Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
The SJW thread The SJW thread

08-08-2017 , 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbaddabba
Forget about whether they're within their rights to dismiss the guy on account of violating some code of conduct... seeing someone post that kind of a manifesto in the work place is enough to seriously question their competency. This is the type of thing that, if you work in management, you discuss with other high level managers... not something an engineer publicly opines on in his spare time.
You mean at a company where employees actively question their top leaders on any issue in public forums? That one?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurahe.../#761ffca757e7

You can ask leaders questions, as long as they're the "right" questions. Well, Left questions...
08-08-2017 , 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbaddabba
... seeing someone post that kind of a manifesto in the work place is enough to seriously question their competency. This is... not something an engineer publicly opines on in his spare time.
Exactly.

Unless the dude was looking to retire at 28yo, and this is all some elaborate RWNJ version of "Take this Job and Shove It"... the poor fool just lost a gerb, and had his own little mental meltdown go viral. Sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyMac
You mean at a company where... You can ask leaders questions, as long as they're the "right" questions. Well, Left questions...
ZOMG... how far do you have to have your head up your a-hole, to have a world view so twisted around backwards, to imagine F500 cos are the "Leftists", while lowly working folk are the heroic and beleaguered "Rightists" .

Last edited by Shame Trolly !!!1!; 08-08-2017 at 03:39 PM.
08-08-2017 , 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyMac
You mean at a company where employees actively question their top leaders on any issue in public forums? That one?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurahe.../#761ffca757e7

You can ask leaders questions, as long as they're the "right" questions. Well, Left questions...
You really think that having the ability to critique management gives people carte blanche to say whatever they want on a public forum?

Pretend everything he said is true.

It still shows poor judgment to not foresee the position you're putting management in. If you let this slide you're going to piss off a lot of ambitious women who're collectively greater assets to the company than an engineer who will always be fighting to make sure he's getting fair market value for his services.
08-08-2017 , 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbaddabba
It still shows poor judgment to not foresee the position you're putting management in. If you let this slide you're going to piss off a lot of ambitious women who're collectively greater assets to the company than an engineer who will always be fighting to make sure he's getting fair market value for his services.
But it is not poor judgement to foresee the effects of rampant SJWism?
The blatant discrimination by the Leftists gets a pass, but alternative viewpoints must be met with harsh punishment.

It's not that he doesn't have validated thoughts - it's that he doesn't have the right thoughts.

Isn't that the point of these open forums? To say things management might NOT want to hear? What if management is investing in product A when they should be investing in product B, even if that opinion is unpopular?

Once again though, you're only complaining about that he said something, not WHAT he said.

This guy seems incredibly smart (apparently he's written papers on game theory). I think he might have foreseen EXACTLY what was going to happen. I'll bet this guy has an incredibly amount of job offers all ready to go. He'll probably be double dipping - job offers + lawsuit victory. Here's hoping!
08-08-2017 , 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shame Trolly !!!1!
ZOMG... how far do you have to have your head up your a-hole, to have a world view so twisted around backwards, to imagine F500 cos are the "Leftists", while lowly working folk are the heroic and beleaguered "Rightists" .
Oh yes, Silicon Valley companies are run by Right-Wing Nazis. Stop lumping Google in with other F500s politically. Your false equivalency is showing.
08-08-2017 , 04:35 PM
Thought you were against lawsuits. Guess that is just if old people are being abused.
08-08-2017 , 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by batair
Thought you were against lawsuits. Guess that is just if old people are being abused.
My opposition to lawsuit is obviously based on my desire to see the entire US court system abolished because we should only be able to redress our grievances with pistols at dawn of course.


U r gud at absolut tinking.
08-08-2017 , 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyMac
... Once again though, you're only complaining about that he said something, not WHAT he said.
Nobody is complaining. But this is correct.

The point you keep missing is that there are different standards regarding what is appropriate in a place of work -vs- what is appropriate in the fun & games virtual fantasy world of SJWers & "Leftists" & conspiracy theories.

The poor dude is only 28 years old. He has only been out of college for three years. It's not unlikely that was his first real job, and that he's now sulking in his first real apartment. He's a baby. He wasn't properly socialized. And... he just learned an important life lesson.... viral on the interwebs. He's a fellow deplorable, one of your very own... and youz guyz are throwing him under the bus. Sad... just pathetic and sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyMac
Oh yes, Silicon Valley companies are run by Right-Wing Nazis. Stop lumping Google in with other F500s politically. Your false equivalency is showing.
If you believe any F500 companies are ideological in this kinda comic book way... well again, I don't know what to say. The real world don't work that way.
08-08-2017 , 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyMac
My opposition to lawsuit is obviously based on my desire to see the entire US court system abolished because we should only be able to redress our grievances with pistols at dawn of course.


