Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
*** Ultimate Poker General Discussion Thread *** See first post for FAQ link! *** Ultimate Poker General Discussion Thread *** See first post for FAQ link!

05-05-2013 , 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markksman
The best thing up can do is take almost all the feedback here with a grain of salt. They are running a business and the amount of silly things some of you say that are wholly self serving is hard to digest.

Lot is going to change and this is the first step. Business as usual and catering to grinders is not going to be their key to success. They are a well versed casino company they know where the money is.

I just get bemused reading through here and seeing people freak out or offer horrible suggestions that run counter to actually being hyper successful in the Us. That landscape is not something the nickle grinder is probably going to find to friendly.

I seriously hope they don't lean to heavily on feedback from here. Most of it is horrible when it comes to what will make the site successful which will then hopefully lead to expanded adoption in further areas.

The tank some of you have lived in for your online poker lives is not the environment where successful poker will be in the US. Since up and station got out first I want them to succeed. If they just try to recreate poker of the last ten plus years that will not happen because someone else will offer the environment the masses want.

Saying there is no way to protect or cater to recreational players is dumb. That is exactly what they should do. The guy who figured that out might have amassed millions and millions of us players in the next ten years. I have to assume others will be coming behind. I don't know how big a jump they got at up but it is a good start but it is not an insurmountable lead.

Bottom line is the site(s) the grinders like the best and the site(s) the recreational players like the best will be mutually exclusive. You know which site wins that battle right?
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. We've heard your rhetoric before. All I'm saying is run the game the same as you would expect in one of their casinos. We get that you suck at poker. Go play pai gow or something you'll lose less or slower than at poker.
05-05-2013 , 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trup_qq
Why wouldn't you guys fire off a $100 freeroll to see how the software handles an MTT as opposed to doing it with up to $20k on the line?
We wanted the $10,000 Sundays to be the first regulated online poker tourney in the USA.

Scott

Last edited by Scottyy; 05-05-2013 at 01:05 AM.
05-05-2013 , 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by altruizine
I have tried a Samsung phone on T-Mobile and an Iphone on At&T. Got an "Unable to Verify Location" with both. I get the texts and respond to them. I live in Las Vegas and have only tried this from my home.I've waited 2 days and Customer Service hasn't been able to give me anything but a canned response about Verizon not working. I know they are swamped and trying their best. Any help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
We think we may have a fix Monday.

Scott
05-05-2013 , 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ozBacardi
Guess I'll take you word on that.

Was not my question though!

Interesting. I wonder why they would want to discontinue a Nevada LLC and organize outside of Nevada?
Would a mod mind banning this guy? Either he's an enormous troll or really stupid; neither of which are helpful itt.
05-05-2013 , 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyy
We think we figured out your issue, should have a fix on Monday.

Scott
Can you offer any details?
05-05-2013 , 01:02 AM
Do you think this site will have more players than say bovada in the near future?
05-05-2013 , 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markksman
The best thing up can do is take almost all the feedback here with a grain of salt. They are running a business and the amount of silly things some of you say that are wholly self serving is hard to digest.

Lot is going to change and this is the first step. Business as usual and catering to grinders is not going to be their key to success. They are a well versed casino company they know where the money is.

I just get bemused reading through here and seeing people freak out or offer horrible suggestions that run counter to actually being hyper successful in the Us. That landscape is not something the nickle grinder is probably going to find to friendly.

I seriously hope they don't lean to heavily on feedback from here. Most of it is horrible when it comes to what will make the site successful which will then hopefully lead to expanded adoption in further areas.

The tank some of you have lived in for your online poker lives is not the environment where successful poker will be in the US. Since up and station got out first I want them to succeed. If they just try to recreate poker of the last ten plus years that will not happen because someone else will offer the environment the masses want.

Saying there is no way to protect or cater to recreational players is dumb. That is exactly what they should do. The guy who figured that out might have amassed millions and millions of us players in the next ten years. I have to assume others will be coming behind. I don't know how big a jump they got at up but it is a good start but it is not an insurmountable lead.

