Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
*** Ultimate Poker General Discussion Thread *** See first post for FAQ link! *** Ultimate Poker General Discussion Thread *** See first post for FAQ link!

05-02-2013 , 01:10 AM
Hopefully the legalization in Nevada, NJ and Delaware will open the flood gates to most if not all states legalizing as well and linking into a nationwide player pool.
05-02-2013 , 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admranger
I owe you a drink next time you are in Vegas and I have cash.

Thanks!

I knew I should have come to this thread earlier.
Now I get an "Account Status: Action Required" message. Seriously? I'm on at&t. I received the text and replied (and received a reply). Now what?

Nevermind...email verification (why didn't it just say that?). If I were on only one computer <cough, my mac, cough>, it would be easier.

Let's see how the deposit goes.

It certainly does appear to take a determined person to get an account set up. That needs to be streamlined to get the masses who aren't on 2p2 to join up in significant numbers.
05-02-2013 , 01:15 AM
Sorry if this has already been answered but it wasn't in the first post and I'm not gonna go looking through 80 pages. Also I couldn't find it on the ultimate poker website. Are you able to withdraw in the same way you can deposit, as in you can go to a station casino and ask to withdraw from your account and they give you cash? Thanks for the help.
05-02-2013 , 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admranger
Now I get an "Account Status: Action Required" message. Seriously? I'm on at&t. I received the text and replied (and received a reply). Now what?
Close the client and login again.
05-02-2013 , 01:19 AM
Since I have Verizon and will most likely have to purchase one of the AT&T prepaid phones, will the initial prepaid phone card last forever? Or when UP runs the location services is the data being used/charged to the prepaid card which would result in purchasing more cards down the road? Just curious how this works.
05-02-2013 , 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mist
Since I have Verizon and will most likely have to purchase one of the AT&T prepaid phones, will the initial prepaid phone card last forever? Or when UP runs the location services is the data being used/charged to the prepaid card which would result in purchasing more cards down the road? Just curious how this works.
The phone is $15 and you have to start with $25 plan, I think its 250 min. and unlimited texts. That is good for 30 days only, then you can get $15 reload and I think your minutes roll over also but that only for another 30 days, however if you do $25 reload then its good for 90 days.

Maybe you don't even need to reload if your not using the phone for anything but getting pinged, I'm not sure about that. But you will need to get a text to cash out so at that point you would need to reload for sure.
05-02-2013 , 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pozzerman
Sorry if this has already been answered but it wasn't in the first post and I'm not gonna go looking through 80 pages. Also I couldn't find it on the ultimate poker website. Are you able to withdraw in the same way you can deposit, as in you can go to a station casino and ask to withdraw from your account and they give you cash? Thanks for the help.
Yes 
05-02-2013 , 01:26 AM
I think if you set it up by the minute you will only get charged for the couple of texts that you need to get started. It does not appear to charge for the location service. So, a cheap card should last for a while.
05-02-2013 , 01:30 AM
When the kid set me up at Target I saw the computer when he made my account and the cheapest start option was $25 plan.

I just read the paper, minutes don't roll over and if you don't reload within 60 days of expiration then they cancel you.
05-02-2013 , 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mist
Since I have Verizon and will most likely have to purchase one of the AT&T prepaid phones, will the initial prepaid phone card last forever? Or when UP runs the location services is the data being used/charged to the prepaid card which would result in purchasing more cards down the road? Just curious how this works.
It doesn't use data or minutes. All that needs to happen is your phone on and have a good signal and the tower can see it and determine location.

When your prepaid minutes expire. Technically it would still work. The carrier may or may not respond to the location request as the phone isn't active...
05-02-2013 , 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroPointMachine
ZeroPointMachine
old hand
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Unable to Verify Nevada Location
Posts: 1,625
Nice
05-02-2013 , 01:34 AM
[IMG][/IMG]
05-02-2013 , 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parisron
When the kid set me up at Target I saw the computer when he made my account and the cheapest start option was $25 plan.

