Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Transaction Feedback & Disputes For 2+2ers to provide feedback (positive AND negative) and settle disputes with regard to transactions (sales, swaps, stakes, etc.) between 2+2 members.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2019, 09:35 AM   #1
Thalampro
stranger
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 10
Thalampro/HU Staking Dispute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HU Staking Program View Post
Pokerstars Screenname: Thalampro
Real Name: Thanos Lampropoulos
Skype: live:thalampro

Throughout his time with us, he played games he was not allowed to on several occasions. Also, on many occasions he was playing on a side account of a friends (GreekMenace7), rather than playing games under his stake that he was in makeup in.

After approximately 2 months with us, we found that he had been cashing out/stealing staking funds, ($3,300~). He had done this over a few week period. He only told us when he needed a reload at a time when his account very obviously shouldn't have been out of funds. During the time he was cashing out our funds, "Because he needed money for bills", he was playing on a friends account and playing both MTTs and casino games.

At that point, we told him that we had to check in with him daily to keep an eye on his accounts, and to make sure nothing else shady was happening. He asked if he would be able to still do small cashouts as he would need money for bills. We have an EV cashout program where if players produce EV, even if they don't have profit, we let them cash out some funds. We told him that if he put in a certain amount of hours, we'd allow him to still do so. After the first week, his hours were short of the agreed upon number, and more importantly, he was quite a ways off from the minimum EV requirement. We told him that based on those two numbers, we wouldn't allow him to do a profit split at that time (He was still almost $10,000 in makeup).

He became very upset and said he needed "a day to think about it." The next day, he emailed us a list of demands "for him to proceed". They were "non negotiable, take it or leave it". Also, if we declined, he'd pay us back the $11,000+ he now owed us, "probably with some monthly payments". He told us that he didn't have a choice to steal our money, "he didn't have money for bills." We pointed out that while he was stealing our money at this time due to bill money, it was only a couple of weeks ago he had done the same thing *and* had been playing Casino games at the same time.

He also had an issue with a previous backer where he owed them money for playing games he wasn't supposed to with staking money. He didn't tell us about this until after he had started with us.

It's very obvious that he can't be trusted and should be avoided.
Meet the hu staking program. after i took 34k on an mtt on stars which i told them i played for 1/3 from the beggining (plus greek taxes 20%) i told them than i will pay back what i took wrongfully (that was 3.3k -300 i had given already, so 3k$). They agreed with my deal and that this would be it for this case (they will delete sites made for me and post on 2+2 to clear my reputation). Obviously, they decided AFTER i sent them the money, that the deal wasnt good enough for them, they took the sites back on and arent even repplying to my emails or skype. here is the series of the emails and skype.






Thalampro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 11:45 AM   #2
HU Staking Program
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 37
Re: **NEGATIVE Feedback Thread (for Marketplace and all Subforums)**

Hi Thanos,

While we feel you left out some important details, our version is similar to yours:

Spoiler:

You admit to stealing the $3,000 but would not send it back unless we agreed to post on 2+2 that you had cleared the entire debt and took down any other mention of this incident we had posted.

Your argument is that a player can go into makeup and then steal repeatedly until he is dropped. Once he is dropped, he can then pay back the money he stole and nothing else.

We disagree.

We realize that we may be biased in this situation and the most reasonable option seems to be arbitration.

As part of the arbitration, each side can escrow $7,000. Our $7,000 will include the $3,000 you feel owed and an additional $4,000 the arbitrators can award to you if they feel it is warranted. As you feel we handled this so poorly, that seems fair.

Your $7,000 would be the money we feel you still owe us.

After arbitration, they would decide on a ruling and then have the escrow make the appropriate transfers.
HU Staking Program is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 09:59 PM   #3
Thalampro
stranger
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 10
Re: **NEGATIVE Feedback Thread (for Marketplace and all Subforums)**

Quote:
Originally Posted by HU Staking Program View Post
Hi Thanos,

While we feel you left out some important details, our version is similar to yours:

Spoiler:

You admit to stealing the $3,000 but would not send it back unless we agreed to post on 2+2 that you had cleared the entire debt and took down any other mention of this incident we had posted.

