Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

House of Blogs I guess 2+2 is your blog.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2015, 08:14 PM   #476
El Diablo
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
El Diablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 70,787
Re: We in a rastamouse blog thread now

Rasta,

Keep up the good fight, man, maybe with your efforts someday the plight of the male virgin will finally be accorded the attention it deserves!
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 04:17 AM   #477
Rastamouse
temp-banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,710
Re: We in a rastamouse blog thread now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
I... just...
You went on a rant and ended up in a place we weren't even close to.

But okay - where do feminists virgin shame? Where is that?
Well I'm sorry Gizmo but your questions have been mysterious to say the least. It seems like you're trying to provoke an answer which you believe you're likely to disagree with but keeping your cards close to your chest on what your own beliefs are.

I wasn't ranting, I was simply trying to answer it as best I could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Rasta,

Keep up the good fight, man, maybe with your efforts someday the plight of the male virgin will finally be accorded the attention it deserves!
Its more men in general, and hey, indeed it is gaining traction

The Sexodus article attracted 20,000+ comments and spread far and wide from a relatively minescule media source.

Check out this debate from about a month or so ago called "Has Britain become hostile to blokes?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdbAxDdtMZs

This was from 'The Big Questions', a state-funded, highly left-wing BBC1 debate programme broadcast weekly on Sunday mornings. The talk is entering the mainstream and for the better. I sincerely believe it'll makes things better for both men and women as well as the relationships (of all kinds) between them.

Nevertheless, the fact that you and many others are perfectly willing to trivialise an issue which I think contributes hugely to things like male suicide/violence/school shootings etc. is also a reason for why the 'internet-nerd-virgin-stereotype' swings so far to the socio-political right when it comes to issues of social justice.

These are disposable men who now have a voice, and they're naturally, not particularly sympathetic towards blacks/muslims/women etc. all of whom have special interest groups working in their favour and who's societal plights are taken entirely seriously to the point where its social taboo to fail to do so.
Rastamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 04:20 AM   #478
GMLAW
veteran
 
GMLAW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,605
Re: We in a rastamouse blog thread now

Well **** me gently with a chainsaw. That's exactly what you said!

I said that the 'logic' (not the premisses) is scary...

Wishing you all the best.
GMLAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:31 AM   #479
Rastamouse
temp-banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,710
Re: We in a rastamouse blog thread now

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLAW View Post
Well **** me gently with a chainsaw. That's exactly what you said!

I said that the 'logic' (not the premisses) is scary...

Wishing you all the best.
I'm sorry but I'm still struggling to understand what the issue is, could you spell it out for me a little?

Are you upset by the conclusion or do you believe that my logic is faulty and has caused me to reach an incorrect conclusion?
Rastamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:56 AM   #480
GMLAW
veteran
 
GMLAW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,605
Re: We in a rastamouse blog thread now

It is the logic of prejudice.

Science shows that race A steals more than race B, so a person from race A who is not a criminal must be handicapped. (Women get sex easier then men, so a virgin-lady must be unattractive.)

Look I don't know if male virgins are that discriminated in the UK, but if you say so I'll believe it. But you can't make this point by discriminating another group (female virgins).

Again all the best and hoping you and your GF have a lovely week.
GMLAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 06:07 AM   #481
Absurdas
old hand
 
Absurdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,468
Re: We in a rastamouse blog thread now

You seem to assume that both men and women want to lose virginity equally. But, if there's ~even male to female ratio and it's far easier for one side to get laid it means that the other side wants it a lot more.
Absurdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 06:28 AM   #482
Rastamouse
temp-banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,710
Re: We in a rastamouse blog thread now

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLAW View Post
Look I don't know if male virgins are that discriminated in the UK, but if you say so I'll believe it. But you can't make this point by discriminating another group (female virgins).
That's not true sir, I specifically said that (and here's the key part assuming all things being equal and that she is keen on attaining sex, virginity past a certain age (for both genders, but more so for women) does indeed correlate with unattractiveness. That it correlates is utterly indisputable. Good looking people, male or female, get more sex than less good-looking people.

