Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Lbox's recycle bin Lbox's recycle bin

03-27-2016 , 07:17 PM
Age Differences & Dating In South Korea

Quote:
t is quite the norm for men in Korea to be much older than the girls and women they date or marry. Even Kim Soo Hyun said that he’ll get married to a 21 year old girl when he’s 41; and, here are some large age differences between a couple in Korea that is still just dating, a recently engaged couple in Korea and several married couples in Korea.

Baek Yoon Shik (actor): 30 years difference

Park Jin Young (JYP CEO): 9 years difference

Yang Hyun Suk (YG CEO): 12 years difference

Seo Tai Ji: 16 years difference

Lee Ju No: 23 years difference

For a longer list of married couples with BIG age gaps between them, check out this article; but, its not just older men and younger women who are falling in love, dating and tying the knot! Sometimes, it’s an older man and a younger man, too.

Kim Jo Kwang Soo (director, gay): 19 years difference

To take that statement where you were probably expecting it to go, in recent years it has become something of a trend for older women to date and even marry younger men– but not with such big age differences. For example, Baek Ji Young is nine years older than her husband, Jung Suk Won.
03-27-2016 , 07:37 PM
Wait, do you imply that you're seriously going to woo Tzuyu at some point? What do you expect from her in this hypothetical marriage?

Regarding the Mamma Mia video, is it correct that the Jiwon who had a blind date with Lee Jihoon there is the same Jiwon who then contested in the reality show 'Sixteen' in 2015? That's a funny coincidence if so! Forgive me if I'm way off - of course I've never considered watching Korean shows and don't distinguish Asian facial features well.

Last edited by coon74; 03-27-2016 at 07:51 PM.
03-27-2016 , 08:41 PM
Haha, that dating show has made my night - the news anchor totally owned the pianist guy , especially at 25:50-27:40!
Spoiler:
'Don't you remember that ad? Touch and you'll get a reaction!'

'I'll pay for lunch since I'm older'

'I have no purse. Can you pay? I'll wire the money to you later'

03-27-2016 , 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coon74 Lbox's recycle bin
Haha, that dating show has made my night - the news anchor totally owned the pianist guy , especially at 25:50-27:40!
Spoiler:
'Don't you remember that ad? Touch and you'll get a reaction!'

'I'll pay for lunch since I'm older'

'I have no purse. Can you pay? I'll wire the money to you later'

''It's no wonder she still single at 32'' that killed me haha.
03-27-2016 , 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coon74 Lbox's recycle bin
Wait, do you imply that you're seriously going to woo Tzuyu at some point? What do you expect from her in this hypothetical marriage?
I wish, my expectation are mostly personal fetishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coon74 Lbox's recycle bin
Regarding the Mamma Mia video, is it correct that the Jiwon who had a blind date with Lee Jihoon there is the same Jiwon who then contested in the reality show 'Sixteen' in 2015? That's a funny coincidence if so! Forgive me if I'm way off - of course I've never considered watching Korean shows and don't distinguish Asian facial features well.
Don't really watch Korean show since I learned mandarin instead of korean.
03-27-2016 , 08:55 PM
Ah, OK.

Those Jiwons look quite different, though, and I doubt a (then) 15-year-old old would be allowed onto a dating show. This Korean name is popular, I guess.
03-27-2016 , 09:00 PM
If you are interested by dating show, I used to watch 非诚勿扰 all the time when I was living in mainland. You can often see foreigners on that show, it's funny.
03-27-2016 , 09:26 PM
It's not that I'm a fan of dating shows, just it's funny to watch people scrutinising each other and trying to obey artificial-looking rituals instead of being themselves. I don't want to date, the process looks weird to me.
03-27-2016 , 09:41 PM
I hate dating too. Online and irl.
03-27-2016 , 09:54 PM
A fellow aromantic detected?
03-27-2016 , 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coon74 Lbox's recycle bin
A fellow aromantic detected?
No, I have some kind have mental illness when it come to social/human contact.
03-27-2016 , 10:14 PM
'Mental illness' is rather a cultural phenomenon... you're not ill if you are who you want to be, not what others want you to be.
03-27-2016 , 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyBox Lbox's recycle bin
If you are interested by dating show, I used to watch 非诚勿扰 all the time when I was living in mainland. You can often see foreigners on that show, it's funny.
Yes, this show is pretty funny. Even if you're Chinese isn't up to snuff (which mine isn't).
03-27-2016 , 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coon74 Lbox's recycle bin
'Mental illness' is rather a cultural phenomenon... you're not ill if you are who you want to be, not what others want you to be.
I should hire you as my fulltime psy.
03-27-2016 , 10:47 PM
If he refers to it as a mental illness it sounds like it does bother him and it's not who he wants to be.

the Korean girls btw
03-30-2016 , 01:07 AM
nice ride get a bj while drivin
04-10-2016 , 09:41 PM
I want to tell all these women that if they only lifted some weights instead if using those dumb machines their asses would be soooo nice.

Is that girl you posted on the 3rd 15?
04-10-2016 , 10:03 PM
You're almost correct, but she's already 16 and so not a jailbait by her native law

Last edited by coon74; 04-10-2016 at 10:09 PM.
04-10-2016 , 10:16 PM
Don't worry - LBox wouldn't forgive you anyway if you banged her

      
m