Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

House of Blogs I guess 2+2 is your blog.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 06:12 PM   #4076
RunDownHouse.
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 2,069
Re: Jmakinmeangry's debauchery and general idiocy blog

I don't log hours for salary employees but can't help but keep a rough mental track. When it gets abused, I start documenting, and when it's a documented problem, I take action. Helps me avoid useless work (of tracking everyone all the time) while correcting issues (of the worst offenders) at the cost of maximum efficiency (of someone working ~39 hours a week for example).
RunDownHouse. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:15 PM   #4077
RunDownHouse.
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 2,069
Re: Jmakinmeangry's debauchery and general idiocy blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmakin View Post
I am project manager and I have SUCH a ****ing light touch
Also - just a mild rebuke here - your experience is so minimal you shouldn't be thinking like this. Obviously there are proxies for experience, like asking 2p2 how project managers should behave, but maybe you should default to questioning yourself versus stating how things should be.
RunDownHouse. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:45 PM   #4078
jmakin
 
jmakin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Streaming
Posts: 28,725
Re: Jmakinmeangry's debauchery and general idiocy blog

I can’t properly stress how minimal/nonexistant our process is. I want to be doing more, but I’m met with the most constant resistance on just about the most basic things - like important emails being unanswered, people bailing on meetings, etc.
jmakin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:47 PM   #4079
jmakin
 
jmakin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Streaming
Posts: 28,725
Re: Jmakinmeangry's debauchery and general idiocy blog

Basically 80% of what I’m doing right now is QA/testing and organizing. The other 20% is trying to get people to GAF.

We have a few new hires that are very vocal so their energy is helping me light the fire under some asses but like I said it’s pretty painful.
jmakin is online now   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online