Your argument is that a player can go into makeup and then steal repeatedly until he is dropped. Once he is dropped, he can then pay back the money he stole and nothing else.

We disagree.

We realize that we may be biased in this situation and the most reasonable option seems to be arbitration.

As part of the arbitration, each side can escrow $7,000. Our $7,000 will include the $3,000 you feel owed and an additional $4,000 the arbitrators can award to you if they feel it is warranted. As you feel we handled this so poorly, that seems fair.

Your $7,000 would be the money we feel you still owe us.

After arbitration, they would decide on a ruling and then have the escrow make the appropriate transfers.
1. I dont have this kind of money right now.
2. That would be an easy win for me since i have chatlogs proving you agreed to a 3k deal to settle this unless the arbitrator would be yours ofc, thats what an old arbitrator said.
3. I have sent you message asking for names addresses etc which i have every right to know because i might be going to court for this case, and this is days ago, but i still havent received an answer. Send the details to me asap.
4. The fact that you agreed to a 3k deal and Dishonoured it shows a little bit too much info about your stable, but i guess everybody already knows what you are. Typical Husng.
Thalampro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 12:11 AM   #4
HU Staking Program
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 37
Re: **NEGATIVE Feedback Thread (for Marketplace and all Subforums)**

Hi Thanos,

1. You just won $11.6k from a $500 buyin. How much can you escrow for this?



2. As mentioned, we're happy to do arbitration. We can find a 3-person group relatively easily I'm sure. We also have no interest in knowing them ahead of time.

3. Not interested.

4. Just as a reminder. You went into makeup, multi-accounted to dodge makeup, and then stole from us. You lied about it, threatened us, made demands, and then stole again. You promised payments, and paid back $300 of $11k over 18~ months. You hid yourself on sharkscope and ignored our emails. You won $34k and didn't contact us about a payment. We then emailed you about a payment. You threatened us with a "take it or leave it" offer for a fraction of what you owed.

You of all people are talking about dishonour? Re-read the story again. Also make sure to remember how often you were abusive to us when you stole. "I had no choice, I had to feed my family!!!" was repeated to us regularly, only for us to find out you lost most of it at Stars Casino.

Let us know about arbitration.
HU Staking Program is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 01:49 AM   #5
PokerPlayingGamble
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,614
Re: **NEGATIVE Feedback Thread (for Marketplace and all Subforums)**

I don't see how HU Staking can whine about Thalampro breaking their agreement, since they evidently do not feel like they have to honour their contracts. Aren't you being hypocritical here?
PokerPlayingGamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 07:53 AM   #6
Thalampro
stranger
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 10
Re: **NEGATIVE Feedback Thread (for Marketplace and all Subforums)**

Quote:
Originally Posted by HU Staking Program View Post
Hi Thanos,

1. You just won $11.6k from a $500 buyin. How much can you escrow for this?



2. As mentioned, we're happy to do arbitration. We can find a 3-person group relatively easily I'm sure. We also have no interest in knowing them ahead of time.

3. Not interested.

4. Just as a reminder. You went into makeup, multi-accounted to dodge makeup, and then stole from us. You lied about it, threatened us, made demands, and then stole again. You promised payments, and paid back $300 of $11k over 18~ months. You hid yourself on sharkscope and ignored our emails. You won $34k and didn't contact us about a payment. We then emailed you about a payment. You threatened us with a "take it or leave it" offer for a fraction of what you owed.

You of all people are talking about dishonour? Re-read the story again. Also make sure to remember how often you were abusive to us when you stole. "I had no choice, I had to feed my family!!!" was repeated to us regularly, only for us to find out you lost most of it at Stars Casino.

