Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

bparispoker

Viewing:968

Jaime Staples

YoH_ViraL

Viewing:687

Jaime Staples

UnibetPoker

Viewing:531

Jaime Staples

poker4uu

Viewing:235

Jaime Staples

IncubusTV

Viewing:196

Jaime Staples

turbokings

Viewing:124

Jaime Staples

Karlencho

Viewing:121

Jaime Staples

Twitch - Watch and Discuss Live Online Poker Watch streaming online poker play powered by TwitchTV right here on the 2+2 Forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2016, 03:44 PM   #401
ThatsMySpot
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 145
re: Jaime Staples

BaseMetal, great analysis. Thanks!

I think is a cooler, not a misplay. Really stupid spot imo.
ThatsMySpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 06:25 AM   #402
Scroobius
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 190
Red face re: Jaime Staples

For the hordes of you out there who have missed Jaime speaking about.. Jaime.



Top comment:

Quote:
Get yourself a prostitute asap
Scroobius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 12:55 PM   #403
8gameisfun
centurion
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 132
re: Jaime Staples

Well, he's a dreamer alright.
8gameisfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 04:03 PM   #404
luckynuts444
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 275
re: Jaime Staples

Lol these videos are getting pathetic... Lol my god he's such a tool. You would think he's dedicating his life to cure a disease or something. Very immature.. Grow up staples and act like a man
luckynuts444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 01:36 AM   #405
Adjusted
grinder
 
Adjusted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: A racist and a bigot.
Posts: 479
re: Jaime Staples

This "dreamers unite" line is cringe-worthy and disingenuous. He's not trying to unite anyone. He's appearing to be altruistic but he's only interested in himself, in improving his brand.
Adjusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 03:53 AM   #406
YaBoyINthe604
adept
 
YaBoyINthe604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 713
re: Jaime Staples

"grown man child" whining on a vlog because he busted out of a tournament on the 4th hand of a tournament with pocket JJ's, FFS Jaime you've been flying all over with a Stars sponsorship playing poker, stop crying every 3 months about your goals that you are failing to achieve you arn't even willing to seriously take the 1st step on any of them lol

if everything you've been dreaming about is small then you have no chance at succeeding at any of your big dreams you have shown barely any effort on achieving your small time goals, i'd say take a vacation but you've been on a vacation in San Diego, Malta & now New Jersey anyways Dreamers Unite!!
YaBoyINthe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 08:03 AM   #407
botsonparty
banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 554
re: Jaime Staples

The interesting part of his vlogs is that he is documenting a very analogical situation to the easiness of online poker 10+ yrs ago

Jamie got in when twitch was easy and made all the wrong moves and still keeps making the worst moves over and over and will end up flipping burgers like some guys that could of made millions back then and are now serving fries.

When you look at that angle, it's very entertaining and non cringy
botsonparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 11:32 AM   #408
AuroraCee
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 348
re: Jaime Staples

Quote:
Originally Posted by botsonparty View Post
The interesting part of his vlogs is that he is documenting a very analogical situation to the easiness of online poker 10+ yrs ago

Jamie got in when twitch was easy and made all the wrong moves and still keeps making the worst moves over and over and will end up flipping burgers like some guys that could of made millions back then and are now serving fries.

When you look at that angle, it's very entertaining and non cringy
+1 !...... Is he still punting his stars sponsorship $$$$$ on content creation that garners a few k views from his view minions ?
AuroraCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 05:31 PM   #409
Sect7G
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calling a spade a spade
Posts: 10,482
re: Jaime Staples

I don't follow anyone on Twitch but I stumbled on this thread and after watching the video posted above I feel I have some good advice for young Jamie.

I knew from day1 that his ambition was to become a Stars pro and he admits it now... but at the time if he had said please watch me so I can become a sponsored player off of your viewing backs he likely would have fallen on his face. As the world is full of drama queens and self absorbed people that want to get rich off of others.

In many ways he's a lot like Dnegs... but his fundamental problem is he doesn't have ability as a player whereas Dnegs does. Therefore he's a dime a dozen and could be replaced tomorrow by some 18 year old girl with a nice rack who is willing to talk to people all day.
When he talks about great achievers of this world he's forgetting the most important thing... they had ability. Jaime doesn't as a player. Now maybe he can parlay this thing of his and become some shyster preacher to collect funds... but as for poker he's a dime a dozen and should be eternally grateful that he's been given what he has by Pstars and ultimately the people that tune in to watch him. I don't hear much gratitude... I hear him moaning that he should be better off than where he is... but without ability how is that going to happen?
The problem with being a dime a dozen when you want to be unique is that you are a dime a dozen.
Sect7G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 05:38 PM   #410
shrewsbury91
adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: MA-CT
Posts: 772
re: Jaime Staples

Does anymore know when his PS contract is up? I'll wager his odds of being re-signed are in the single digits...
shrewsbury91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 05:50 PM   #411
KossuKukkula
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,440
re: Jaime Staples

Zero chance ps doesn't sign him. They are allready giving out stakes to gamers and stapler has a decent group of followers.

