Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Which SNG 18 45 90 oe 180 returns the highest ROI ? Which SNG 18 45 90 oe 180 returns the highest ROI ?

07-02-2009 , 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterblaker
If you could read you "******", then you would see that I stated I wasn't talking about turbos.
2.2's are only in turbo form. and an 85% bankroll downswing is too much so 100 buy ins is still not sufficient

next time try to understand the message of a post before you go getting all butthurt
Which SNG 18 45 90 oe 180 returns the highest ROI ? Quote
07-02-2009 , 04:14 PM
Look what I quoted. It clearly says 4/180s...learn to read.
Which SNG 18 45 90 oe 180 returns the highest ROI ? Quote
07-02-2009 , 04:23 PM
My point was made for non turbo 180's so its still really relevant.
Which SNG 18 45 90 oe 180 returns the highest ROI ? Quote
07-02-2009 , 05:04 PM
Well if I did start playing 180's full time and saw my BR down to $110 dollars or something I'd switch to the 18 man or even the double or nothings to build back up.

Is that wrong on my part to be thinking that way ?
Which SNG 18 45 90 oe 180 returns the highest ROI ? Quote
07-02-2009 , 05:06 PM
it is fine either way i mean your bankroll size is determined by the amount of risk you are willing to take

im not will to take much
Which SNG 18 45 90 oe 180 returns the highest ROI ? Quote
07-02-2009 , 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfing_Stud
Well if I did start playing 180's full time and saw my BR down to $110 dollars or something I'd switch to the 18 man or even the double or nothings to build back up.

Is that wrong on my part to be thinking that way ?
Nothing wrong with that as long as you have the discipline to move down. Too many people say to themselves "I'm stuck $100, but if I can just win one, I'm back to break even" so they continue to play games they're not rolled for to get back in the black.
Which SNG 18 45 90 oe 180 returns the highest ROI ? Quote
07-02-2009 , 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloplaya1414
Nothing wrong with that as long as you have the discipline to move down. Too many people say to themselves "I'm stuck $100, but if I can just win one, I'm back to break even" so they continue to play games they're not rolled for to get back in the black.
Your right I understand how people think that but if I thought that I would be trying to hit it big in a 3000 player tournament if I were just wanting to be lucky but I am glad you made that point if I do slip not to fall into that mind set.
Which SNG 18 45 90 oe 180 returns the highest ROI ? Quote
07-02-2009 , 08:09 PM
not sure about some of the suggested BR management ITT

i don't even get concerned about 100 bi ds's at 180s becuase they happen so often and i hit a 250 bi downer and considered it standard, and i've got like a 45% roi too
Which SNG 18 45 90 oe 180 returns the highest ROI ? Quote
07-03-2009 , 03:39 AM
lol yea

wait until your little heaters are over
Which SNG 18 45 90 oe 180 returns the highest ROI ? Quote
07-03-2009 , 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCuster_911
lets do a prop bet...you play 12$ 45 men ill play 12$ 180 men...
you dont get what i'm saying... im saying that playing the same amount of 12/45's in the same amount of time you play the same exact number of 12/180's is ******ed

obviously if you are playing 45's you should play WAY more
Which SNG 18 45 90 oe 180 returns the highest ROI ? Quote
07-03-2009 , 03:48 AM
I would be willing to say 100 buy in downswings are well within the realm of possibilities for any game though....any game
Which SNG 18 45 90 oe 180 returns the highest ROI ? Quote
08-03-2009 , 01:53 PM
Really? 200 BIs for nano 180s for a recreational player who is only playing a few tables at a time? I seriously have a hard time believing that that many BIs is necessary for the nano 180s if you have any clue whatsoever as to what you're doing.

For someone who is not playing professionally and is willing to move down during a downswing (doesn't count on poker income) then 100 BIs should be plenty for the 180s imho.
Which SNG 18 45 90 oe 180 returns the highest ROI ? Quote
08-04-2009 , 01:40 AM
I'm overly nitty ... I have a roll of just over $400 but still play the $1 45 and 90 man tournaments. Yes, I'm rolled for more but I want to ensure I dominate one level before moving to the next.

$100 or so of my roll came from a 5th place in a big MTT so I thought at the time that I could start playing the $2 90 and 180 mans. I had some good performances but soon realised my game wasn't ready and my roll headed backwards accordingly.

Since I've taken the time to learn and grow by playing the smaller stakes I'm now more confident, playing better and am trying the $3.25 45 man games. I started off quite unlucky bubbling a number of them but last night had two 5th placed finishes in a row and feel my game is good enough to compete and consistently profit from these.

If your game and play is good enough at the lower levels you'll soon have the roll to move upwards.

Good luck
Which SNG 18 45 90 oe 180 returns the highest ROI ? Quote
08-04-2009 , 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knn05
Really? 200 BIs for nano 180s for a recreational player who is only playing a few tables at a time? I seriously have a hard time believing that that many BIs is necessary for the nano 180s if you have any clue whatsoever as to what you're doing.

For someone who is not playing professionally and is willing to move down during a downswing (doesn't count on poker income) then 100 BIs should be plenty for the 180s imho.
Yeah if your mental bankroll is the same size as your playing bankroll the sure, but it isnt for anyone. I cant think of a single player with a higher then 80% ROI even in non turbos at even the $4 level with a 1.4k sample or more. 100 buy ins is fine if you will move down... oh wait there is no where to move down to.

I have a 75% ROI on these for my last 2k games and a 400 break even stretch after a 70buy in down swing has happened to me twice.

For a player who doesnt care if they bust or are willing to switch to another game with more lax bankroll needs then sure 100 buy ins is perfect fine. Or if you are playing 4 or less tables just for fun. Then yes you are right I think.

