Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

No Limit Tournaments Discussion about online and live No Limit tournament hands and strategy.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009, 01:07 AM   #1101
Indiana
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: clicking buttons
Posts: 9,972
Re: *** Official STTf February kakkendaaliluukku Thread - No lame BBV ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
For someone who claims to have matured greatly over a few years, you sound exactly the same.

Start thread/post about how group of people on that forum are making a mistake by doing whatever they're successfully doing. Lots of hand-waving and condescending tones. Someone calls you out on it, you refer to how successful/wealthy you are irl (which nobody cares about) and how whatever marginal success you're having in poker is awesome because of your other life awesomeness.
aight' bones:

Indiana is offline  
Old 02-20-2009, 01:09 AM   #1102
SlackerMcFly
Poet Laureate
 
SlackerMcFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Bustoland
Posts: 5,186
Re: *** Official STTf February kakkendaaliluukku Thread - No lame BBV ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana View Post
And oh yeah....

SlackerMcFly is offline  
Old 02-20-2009, 01:12 AM   #1103
cha59
ARTist
 
cha59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: I like meat.
Posts: 25,030
Re: *** Official STTf February kakkendaaliluukku Thread - No lame BBV ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana View Post
yes to all your questions, im still immature on the forums, but nothing like i used to be. i spouted too much in the past and regret it, and took out my personal struggles on the forum too much.

but you live and learn, i've had a lot of trials that transformed who i am as a person, and through studying hard at poker i made a lot of cash and realized how wrong i was in lots of spots.

its all good, live and learn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana View Post
eagles,

when ur capable of being a top scientist in the california biotech industry working 60hrs a week and still pwning the 115s HUSNGS at 10% ROI over 20K games you let me know. until then STFU.

anybody can beat higher stakes if poker is all they think about.

**** you im going home
this speaks for itself.
cha59 is offline  
Old 02-20-2009, 01:18 AM   #1104
dave1mo
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,821
Re: *** Official STTf February kakkendaaliluukku Thread - No lame BBV ***

Is trolling the **** thread ok as long as you have enough posts?
dave1mo is offline  
Old 02-20-2009, 01:31 AM   #1105
SlackerMcFly
Poet Laureate
 
SlackerMcFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Bustoland
Posts: 5,186
Re: *** Official STTf February kakkendaaliluukku Thread - No lame BBV ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1mo View Post
Is trolling the **** thread ok as long as you have enough posts?
Ask in the "Ask Slacker thread".

I don't have enough troll posts.....
SlackerMcFly is offline  
Old 02-20-2009, 01:33 AM   #1106
Indiana
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: clicking buttons
Posts: 9,972
Heart Re: *** Official STTf February kakkendaaliluukku Thread - No lame BBV ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1mo View Post
Is trolling the **** thread ok as long as you have enough posts?
im just having a good time screwin' around and u guys know its fun

ok no more posts im gone for another 2 yrs...enjoy your boring lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Indiana is offline  
Old 02-20-2009, 01:51 AM   #1107
DevinLake
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DevinLake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 17,019
Re: *** Official STTf February kakkendaaliluukku Thread - No lame BBV ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana View Post
eagles,

when ur capable of being a top scientist in the california biotech industry working 60hrs a week and still pwning the 115s HUSNGS at 10% ROI over 20K games you let me know. until then STFU.

anybody can beat higher stakes if poker is all they think about.

**** you im going home
I was going to stay out of this Indy bashing theme. But, this simply is not true.

The high level science I worked on was much easier than beating high stakes. Science is pretty one dimensional, you either have the intellect and instinct, or you don't. Poker requires both those, plus so many other factors, emotional and otherwise.

Also, you'd think that being able to be a top scientist would enable someone to figure out how to co-exist in such an invaluable community as 2p2. Something you were never able to pick up on Indy.
DevinLake is offline  
Old 02-20-2009, 01:55 AM   #1108
DevinLake
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DevinLake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 17,019
Re: *** Official STTf February kakkendaaliluukku Thread - No lame BBV ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana View Post
working 60hrs a week and still pwning the 115s HUSNGS at 10% ROI over 20K games you let me know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana View Post
im just having a good time screwin' around and u guys know its fun

ok no more posts im gone for another 2 yrs...enjoy your boring lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hmmm....working 60 hrs a week, and playing poker on the side. Sign me up for the excitement that is Indiana's life.
DevinLake is offline  
Old 02-20-2009, 02:19 AM   #1109
waterwolves
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
waterwolves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 11,557
Re: *** Official STTf February kakkendaaliluukku Thread - No lame BBV ***

go to take a piss in bar bathroom....

writing on wall reads

"f me"

"ok"

"whare and when"

and I think people are smart enough to figure out poker why?
waterwolves is offline  
Old 02-20-2009, 02:46 AM   #1110
Ditch Digger
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Ditch Digger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 9,989
Re: *** Official STTf February kakkendaaliluukku Thread - No lame BBV ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterwolves View Post
go to take a piss in bar bathroom....

writing on wall reads

"f me"

"ok"

"whare and when"

and I think people are smart enough to figure out poker why?
I love bathroom art.