If you're keen on sex, not particularly fussy about quality of partners, but haven't attained it, you're obviously unattractive or handicapped in one way or another.

This is all a bit of a moot point anyway; away from the internet I can't begin to imagine finding out that a girl is a virgin before I can tell what she looks like. On top of that, my girlfriend in first year was a virgin and drop-dead gorgeous at that, with a lot of male attention.

As such, the fact that she was a virgin was clearly down to her own discerning choices as she had no shortage of admirers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absurdas View Post
You seem to assume that both men and women want to lose virginity equally. But, if there's ~even male to female ratio and it's far easier for one side to get laid it means that the other side wants it a lot more.
No not necessarily, I've prefaced each hypothetical with "presuming we're talking about two people who want to lose their virginity" and suchlike.

But yeah, men do want sex more (and are less fussy) than women. I would speculate that part of this is from the stigma against male virginity and the pressures men face to get it done, but also due to nature.
Rastamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:17 PM   #483
El Diablo
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
El Diablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 70,787
We in a rastamouse blog thread now

Rasta,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastamouse View Post
Nevertheless, the fact that you and many others are perfectly willing to trivialise an issue which I think contributes hugely to things like male suicide/violence/school shootings etc. is also a reason for why the 'internet-nerd-virgin-stereotype' swings so far to the socio-political right when it comes to issues of social justice.



These are disposable men who now have a voice, and they're naturally, not particularly sympathetic towards blacks/muslims/women etc. all of whom have special interest groups working in their favour and who's societal plights are taken entirely seriously to the point where its social taboo to fail to do so.

You raise a good point that it's finally about time white men started getting some social justice.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 02:10 PM   #484
gregorio
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 37,769
Re: We in a rastamouse blog thread now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastamouse View Post
These are disposable men who now have a voice, and they're naturally, not particularly sympathetic towards blacks/muslims/women etc. all of whom have special interest groups working in their favour and who's societal plights are taken entirely seriously to the point where its social taboo to fail to do so.
Good to see that racism's becoming such a social taboo in the UK.
gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:44 PM   #485
Rastamouse
temp-banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,710
Re: We in a rastamouse blog thread now

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Rasta,

You raise a good point that it's finally about time white men started getting some social justice.
To call it racism is really to indicate oneself as having led a very isolated existence.

Take this documentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te87cIh6tCM

These are the truly ignored proletariat. If Great Yarmouth was a town with an incredibly high ethnic minority population the government, Labour or Tory, would swoop in to do all they could to help it. Because they're ethnically British and can be dismissed easily with little political reprisal, they're left to rot. Just as the 1400 white children raped in Rotherham by exclusively Pakistani gangs were for so long. Shelly and Tracy from the council estate are the ones that don't matter in Britain, and what you call racism is simply an insurrection of the long-silent minority.

That isn't a defence of the likes of UKIP and Britain First, but its part of the explanation, just as the Treaty of Versailles did not excuse, but did go some way to explaining the economic misery and resorting to an extremist socialist, nationalist, racist party in Germany in the 1930s.
Rastamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 06:08 PM   #486
gregorio
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 37,769
Re: We in a rastamouse blog thread now

Aligning your views with national socialism is a good look!
gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 04:27 AM   #487
Rastamouse
temp-banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,710
Re: We in a rastamouse blog thread now

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregorio View Post
Aligning your views with national socialism is a good look!
No, what I'm saying is that a cocktail of economic misery and the disenfranchisement of being ignored by isolated elites in government is the prime cause of nationalism and racism.

I would like to stop this from happening, wouldn't you?

Anyway. The UK is very different from the US and a lot of posters need to realise this. Like I say, watch that documentary.
Rastamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:59 AM   #488
granddam
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 985
Re: We in a rastamouse blog thread now

Rasta, I feel a bit of sympathy for you. All those brains in your head, and no motivation in your butt.

