Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

nj.partypoker.com Sponsored Support forum for Party Poker's New Jersey poker room.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2016, 09:55 PM   #51
FatalFlaws
centurion
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: south jersey
Posts: 189
Re: GSSS Geolocation issues

all tourneys gone from lobby
FatalFlaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 09:59 PM   #52
SetzerG
adept
 
SetzerG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 901
Re: GSSS Geolocation issues

ridiculous
SetzerG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 10:06 PM   #53
AllinNoRubbers
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 205
Re: GSSS Geolocation issues

so if the tourneys are cancelled when can we expect to see refunds? will it be refunds or will it be partial chip chop etc. i know this has happened in past on njparty so hoping a person with first hand knowledge can chime in. thanks
AllinNoRubbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 10:14 PM   #54
FatalFlaws
centurion
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: south jersey
Posts: 189
Re: GSSS Geolocation issues

in the past the have always refunded by chip stack at the time of the issue, and only to players still in the tourney, usually by the next day
FatalFlaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 10:16 PM   #55
AllinNoRubbers
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 205
Re: GSSS Geolocation issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalFlaws View Post
in the past the have always refunded by chip stack at the time of the issue, and only to players still in the tourney, usually by the next day
ok thanks
AllinNoRubbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 11:03 PM   #56
MrAce777
adept
 
MrAce777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 831
Re: GSSS Geolocation issues

https://twitter.com/partypokerUS Looks like the current GSSS and upcoming GSSS tournaments are cancelled.

Quote:
Please note that due to geolocation issues we have cancelled the remainder of this evening's schedule including running/upcoming GSSS events. We are currently working on this issue and will endeavor to have the solution completed as soon as possible. We'd like to apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.
MrAce777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 11:32 AM   #57
Party_Rep NJ
Party NJ Rep
 
Party_Rep NJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Edison, NJ
Posts: 167
Re: GSSS Geolocation issues

We apologize for the lack of communication thus far. We are working towards providing a resolution and want to have answers to your questions before beginning to address the situation. Your patience is greatly appreciated during this time.

Thank you.
Party_Rep NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 11:55 AM   #58
SlotJockey
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 117
Re: GSSS Geolocation issues

LOLLLLLLLLLL

every year. so either GOD hates partypoker or hates those who play the big tourney series every year at partypoker

when will you dumbasses learn by now and stop expecting partypoker to deliver a reliable service.
SlotJockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 01:25 PM   #59
AllinNoRubbers
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 205
Re: GSSS Geolocation issues

I'm not one to bash a company at every chance like some of the depressed souls in this forum but how do you have a sponsored thread on here and not issue a statement for over 12 hours. Like what is the point? not to mention the statement is useless. An estimated time frame for refunds would be nice. I mean isshhh happens I get it, but how you address the players is well within your control. I didn't get an email or anything yet. For casual players not on this forum they have no clue at all what is happening. If you can't develop software to handle a large series maybe that can be excused(maybe not), but you only need one person to type out an email and hit send so that players are aware of what is going on.
AllinNoRubbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 01:40 PM   #60
BallPeenHammer
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 562
Re: GSSS Geolocation issues

I agree so much with AllInNoRubbers here.
BallPeenHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 02:55 PM   #61
Party_Rep NJ
Party NJ Rep
 
Party_Rep NJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Edison, NJ
Posts: 167
Re: GSSS Geolocation issues

We appreciate everyone's continued patience. We are currently in the final stages of our data analysis from last night. More updates to follow.
Party_Rep NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 02:56 PM   #62
Party_Rep NJ
Party NJ Rep
 
Party_Rep NJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Edison, NJ
Posts: 167
Re: GSSS Geolocation issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllinNoRubbers View Post
I'm not one to bash a company at every chance like some of the depressed souls in this forum but how do you have a sponsored thread on here and not issue a statement for over 12 hours. Like what is the point? not to mention the statement is useless. An estimated time frame for refunds would be nice. I mean isshhh happens I get it, but how you address the players is well within your control. I didn't get an email or anything yet. For casual players not on this forum they have no clue at all what is happening. If you can't develop software to handle a large series maybe that can be excused(maybe not), but you only need one person to type out an email and hit send so that players are aware of what is going on.
As soon as our process is complete and I can offer a solid resolution and be able to clear this up I will do so.
Party_Rep NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 05:23 PM   #63
Automatic Loser
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 31
Re: GSSS Geolocation issues

Just received an e-mail. They are paying out based on chip counts AFTER the tournament was already screwed for at least 30 minutes i.e. AFTER PEOPLE WERE STEALING BLINDS FOR MULTIPLE ORBITS!