Ditch Digger is offline  
Old 02-20-2009, 02:53 AM   #1111
Eagles
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Eagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saving the season
Posts: 13,022
Re: *** Official STTf February kakkendaaliluukku Thread - No lame BBV ***

Indy,
You completely missed the point. Its not that I'm laughing at people who play small stakes. We were all there, in fact basically every successful poker player ever has been there. The fact is you are so over confident despite the fact that you are pretty mediocre at poker. In my experience the guys who do best are those with small egos who admit they have leaks and constantly try and get better. The guys who get decent and think they are hot **** typically get stagnant and stay mediocre for a long time. They also typically whine the most and blame their downswings on running terribly.

edit: And while it doesn't really matter I'm not working 60 hours a week in the california biotech industry, because I'm still in school and have 0 interest in it. I'm not going to tell other people how to live their lives but if I was working 60 hours a week in biotechnology I would be pretty ****ing miserable.
Eagles is offline  
Old 02-20-2009, 03:06 AM   #1112
xPeru
Pooh-Bah
 
xPeru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SNE @ life; home in Peru
Posts: 4,192
Re: *** Official STTf February kakkendaaliluukku Thread - No lame BBV ***

Meh, I've just had my first losing day at cash for 23 days ... minus $34. Won a 5400FPP sat, so up for the day, but I can't believe how much this tiny loss is now irritating me. Some days poker sucks even when you're up.
xPeru is offline  
Old 02-20-2009, 03:10 AM   #1113
Pudge714
Modding All Day
 
Pudge714's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Frazier >>>>> Chilly
Posts: 39,104
Re: *** Official STTf February kakkendaaliluukku Thread - No lame BBV ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimon View Post
I need help guys! So for my finance class we are doing a stock market simulation game and depending on how well you do in this game is going to be your grade for this assignment. We start with 500k and we can't buy more than 10% of any stock and cannot invest more than 70% of your portfolios in stock. This simulation is only going to last about 3 months. Anyone got any ideas on what to invest in? We can buy options, short and many other things. I want to play it safe so I don't want to take too much risk or take too little. Ideally I want to end up in the middle of the pack. Thank you!
How exactly does the marking system work? A lot of times they reward 1st/2nd place, in which case taking huge gambles is +EV (although that makes the entire exercise irrelevant imo). I am not really an expert in this at all, but especially since I just finished Fooled by Randomness, which I highly recommend. Realistically though three months is such a short time that it is very unlikely you will be anywhere close to your expected earnings, so even with an awesome portfolio you will need to run hot.
Pudge714 is offline  
Old 02-20-2009, 03:13 AM   #1114
SlackerMcFly
Poet Laureate
 
SlackerMcFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Bustoland
Posts: 5,186
Re: *** Official STTf February kakkendaaliluukku Thread - No lame BBV ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles View Post
The guys who get decent and think they are hot **** typically get stagnant and stay mediocre for a long time. They also typically whine the most and blame their downswings on running terribly.
For a college student, you are pretty sharp. Summed up my whole poker career in that single post. Seriously. Good reality check imo.
SlackerMcFly is offline  
Old 02-20-2009, 05:47 AM   #1115
blackize
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
blackize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,521
Re: *** Official STTf February kakkendaaliluukku Thread - No lame BBV ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPeru View Post
Meh, I've just had my first losing day at cash for 23 days ... minus $34. Won a 5400FPP sat, so up for the day, but I can't believe how much this tiny loss is now irritating me. Some days poker sucks even when you're up.
Heh I'm down 7 buyins today and 5 below all in EV. But what I'm irritated about is the two hands where I got AK in pre against fish who were not 3betting near wide enough.