These few vlogs I have watched are quite sad. Big dramaqueen begging for sympathy instead of actually for once doing something to make his life better in health and pokerwise.
KossuKukkula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 06:08 PM   #412
botsonparty
banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 554
re: Jaime Staples

Quote:
Originally Posted by KossuKukkula View Post
Zero chance ps doesn't sign him. They are allready giving out stakes to gamers and stapler has a decent group of followers.

These few vlogs I have watched are quite sad. Big dramaqueen begging for sympathy instead of actually for once doing something to make his life better in health and pokerwise.
Sad part is that he has it easy. If i hated my life i wouldnt mind taking his.

Id lose all the weight in a year(oor slower depending on how fast i fill it with muscle ), he has a decent face.

Have 8k+ a month for basically playing breakeven poker in a non stressful environement(mtts are relaxed if variance doesnt matter, low stacks and no great players). I think 8k is relatively conservative as he spends at least 1k on cigs and spends at least 2k on home food/toilet paper + you add takeout to that... add to that rent and his youtube videos.

Travelling around for free with chances to bink, **** yeah

Internet popularity, can easily branch out and with this popularity you can get access to juicy private live cash games and from there you can become a multi millionaire that can do pretty much anything. This part is the golden one. If he'd grind his contacts for a year he could be in 10k or 50k buyin private games with idiot fish that even the fish at 2nl would think that they are fish.
botsonparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 06:58 PM   #413
luckynuts444
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 275
re: Jaime Staples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sect7G View Post
I don't follow anyone on Twitch but I stumbled on this thread and after watching the video posted above I feel I have some good advice for young Jamie.

I knew from day1 that his ambition was to become a Stars pro and he admits it now... but at the time if he had said please watch me so I can become a sponsored player off of your viewing backs he likely would have fallen on his face. As the world is full of drama queens and self absorbed people that want to get rich off of others.

In many ways he's a lot like Dnegs... but his fundamental problem is he doesn't have ability as a player whereas Dnegs does. Therefore he's a dime a dozen and could be replaced tomorrow by some 18 year old girl with a nice rack who is willing to talk to people all day.
When he talks about great achievers of this world he's forgetting the most important thing... they had ability. Jaime doesn't as a player. Now maybe he can parlay this thing of his and become some shyster preacher to collect funds... but as for poker he's a dime a dozen and should be eternally grateful that he's been given what he has by Pstars and ultimately the people that tune in to watch him. I don't hear much gratitude... I hear him moaning that he should be better off than where he is... but without ability how is that going to happen?
The problem with being a dime a dozen when you want to be unique is that you are a dime a dozen.
This is spot on.. He's an overachiever if anything at all.. He should be grateful that he is in this position. Dime a dozen.. Truer words have never been spoken about staples.. Thousands and thousands of players are better then him.. I hope the guy goes broke and stars drops him. Just for acting like a self entitled ungrateful piece of crap.

He was very fortunate to start streaming at the right time... he should be able to recognize that.

Zero chance he gets dropped tho.. If they keep that ginger headed loser xflixx around no way staples is going anywhere..
luckynuts444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 09:51 PM   #414
thebestpokerplayer
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 22
re: Jaime Staples

Quote:
Originally Posted by botsonparty View Post
The interesting part of his vlogs is that he is documenting a very analogical situation to the easiness of online poker 10+ yrs ago

Jamie got in when twitch was easy and made all the wrong moves and still keeps making the worst moves over and over and will end up flipping burgers like some guys that could of made millions back then and are now serving fries.

When you look at that angle, it's very entertaining and non cringy
nah Jaimie's family is pretty loaded so he will never have to get a real job. plus I'm sure they love him to death so his bank account will never be empty. he's busto proof.
thebestpokerplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 10:07 AM   #415
ThatsMySpot
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 145
re: Jaime Staples

Quote:
Originally Posted by botsonparty View Post
Sad part is that he has it easy. If i hated my life i wouldnt mind taking his.
This pretty much is what this thread is about. 90% of "haters" are just jealous kids that think "why staples can live from this when I'm as good".
ThatsMySpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 10:32 AM   #416
KossuKukkula
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,440
re: Jaime Staples

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatsMySpot View Post
This pretty much is what this thread is about. 90% of "haters" are just jealous kids that think "why staples can live from this when I'm as good".
Again I just don't get this. Why would anyone be jealous of stapler? Obv he is in bad shape healthwise and that ammount of stress cant be good to anyone. Ok he is sponsored by stars so he can just punt away and occasionally gets to travel but that aint worth it imo. And not pointed to you directly but the only defence stapler fans can give these days is : oh oh you are so jealous such a hater.
KossuKukkula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 10:37 AM   #417
ohsnapzbrah
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,720
re: Jaime Staples

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatsMySpot View Post
This pretty much is what this thread is about. 90% of "haters" are just jealous kids that think "why staples can live from this when I'm as good".
This is partly true. But a lot of it is also that he has this opportunity....and he is literally squandering it in front of tens of thousands of fans. Many of the people in here believe that they would live their life differently than Staples if given this opportunity.