Let us know about arbitration.
3. Not.interested? I dont exactly care if you are interested, i am.
Also i.didnt vanish 18 months, i had started a payment plan 100 per month which after 3 months you declined!!! To continue because it was too little for you. You are so hypocrites all the stable, everybody seems to know you in the market.
The all deal got messed up because you didnt want me.to.withdraw 100eur to pay the internet which would be cut if i didnt pay so stop lying all around.
Thalampro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 01:09 PM   #7
HU Staking Program
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 37
Re: **NEGATIVE Feedback Thread (for Marketplace and all Subforums)**

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerPlayingGamble View Post
I don't see how HU Staking can whine about Thalampro breaking their agreement, since they evidently do not feel like they have to honour their contracts. Aren't you being hypocritical here?
Thanos’ entire argument is based around the following idea:

If a player goes into makeup, they can go out of their way to get dropped on purpose in order to not pay it back. They can steal repeatedly, break rules continuously, and make any demands. If they aren’t dropped, they should quit on their own.

After that, they can threaten the backer with, “I’ll send a fraction of what I owe, but you are required to clear my name completely. Otherwise, you get nothing.”

If that is allowed, shouldn’t that be the plan for every player who goes into makeup?

Equally as important, what happens when we let him bully us into this and then he steals again? What do we say when another backer asks, “Despite all of the details here, you felt it reasonable to say he took care of this situation?”

This should be simple though, we should just do arbitration.

We have offered that to Thanos in the past as well. Publicly he may feign interest, but he won’t actually do it unless he can set it up as a freeroll. Despite winning $12k~ a few days ago, he will continue to make excuses.

Thanos, we are interested in doing arbitration. Not simply because you feel we are in the wrong, but because you still owe us thousands more.

To everyone else, watch him continue to dodge arbitration. Everyone in the community knows what that means.

Last edited by Bobo Fett; 04-04-2019 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Added quote as per poster's request.
HU Staking Program is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 10:03 PM   #8
MasterOfPoo8
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 335
Re: **NEGATIVE Feedback Thread (for Marketplace and all Subforums)**

agreed he will dodge arbitration.
he doesn't seem like the smartest and like many in poker have a warped sense of reality and backing deals.

I am curious though.. are those skype logs he posted real?
If so.. why did you guys lead him on saying yes? just trying to get some sort of payment and recoup some losses?
genuinely curious
MasterOfPoo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 08:39 AM   #9
Thalampro
stranger
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 10
Re: **NEGATIVE Feedback Thread (for Marketplace and all Subforums)**

Quote:
Originally Posted by HU Staking Program View Post
Thanos’ entire argument is based around the following idea:

If a player goes into makeup, they can go out of their way to get dropped on purpose in order to not pay it back. They can steal repeatedly, break rules continuously, and make any demands. If they aren’t dropped, they should quit on their own.

After that, they can threaten the backer with, “I’ll send a fraction of what I owe, but you are required to clear my name completely. Otherwise, you get nothing.”

If that is allowed, shouldn’t that be the plan for every player who goes into makeup?

Equally as important, what happens when we let him bully us into this and then he steals again? What do we say when another backer asks, “Despite all of the details here, you felt it reasonable to say he took care of this situation?”

This should be simple though, we should just do arbitration.

We have offered that to Thanos in the past as well. Publicly he may feign interest, but he won’t actually do it unless he can set it up as a freeroll. Despite winning $12k~ a few days ago, he will continue to make excuses.

Thanos, we are interested in doing arbitration. Not simply because you feel we are in the wrong, but because you still owe us thousands more.

To everyone else, watch him continue to dodge arbitration. Everyone in the community knows what that means.
Dude are you serious? The only reason i stopped is that you refused to let me cash out 100 eur to pay internet services or i wouldnt be able to play. Everything else is just bull****. I offered to repay 100 per month and you declined after 2-3 payments because you felt it was too little. Then i ask for your details (names etc) because i might be going to court for this and you decline to give them to me. Everyone can see what you are in the market and everybody knew except me.
Ps. Skype logs are real everyone who wishes to see it can pm me.
Ps 2 im not sure for the arbitration part because 1. Everything i play and win as i told you before is divided by 3 with my 2 friends so i dont have that much money you think and 2. Someone deep in the market told me that you will orchestrate this to take my money, orelse there is 0% chance for you to win since you agreed to my 3k deal and i have skype logs and emails to prove it.
Thalampro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 02:53 PM   #10
HU Staking Program
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 37
Re: **NEGATIVE Feedback Thread (for Marketplace and all Subforums)**

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPoo8 View Post
... why did you guys lead him on saying yes? just trying to get some sort of payment and recoup some losses?
genuinely curious
Thanos stole twice for a total of over $3,000 and scammed us to get away from over $7,000 worth of makeup. While admitting it was stolen, he still gave us a “take it or leave it” over the $3,000.