This can't be accepted.
Automatic Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 05:36 PM   #64
Petar8
centurion
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 106
Re: GSSS Geolocation issues

Yeah, looks like the few who were still logged on stealing everyone's blinds made out the best. Not right.
Petar8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 05:49 PM   #65
BallPeenHammer
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 562
Re: GSSS Geolocation issues

Wow... cannot believe this is the solution they came up with.
BallPeenHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:11 PM   #66
BallPeenHammer
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 562
Re: GSSS Geolocation issues

Just ran the numbers and I lost out on $575 of equity between the time the disconnect occurred and the time they are deciding to count chips. On hold on phone right now and will be reporting to NJ DGE. Please keep us updated on what you guys are doing because I'd love to know what you're all doing to take action as well.
BallPeenHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:19 PM   #67
printingmoney
grinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 459
Re: GSSS Geolocation issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallPeenHammer View Post
Just ran the numbers and I lost out on $575 of equity between the time the disconnect occurred and the time they are deciding to count chips. On hold on phone right now and will be reporting to NJ DGE. Please keep us updated on what you guys are doing because I'd love to know what you're all doing to take action as well.
I need to redo the math since I'm about $340 short of what I thought I SHOULD receive based on icm at the time of the disconnect. Even if it's after I'm short around 200+. I wonder if they removed any overlay.
printingmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:21 PM   #68
Brilliant27
will autograph for free
 
Brilliant27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NJ MTTs as Brilliant27/YouPayMyRent
Posts: 4,394
Re: GSSS Geolocation issues

I got screwed out of about $229 equity. Wp party poker. I cannot wait until your next garden state series! Please give us the dates so that I can mark it on my calendar!
Brilliant27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:22 PM   #69
BallPeenHammer
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 562
Re: GSSS Geolocation issues

To be clear - they are not using any ICM algorithms to pay out the prize pool. And I do not believe they have removed any overlay.

Your refund amount was calculated in four parts:

You received the equivalent of the prize money that would have been paid out to the next eliminated player. If the prizes had not been reached yet, this amount will be zero.
50% of the remaining prize pool was divided equally among all the players left in the tournament.
The next 50% of the remaining prize pool was divided among the players left in the tournament based on chip counts at the time of cancellation.
If you paid an entry fee, this has been refunded to your account.
BallPeenHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:45 PM   #70
printingmoney
grinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 459
Re: GSSS Geolocation issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallPeenHammer View Post
To be clear - they are not using any ICM algorithms to pay out the prize pool. And I do not believe they have removed any overlay.

Your refund amount was calculated in four parts:

You received the equivalent of the prize money that would have been paid out to the next eliminated player. If the prizes had not been reached yet, this amount will be zero.
50% of the remaining prize pool was divided equally among all the players left in the tournament.
The next 50% of the remaining prize pool was divided among the players left in the tournament based on chip counts at the time of cancellation.
If you paid an entry fee, this has been refunded to your account.
With that my math is off by about $2 (which I assume is some kind of rounding error on their part), but I am off an entire buy-in as well. I assume this is because I satellited in? If I am correct how is it right for them to not refund me the buy in considering the satellite tournament took money from other players.
printingmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 07:52 PM   #71
FatalFlaws
centurion
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: south jersey
Posts: 189
Re: GSSS Geolocation issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automatic Loser View Post
Just received an e-mail. They are paying out based on chip counts AFTER the tournament was already screwed for at least 30 minutes i.e. AFTER PEOPLE WERE STEALING BLINDS FOR MULTIPLE ORBITS!

This can't be accepted.
Agreed, we need need refunds based on our chip stacks at the time the problems occurred, NOT stack sizes when they paused...I was basically blinded out by the time they paused...and some players were blinded out completely...lol does that mean they get no refund??
FatalFlaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 08:54 PM   #72
chrisp200
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 459
Re: GSSS Geolocation issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalFlaws View Post
Agreed, we need need refunds based on our chip stacks at the time the problems occurred, NOT stack sizes when they paused...I was basically blinded out by the time they paused...and some players were blinded out completely...lol does that mean they get no refund??
If you guys can't do this, then you have to refund everyones buyin. Otherwise, this is completely F'D!
chrisp200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 09:34 PM   #73
Brilliant27
will autograph for free
 
Brilliant27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NJ MTTs as Brilliant27/YouPayMyRent
Posts: 4,394
Re: GSSS Geolocation issues

You should also run a $100,000 freeroll Oct 30th for all affected players in my opinion
Brilliant27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 11:35 AM   #74
chrisp200
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 459
Re: GSSS Geolocation issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilliant27 View Post
You should also run a $100,000 freeroll Oct 30th for all affected players in my opinion
That wouldn't please me because I drove in from Pittsburgh, PA to play this past weekend.
chrisp200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 02:48 PM   #75
Party_Rep NJ
Party NJ Rep
 
Party_Rep NJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Edison, NJ
Posts: 167
Re: GSSS Geolocation issues

I completely understand the point you have. If you feel as if you lost a significant amount of chips that would have lowered your payout please contact customer support and make them aware. I can continue to relay the messages but raising the issue directly with CS is the best route.
Party_Rep NJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online