And do you blame them? Amateurs call it dreams. Amateurs talk about dreams. Achievers work towards their dreams and call them goals. If he wants to be the greatest, he has to stop talking about them as this hugely unachievable thing and start showing work and progress towards them.
ohsnapzbrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 11:19 AM   #418
botsonparty
banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 554
re: Jaime Staples

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsnapzbrah View Post
This is partly true. But a lot of it is also that he has this opportunity....and he is literally squandering it in front of tens of thousands of fans. Many of the people in here believe that they would live their life differently than Staples if given this opportunity.

And do you blame them? Amateurs call it dreams. Amateurs talk about dreams. Achievers work towards their dreams and call them goals. If he wants to be the greatest, he has to stop talking about them as this hugely unachievable thing and start showing work and progress towards them.
Wrong there as most people complaining about staples are professionals and staples himself is an amateur receiving the perks of a publicized professional
botsonparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 12:15 PM   #419
Cliffs?
grinder
 
Cliffs?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: leaning over.
Posts: 530
re: Jaime Staples

A few folks seem to have an unhealthy obsession with this thread.

Cliffs? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 12:35 PM   #420
KossuKukkula
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,440
re: Jaime Staples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffs? View Post
A few folks seem to have an unhealthy obsession with this thread.
And your point being mr thread police? In every thread there is a person w/ the most post. Aftrerall I find staplers journey kind of interesting and curious to see how it ends.

E and I can allways just ignore you. Why bother.
KossuKukkula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 12:58 PM   #421
zcbb
stranger
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1
re: Jaime Staples

I like Jaime but he does make himself a bit of a laughing stock when he makes vlogs talking about becoming really dedicated/hard working and becoming super successful like Steve Jobs when he can't even stick to a diet for more than a couple of days.. wish him the best but he's a talker not a doer.
zcbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 09:13 PM   #422
DC2LV
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Miami Beach
Posts: 2,062
re: Jaime Staples

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynuts444 View Post
Lol these videos are getting pathetic... Lol my god he's such a tool....
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynuts444 View Post
The amount of cringe i feel when watching that I could throw up
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynuts444 View Post
I hope the guy goes broke and stars drops him....
Wow. Why would anyone have such strong, negative feelings about an Internet personality whose only crime appears to be that he's overweight and not as good at poker as you think he should be. Jamie isn't duplicitous. He's not a thief. He isn't a child molester and he doesn't beat up women. So why are your posts in this thread so vitriolic?

I've been trying to figure it out on my own without much success. But then I came across someone who had the perfect answer. Someone who is much more familiar with you and the inner workings of your psyche. Accordingly, I will let him answer the questions I posed in my first paragraph:



Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynuts444 View Post
confirmed i'm an idiot...
DC2LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 08:51 AM   #423
JohnGalt123
stranger
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 11
re: Jaime Staples

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcbb View Post
I like Jaime but he does make himself a bit of a laughing stock when he makes vlogs talking about becoming really dedicated/hard working and becoming super successful like Steve Jobs when he can't even stick to a diet for more than a couple of days.. wish him the best but he's a talker not a doer.



Either has to bink a big one or grind it back up the hard way
JohnGalt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 10:30 AM   #424
botsonparty
banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 554
re: Jaime Staples

The earlier parts of that graph are different than the sharkscope i had. On sharkscope he had a decent upward trend untill he started streaming but in this one it seems as if he had always been a losing/breakeven player at the lower limits with a few lucky binks

Is this one more accurate than sharkscope or is that not including some tourneys?
botsonparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 10:49 AM   #425
DONTNHMEPLS
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Sweden
Posts: 137
re: Jaime Staples

The first 8-9k tournaments in graph are showing that he had an upward trend. Are we looking at the same graph?
DONTNHMEPLS is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online
bparispoker955
YoH_ViraL683
UnibetPoker528
poker4uu248
IncubusTV200
turbokings120
Karlencho116
POLORIS54108
WolfkindWoW91
courtiebee90
ArlieShaban64
VanessaKade62
kapustary50
Franciscooo8348
maumauFTW43
pokerisivut41
mikapaasonen40
PokerAcademie30
ROlein29
boubouchetv28
spr321625
Pokerzwiebel25
ShipDontDie23
yooshi29723
PokerStories23