U r gud at absolut tinking.
Oh. So you are good with them in this case but not elderly abuses. Tell me more...
08-08-2017 , 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyMac
But it is not poor judgement to foresee the effects of rampant SJWism?
The blatant discrimination by the Leftists gets a pass, but alternative viewpoints must be met with harsh punishment.
No, because anyone with any sense of nuance understands why being that tactless in an open forum will lead to consequences.

Quote:
It's not that he doesn't have validated thoughts - it's that he doesn't have the right thoughts.

Isn't that the point of these open forums? To say things management might NOT want to hear? What if management is investing in product A when they should be investing in product B, even if that opinion is unpopular?
The issue isn't with his critique of a policy, it's how he chose to word it. It's a delicate subject.

Quote:
Once again though, you're only complaining about that he said something, not WHAT he said.

This guy seems incredibly smart (apparently he's written papers on game theory). I think he might have foreseen EXACTLY what was going to happen. I'll bet this guy has an incredibly amount of job offers all ready to go. He'll probably be double dipping - job offers + lawsuit victory. Here's hoping!
I'm not complaining that he said something. I'm saying that he'd have to be an idiot to make an argument for biological differences in that kind of a forum and not expect consequences.

You think it was his INTENTION was to get fired from the company that routinely ranks as one of the best to work for? It's a good thing there're people like you who're willing to cut through the bull**** and tell it like it is.
08-08-2017 , 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shame Trolly !!!1!
When I said I organize earlier, I meant that I'm a union activist. What you are discussing is called "Solidarity Unionism" or "Section Seven" organizing. My union literally wrote the book on this shiz.

His initial claim is frivolous on the face of it... Google senior management was trying to "shame him"... LMFAO. He's an at-will employee, his bosses can fire him at any time, for any reason, or for no reason. It doesn't make a lick-o-sense to begin with.

He'd have to file a second claim regarding his dismissal, and that claim too would be frivolous on the face of it. Google is claiming that they fired the fool over the content of his 'manifesto', not in retaliation for his previously filed and frivolous NLRB claim. Guess what... that 'manifesto' would get you fired from ~499.5 of the F500 companies. This is a complete non-starter.

Further, he said he filed a NLRB complaint, then threatened a legal action. Taking legal action invalidates your NLRB claim, and any claim you might have under the CA-DLSE. Which is another good point... if this fool had any idea what he was doing, he'd be going after Google first through the CA-DLSE... then consider the NLRB... then last consider Superior Court.

What really happened was this...

The dude was doing fine in live because he had containment between (a) the practical day-2-day shiz of having a career and bills and shiz, -vs- (b) his fantasy hobby life, which is full of magical OSJers & SJWers & conspiracies theories about college campusses, and all this hilarious crapola Phree Screech Rites youz guyz eat up as pure entertainment.

Then he had a "psychic break" or some such nonsense... his containment failed... and now he's out looking for a job. That, and he's managed to make himself the laughing and pointing center of the entire interwebs at this current moment. All because he couldn't distinguish fantasy (this SJWer conspiracy theory gibberish) -vs- reality (a six figure career gerb), and he just couldn't keep his "crazy" under his hat.

Sad.
08-08-2017 , 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyMac
This guy seems incredibly smart (apparently he's written papers on game theory). I think he might have foreseen EXACTLY what was going to happen. I'll bet this guy has an incredibly amount of job offers all ready to go. He'll probably be double dipping - job offers + lawsuit victory. Here's hoping!
Wowoowow... papers on game theory? You mean like Vanessa Rousseau? He's also a chess prodigy OMG! That must mean he's REALLLLY smart!

So let's figure out a mathematical model for how many times more important that makes his opinion on things that he doesn't know anything about. You know, things like... social dynamics.
08-08-2017 , 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyMac
This isn't just a ****ing post-it note. Stop with your non-sense! This is a senior engineer whose 10 page writings are now being reported on by many, many journalists. The attention this is garnering cannot be understated (for today's news cycle at least).