He could have very easily sent back the $3,000 and said he did not feel he owed the makeup. He didn’t.

He was only willing to pay back the stolen money if we were willing to lie for him and claim he cleared the money owed completely.

Our choices at that point were:

1. Thanos pays $3,000 and we are bullied into lying for him about the debt being cleared.

2. We tell him no, we won’t clear his name. He pays $0.
If he pays $0 after winning $34,000, when will he pay? Never. This option forces us to throw away the $10,000+ he owes and he just keeps it all.

3. We tell him yes, but then do not take down the site.

If choosing number 3 was the wrong decision by us, that means Thanos played this entire situation well from start to finish.

Any player that goes into makeup should steal and then quit. If they hit a big score at any point in the future, they offer a tiny part of that (he offered less than 10% of his score) towards the money they owe. Even if it is only a fraction of the totaled owe, they win.

Option #1 clears his name
Option #2 has him never paying any of the $10k+ debt
Option #3 lets him play the “poor me” card


Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalampro View Post
The only reason i stopped is that you refused to let me cash out 100 eur to pay internet services or i wouldnt be able to play. Everything else is just bull****.

Then i ask for your details (names etc) because i might be going to court for this and you decline to give them to me.

orelse there is 0% chance for you to win.
You went $7,000 into makeup, then stole $3,000 and lost most of it at an online casino. You agreed to hit a certain number of hours and EV for a cashout and missed both. Then we wouldn't let you cash out 150 euro (not 100 you claimed). We don't mind that you got the 100 vs 150 wrong. It's been a long time, that happens.

You leaving out the rest of the details shows that you are just lying again. That's what you do, you steal and you lie.

We are happy to give our details to the arbitrators. They can give it to you.

Someone deep in the market told you there is a "0% chance for us to win”. Have that person put up the money for the escrow then. With how trustworthy you are, $45,000 worth of recent winnings, and your 0% chance to lose, you should be fine to find someone to front you the money for the arbitration.

You previously admitted you would still over $7,000, but we want to be able to move past this. We’ll escrow our $7,000 vs your $5,000.

Despite all of this, you will once again find some excuse to dodge arbitration and will come up with more lies.
HU Staking Program is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 05:52 PM   #11
auralex14
old hand
 
auralex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,270
Re: **NEGATIVE Feedback Thread (for Marketplace and all Subforums)**

If he's able to find other people to put up the rest I'd buy 25% of his side and put up $1250. You guys agreed that $3k would settle the matter entirely. He sent that, then you reneged.
auralex14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 09:11 AM   #12
Tsakalos1994
stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 1
Re: **NEGATIVE Feedback Thread (for Marketplace and all Subforums)**

Quote:
Originally Posted by HU Staking Program View Post
Hi Thanos,

While we feel you left out some important details, our version is similar to yours:

Spoiler:

You admit to stealing the $3,000 but would not send it back unless we agreed to post on 2+2 that you had cleared the entire debt and took down any other mention of this incident we had posted.

Your argument is that a player can go into makeup and then steal repeatedly until he is dropped. Once he is dropped, he can then pay back the money he stole and nothing else.

We disagree.

We realize that we may be biased in this situation and the most reasonable option seems to be arbitration.

As part of the arbitration, each side can escrow $7,000. Our $7,000 will include the $3,000 you feel owed and an additional $4,000 the arbitrators can award to you if they feel it is warranted. As you feel we handled this so poorly, that seems fair.

Your $7,000 would be the money we feel you still owe us.