Bottom line is the site(s) the grinders like the best and the site(s) the recreational players like the best will be mutually exclusive. You know which site wins that battle right?
Thank you, well stated
05-05-2013 , 01:15 AM
Im a row player so i cant play on your site (from where i am) but i just want to sent my congrats too your new site and all the american players.

I hope you soon can play all over usa.

I canīt stop comparing locks and your support Seriously you do a good job imo.

Now if you could get a support guy to help sevencard asap that would be awesome, he have a hard live i guess ? but is a nice guy and a true pokerenthuiast.
05-05-2013 , 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyy
We need to walk before we run. I think the largest tourney we ran in testing with real people was less than 40 players. If everything goes alright, next Sunday will be capped at 400 players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trup_qq
Why wouldn't you guys fire off a $100 freeroll to see how the software handles an MTT as opposed to doing it with up to $20k on the line?
trup-qq, What you've quoted is the answer.

Last edited by IMM; 05-05-2013 at 01:49 AM.
05-05-2013 , 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by altruizine
Tried it with LTE on and off. Still not working, but thanks for the reply
No problem. I'm 99.999% sure you're going to want LTE off, so I'd keep it off if I were you, and that will be one less potential issue for you.
05-05-2013 , 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by z4reio
Would a mod mind banning this guy? Either he's an enormous troll or really stupid; neither of which are helpful itt.
Or just pull all of his posts (and responses to him) out of this thread and create a separate conspiracy theory thread similar to what was done with the tax discussion. That way he can rant on and on to his heart's content without disrupting this ongoing discussion about the day-to-day operation of UP.
05-05-2013 , 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyy
If this happen, I would refund your $100 - asking the CTO just to be sure.

Scott
Cool. Thanks. I'm (now much more patiently) watching to see if you guys write anything into the rules as far as specifically being (dis)allowed to be on the same IP/in the same room as another player and in the same MTT, cash game, etc. Keep up the good work, guys and girls.
05-05-2013 , 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trup_qq
Cool. Thanks. I'm (now much more patiently) watching to see if you guys write anything into the rules as far as specifically being (dis)allowed to be on the same IP/in the same room as another player and in the same MTT, cash game, etc. Keep up the good work, guys and girls.
Their rules have only partially addressed this issue.

Quote:
Yes, friends, relatives, and acquaintances are allowed to play at the same table. You are expected to play as competitively against them as you would anyone else, and you especially can't share information about the hands you are holding with them. You also can't make any secret playing agreements with them. This is considered collusion and is strictly prohibited. Ultimate Poker monitors play to ensure that no collusion takes place between players.
I know that PokerStars had the ability to block certain players from playing at the same cash or SNG table. They would not block them from the same MTT. Sometimes they would do this because the players had a record of playing from the same IP address or because there was some other reason to suspect collusion.

I actually had PS block me from playing at tables with my brother when we were both grinding SNGs. He lived on the other side of the country and they had no reason to block us. I asked them to do it just as a convenience so I did not have to worry about collusion accusations being an issue, and I would not have to try to avoid him when registering.
05-05-2013 , 02:31 AM
Is the rake dealt/contributed/weighted-contributed? Do you see it changing once the VIP program goes into effect?

For the record I purchard a AT&T Samsung SGH-a157 from Walmart for $15 and it works as well if you want to add it to the burner phone list.

Last edited by Chalupacabra007; 05-05-2013 at 02:41 AM.
05-05-2013 , 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalupacabra007
Is the rake dealt/contributed/weighted-contributed? Do you see it changing once the VIP program goes into effect?
Rake is only dealt/contributed etc. once a vip program is put into place. Right now, it's just rake.
05-05-2013 , 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timormson
they wont overtake pokerstars worldwide..
and if pokerstars gets into NJ, then THEY have a great chance at
being #1 in the U.S.
They are the Maserati of the poker world.
I think UP just needs a good market share
I don't think trying to overtake pokerstars is an attainable dream
In three years about 15% chance Pokerstars is biggest site. In five years zero percent chance. Do people not realize these companies getting into the game are much bigger than stars? States will follow as will countries. In five years stars might be struggling to be a top five site. All depends on the dominos falling. While stars will likely be in nj I see them having a tougher time in many other states

Nevada and Up are now setting the tone. Other states will follow and at some point state pools will be shared. I don't see a federal oversight on this at all except to make way for states to share player pools.

