Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

nj.partypoker.com Sponsored Support forum for Party Poker's New Jersey poker room.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2015, 09:25 PM   #1
PokerPunFun
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 208
GSSS Ticket Exchange Policy

I believe PartyPoker/Borgata is treating the players unfair with a recent decision to change their policy AFTER the GSSS has completed.

This policy is regarding players who have won multiple entries into the same event.

Their policy is very clearly stated both on their website, and in the automated email players receive when winning a seat.

From website, directly linked to from every Tournament lobby:


http://nj.partypoker.com/how-to-play...urnaments.html

Example of email:

Congratulations on winning tournament entry to GSSS #19 Mid - $5,000 GTD PLO 6Max! You are now registered to take part in the tournament on 20-JAN-2015 18:02:07 (ET). You can see the details by going to ‘My tournaments’ in the client.

Please note: you cannot exchange or transfer your first won entry to this tournament. Any further entries you win will be paid into your account in tournament dollars.

See you at the tables,
Your partypoker team


They have made it clear, in my opinion, that after your first ticket is won any extra tickets will be converted to $T.

I also agree that it is generous of them to allow unused tickets to unplayed events to be used in the daily majors rather than expire. If you decided to play a satellite to an event, won it, then decided to not play it, you should be grateful for what they offer. Even if they were more generous in the past.

However, it is not fair to change your policy AFTER the series has ended on multiple tickets to the same tournament.

I have already made a formal complaint, got a response, and sent in the paperwork to the DGE.

I recommend anyone else in a similar situation to do the same.

To those who just played satellites, then unregistered the events, I don't think your argument is valid. (unless I suppose you won multiple seats. Then I think you should be entitled to $T for all but one of them)
PokerPunFun is offline  
Old 01-27-2015, 11:25 PM   #2
ghost_of_m
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 658
Re: GSSS Ticket Exchange Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerPunFun View Post
I believe PartyPoker/Borgata is treating the players unfair with a recent decision to change their policy AFTER the GSSS has completed.

This policy is regarding players who have won multiple entries into the same event.

Their policy is very clearly stated both on their website, and in the automated email players receive when winning a seat.

From website, directly linked to from every Tournament lobby:


http://nj.partypoker.com/how-to-play...urnaments.html

Example of email:

Congratulations on winning tournament entry to GSSS #19 Mid - $5,000 GTD PLO 6Max! You are now registered to take part in the tournament on 20-JAN-2015 18:02:07 (ET). You can see the details by going to ‘My tournaments’ in the client.

Please note: you cannot exchange or transfer your first won entry to this tournament. Any further entries you win will be paid into your account in tournament dollars.

See you at the tables,
Your partypoker team


They have made it clear, in my opinion, that after your first ticket is won any extra tickets will be converted to $T.

I also agree that it is generous of them to allow unused tickets to unplayed events to be used in the daily majors rather than expire. If you decided to play a satellite to an event, won it, then decided to not play it, you should be grateful for what they offer. Even if they were more generous in the past.

However, it is not fair to change your policy AFTER the series has ended on multiple tickets to the same tournament.

I have already made a formal complaint, got a response, and sent in the paperwork to the DGE.

I recommend anyone else in a similar situation to do the same.

To those who just played satellites, then unregistered the events, I don't think your argument is valid. (unless I suppose you won multiple seats. Then I think you should be entitled to $T for all but one of them)

You make some great points. Yet I feel like you are over-thinking parts of this, without thinking through all of these decisions.

After logging in and being screwed over in many events by crashes and disconnections, it is not unreasonable that somebody would un-register themselves from tournaments. People had no reasonable expectation of being able to finish these tournaments. And some people were disconnected at inconvenient times when they couldn't even register for tournaments.

People need to be given tournament dollars for every ticket they earned, period. The daily majors are nice, but very few of the tickets were $100. You cannot have a parallel policy. Whatever their original intentions, it was doomed to change this policy after the fact without getting their system in working order.
ghost_of_m is offline  
Old 01-27-2015, 11:51 PM   #3
PokerPunFun
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 208
Re: GSSS Ticket Exchange Policy

I agree with you players need to be taken care of that were screwed over.

However, the players who just played the sattys bc of overlay, in hopes of getting easy $t to flip for cash in sngs don't deserve the same consideration imo.

I also wanted to make it clear that "swapping all unused tickets" is not, and has never been the "the policy". Yes they have done it in past series,but the policy on website and emails is clear.
PokerPunFun is offline  
Old 01-29-2015, 01:41 PM   #4
PokerBacking
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 70
Re: GSSS Ticket Exchange Policy

They also had a bug where a specific tournament ticket wasn't chosen for the entry, and instead a generic ticket would be used (if you had both in your inventory)
PokerBacking is offline  
Old 01-29-2015, 02:03 PM   #5
ghost_of_m
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 658
Re: GSSS Ticket Exchange Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerBacking View Post
They also had a bug where a specific tournament ticket wasn't chosen for the entry, and instead a generic ticket would be used (if you had both in your inventory)
Exactly this happened to me in at least one case. This is another reason they should just honor all tickets.
ghost_of_m is offline  
Old 01-29-2015, 02:07 PM   #6
ghost_of_m
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 658
Re: GSSS Ticket Exchange Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerPunFun View Post
I agree with you players need to be taken care of that were screwed over.

However, the players who just played the sattys bc of overlay, in hopes of getting easy $t to flip for cash in sngs don't deserve the same consideration imo.

I also wanted to make it clear that "swapping all unused tickets" is not, and has never been the "the policy". Yes they have done it in past series,but the policy on website and emails is clear.
The official written policy is less relevant here. This is a case where many people never had the chance to use some tickets, if they happened to be disconnected or have a crash at the worst possible time. With all of the stability problems they have had, splitting hairs over the letter of the policy is the wrong discussion IMHO. All tickets should be converted to Tournament $, full stop.
ghost_of_m is offline  
Old 01-29-2015, 02:29 PM   #7
murdahc
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,228
Re: GSSS Ticket Exchange Policy

I wish we could get some comments from somebody from the casino board or whoever regulates these NJ sites. It might be in Party's T&C concerning these tickets, but I question the legality of these terms in the state of New Jersey.
murdahc is offline  
Old 01-29-2015, 02:34 PM   #8
ghost_of_m
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 658
Re: GSSS Ticket Exchange Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdahc View Post
I wish we could get some comments from somebody from the casino board or whoever regulates these NJ sites. It might be in Party's T&C concerning these tickets, but I question the legality of these terms in the state of New Jersey.
Wow. The point you raise is extremely powerful and relevant.

I don't know the answer. But I do suspect that nobody from DGE is going to comment regarding something that could be a specific legal dispute that will eventually be litigated.

DGE has a dual mandate. On the one hand they are there to protect us as consumers. But they are also there to protect the casino industry and specific operators as well. This dual role inherently creates the risk of conflicts. So in matters where consumer and service provider may eventually have a legal dispute, I am almost 100% sure they have a policy to never comment publicly taking one side or the other.
ghost_of_m is offline  
Old 01-29-2015, 06:22 PM   #9
PokerPunFun
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 208
Re: GSSS Ticket Exchange Policy

Well I assume you all have contacted the NJDGE as well. Hopefully we will be hearing back soon.

Shame on any who haven't.
PokerPunFun is offline  
Old 01-29-2015, 06:24 PM   #10
PokerPunFun
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 208
Re: GSSS Ticket Exchange Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_of_m View Post
Exactly this happened to me in at least one case. This is another reason they should just honor all tickets.
No, this is a reason they should honor all tickets that were affected by whatever bug this is.
PokerPunFun is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online