After arbitration, they would decide on a ruling and then have the escrow make the appropriate transfers.
First of all,everyone knows that Thalampro wasn't stacked when he won the 30k and he didn't lose any money from taxes because he simply was registering to Tournaments.With a quick search you could see that.ALSO he won another 20,25k.11k on a 530 daily supersonic and two times a local tournament in Loutraki Casino for about 5k at a time.That happened inside March 2019.This guy is a scammer and should be avoided at ALL COSTS.
Everyone knows that here in Athens.He was a dealer back in 2016 and he was begging for tips and his boss found out and all the staff that was working here got a fine.Just avoid this guy.
Tsakalos1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 08:30 PM   #13
sorso
centurion
 
sorso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: anywhere
Posts: 105
Re: **NEGATIVE Feedback Thread (for Marketplace and all Subforums)**

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralex14 View Post
If he's able to find other people to put up the rest I'd buy 25% of his side and put up $1250. You guys agreed that $3k would settle the matter entirely. He sent that, then you reneged.
Dude, I don't think that you read what the guy wrote...If they would have told him that he has to pay $10k in order to clear his name, they obv would not have seen any money. Basically, Thanos told them to accept the offer ($3000) and his requests or they'll get back $0. I'm curious what you would have done? He still owes them $7000.
sorso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 08:52 PM   #14
PokerPlayingGamble
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,614
Re: **NEGATIVE Feedback Thread (for Marketplace and all Subforums)**

It's not really unusual for a debtor to be at an advantage in negotiations to settle debt, because there is really nothing a creditor can do if the debtor decides to default. That doesn't mean that creditors can negotiate in bad faith and then say "oops just kidding" once they get the money. What Tsakalos1994 and the HU Staking program did was fraud. They defrauded Thalampro out of $3000 by saying they would take down the site and settle the debt when they had no intention of following through.
PokerPlayingGamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 10:18 PM   #15
auralex14
old hand
 
auralex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,270
Re: **NEGATIVE Feedback Thread (for Marketplace and all Subforums)**

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorso View Post
Dude, I don't think that you read what the guy wrote...If they would have told him that he has to pay $10k in order to clear his name, they obv would not have seen any money. Basically, Thanos told them to accept the offer ($3000) and his requests or they'll get back $0. I'm curious what you would have done? He still owes them $7000.
I read that, and it sounds to me like he did owe $10k. I'm looking at it strictly from a legal perspective. This Thalam guy seems shady as ****, I'm definitely not a fan of his, I just think he happens to be correct wrt this arbitration issue.
auralex14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 12:15 AM   #16
HU Staking Program
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 37
Re: **NEGATIVE Feedback Thread (for Marketplace and all Subforums)**

A quick note, Tsakalos1994 isn't a part of our program at all and didn't have anything to do with this.

For the rest, hopefully Thanos agrees to arbitration and we can go from there. While I don't expect someone who disagrees with our decision to give us a free pass on the situation, I hope it is noted that we are looking for arbitration and he is avoiding it.
HU Staking Program is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 12:54 AM   #17
UnbanMePlz
centurion
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 103
Re: **NEGATIVE Feedback Thread (for Marketplace and all Subforums)**

So basically it works like this.

You loan me 10k because I offer you 20k back and I'm a trusted individual.

I then say I'll give you 5k back or nothing if you out me.

Your saying you wouldn't take that 5k and then out the person? You think someone is in the wrong for doing that?

If so, can you loan me 10k I'll give you 20k back.
UnbanMePlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 06:58 AM   #18
Thalampro
stranger
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 10
Re: **NEGATIVE Feedback Thread (for Marketplace and all Subforums)**

Check your messages pls aura ...
Thalampro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 07:25 PM   #19
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 47,828
Re: Thalampro/HU Staking Dispute

Something that I noticed when I moved these posts here, that I missed before - the post that the OP is replying to in the first post is from over a year and a half ago. I mention that in case anyone else wasn't paying attention to that part, as I wasn't. I had thought HU Staking had brought this up after their agreement, but clearly it wasn't.