PokerStars Game #25131095458: Hold'em No Limit ($1/$2) - 2009/02/19 18:13:41 ET
Table 'Leda V' 6-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: blackize ($203 in chips)
Seat 2: Remoh007 ($452.50 in chips)
Seat 3: Targaryen ($200 in chips)
Seat 4: sneaklong ($305 in chips)
Seat 5: BigYahoo ($33 in chips)
Seat 6: Buzty99 ($89.80 in chips)
sneaklong: posts small blind $1
BigYahoo: posts big blind $2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to blackize [Kd Ad]
Buzty99: calls $2
blackize: raises $7 to $9
Remoh007: folds
Targaryen: folds
sneaklong: raises $7 to $16
BigYahoo: folds
Buzty99: folds
blackize: raises $28 to $44
sneaklong: raises $28 to $72
blackize: raises $131 to $203 and is all-in
sneaklong: calls $131
*** FLOP *** [2h 7c Qh]
*** TURN *** [2h 7c Qh] [Qc]
*** RIVER *** [2h 7c Qh Qc] [9c]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
sneaklong: shows [Ac As] (two pair, Aces and Queens)
blackize: mucks hand
sneaklong collected $407 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $410 | Rake $3
Board [2h 7c Qh Qc 9c]
Seat 1: blackize mucked [Kd Ad]
Seat 2: Remoh007 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: Targaryen (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: sneaklong (small blind) showed [Ac As] and won ($407) with two pair, Aces and Queens
Seat 5: BigYahoo (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 6: Buzty99 folded before Flop

PokerStars Game #25133487431: Hold'em No Limit ($1/$2) - 2009/02/19 19:27:09 ET
Table 'Lydia' 6-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 2: nilsson ($274.30 in chips)
Seat 3: blackize ($326.50 in chips)
Seat 5: LKlap11 ($397.50 in chips)
Seat 6: Tarantula ($201 in chips)
Tarantula: posts small blind $1
nilsson: posts big blind $2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to blackize [Kd Ac]
blackize: raises $5 to $7
LKlap11: calls $7
Tarantula: folds
nilsson: raises $17 to $24
blackize: raises $34 to $58
LKlap11: folds
nilsson: raises $42 to $100
blackize: raises $226.50 to $326.50 and is all-in
nilsson: calls $174.30 and is all-in
Uncalled bet ($52.20) returned to blackize
*** FLOP *** [3d 6h 9d]
*** TURN *** [3d 6h 9d] [Qc]
*** RIVER *** [3d 6h 9d Qc] [6c]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
nilsson: shows [Ah As] (two pair, Aces and Sixes)
blackize: mucks hand
nilsson collected $554.60 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $556.60 | Rake $2
Board [3d 6h 9d Qc 6c]
Seat 2: nilsson (big blind) showed [Ah As] and won ($554.60) with two pair, Aces and Sixes
Seat 3: blackize mucked [Kd Ac]
Seat 5: LKlap11 (button) folded before Flop
Seat 6: Tarantula (small blind) folded before Flop
blackize is offline  
Old 02-20-2009, 08:44 AM   #1116
Indiana
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: clicking buttons
Posts: 9,972
Re: *** Official STTf February kakkendaaliluukku Thread - No lame BBV ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles View Post
Indy,
You completely missed the point. Its not that I'm laughing at people who play small stakes. We were all there, in fact basically every successful poker player ever has been there. The fact is you are so over confident despite the fact that you are pretty mediocre at poker. In my experience the guys who do best are those with small egos who admit they have leaks and constantly try and get better. The guys who get decent and think they are hot **** typically get stagnant and stay mediocre for a long time. They also typically whine the most and blame their downswings on running terribly.

edit: And while it doesn't really matter I'm not working 60 hours a week in the california biotech industry, because I'm still in school and have 0 interest in it. I'm not going to tell other people how to live their lives but if I was working 60 hours a week in biotechnology I would be pretty ****ing miserable.
Eagles how do you know that im mediocre at poker? Ur missing the point, playing the higher stakes requires thinking about the game more and if you have less time to do so its best to stick to mid stakes and crush them for pretty good $$.

I dont think you realize how many guys on this forum wouldnt even be break even at poker if all of the smart PhDs in just 1-2 top companies quit their jobs and focused on thinking about poker all day. The reason that you and many others have crushed the game is all about the competition that you're playing against.

