Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
live MTT team - idea live MTT team - idea

09-22-2010 , 06:17 PM
heya, ive had an idea that i want to put into motion, i want to post it ehre to get any tips ideas etc you might have, maybe someone else here has done something similar before also?


Basicly, iw as thinking of setting up a small team (maybe 4-5 people) of trustable poker players we all have a lot of time for and respect each others games. (I have one eprson apart from mysdelf so far).

the plan is to keep on working in our regular jobs, but enter 1 or 2 tournies a month. starting off in small buyins, and hopefully keep escalating until we hit the higher ones. starting off in the 50-150 range is the plan... theres a 100 + 20 charity event with 100K guaranteed coming uip in a week and a half in the EPT london, and that sounds great. might start it off there.

Any time were playing a pre-agreed tournament (like that EPT one) i want to have a pre-arranged tournament winnings splitting formula. any ideas what a good way to pslit this up is? i want to make it fairly complex (not for the sake of it, but to make it cover different things in the right way). i was thinking that if the cahs is big enough, cover everyones hotel/travel costs (which will be cheaper cos were going together) then the winner gets 20% of winnings, and the other 80% is split between all team memebrs who entered. (including the winning player) somethi8ng like that...


after this i want to play events in the 500 range with the winnings we make from the smaller tournaments, and then keep escalating until were rolled for 10,000 events.



Anyway... thats it in a nutshell... its more in depth than that but my break at work is about to finish. so what do you think? let me know. any comments are appreciatted.
live MTT team - idea Quote
09-22-2010 , 07:16 PM
Count me in.
live MTT team - idea Quote
09-22-2010 , 07:18 PM
in
live MTT team - idea Quote
09-22-2010 , 07:20 PM
in
live MTT team - idea Quote
09-22-2010 , 07:23 PM
in if theres room for one more!
live MTT team - idea Quote
09-22-2010 , 07:27 PM
this post has inspired me to form my own team...i'm gonna kick this team's ass!!!
live MTT team - idea Quote
09-22-2010 , 07:33 PM
Found a good series for us to start with... 4 day NLHE series in Valkenburg.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/festival.php?a=r&n=7455

Does anyone know if the Netherlands withholds any money for taxes?
live MTT team - idea Quote
09-22-2010 , 07:36 PM
Netherlands does not withold taxes afaik

edit: well, they do if you play online, but not offline
live MTT team - idea Quote
09-22-2010 , 09:36 PM
i dont see why this needed insta-trolling... its a genuine idea and i was jsut after genuine thoughts
live MTT team - idea Quote
09-22-2010 , 09:56 PM
Is the team full?

Last edited by Langerdang; 09-22-2010 at 09:57 PM. Reason: it is isn't it :(
live MTT team - idea Quote
09-23-2010 , 01:59 AM
In and excited about it.
live MTT team - idea Quote
09-23-2010 , 02:02 AM
I'm in for sure if p3rc4's in
live MTT team - idea Quote
09-23-2010 , 02:04 AM
100% in if moneymatt is in
live MTT team - idea Quote
09-23-2010 , 02:08 AM
interested, find me on skype
live MTT team - idea Quote
09-23-2010 , 02:19 AM
don't make me ride the pine forever coach; put me in!
live MTT team - idea Quote
09-23-2010 , 02:29 AM
zomg zomg, op is genius! innnnnnnn!
live MTT team - idea Quote
09-23-2010 , 02:30 AM
room for a fat 1?
live MTT team - idea Quote
09-23-2010 , 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moffo
room for a fat 1?
ur too fat, gtfo!

Last edited by Protential; 09-23-2010 at 02:45 AM. Reason: j/k <3 u moffo :3
live MTT team - idea Quote
09-23-2010 , 03:23 AM
haha "I want to make it fairly complex" is such a great line. Engineers everywhere just died a little inside.
live MTT team - idea Quote
09-23-2010 , 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT_fold
Found a good series for us to start with... 4 day NLHE series in Valkenburg.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/festival.php?a=r&n=7455

Does anyone know if the Netherlands withholds any money for taxes?
if you guys go here id love to meet up for beers
live MTT team - idea Quote
09-23-2010 , 08:30 AM
I feel like this idea needs to be expanded with the large amount of interest.

Perhaps a team of 20-30. Would this make it TOO complex though? I know you wanted it complex but this may just be a little far.

Any physics majors?
live MTT team - idea Quote
09-23-2010 , 08:39 AM
i heard the russians started a team for the rpt/rps


THEYRE EVEN SELLING ACTION


also im in. lets do a 5on5 most cashes battle in oddessa
live MTT team - idea Quote
09-23-2010 , 08:42 AM
definitely in if profmike and moneymatt are
live MTT team - idea Quote
09-23-2010 , 08:52 AM
i would like to join augies team... he has so nice teeth
live MTT team - idea Quote
09-23-2010 , 08:57 AM
Theres no money in live MTT's everybody is teamed.
live MTT team - idea Quote

      
m