Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
*** Ultimate Poker General Discussion Thread *** See first post for FAQ link! *** Ultimate Poker General Discussion Thread *** See first post for FAQ link!

05-01-2013 , 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmo0th10
I just read the past few pages. I have verizon and don't use windows. So I'm basically SOL correct?
basically
05-01-2013 , 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cl5150
I invision apartments in Nevada with huge USB power strips and hundreds of cells phones plugged in and some kid managing all the phones for people across the country soon lol.
good idea. sign me up!
05-01-2013 , 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulzgold
No HU tables ever if you care about rec players
gtfo
05-01-2013 , 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by z4reio
It is quite a surprise, in these threads, that people are considering ways to circumvent the laws. This isn't Party back in 05. The punishment will be different than when people used stolen credit cards to fund an overseas account, bounce checks or multi-account. That's one of the best things about regulated poker; all the cheats and fraudsters may actually get their due.
+1

Day 1 of online poker at last being legal and regulated since BF and people are already discussing ways of breaking the rules. *Facepalm*
05-01-2013 , 05:14 AM
This is a day I have been dreaming of for years. I commend you for helping launch this site. However, I find it hard to believe your support team didn't expect a huge volume of emails. Especially since you need a particular type of phone service to play. I have Metro PCS which I assume is worthless in this situation. If I buy a cheap pre paid minute AT@T phone will that work? And what type of special training do you need to verify ID at the casino cage? This is their job and would make this process go faster.
05-01-2013 , 05:27 AM
The phone thing does seem really silly. You HAD to know that tons of LV residents don't use the 3 carriers required. On top of that, it seems like you've not done very much testing as there are people in this thread with all of the requirements to play but are still locked out with their money in limbo.

It all seems so shortsighted.
05-01-2013 , 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piampjuice
And what type of special training do you need to verify ID at the casino cage? This is their job and would make this process go faster.
This has been addressed a dozen times already. Don't be critical if you don't understand the situation.
05-01-2013 , 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoGGz
It all seems so shortsighted.
This is probably why they did a launch without warning; only the hardcores will sign up, and they can work out the kinks. After all, everyone is used to 2+2ers bitching, so might as well do the beta on us.
05-01-2013 , 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleightOfJam
gtfo
hu CASH tables are AWFUL for a poker site in terms of rolling deposits over. They would be wise to never offer them.

What they should do is offer a variety of HU tournament types for those who wish to battle heads up. This will preserve the bad players longer and is much better for the ecosystem.
05-01-2013 , 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoGGz
hu CASH tables are AWFUL for a poker site in terms of rolling deposits over. They would be wise to never offer them.

What they should do is offer a variety of HU tournament types for those who wish to battle heads up. This will preserve the bad players longer and is much better for the ecosystem.
Better for the ecosystem is advertising. Seemed to work well in 02-06 - no one was complaining about hu cash then.

Having sites get involved in "protecting" fish is against the basic tenets of the game. Also, there will be no tracking sites, so this will bring hu back to where it once was.
05-01-2013 , 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by z4reio
Better for the ecosystem is advertising. Seemed to work well in 02-06 - no one was complaining about hu cash then.

Having sites get involved in "protecting" fish is against the basic tenets of the game. Also, there will be no tracking sites, so this will bring hu back to where it once was.
+1
05-01-2013 , 05:40 AM
You can still manage your ecosystem intelligently instead of having some of your worst players get insta slaughtered and quit forever.

Edit: just because you +1 an idea doesn't make that idea any better for the poker site. I'm writing what will help UP grow even if it costs the best players among us money. I think long term we need a strong player base, not short term profit slaughtering whales HU.
05-01-2013 , 05:41 AM
Any plans to completely ban dogs or babies when custom avatars are available?
05-01-2013 , 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoGGz
You can still manage your ecosystem intelligently instead of having some of your worst players get insta slaughtered and quit forever.
Why not just work on your game and destroy these players?

There is no "managing your ecosystem intelligently" other than letting the game play out as it was meant to be. You don't see the Aria or Bellagio protecting fish, why should we expect it online?

With advertised, legal and regulated US poker, all those rigtards will line up and give it another shot. There will be no hoops to jump through to deposit, just like there are none to play live. Gasp... there may actually be more players than live due to the fact you don't have to leave your house.

Last edited by z4reio; 05-01-2013 at 05:49 AM. Reason: perhaps write casinos and tell them how to better manage their blackjack players who already know they're going to lose?
05-01-2013 , 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoGGz
You can still manage your ecosystem intelligently instead of having some of your worst players get insta slaughtered and quit forever.

Edit: just because you +1 an idea doesn't make that idea any better for the poker site. I'm writing what will help UP grow even if it costs the best players among us money. I think long term we need a strong player base, not short term profit slaughtering whales HU.
Because only whales and 'the best among us' play hu? Not everyone wants to be forced to play 6max/fullring/donkaments...
05-01-2013 , 05:53 AM
By equating a poker room whale losing his money instantly to a shark with a casino having a whale lose his money quickly to the casino playing blackjack poorly you show that you don't understand.
05-01-2013 , 05:57 AM
Anyway, great job in this thread Dax.

You'll win over customers in droves with great customer service. I'm much more likely to check out UP this summer just because of your performance in this thread yesterday. Well done.
05-01-2013 , 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoGGz
By equating a poker room whale losing his money instantly to a shark with a casino having a whale lose his money quickly to the casino playing blackjack poorly you show that you don't understand.
All I know is Party had the first HU games, and that site thrived.

Why not illustrate what I'm misunderstanding instead saying I don't understand? That's not too persuasive of an argument, and the guys at this new site are smart enough to see that, so put your best foot forward and explain it if you really care about it.
05-01-2013 , 06:07 AM
Because I've learned that people don't change their mind in internet arguments. I already stated why I believe HU cash games are not good for the site. I even suggested an option of how to allow HU play without such a negative impact to the games. You disagreed with my position.

Party also had 2/4nl as it's highest game, no heads up tables and 50bb games for years. Even if you want Party to be UP's model for starting a site you may be waiting a long time to get your way.
05-01-2013 , 06:11 AM
Also,

How about you explain how a player playing against the casino is the same as a player playing against other players. That is the stretch we need to clarify before I attempt to persuade you as to why you are wrong.
05-01-2013 , 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoGGz
Because I've learned that people don't change their mind in internet arguments. I already stated why I believe HU cash games are not good for the site. I even suggested an option of how to allow HU play without such a negative impact to the games. You disagreed with my position.

Party also had 2/4nl as it's highest game, no heads up tables and 50bb games for years. Even if you want Party to be UP's model for starting a site you may be waiting a long time to get your way.
Back before Party offered NL games, they had up to 10/20 limit and offered it HU back in 2002. The advertising with Mike Sexton on WPT drove the traffic from 2,000 players to over 10,000 in a month. I think it's safe to say that advertising is most effective in increasing a business' bottom line. You know, it works in every other business, why not poker?

More customers = more rake = more profit. There's no need to strip players of their ability to win just to squeeze out more money.
05-01-2013 , 06:16 AM
yay!
05-01-2013 , 06:19 AM
SS of the lobby and games please
05-01-2013 , 06:22 AM
What is the best Internet service for me to get? Cox Internet service? Anyone have any opinions on this?
05-01-2013 , 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilliant27
What is the best Internet service for me to get? Cox Internet service? Anyone have any opinions on this?
It doesn't matter; bandwidth is of little concern for playing poker.

      
m