In JeanGrae's article on BR management on pocketfives she recommends an 880$ BR for 4/180's.
Which SNG 18 45 90 oe 180 returns the highest ROI ? Quote
08-04-2009 , 01:49 AM
And P.S.

The first $100 of my roll was grinding cash games with a $12 deposit ... so it wasn't like I had even earned my stripes in MTT's so to speak. That's why I'm still playing the lowest level and still learning/developing.
Which SNG 18 45 90 oe 180 returns the highest ROI ? Quote
08-04-2009 , 01:52 AM
Capital I think it would be best for you to play the mtt non turbo 45's and 27's. Then move to the 4/180's when you have a little over 100 by ins. You dont need a full 200 as long as you are willing to go back to the 27's and 45's.

If you are comfortable with turbos I'd play the $345's and 18 men. I am not as comfortable with them unfortunately.
Which SNG 18 45 90 oe 180 returns the highest ROI ? Quote
08-04-2009 , 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by limpcallall
Yeah if your mental bankroll is the same size as your playing bankroll the sure, but it isnt for anyone. I cant think of a single player with a higher then 80% ROI even in non turbos at even the $4 level with a 1.4k sample or more. 100 buy ins is fine if you will move down... oh wait there is no where to move down to.

I have a 75% ROI on these for my last 2k games and a 400 break even stretch after a 70buy in down swing has happened to me twice.

For a player who doesnt care if they bust or are willing to switch to another game with more lax bankroll needs then sure 100 buy ins is perfect fine. Or if you are playing 4 or less tables just for fun. Then yes you are right I think.

In JeanGrae's article on BR management on pocketfives she recommends an 880$ BR for 4/180's.

imo, a monkey with a mouse can beat the 4/180s for over 50% over ANY sample size
Which SNG 18 45 90 oe 180 returns the highest ROI ? Quote
08-04-2009 , 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCuster_911
more players at the same BI level usually equates to higher ROI....

If you are playing on a limited roll than play like 18-45 men non turbos..but if you are at 200$ you could easily grind the 2$ 180 men turbo and see a 50% ROI(not entirely sure whats average here but this should be fairly standard for a good player)
I have a 60% ROI over a 500 game sample there, and I spew all day np. The $2.20/180s are great for br building.
Which SNG 18 45 90 oe 180 returns the highest ROI ? Quote
08-04-2009 , 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonfox
imo, a monkey with a mouse can beat the 4/180s for over 50% over ANY sample size
LOL, that's could be true but I don't agree on the sample size: if you play just 100 games you need a good amount of luck,if you play 1000 maybe your ROI could be around 50%.
It's true that they are soft, but usually donks are lucky so you need to take in count some variance.

Last edited by ettorek; 08-04-2009 at 03:56 AM.
Which SNG 18 45 90 oe 180 returns the highest ROI ? Quote
08-04-2009 , 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonfox
imo, a monkey with a mouse can beat the 4/180s for over 50% over ANY sample size
I dont see what relevance this has to anything? Are you saying your ROI is way hgher then mine and that a 70 buy in downswing isnt standard?

or are you saying they are standard and you are a monkey with a mouse because your just barely over 50%?

I'm confused
Which SNG 18 45 90 oe 180 returns the highest ROI ? Quote
08-04-2009 , 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by norwoodmatt1010
just play the 45s as there is less variance. and in terms of $ per hour i would say they are at least equal to 180s. the 18s are good too as variance is even lower but obv roi is less again. 100 BI is plenty for 45s but tight for 180s. but in terms of playing the most ******ed players the 180s are excellent. i much prefer the prize structure in the 45s though.
POPPYCOCK!!

A good win rate at $12 180s is around $4.60 per game. 45s same stake region is $2.20 per game, well for the ss leaders with huge volume anyway.
45 man takes 80 mins, 180 takes between 110 mins and that's the long end of the average. That makes around $1.60 an hour for 45s and $2.50 an hour for a 180 man. 20 tabling would obv see $32 an hour for 45s and $50 an hour for 180s. Niiiiiiiiiiite. (do point out maths screw ups but pretty sure it's right)
Which SNG 18 45 90 oe 180 returns the highest ROI ? Quote
08-04-2009 , 07:49 AM
obv it takes longer to 20 tables a 180 sesh but by how much? prob 20 in about 3 hrs 180s and 20 in 2 hrs 45s?
Which SNG 18 45 90 oe 180 returns the highest ROI ? Quote
08-04-2009 , 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagzToRiches
obv it takes longer to 20 tables a 180 sesh but by how much? prob 20 in about 3 hrs 180s and 20 in 2 hrs 45s?
it takes about 4 hours to win a non turbo180 sometimes longer

3 1/2 is a fast one

Either way 100 buy ins is not a big enough bankroll for someone taking the game very seriously on their own dime at any game 180 person +.
Which SNG 18 45 90 oe 180 returns the highest ROI ? Quote
08-04-2009 , 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by limpcallall
I dont see what relevance this has to anything? Are you saying your ROI is way hgher then mine and that a 70 buy in downswing isnt standard?

or are you saying they are standard and you are a monkey with a mouse because your just barely over 50%?

I'm confused
just telling OP he is rolled for the 4/180s because he is better than a monkey with a mouse.
was not directed at you
Which SNG 18 45 90 oe 180 returns the highest ROI ? Quote
08-04-2009 , 11:32 AM
so much anger itt

180s have the highest roi return versus 18s/45s/90s

/thread
Which SNG 18 45 90 oe 180 returns the highest ROI ? Quote

      
m