I have come to the conclusion that this thread is a diversion for you. It's easier to spend your time in debate here than discovering the reasons that you are not motivated in real life. Debating here is easy for you. Probably learned this is the early grades. You do what's easy, but are terrified to attempt anything outside your comfort zone.

I think you'd benefit from a few therapy sessions. There is no sin in being mediocre at some of the things we try in life. We learn more from our failures.
granddam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 10:19 AM   #489
Rastamouse
temp-banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,710
Re: We in a rastamouse blog thread now

Quote:
Originally Posted by granddam View Post
Rasta, I feel a bit of sympathy for you. All those brains in your head, and no motivation in your butt.

I have come to the conclusion that this thread is a diversion for you. It's easier to spend your time in debate here than discovering the reasons that you are not motivated in real life. Debating here is easy for you. Probably learned this is the early grades. You do what's easy, but are terrified to attempt anything outside your comfort zone.

I think you'd benefit from a few therapy sessions. There is no sin in being mediocre at some of the things we try in life. We learn more from our failures.
What things should I be trying? What things am I trying that I'm mediocre at? What 'things outside my comfort zone' should I be trying? I went hang-gliding in Rio for instance, that was pretty scary.

Besides, I've passed the tests for the job I'm applying to and I am learning to drive. So there!

I don't want to apply for the likes of a big four accountancy firm as I'd rather get away with doing incredibly little work at the office and working 2 days a week from home for just over half the salary of a decent graduate job. I simply value freedom above money.
Rastamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 11:04 AM   #490
granddam
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 985
Re: We in a rastamouse blog thread now

Again, I offer no insult. None was intended. Nor was any criticism. You stated quite clearly earlier in this blog, that you felt depressed over what you felt was your lack of motivation.

I was merely making an observation. Apparently this issue has corrected itself. Amazing recovery, I might add.

Apologies if you were offended.
granddam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 11:37 AM   #491
El Diablo
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
El Diablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 70,787
Re: We in a rastamouse blog thread now

Rasta,

If you stay with this job, will you be able to move out of your parents' house?

Do you relate to the people in that video? Did you feel like they are actually putting in a reasonable effort to better their situations? Do you think things would be much better for them if it weren't for all the filthy immigrants?
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 02:10 PM   #492
Rastamouse
temp-banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,710
Re: We in a rastamouse blog thread now

Quote:
Originally Posted by granddam View Post
Again, I offer no insult. None was intended. Nor was any criticism. You stated quite clearly earlier in this blog, that you felt depressed over what you felt was your lack of motivation.

I was merely making an observation. Apparently this issue has corrected itself. Amazing recovery, I might add.

Apologies if you were offended.
Yeah that's ok.

As I say, working two days from home saves me the equivalent of a 3-4k raise as well as a fantastic amount of time. I can get my work done at home in literally like two hours. The company I work for has an owner making a passive income and bosses who don't have equity or incentive to improve things. Its an easy life.

Plus, there's stuff I can do with my time. Pass my driving test, get in shape at the gym, maybe learn a language etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Rasta,

If you stay with this job, will you be able to move out of your parents' house?

Do you relate to the people in that video? Did you feel like they are actually putting in a reasonable effort to better their situations? Do you think things would be much better for them if it weren't for all the filthy immigrants?
I won't, but the tradeoff simply isn't there. I can definitely be more choosy with what jobs I apply for.

I do need to move out to 'grow up' and suchlike, but at the same time my life is very comfortable indeed at the moment. I'd definitely stick with this job if I were say, 20 or so.

The people in the video are definitely people I relate to. Though I personally am middle-class I've grown up in a fairly working-class area of London and went to school/hung out with a lot of these kinds of people. I think they're all putting in a fair bit of effort to improve their situation or certainly would if they could, but are trapped in a cycle of poverty and welfare dependency that they aren't given opportunities to escape from.

