch and currently over 9500 viewers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artichokes View Post
Jason isn't bad at Poker BUT he encourages bad players to deposit and continue playing poorly. Jason never talks serious strat which is great. He doesn't teach anything about ranges, combos, game theory, tilt control, etc. that would really benefit fish. The few concepts he does teach are likely to be severely misapplied. Think about how many casual gamers are going to deposit on Stars after watching Jason and start calling 4bets OOP with AQo because "lol pot odds". Jason's stream has the underlying message of "Poker is easy and fun and you can also win tens of thousands like me if you play!" which is absolutely terrific for attracting new players to the game. Don't see how anyone can reasonably hate on Jason.
I disagree with your opinion on him not teaching tilt control or hand ranges. I feel like his whole stream is one big lesson of tilt control. Every time he busts a tourney he says " okay well not much we could've done there" etx etc. I also believe that he does touch on hand ranges, just not as formally as someone like Galfond.

I also disagree with "he encourages bad players to deposit and continue playing poorly."...I would say that he encourages new players to sign up, and the new players inherently play poorly."

But I agree with everything else. Very entertaining stream, and attracting new players to poker
sam1chips is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online
PokerStars2785
pantau771081
PokerStaples989
WinamaxPoker594
Zapahzamazki501
bparispoker444
santazzzua211
CashGameFestival207
TalonChick183
poker4uu182
isildur1se138
PokerGroundTV123
ricoy23112
PURPLEPILS9995
swan487
DramaticDegen76
lapaire92163
PokerNightTV56
Bandecdc56
amkarovecPerm51
bababooey7549
lAquariumTV41
DehiPoker39
Karlencho34
Tayguera25