OP, it would appear that you agreed with HU Staking that you had stolen $3,300, but refused to pay the remaining $3,000 until they agreed to remove all references to this dispute - is that correct?
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 11:57 PM   #20
MasterOfPoo8
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 335
Re: **NEGATIVE Feedback Thread (for Marketplace and all Subforums)**

you didn't answer my question.
but thanks


also unless i missed something he did not pay the 3k..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HU Staking Program View Post
Thanos stole twice for a total of over $3,000 and scammed us to get away from over $7,000 worth of makeup. While admitting it was stolen, he still gave us a “take it or leave it” over the $3,000.

He could have very easily sent back the $3,000 and said he did not feel he owed the makeup. He didn’t.

He was only willing to pay back the stolen money if we were willing to lie for him and claim he cleared the money owed completely.

Our choices at that point were:

1. Thanos pays $3,000 and we are bullied into lying for him about the debt being cleared.

2. We tell him no, we won’t clear his name. He pays $0.
If he pays $0 after winning $34,000, when will he pay? Never. This option forces us to throw away the $10,000+ he owes and he just keeps it all.

3. We tell him yes, but then do not take down the site.

If choosing number 3 was the wrong decision by us, that means Thanos played this entire situation well from start to finish.

Any player that goes into makeup should steal and then quit. If they hit a big score at any point in the future, they offer a tiny part of that (he offered less than 10% of his score) towards the money they owe. Even if it is only a fraction of the totaled owe, they win.

Option #1 clears his name
Option #2 has him never paying any of the $10k+ debt
Option #3 lets him play the “poor me” card




You went $7,000 into makeup, then stole $3,000 and lost most of it at an online casino. You agreed to hit a certain number of hours and EV for a cashout and missed both. Then we wouldn't let you cash out 150 euro (not 100 you claimed). We don't mind that you got the 100 vs 150 wrong. It's been a long time, that happens.

You leaving out the rest of the details shows that you are just lying again. That's what you do, you steal and you lie.

We are happy to give our details to the arbitrators. They can give it to you.

Someone deep in the market told you there is a "0% chance for us to win”. Have that person put up the money for the escrow then. With how trustworthy you are, $45,000 worth of recent winnings, and your 0% chance to lose, you should be fine to find someone to front you the money for the arbitration.

You previously admitted you would still over $7,000, but we want to be able to move past this. We’ll escrow our $7,000 vs your $5,000.

Despite all of this, you will once again find some excuse to dodge arbitration and will come up with more lies.
MasterOfPoo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 01:59 AM   #21
auralex14
old hand
 
auralex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,270
Re: Thalampro/HU Staking Dispute

Master,

My understanding of the situation is that Thal was in MU for $7k. Additionally, he stole/cashed out an additional $3300 to 'pay bills,' but that he may have gambled with it instead. Whatever the reason, he stole that money. He paid back $300 in various installments.

At that time, HU Staking made negative posts on various poker forums, as well as created a site calling him a thief.

Thal admitted to stealing the $3300, but perhaps there is a dispute about the MU figure--that's not clear.

Thal offered to pay back the remaining $3k he stole with certain conditions. Namely, HU Staking had to remove the negative feedback from here and other forums, as well as take down the Thalisattheif.com website.

HU Staking believed that the only way they'd ever see a dime from him would be if they agreed to his terms, even though they had no intention of fulfilling their end of the deal.

Thal sent the $3k expecting everything to be taken down. Nothing was, and here we are
auralex14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 09:10 AM   #22
HU Staking Program
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 37
Re: Thalampro/HU Staking Dispute

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralex14 View Post
My understanding of the situation is that Thal was in MU for $7k. Additionally, he stole/cashed out an additional $3300 to 'pay bills,' but that he may have gambled with it instead. Whatever the reason, he stole that money. He paid back $300 in various installments.
Your understanding seems to be fairly close. I added and clarified a few details below.

He also multi-accounted during his time as a player with us. After he had went into makeup, he played on a friends account to dodge the makeup he was in with us.

He stole twice, not once. The second time was when he quit the deal.