Immigrants aren't filthy whatsoever and its very disingenuous to suggest that I'd say anything of the sort. Immigrants are immensely brave and determined people who have sadly, had to uproot and try and make it in another country and for that reason they deserve all the praise in the world.

The issue is overpopulation, devaluing of the labour market, a massive strain on the NHS and a catastrophic housing crisis. The UK isn't like any other country and you guys have to realise that.
Rastamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 03:38 PM   #493
El Diablo
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
El Diablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 70,787
Re: We in a rastamouse blog thread now

Rasta,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastamouse View Post
The UK isn't like any other country and you guys have to realise that.

Yep, nobody has it tougher than the Brits! Lol
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 06:32 PM   #494
Rastamouse
temp-banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,710
Re: We in a rastamouse blog thread now

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Yep, nobody has it tougher than the Brits! Lol
Are you trying to make your straw-man arguments obvious?

I'm simply pointing out that there's a lot of ignorance on this board about the UK.
Rastamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 06:46 PM   #495
Didace
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Didace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 16,356
Re: We in a rastamouse blog thread now

Once again, Rasta is a special case in a special country.
Didace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 06:52 PM   #496
El Diablo
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
El Diablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 70,787
We in a rastamouse blog thread now

Rasta,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastamouse View Post

I'm simply pointing out that there's a lot of ignorance on this board about the UK.

Please point out evidence of that from people's posts. What do you think people are ignorant about?

I, for one, lived in London for 8 years, have loads of friends and family around the UK, and am frequently there for business and pleasure. My last time there was for a week just a few months ago.

You say it is very different than the US. What is your basis for saying that? How much time have you spent in the states? Maybe the real issue is your ignorance about the rest of the world?
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 09:33 PM   #497
gregorio
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 37,769
Re: We in a rastamouse blog thread now

Toronto has the highest percentage of immigrants of any major city. About 50% of the population are immigrants and about 50%'s mother tongue isn't English. Canada has the highest highest proportion of immigrants among the G8 countries. Londoners and Brits don't know how easy they have it.
gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 04:37 AM   #498
Rastamouse
temp-banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,710
Re: We in a rastamouse blog thread now

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregorio View Post
Toronto has the highest percentage of immigrants of any major city. About 50% of the population are immigrants and about 50%'s mother tongue isn't English. Canada has the highest highest proportion of immigrants among the G8 countries. Londoners and Brits don't know how easy they have it.
Immigrants themselves aren't the issue and I wouldn't like to have less immigration for the sake of having fewer foreigners.

The issue is the housing crisis, a massive strain on the NHS, a clogged public transport system, fewer and fewer school places, stagnating wages and massive overcrowding in London as a result of what is quite simply, overpopulation.

Look, there's no point arguing about any of this when you've been indoctrinated by the richest and most powerful (who benefit from all of the above) to think that anyone who expresses any degree of concern about these issues is only doing so to cover for racism.
Rastamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 06:17 AM   #499
Fabian
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Fabian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 9,237
Re: We in a rastamouse blog thread now

So what's the current list?

1. Male virgins
2. Londoners
3. Brits
4. Men
15. Black people
Fabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 06:43 AM   #500
Gizmo
Hottest Khaleesi
 
Gizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 9 Ϟ
Posts: 11,936
Re: We in a rastamouse blog thread now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastamouse View Post
Immigrants themselves aren't the issue and I wouldn't like to have less immigration for the sake of having fewer foreigners.

The issue is the housing crisis, a massive strain on the NHS, a clogged public transport system, fewer and fewer school places, stagnating wages and massive overcrowding in London as a result of what is quite simply, overpopulation.

Look, there's no point arguing about any of this when you've been indoctrinated by the richest and most powerful (who benefit from all of the above) to think that anyone who expresses any degree of concern about these issues is only doing so to cover for racism.
So you think immigration is great, you don't want there to be less immigrants. But London is overpopulated. What, other than whining, would you have done? What's your solution, other than feeling trod upon?
Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online