Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Tell the Forum About Racism You Have Experienced Tell the Forum About Racism You Have Experienced

11-06-2015 , 09:37 PM
On a more serious note why are there no Asians in star wars? Where is the outrage?
11-06-2015 , 09:44 PM
Oh no you di'nt!

11-06-2015 , 09:45 PM
He had one line and died like a little bitch.

Why cant we have a jet li light saber nunchuk wielding badass? We get this dork with pink visor who gets smoked faster than a black character in a horror movie.
11-06-2015 , 09:47 PM
It's in a universe far far away, in the past, when there was no racism.
11-06-2015 , 09:48 PM
Yoda's Asian.
11-06-2015 , 09:50 PM
We are yellow, not green.

There are like 2 billion of us. How could they have managed to not put any of us in a movie about the future that has 7 installments?

Like wtf is going on here ?
11-06-2015 , 09:53 PM
You turn green after a few hundred years.
11-06-2015 , 09:55 PM
Yoda was half smurf.
11-06-2015 , 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonely_but_rich
You turn green after a few hundred years.
Hahahaahah. Hahhahahhahahahahhahah.


Oh man that's one of the funniest things I've ever read on 2+2. Thanks.
11-06-2015 , 11:00 PM
They did a pretty controversial job with Jar Jar Binks as a Caribbean black guy, an Asian caricature might be pretty cringe worthy.
11-07-2015 , 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanktehbadwookie
Just how extreme can one interpret the site-wide rules? Not sure why you would need to email Mat on such a matter we can simply discuss openly here.
Dunno what wookie is going on about. Seems like his suggesting I write to Mat to tell him that PU is working pretty much exactly as expected.

More likely wookie was just being an arse but he can do that so much better.
11-07-2015 , 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezlaw
Dunno what wookie is going on about. Seems like his suggesting I write to Mat to tell him that PU is working pretty much exactly as expected.

More likely wookie was just being an arse but he can do that so much better.
Wait, wat?

He sarcastically said this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookie
Yeah, Gambool's insults are really ruining Unchained.
You replied as if you thought he was being serious:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezlaw
yeah, you've noticed all threads degenerate in much the same way.

Not all down to LG of course.
And he responded with more sarcasm:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookie
You should write Mat, chez. The insult forum has an insult level that is too damn high.
He's not suggesting you pm Mat to tell him you think all things in PU are running smoothly, more like pming him to say "it might not be all LG's fault that all threads degenerate in much the same way, but it is someone's, and I'd like you to look into it."
11-07-2015 , 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroku$aki
He's not suggesting you pm Mat to tell him you think all things in PU are running smoothly, more like pming him to say "it might not be all LG's fault that all threads degenerate in much the same way, but it is someone's, and I'd like you to look into it."
ok and again why would wookie suggest writing to Mat to tell him PU is working pretty much exactly as expected?
11-07-2015 , 02:11 AM
Because you're displeased with the way pu threads "degenerate"? Reread my post you just quoted, you wouldn't be pming him to say all is well (it would be kinda strange and pointless to give Mat a pm high-five about pu's inherent shoddiness), but to complain about something or other (although it isn't all LG's fault.)
11-07-2015 , 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroku$aki
Because you're displeased with the way pu threads "degenerate"? Reread my post you just quoted, you wouldn't be pming him to say all is well (you're right, it would seem kinda strange and pointless to give Mat a pm high-five about pu's inherent shoddiness), but to complain about something or other (although it isn't all LG's fault.)
Mat's not an idiot. He doesn't need to be told things are happening pretty much exactly as expected. If he wanted PU to be a place for a lively but reasonable discussion about more difficult political topics then he wouldn't have gone down the minimal modding path.

Doesn't mean PU doesn't have merit or I'm displeased. Laughing at Shame Trolly is part of the fun and LG is delicious.
11-07-2015 , 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoldnDark
... Nobody want's to waste time digging up examples for you. They're everywhere...
So, it's just like trying to get Teh Jabber-Wookie to answer a simple question... it's just not going to happen, amirite?

Like I keep saying, there is no reason to take this alleged problem seriously, if those who claim to have this problem can't even come up with one... not a single one over six years... example to work through.
11-07-2015 , 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGambool
This is 100% a strawman figment of your imagination.
I wasn't trying to say that YOU said you were the most knowledgable person in the world on the topic of racism. However, I think everyone around here would agree that you are the most knowledgable person about racism in the world.

By the way, I find it humerus that you claim someone used a strawman on you.
11-07-2015 , 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoldnDark
"I think this discussion sucks so I'm going to do my best to ruin it for everyone else by starting fights." Sounds about right.

Everyday society evolved to eliminate such petty childishness. I assume the internet will eventually sort it out.
Two people have said that Gambool isn't at 100% fault for the above, but for the life of me I can't think of thread where someone else did it. I guess someone did it in a thread I haven't seen.

Either way my question is what % of the time that someone said "I think this discussion sucks so I'm going to do my best to ruin it for everyone else by starting fights." was that person wookie?

If your answer is 95% or less please explain how you came to this.
11-07-2015 , 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoldnDark
"I think this discussion sucks so I'm going to do my best to ruin it for everyone else by starting fights." Sounds about right...
Sure, I can come up of examples of this happening. A good example was the odious BruceZ infamous rant about sandy-vagina PC-policemen. That's exactly what happened... these racists don't like any discussion about race, and so they pick fights in this (focus-tested, etc) manner, and ruin it for everyone.

Seriously, can you, or anyone else, come up with one... just one... example where the cause of the 'derailment' isn't exactly like this ??
11-07-2015 , 11:39 AM
Has gambool ever showed any real knowledge about any single topic in either politics or PU? Or even tried?

He's easily the MOST useless person in these threads. Even the "just asking questions" people have some sort of curiosity at the heart of their posts. gambool just insults and berates people.

Let's wait for wookie's defense of him and have a good laugh.
11-07-2015 , 11:56 AM
Don't forget zealous shame trolly tried to disrupt this thread yesterday because letsgambool's racist-calling behavior has come under critical examination.

He is easily thwarted by just not answering his interrogations on his demand. Lol.
11-07-2015 , 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shame Trolly !!!1!
Seriously, can you, or anyone else, come up with one... just one... example where the cause of the 'derailment' isn't exactly like this ??
lol @ you still clinging desperately to your bizarre twist about this.

If they don't want the derailments caused by using words in a weird way without qualification then they need to stop doing it. And if they don't want fights then it's no good blaming the 'Tone Policeman' for pointing out the reality - you being delusional about it doesn't change the fact that if people scream and shout like a little fly then they will start a fight to the detriment of any content.
11-07-2015 , 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezlaw
... it doesn't change the fact that if people scream and shout like a little fly then they will start a fight to the detriment of any content.
Well, in the example I just presented, it was the odious BruceZ who was the poster who was 'screaming' and 'shouting' "like a little fly", and who started the fight which was to the detriment of any content.

Correct ??
11-07-2015 , 12:06 PM
Lets bring up BruceZ until 2025.
11-07-2015 , 12:07 PM
You will have to take it to the containment thread if you want me to consider the Bruce Fiasco. It's been over a year though so I probably wont respond there either and it's perhaps time for you to get over it.

You still have to deal with the reality that:

1) Using words in a non-standard way without qualification causes derailments

and

2) When people scream and shout like a little fly then they will tend to start a fight.

Nothing you can do about this except have a mod who steps in to prevent it.

      
m