I just read the paper, minutes don't roll over and if you don't reload within 60 days of expiration then they cancel you.
You don't need the plan.

Target has an AT&T phone for $15 and you can get a $15 card or they have a $20 T-mobile that you can get with a $10 card.

I know the T-mobile can be set up by the minute and will basically last you for 100 texts.

I don't know if the AT&T one can be set up by the minute or if it has to be a 30 day with limited minutes type.

I bought both today but I already returned the AT&T one and don't remember the options.
05-02-2013 , 01:41 AM
So no chance getting around with a vpn eh
05-02-2013 , 01:54 AM
I will likely be returning the phone anyway and hopefully getting my plan money back also, because I was able to use my Iphone for location verification only if connecting my laptop from wifi but only bought the phone so I could use my Iphone as hotspot for laptop while playing but when I do that it won't verify so the new phone is useless to me, I still won't be able to use hotspot for playing.

Do you know what the Target return policy is for the phone and plan?
05-02-2013 , 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parisron
I will likely be returning the phone anyway and hopefully getting my plan money back also, because I was able to use my Iphone for location verification only if connecting my laptop from wifi but only bought the phone so I could use my Iphone as hotspot for laptop while playing but when I do that it won't verify so the new phone is useless to me, I still won't be able to use hotspot for playing.

Do you know what the Target return policy is for the phone and plan?
I don't know about the plan. Prepaid cards are junk once you activate them. They will take the phone back no problem.
05-02-2013 , 02:10 AM
50bb poker? lulz
its easy Ultimate poker, you want a good site? copy every aspect of the best software out their currently(PS or FTP) every feature or thing they do just add to yours. then make tweaks from their. They been doing this for 10 years before you and got a lot of good things in place or solved by now based on Feedback. don't try and reinvent the wheel
05-02-2013 , 02:17 AM
Currently at 11:15pm here in Vegas UP has 27 tables going....not too shabby for just it's 2nd day of operation.

When there are 100bb tables and we can enlarge the tables to fit our screens I'll join too weee!
05-02-2013 , 02:22 AM
Looks like the long version of the number worked to finally get verified fwiw. Thanks
05-02-2013 , 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveActionPro
Lol at online in NV. The only people that know about this are hard core poker players. The action is going to suck. Gl to this site.
Lol at this. I work at a Stations casino and they are advertising like crazy. Even the valets are handing out info on it to guests. Plus it was on all the tv news here and newspapers. Also there was an add at Times Square yesterday...all the poker sites are talking about it....and the UFC is advertising it on their site and will be pumping it to all their fans on tv and at their events. The propaganda is rolling my friend. Haters gonna hate.
05-02-2013 , 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TicKinTiMeBomB
50bb poker? lulz
its easy Ultimate poker, you want a good site? copy every aspect of the best software out their currently(PS or FTP) every feature or thing they do just add to yours. then make tweaks from their. They been doing this for 10 years before you and got a lot of good things in place or solved by now based on Feedback. don't try and reinvent the wheel
that's right tick!
05-02-2013 , 02:30 AM
pleasantly surprised to see a decent rake model. was expecting something horrific and it seems the same as ftp stars?? maybe even a touch better?
05-02-2013 , 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasdanes
Lol at this. I work at a Stations casino and they are advertising like crazy. Even the valets are handing out info on it to guests. Plus it was on all the tv news here and newspapers. Also there was an add at Times Square yesterday...all the poker sites are talking about it....and the UFC is advertising it on their site and will be pumping it to all their fans on tv and at their events. The propaganda is rolling my friend. Haters gonna hate.
I have been watching the games for two days while trying to sort out the verification issue. I am literally on complete life tilt at how good these games look.
05-02-2013 , 02:35 AM
Haha. You'll get 'em tiger!
05-02-2013 , 02:39 AM
lol at the 50bb structure.....please tell me they are planning on fixing this at some point. Do they actually have anyone that plays poker helping them with this stuff?

      
m