Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Home Poker Discussions of home poker games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2017, 02:18 AM   #1
BuzzKill_McGee
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 48
Home Games in Detroit Area

I would like to start my own game but most of the people I know just aren't very dedicated. So now I am just looking to join a game if possible. Does anyone host games in suburban detroit? Preferably on the east side.
BuzzKill_McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 11:02 PM   #2
sevup
adept
 
sevup's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: 8mile
Posts: 1,115
Re: Home Games in Detroit Area

If anyone is interested in playing Omaha hi/lo or other hi/lo or mixed games let me know. We're playing in the Fenton area
sevup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 05:30 AM   #3
poppunk
centurion
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 181
Re: Home Games in Detroit Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevup View Post
If anyone is interested in playing Omaha hi/lo or other hi/lo or mixed games let me know. We're playing in the Fenton area
I love O8, I don't wanna drive over an hour to a home game though. Wait a sec, how bad are you guys?

I used to play that O8 game at greektown, years ago. I got sick of it though, because it was often hard to get a seat if you didn't show up when the game opened, and the game always broke too early. Would suck to wait an hour and a half for a seat and then only get to play for an hour or two.
poppunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:30 AM   #4
sevup
adept
 
sevup's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: 8mile
Posts: 1,115
Re: Home Games in Detroit Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppunk View Post
I love O8, I don't wanna drive over an hour to a home game though. Wait a sec, how bad are you guys?

I used to play that O8 game at greektown, years ago. I got sick of it though, because it was often hard to get a seat if you didn't show up when the game opened, and the game always broke too early. Would suck to wait an hour and a half for a seat and then only get to play for an hour or two.
Yeah we probably know each other from that game. I still play in it some what regular. What area are you in? These players are pretty bad lol
sevup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 05:51 PM   #5
poppunk
centurion
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 181
Re: Home Games in Detroit Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevup View Post
Yeah we probably know each other from that game. I still play in it some what regular. What area are you in? These players are pretty bad lol
Actually, we probably don't. I was a very shy, young dude who kept to himself 99% of the time. Thinking about it, I didn't play it THAT much. Just every time it ran for about a summer. This was probably about 5 years ago. I'm close to Detroit. I googled maps Fenton, it's like an hour, 20 minutes from me. Bit longer than I want to drive to play cards.
poppunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 05:56 PM   #6
sevup
adept
 
sevup's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: 8mile
Posts: 1,115
Re: Home Games in Detroit Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppunk View Post
Actually, we probably don't. I was a very shy, young dude who kept to himself 99% of the time. Thinking about it, I didn't play it THAT much. Just every time it ran for about a summer. This was probably about 5 years ago. I'm close to Detroit. I googled maps Fenton, it's like an hour, 20 minutes from me. Bit longer than I want to drive to play cards.
Yeah I donít blame you. Your name seemed familiar. Did you ever go to a twoplustwo Detroit get together? Maybe at Sunnybrook?
sevup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 06:18 PM   #7
poppunk
centurion
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 181
Re: Home Games in Detroit Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevup View Post
Yeah I donít blame you. Your name seemed familiar. Did you ever go to a twoplustwo Detroit get together? Maybe at Sunnybrook?
Nah, I never did. I'll PM you if I change my mind about the home game. I might try the greektown one again someday, but yeah, I remember it got frustrating trying to get in the game. I went to vegas for a week one summer, and it was so nice being able to play O8 24/7.
poppunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 06:33 PM   #8
sevup
adept
 
sevup's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: 8mile
Posts: 1,115
Re: Home Games in Detroit Area

Yes there’s nothing like the Orleans where Omaha games run around the clock. I’m in the Greektown game right now and you’re absolutely right, if you don’t get in the game when it opens it’s very hit or miss. It’s been breaking up early most of the time lately. Before 5:00. If you’re ever going to be up my way send a message , we’d love to have you.
sevup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 02:01 PM   #9
BuzzKill_McGee
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 48
Re: Home Games in Detroit Area

Thanks, but that is too far for me. I actually just moved closer to downtown and I have been playing at the casinos a lot more lately.
BuzzKill_McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 06:31 PM   #10
poppunk
centurion
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 181
Re: Home Games in Detroit Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevup View Post
Yes thereís nothing like the Orleans where Omaha games run around the clock. Iím in the Greektown game right now and youíre absolutely right, if you donít get in the game when it opens itís very hit or miss. Itís been breaking up early most of the time lately. Before 5:00. If youíre ever going to be up my way send a message , weíd love to have you.
BTW, when does the Greektown O8 game run these days? I think it used to be every Sunday and some weird weekday, starting early like 10am. Is it still 4-8 with a half-kill? Also, I get free parking as long as I get a player's card and log some time at the table, right?
poppunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 02:00 AM   #11
sevup
adept
 
sevup's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: 8mile
Posts: 1,115
Re: Home Games in Detroit Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppunk View Post
BTW, when does the Greektown O8 game run these days? I think it used to be every Sunday and some weird weekday, starting early like 10am. Is it still 4-8 with a half-kill? Also, I get free parking as long as I get a player's card and log some time at the table, right?
The greektown o8 game runs Tuesdays and Fridays now. It starts about 8am on Tuesdays and around 10 am on Fridays. Itís 5/10 with a full kill and yes theyíll refund your parking after you play for awhile with a players card.
sevup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 04:31 AM   #12
poppunk
centurion
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 181
Re: Home Games in Detroit Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevup View Post
The greektown o8 game runs Tuesdays and Fridays now. It starts about 8am on Tuesdays and around 10 am on Fridays. Itís 5/10 with a full kill and yes theyíll refund your parking after you play for awhile with a players card.
Cool, thanks for letting me know. It's been so long, it probably hasn't even changed, I just forgot. Probably gonna try to go once this week.
poppunk is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online