I am 100% sure that if i had more time to think about poker i'd be playing the 550s not the 115s and crushing them as well, but i dont need the moniez and the swings of the game at that level are tough for a guy who has to wake up at 6am everyday and rush to work for a 7am meeting.
Indiana is offline  
Old 02-20-2009, 09:03 AM   #1117
clownklauen
banned
 
clownklauen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: diabolical morbidity
Posts: 2,409
Re: *** Official STTf February kakkendaaliluukku Thread - No lame BBV ***

lol this guy is obv a walking level

you suck at every important aspect of life concerning social skillz

10% at HUsngs doesnt make up for that.but nevermind,youre obv an arrogant prick.enjoy yourself,i enjoy reading your vomit and never having to meet you in rl and your kind.
clownklauen is offline  
Old 02-20-2009, 09:06 AM   #1118
MadScientist
veteran
 
MadScientist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Laser Lab
Posts: 2,794
Re: *** Official STTf February kakkendaaliluukku Thread - No lame BBV ***

Indiana, as someone who is finishing up a PhD. in laser physics, I disagree that most PhDs could beat poker. They don't have the emotional temperament to do so. In addition, many are extremely risk averse in their lives. I see fundamental leaks in their common sense thinking. That is to say, they are good at their specialized field, but not at generalized reasoning or game playing.
Seriously, you never hear you colleagues talking about the stock market and realize what huge fish they are? (this is not a slight to them, their value to society, or worth as human beings. Fish are people too and are some of my best friends tbh. )

BTW, if you want to play HU cash, whatever stakes, I'm up for it. Say 1k hands, you pick the number of tables and stakes. Call it the battle of the scientists. Also, even though I think you are kind of trolling this thread, I am interested in your area of research and you likely would be interested in my medical physics project. If you want to talk, PM me.

Edit: Though if you meant say the top 5% at poker playing ability of all PhDs quit their jobs and dedicated 3 years to poker, then you would probably be right, but that is different than all PhDs.

Last edited by MadScientist; 02-20-2009 at 09:14 AM.
MadScientist is offline  
Old 02-20-2009, 09:30 AM   #1119
bones
Winner of 'The Toughest SNG of All Time'
 
bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: the streets
Posts: 10,386
Re: *** Official STTf February kakkendaaliluukku Thread - No lame BBV ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana View Post
Eagles how do you know that im mediocre at poker? Ur missing the point, playing the higher stakes requires thinking about the game more and if you have less time to do so its best to stick to mid stakes and crush them for pretty good $$.

I dont think you realize how many guys on this forum wouldnt even be break even at poker if all of the smart PhDs in just 1-2 top companies quit their jobs and focused on thinking about poker all day. The reason that you and many others have crushed the game is all about the competition that you're playing against.

I am 100% sure that if i had more time to think about poker i'd be playing the 550s not the 115s and crushing them as well, but i dont need the moniez and the swings of the game at that level are tough for a guy who has to wake up at 6am everyday and rush to work for a 7am meeting.
Quote:
Someone calls you out on it, you refer to how successful/wealthy you are irl (which nobody cares about) and how whatever marginal success you're having in poker is awesome because of your other life awesomeness.
As far as having time to think about poker as a requisite for beating high stakes, you have 7800 posts (on this screenname- those of us who were around remember you having others) on a poker forum. How much ****ing time do you need?
bones is offline  
Old 02-20-2009, 09:31 AM   #1120
Indiana
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: clicking buttons
Posts: 9,972
Re: *** Official STTf February kakkendaaliluukku Thread - No lame BBV ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
Indiana, as someone who is finishing up a PhD. in laser physics, I disagree that most PhDs could beat poker. They don't have the emotional temperament to do so. In addition, many are extremely risk averse in their lives. I see fundamental leaks in their common sense thinking. That is to say, they are good at their specialized field, but not at generalized reasoning or game playing.
Seriously, you never hear you colleagues talking about the stock market and realize what huge fish they are? (this is not a slight to them, their value to society, or worth as human beings. Fish are people too and are some of my best friends tbh. )

BTW, if you want to play HU cash, whatever stakes, I'm up for it. Say 1k hands, you pick the number of tables and stakes. Call it the battle of the scientists. Also, even though I think you are kind of trolling this thread, I am interested in your area of research and you likely would be interested in my medical physics project. If you want to talk, PM me.

Edit: Though if you meant say the top 5% at poker playing ability of all PhDs quit their jobs and dedicated 3 years to poker, then you would probably be right, but that is different than all PhDs.
yah u make good points...i suppose i just feel that there are many guys, not just phd, who have time limitations and real jobs/careers so they dont play poker at a high level. If they did wake up to ONLY poker every day like many in this forum, however, the games would be different.

Thanks for the challenge but i barely have time to take the fishy moniez these days and im trying to stay focused and get up to the higher stakes in spite of my limited time so i dont wanna get distracted at the moment.