I don't think some of you understand how many people just in the us never played online poker because it has ALWAYS been ultra shady. In fact one of the Nevada sites biggest hurdles will be making it clear this is not your dads shady online poker.
05-05-2013 , 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroPointMachine
Their rules have only partially addressed this issue.



I know that PokerStars had the ability to block certain players from playing at the same cash or SNG table. They would not block them from the same MTT. Sometimes they would do this because the players had a record of playing from the same IP address or because there was some other reason to suspect collusion.

I actually had PS block me from playing at tables with my brother when we were both grinding SNGs. He lived on the other side of the country and they had no reason to block us. I asked them to do it just as a convenience so I did not have to worry about collusion accusations being an issue, and I would not have to try to avoid him when registering.

Ah, ok. Thank you very much for bringing me completely up to speed. Much appreciated.
05-05-2013 , 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parisron
Yea for $15/night, I mean no biggie for a day or 2 but I'm not doing that long term.

I am platinum so waive resort fee but no free wifi.
Maybe you should try a station hotel. See if they set you up with free wifi.
05-05-2013 , 03:57 AM
the FIRST thing I would do at the station casinos is use some banquet hall space and set up a room with at least 100 monitors so the tourists or new sign ups could go and play and not worry about phone triangulation or disconnects. I mean don't they WANT more foot traffic in their casino.......ISNT THAT THE MAIN IDEA.
. have a semi live quasi tournament there every weekend and offer promotions and free snacks or food. it would rock for the nfl season.
.just set up cubicles with a computer monitor in it and those nice cushy office chairs..sort of like the horse race/sportbooks around vegas
05-05-2013 , 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by z4reio
Rake is only dealt/contributed etc. once a vip program is put into place. Right now, it's just rake.
Well for those trying to see if they have enough rake to qualify for the VMWare reimbursement would probably like to know and it's obvious that it's being done in some manner now.
05-05-2013 , 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalupacabra007
Well for those trying to see if they have enough rake to qualify for the VMWare reimbursement would probably like to know and it's obvious that it's being done in some manner now.
Didn't realize there was a rake award currently. Apologies.
05-05-2013 , 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjljr2
Just for the record, in my case, my IP geolocates 15 miles away (also in Nevada, near Fremont street). My phones (one AT&T and one T-mobile, LTE is off ) both LBS right here where I am (Henderson), within 5 seconds tops, using the demo link that is provided in the FAQ. However, my success rate is zero. I just tried 5 times just now again, just to add more 'statistics'. I do hope you someday get it figured out. Hate having to miss the tourney though.

In my case I wonder (hope?) it is simply the case that my location is being serviced by Verizon towers and the issue is Verizon related, even though I don't use Verizon service. So I will check again when(if?) Verizon allows you to use their LBS.
Hopefully the NCB, NGC will approve other methods of verification in the near future.

It could be as simple as providing a copy of your hard copy phone bill, proof of address etc. especially those near any border.

Although this is just the beginning, Nevada sites have 30 days after you register to make sure you say who you are therefore additional verification will come down the pipes.

Nevada also has strict encryption laws so be prepared to provide your personal information encrypted and NOT by regular email.
05-05-2013 , 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyy
We think we may have a fix Monday.

Scott
You might have a fix for Verizon?
05-05-2013 , 05:42 AM
What's been the average player traffic and peak?
05-05-2013 , 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtens
What's been the average player traffic and peak?
http://www.pokerscout.com/SiteDetail...=UltimatePoker

Quote:
24 Hour Peak: 272
7 Day Average: 109
Now: 87

      
m