He admitted that he lost at the casino. That's not conjecture by us. The awkward detail about the stealing is his repeated claim that he stole due to needing to feed his family. He continued to use this argument even after admitting to losing stolen money at the casino.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralex14
At that time, HU Staking made negative posts on various poker forums, as well as created a site calling him a thief.

Thal admitted to stealing the $3300, but perhaps there is a dispute about the MU figure--that's not clear.
He acknowledged the makeup numerous times. This recent recent incident is the first time he's going for "I don't owe makeup". Yes he lost it at the games we staked him for. After that though, he stole money and quit the deal.

If a player goes into makeup, steals, breaks their contract, and quits the deal (while continuing to play poker throughout), they don't owe that makeup? That's absurd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralex14
Thal offered to pay back the remaining $3k he stole with certain conditions. Namely, HU Staking had to remove the negative feedback from here and other forums, as well as take down the Thalisattheif.com website.
He won $34,000 in January of this year.

Shortly after stealing from us he blocked his sharkscope; we only found out about the big win from a PokerStars blog. Despite still owing over $10,000, (and his last payment being over a year ago), he did not contact us to make any payment when he won that money.

We had to email him asking for a payment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralex14
HU Staking believed that the only way they'd ever see a dime from him would be if they agreed to his terms, even though they had no intention of fulfilling their end of the deal.

Thal sent the $3k expecting everything to be taken down. Nothing was, and here we are
We didn't just believe it, he told us very clearly, "I'm not going to pay the make up which was used to play spins under your instructions."

UnbanMePlz made a post that closely describes the way we looked at the situation throughout.

Let's assume someone borrows $7,000 from you. Shortly later, they steal an additional $3,000. You then post about it publicly.

Later they say, "I'll pay back the $3,000 I stole, but I'm not going to pay the $7,000 I borrowed. For me to pay the $3,000 though, you have to post publicly that I paid back everything. Also, if you don't take this offer, I'll pay zero."

How are you supposed to react in a situation like this?

Please remember, the previous time he gave you a "take it or leave it" option, he followed through with his threat and stole from you when you didn't give in to his demands.
HU Staking Program is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 01:14 PM   #23
auralex14
old hand
 
auralex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,270
Re: Thalampro/HU Staking Dispute

I'm sympathetic towards you guys HU Staking. I said in an earlier post that he owed you guys $10k, and it very well may be true that the only way you would've seen a dime was to agree to his demands.

As I mentioned before, im looking at this situation simply from a legal perspective. It seems to me that you entered into a new contract with him when you agreed to take $3k to settle the matter. I understand you felt like you were under duress to agree to it so that you'd salvage some kind of payment, but I don't think it rises to the legal standard of duress. I think a US court would say you need to follow through with what you agreed to, but I have no real dog in this fight.

Creditors settle all kinds of debts all the time. Imagine if after every settlement is reached, the creditors just say 'Nevermind, thanks for that money but of course you still owe us everything.' No settlement would ever be reached.
auralex14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 02:37 PM   #24
HU Staking Program
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 37
Re: Thalampro/HU Staking Dispute

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralex14 View Post
As I mentioned before, im looking at this situation simply from a legal perspective.

I think a US court would say you need to follow through with what you agreed to, but I have no real dog in this fight.
That's not a reasonable comparison. You can't treat this as two separate situations.

We are having this conversation due to Thanos stealing, scamming, and attempting coercion. That happened because this is an online poker situation and not a legal situation.

If this had any chance to go to court, we would have done that 18~ months ago when he stole in the first place. We would have easily won in court; he admitted what he owed all along. When he won the $34,000, we'd have gotten paid back all of $10,000+ due to the court proceeding. This situation we are in currently wouldn't have happened.
HU Staking Program is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 08:49 PM   #25
xSCWx
Pooh-Bah
 
xSCWx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Austin
Posts: 5,428
Re: Thalampro/HU Staking Dispute

It seems silly to focus on legal complications if that's not the angle that's being pursued. What Thalampro did here is very clearly stealing. This isn't even ambiguous.
xSCWx is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online