Ok i've "trolled" enough, see u guys in 3 yrs
Indiana is offline  
Old 02-20-2009, 09:38 AM   #1121
Josem
human chemical weapon
 
Josem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Getting Trolled
Posts: 17,957
Re: *** Official STTf February kakkendaaliluukku Thread - No lame BBV ***

I think the application, the self-discipline, to play high quality poker is such an important attribute.

I certainly don't have it, and am pretty confident that if I did, I'd probably be a lot better at poker than I am.

It's like someone who is great at driving... except for the steering part. Having the time to study (and actually doing it) is a crucial part of playing poker, and people who disregard it miss the point, imo.
Josem is offline  
Old 02-20-2009, 09:46 AM   #1122
rudyard
journeyman
 
rudyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 346
Re: *** Official STTf February kakkendaaliluukku Thread - No lame BBV ***

I think most of the best online poker players could pwn a PHD if they put their mind to it.

Many already are!
rudyard is offline  
Old 02-20-2009, 11:07 AM   #1123
AMT
Charlie Brown of MTTs
 
AMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: wat
Posts: 17,737
Re: *** Official STTf February kakkendaaliluukku Thread - No lame BBV ***

Hi everyone,

On anything re: Indiana's trolling/inane claims:

Him continuing, or anyone else biting back, will incur my wrath in the form of a ban + infraction points.

That said, if you all want to discuss what it takes to be a poker pro or whatever, by all means. Just don't draw Indy's way of saying 'hello' to STTF again into the matter. It's enough.
AMT is offline  
Old 02-20-2009, 11:10 AM   #1124
AMT
Charlie Brown of MTTs
 
AMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: wat
Posts: 17,737
Re: *** Official STTf February kakkendaaliluukku Thread - No lame BBV ***

On a more intellectually stimulating note, I got this in an email fwd yesterday:


Quote:
HELL EXPLAINED BY CHEMISTRY STUDENT
>
>
>
> The following is an actual question given on a University of Washington
>
> chemistry mid term.
>
>
>
>
>
> The answer by one student was so 'profound' that the professor shared it
>
> with colleagues, via the Internet, which , of course, is why
>
> we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well:
>
>
>
>
>
> Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs
>
> heat)?
>
>
>
> Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas
>
> cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or
>
> some variant.
>
>
>
> One student, however, wrote the following:
>
>
>
> First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need
>
> to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell
>
> and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume
>
> that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no
>
> souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at
>
> the different religions that exist in the world today.
>
>
>
> Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their
>
> religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of
>
> these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we
>
> can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death
>
> rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase
>
> exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell
>
> because Boyle 's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure
>
> in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand
>
> proportionately as souls are added.
>
>
>
> This gives two possibilities:
>
>
>
> 1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter
>
> Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will
>
> increase until all Hell breaks loose.
>
>
>
> 2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell,
>
> then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell
>
> freezes over.
>
>
>
> So which is it?
>
>
>
> If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman year
>
> that, 'It will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you,'
>
> and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number
>
> two must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic
>
> and has already frozen over! The corollary of this theory is that since Hell
>
> has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls
>
> and is therefore, extinct......leaving only Heaven, thereby proving the
>
> existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept
>
> shouting 'Oh my God.'
>
>
>
>
>
> THIS STUDENT RECEIVED AN A+
>
>
>

>
>
>
>
AMT is offline  
Old 02-20-2009, 11:39 AM   #1125
Pudge714
Modding All Day
 
Pudge714's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Frazier >>>>> Chilly
Posts: 39,104
Re: *** Official STTf February kakkendaaliluukku Thread - No lame BBV ***

MadSci,
Laser physics sounds made up imo .

All (note I didn't say Indy so I can't get demodded--> infracted --> banned,

Poker skill isn't directly correlated with intelligence. There are a lot of people who are smarter than successful poker players, but aren't good at poker. Some of this is because they haven't studied poker, but some of it is because they don't have a natural aptitude to be good at poker. I am sure there are tons of people who would be awesome at poker, who chose other fields, but that doesn't mean that people who chose those fields would be awesome at poker. Affirming the consequent imo.

AMT,
That has been around for awhile and is the equivalent of the student who wrote Why not? on a philosophy exam and got an A.
My favorite one http://www.snopes.com/college/exam/barometer.asp
http://www.snopes.com/college/exam/hell.asp it's been around since 1997 really on the ball Alex

Last edited by Pudge714; 02-20-2009 at 11:43 AM. Reason: marijuana makes you slow imo
Pudge714 is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive