Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Game of Thrones This forum is for the discussion of the GoT TV show ONLY!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2014, 12:13 AM   #51
PuntIt
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,242
Re: Game of Thrones Season 4: TV Only Thread - No Bookreaders

why would any book reader wanna post sure maybe read the thread but why would you wanna post is beyond me
PuntIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:10 PM   #52
ayuken
adept
 
ayuken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 763
Re: Game of Thrones Season 4: TV Only Thread - No Bookreaders

Just moved to the UK, could anyone tell me how to watch GOT when it airs? Buy each episode on hbouk.com? If so, are they available as soon as they air? Any other (legal) alternatives?

Thanks in advance
ayuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:37 PM   #53
DoGGz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DoGGz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: in the streets, in the lab
Posts: 17,315
Re: Game of Thrones Season 4: TV Only Thread - No Bookreaders

Get hbo?
DoGGz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:31 PM   #54
Nihility77
grinder
 
Nihility77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Stars
Posts: 449
Re: Game of Thrones Season 4: TV Only Thread - No Bookreaders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuken View Post
Just moved to the UK, could anyone tell me how to watch GOT when it airs? Buy each episode on hbouk.com? If so, are they available as soon as they air? Any other (legal) alternatives?

Thanks in advance
It's on Sky Atlantic the day after the US.
Nihility77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:17 PM   #55
TheChamp11
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TheChamp11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: oiville
Posts: 6,910
Re: Game of Thrones Season 4: TV Only Thread - No Bookreaders

So how much further do we think dany's story will progress this season?

Last edited by TheChamp11; 03-07-2014 at 03:19 PM. Reason: **** off bookreaders
TheChamp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:11 PM   #56
DoGGz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DoGGz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: in the streets, in the lab
Posts: 17,315
Re: Game of Thrones Season 4: TV Only Thread - No Bookreaders

probably just resolution of slave revolts
DoGGz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:25 PM   #57
+rep_lol
El Guapo
 
+rep_lol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 14,383
The whole "live in my new world or die in their old one" line sounds ominously tyrannical

Sent from my LG-P659 using 2+2 Forums
+rep_lol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:41 PM   #58
shakalakashakaboom
adept
 
shakalakashakaboom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,022
Re: Game of Thrones Season 4: TV Only Thread - No Bookreaders

Quote:
Originally Posted by +rep_lol View Post
The whole "live in my new world or die in their old one" line sounds ominously tyrannical

Sent from my LG-P659 using 2+2 Forums
I really hope that's where her arc leads. Like, she gets to the throne and becomes an absolute monster, and we get to see Jorah lose all faith in everything. As is, her arc is far to fairy tale'ish-- and ain't nobody got time for that.
shakalakashakaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:48 PM   #59
Jackitos
 
Jackitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Patrollin for hotties with Provenza
Posts: 17,491
I'm sure the dragons are gonna get worg'ed and they'll rape Jorah before eating him. Replace Jorah with Joffrey also
Jackitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:25 AM   #60
Jakelamotta
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,061
Re: Game of Thrones Season 4: TV Only Thread - No Bookreaders

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuntIt View Post
why would any book reader wanna post sure maybe read the thread but why would you wanna post is beyond me
For example me who has only read first two books and dont know what is going to happen would wanna post.
Jakelamotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:27 AM   #61
killer_kill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
killer_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Go Banana
Posts: 26,056
Re: Game of Thrones Season 4: TV Only Thread - No Bookreaders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakelamotta View Post
For example me who has only read first two books and dont know what is going to happen would wanna post.
When people say bookreaders I think they usually mean people that have read ahead of where the show is currently at/completed the books.
killer_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:19 AM   #62
Mrtrebus
Pooh-Bah
 
Mrtrebus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 4,950
Re: Game of Thrones Season 4: TV Only Thread - No Bookreaders

The dragons are now approaching adulthood, I'm looking forward to seeing how Dany tells them they are adopted and how they react.
Mrtrebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:10 AM   #63
killer_kill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
killer_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Go Banana
Posts: 26,056
Re: Game of Thrones Season 4: TV Only Thread - No Bookreaders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrtrebus View Post
The dragons are now approaching adulthood, I'm looking forward to seeing how Dany tells them they are adopted and how they react.
killer_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:09 PM   #64
Chilltown
banned
 
Chilltown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Steppe
Posts: 39,084
Re: Game of Thrones Season 4: TV Only Thread - No Bookreaders

I wonder what real life animals dragons compare to.

They seem pretty smart and aware.
Chilltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:16 PM   #65
ty71087
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 9,309
Dragons most likely
ty71087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:33 PM   #66
master3004
Revisionist Historian
 
master3004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Obstruct Everything
Posts: 53,009
Re: Game of Thrones Season 4: TV Only Thread - No Bookreaders

Subbing. Watched the series during the off-season, ready to be here live for my first season
master3004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:07 PM   #67
sputnik3000
Pooh-Bah
 
sputnik3000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Odi club member
Posts: 3,857
Re: Game of Thrones Season 4: TV Only Thread - No Bookreaders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilltown View Post
I wonder what real life animals dragons compare to.

They seem pretty smart and aware.
Spoiler:
sputnik3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:14 PM   #68
killer_kill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
killer_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Go Banana
Posts: 26,056
Re: Game of Thrones Season 4: TV Only Thread - No Bookreaders

Quote:
Originally Posted by master3004 View Post
Subbing. Watched the series during the off-season, ready to be here live for my first season
Welcome to the show/thread. It's going to be an awesome season, I can't breathe.


Edit- Sputnik that's kinda frowned since they'll assume you're posting a spoiler, not a funny pic.
killer_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:21 PM   #69
sputnik3000
Pooh-Bah
 
sputnik3000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Odi club member
Posts: 3,857
Re: Game of Thrones Season 4: TV Only Thread - No Bookreaders

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_kill View Post
Welcome to the show/thread. It's going to be an awesome season, I can't breathe.


Edit- Sputnik that's kinda frowned since they'll assume you're posting a spoiler, not a funny pic.
Maybe there are people out there that dont want to know what real life animals dragons compare to.
sputnik3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:22 PM   #70
CCuster_911
You Only Live Once
 
CCuster_911's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ATX
Posts: 24,337
Re: Game of Thrones Season 4: TV Only Thread - No Bookreaders

IN

Havent read any of the books.

My vote is nobody that has read the books to post in this thread. I dont give a **** about your track record.

Either that or at least create a third thread(which I know people are against for dividing up the posters too much). I know last time this was discussed the number of people against any book readers from posting wasnt negligible.

I can be persuaded if a single book reader can give a great argument that doesnt devolve into wanting to post for their own personal/selfish reasons. Havent seen one yet, despite many people trying.

Last edited by CCuster_911; 03-08-2014 at 08:28 PM.
CCuster_911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:38 PM   #71
killer_kill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
killer_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Go Banana
Posts: 26,056
Re: Game of Thrones Season 4: TV Only Thread - No Bookreaders

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik3000 View Post
Maybe there are people out there that dont want to know what real life animals dragons compare to.
I mean it's not me but our new overlord you'll have to answer to lol.
killer_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:41 PM   #72
DoGGz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DoGGz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: in the streets, in the lab
Posts: 17,315
Re: Game of Thrones Season 4: TV Only Thread - No Bookreaders

do not tempt the wrath of our new thread savior.
DoGGz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:42 PM   #73
shakalakashakaboom
adept
 
shakalakashakaboom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,022
Re: Game of Thrones Season 4: TV Only Thread - No Bookreaders

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCuster_911 View Post
IN

Havent read any of the books.

My vote is nobody that has read the books to post in this thread. I dont give a **** about your track record.

Either that or at least create a third thread(which I know people are against for dividing up the posters too much). I know last time this was discussed the number of people against any book readers from posting wasnt negligible.

I can be persuaded if a single book reader can give a great argument that doesnt devolve into wanting to post for their own personal/selfish reasons. Havent seen one yet, despite many people trying.

Post like this reek of a troll bookreader who wants to "speculate".

The sensible reason for having whitehat bookreaders in here has not only been put forth ITT and the previous one numerous times, but it is painfully obvious. But I'm not going to rehash it for you, because the thread doesn't need to devolve into that discussion every time some nitwit is either too dense to see the common sense in having whitehats in here, is too lazy to actually read back on the discussion he is reigniting, or both.
shakalakashakaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:44 PM   #74
Chilltown
banned
 
Chilltown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Steppe
Posts: 39,084
Re: Game of Thrones Season 4: TV Only Thread - No Bookreaders

There are clear elements from ancient history/Antiquity that have influences the show.

Maybe Martin thought they were suppose to be like orcas.
Chilltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:51 PM   #75
killer_kill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
killer_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Go Banana
Posts: 26,056
Re: Game of Thrones Season 4: TV Only Thread - No Bookreaders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilltown View Post
There are clear elements from ancient history/Antiquity that have influences the show.

Maybe Martin thought they were suppose to be like orcas.
I read about that too. Was pretty interesting actually. It's based on a lot of stuff that actually happened in history. I can't remember where I saw the link, maybe GoT fb page.


I doubt custer is a book reader and I'd take his word at face value.
killer_kill is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online