So I am want to run some sims for common MTT spots and practice with the trainer on GTO+. I don't want to use lot of bet sizes and aim to have sizes/lines that are common for live tournaments. What settings should I use on the solver with the goal to keep it simple and something I can use in a live environment? Specifically :
- Flop bet size (33%,66%)
- Turn size (33%, 66%, 150%)
- River size (33%, 66%, 150%)
- When and where should I use probe, donk and continuation bets?
- Is a single raise size of 3x enough for all streets?
- Should I use the setting the gets the money in 2/3 streets?
- Anything else I am missing?
Those are fine parameters to start with but the goal should be to continually build up your skillz. Training with trees that have 7 bet sizings and 2 raise sizings is doable and people are capable of making consistently excellent strategy computations with such large strategy profiles. The more sizings you use the more precisely you capture the range interactions. And more precision always means more EV
Personally, I use GTO Wizard's trainer for MTT's and have been pretty happy with it. It's not particularly cheap, but I like the fact I don't have to spend a lot of time and effort setting up my own sims.