(I agree Gizmodo isn't news, but other sites like Fortune and Business Insider have picked up on it. The story broke over the weekend, so I imagine this will be a hot topic in the blogosphere this week.)

Did you watch the video yet? Come back to me when you do.

You know, if you don't want to talk about, that's fine. No one is forcing you to be here.
So I take it that when Shame Trolly said that this incident did not matter at all, he was not understating its importance?
08-08-2017 , 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyMac
In general, I am. I'm pro-At Will state as I think Unions in general are worse for productivity than a benefit.

That said - if I 'effectively' sign an employment agreement with you with handbook that encourages "diversity of thought" and openness, and you break that agreement (or just outright lie about your principles), then there could be a case for punishment.

Really I'm just hoping the market takes care of this. I imagine Google will have a tough time attracting other talented employees considering they just told 50% of the marketplace to go **** themselves.

08-08-2017 , 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by auralex14
YouTube is a platform, nothing more.

You sound like a fool.
There's nothing wrong with YouTube.

There is something wrong with posting ****ing YouTube videos as the citations to all of your posts and insisting people watch them.
08-08-2017 , 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Tamer
you realize this is the topic of this week

if he was wrong there'd be hundreds of biologists coming out and condemning him

the fact he isn't and google fired him for wrongthink and 1/2 of the google worker base is upset about this is telling
ok but for real, he wasnt fired for "wrongthink." he was fired for actually doing something and that thing was creating a hostile work environment.
08-08-2017 , 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Tamer
biology phd grad from harvard gets fired from google for stating basic scientific facts
Quote:
To: Everyone
From: Johnny Dudebro
Subj: Women
Date: August 4, 2017

Women bleed from their vaginas once a month. We need to consider how this affects our company's future.
Sadly, Johnny was fired for stating basic scientific facts.
08-08-2017 , 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor
ok but for real, he wasnt fired for "wrongthink." he was fired for actually doing something and that thing was creating a hostile work environment.


Stating truth and facts now make work environments hostile now? Interesting theory you have.
08-08-2017 , 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyMac
Stating truth and facts now make work environments hostile now? Interesting theory you have.


Grown up words Jiggy, careful.
08-08-2017 , 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyMac
Stating truth and facts now make work environments hostile now? Interesting theory you have.
Have you shown the memo to any women? How did they feel about it? How would they like to work with someone who posted it?
08-08-2017 , 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyMac
You can ask leaders questions, as long as they're the "right" questions.
Well of course bosses mean "only ask the right questions" ffs.

This is the kind of social interaction you're supposed to figure out as a child.
08-08-2017 , 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by master3004
Have you shown the memo to any women? How did they feel about it? How would they like to work with someone who posted it?
You mean, like this woman?

http://archive.is/VlNfl

"As a woman who’s worked in academia and within STEM, I didn’t find the memo offensive or sexist in the least. I found it to be a well thought out document, asking for greater tolerance for differences in opinion, and treating people as individuals instead of based on group membership.
Within the field of neuroscience, sex differences between women and men—when it comes to brain structure and function and associated differences in personality and occupational preferences—are understood to be true, because the evidence for them (thousands of studies) is strong. This is not information that’s considered controversial or up for debate; if you tried to argue otherwise, or for purely social influences, you’d be laughed at."
08-08-2017 , 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladesman87
Well of course bosses mean "only ask the right questions" ffs.

This is the kind of social interaction you're supposed to figure out as a child.
He didn't ask if he could piss on a desk, moron.

He asked "are our policies effective"?

Understanding what types of questions are being asked IS something you figure out as a child. Someday you'll grow up.
08-08-2017 , 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyMac
Stating truth and facts now make work environments hostile now? Interesting theory you have.
sometimes?

but it is far from proven that his assertions were "truth and facts." and you must realize that bc no one is really that clueless.
08-08-2017 , 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyMac
... Understanding what types of questions are being asked IS something you figure out as a child. Someday you'll grow up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyMac
Stating truth and facts now make work environments hostile now? Interesting theory you have.
You are doing what you silly little OSJers often do... forgetting WTF we're chatting about.

It's not Victor's "theory", nor does it matter if Bladesman87 understands types of question. None of this is a hypothetical, and presumably neither Victor, or Bladesman87, were directly involved. Why are you trying to "argue" with them anyways.

What happened is this: Friday the fool had a nice gerb. Today, he does not. What happened in between to get his fool ass fired? Focus on that.

      
m