Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Home Poker Discussions of home poker games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2010, 08:23 AM   #51
eneely
newbie
 
eneely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 9,791
Re: Columbia, SC game busted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pot Odds RAC View Post
I love when a random Canadian comes in to criticize the US without any real idea of what is going on beyond what they read in the news.

Hey, remember that woman who got a $400 ticket because she wouldn't put her hand on the hand rail on a Subway escalator? Canada must be a Benevolent Socialism out of control in their zeal to protect their Citizenry from themselves.

Ya know what? That IS kinda fun.
You make an excellent point. I doubt there is a democracy in the world where an anti-crime platform isn't common.

On the other hand, what proof do you have that powder_8s is a random Canadian?
eneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:32 AM   #52
Pot Odds RAC
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Degentleman and a Scholar
Posts: 4,351
Re: Columbia, SC game busted

Quote:
Originally Posted by eneely View Post
You make an excellent point. I doubt there is a democracy in the world where an anti-crime platform isn't common.

On the other hand, what proof do you have that powder_8s is a random Canadian?
Hmmm... Good question.

If you consider "Random" to be "Unpredictable", then he may very well be the antonym of "Random" since his post was somewhat standard and predictable from a certain standpoint.

However if you go with Random: Having no definite aim or purpose; not sent or guided in a particular direction; made, done, occurring, etc., without method or conscious choice...

I'll stand by my assessment based on the single post as evidence.
Pot Odds RAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:47 AM   #53
powder_8s
temp-banned
 
powder_8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: muck with a capital F
Posts: 3,788
Re: Columbia, SC game busted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pot Odds RAC View Post
I love when a random Canadian comes in to criticize the US without any real idea of what is going on beyond what they read in the news..
This is not a Canada vs US thing. I'm an american working in Canada. I grew up in the US, educated in the US and all my family still lives in the US. And Yes you are correct that Canada has many of the same problems as the US. In the small town I live in Canada, it is a crime to feed the pigeons, no skateboarding, no hackie sack, and the cops stand next to parking meters waiting for them to run out. Tell me there are not too many cops here too.
powder_8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:17 PM   #54
paleking
centurion
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 133
Re: Columbia, SC game busted

Quote:
Originally Posted by powder_8s View Post
In the small town I live in Canada, it is a crime to feed the pigeons, no skateboarding, no hackie sack
Way OT, but out of curiosity, are these things unlawful everywhere (including public parks) or are you just arguing for the primacy of your rights over the rights of the private property owners where you want to do these things?
paleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:33 PM   #55
dougfabz
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 70
Re: Columbia, SC game busted

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleking View Post
Way OT, but out of curiosity, are these things unlawful everywhere (including public parks) or are you just arguing for the primacy of your rights over the rights of the private property owners where you want to do these things?
these are bi-laws and considered quasi-legal. Hardly going to come and beat u door down and send u for a night in jail. Canada is so laisse faireeeee (laid back).
dougfabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 09:03 PM   #56
Dev0
stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 1
Re: Columbia, SC game busted

Are there still any irmo games?
Dev0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online