Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
The SJW thread The SJW thread

02-15-2017 , 11:33 AM
The claim that I make money off my youtube channel is laughable and not true in the slightest. However, let's stick to the topic and not focus on this derailment. I am no longer posting any links to my videos so the point is now moot.
02-15-2017 , 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJvK
Rule 2 violation:



This has nothing to do with what I posted. Stick to that.



Rule 2 violation again.



Another rule 2 violation.

Stick to the topic at hand.
This IS the topic. You are complaining about tactics--specifically mocking other's views and not engaging in an argument. You then call these "SJW tactics" when the same tactics are used by every ideology ever.

This goes back to your fundamental inability to define an SJW as anything except "someone with whom I disagree and who makes me angry."
02-15-2017 , 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoldnDark
No it's not, FFS. And the argument stands even though it was a quote from fiction. When you pointed it out, I immediately acknowledged it and thanked you. How is that arguing in bad faith?

I then explained why the quote was simply to illustrate speakers should be allowed to make offensive, devisive points, and found another one that is non-fictional, just for you. Further, people will have widely different points of view on what is offensive, hateful, and as you've shown, can even take things out of context now and then, so again, we should allow speakers of different political stripes to express their opinions to those who want to hear them.

Though you seem to begrudgingly acknowledge there was a whole big argument there that did not rely on the quote being non-fictional, you insist on ignoring the point and focusing on that triviality. Who's arguing in bad faith here?
This entire thread is an attempted assault on the supposed "SJW" mode of thinking, and the ill-defined "SJW" quite frequently is feminist, so when you attempt to represent that side by pulling up horrendous misquotes, that's bad. I'm glad you acknowledged that particular quote, but you also followed it up with the usual whataboutery of pointing me towards a link supposedly full of them as though I were meant to put any faith in the fairness of that source. You then pulled another Dworkin line out for me as though you can just gish gallop through it.

Maybe you don't see the veracity of that quote as substantial to your side of the argument. What you should see is that to the other side of the argument it absolutely matters as they are taking stances against inviting speakers who incite violence.

It's also important because, as said before, you're pulling up a quote with a shock factor without having looked at any context or meaning behind it. And your response is a "Sorry, but hey, I've got plenty more". I don't want plenty more. I just want you to have some understanding of the kind of "SJW" Dworkin might be before you start throwing her name about.
02-15-2017 , 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ball
This IS the topic. You are complaining about tactics--specifically mocking other's views and not engaging in an argument. You then call these "SJW tactics" when the same tactics are used by every ideology ever.

This goes back to your fundamental inability to define an SJW as anything except "someone with whom I disagree and who makes me angry."
I have defined SJWs at some length in the past couple of days. I do not care if other ideologies are guilty of the same tactics, my playbook is designed only for combatting SJWs.
02-15-2017 , 12:19 PM
This is a waste of time, but:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJvK
4. Source quibbling. If you post data from some place, a common SJW tactic is immediately to question the source.
You don't question the source? Everyone should question every source.

But again, how is this an "SJW tactic"? All ideologies question sources. Donald Trump has called the NYT worthless and has said that the government unemployment data is faked. Is he an SJW? By your definition he is.

Quote:
The left-wing mind functions in a very simple binary way. Either people and insititutions are GOOD = acceptable, or they are BAD = evil, unacceptable, compromised.
Oh, the left wing mind functions this way? There's no evidence that the right-wing mind functions this way?

Quote:
The leftist keeps vast lists of these good and bad things in their heads and reject everything and anything that comes from a bad list.
Only leftists do this?

And this isn't "whataboutism"--I know that leftists do these things. My issue isn't that you point it out--feel free. But when you call them "SJW tactics" and "the leftist mind," well then you are just trying to baselessly smear one ideology. You claim to not like "labeling" but you engage in it constantly.

Quote:
6. Do not lose your temper or be provoked into calling them names back. This will be taken as a victory for the SJW, they will ignore all of the provocation, abuse, derailment etc that they've done, and instead focus on the one time you let your emotions get the better of you.
Another "SJW tactic" that is used by all ideologies.
02-15-2017 , 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJvK
I have defined SJWs at some length in the past couple of days. I do not care if other ideologies are guilty of the same tactics, my playbook is designed only for combatting SJWs.
You don't have to care. But it is dishonest to call them "SJW tactics."

Then I'll ask--why do you not care about the same tactics employed by the right? My guess is because you agree with the right wing most of the time.
02-15-2017 , 12:52 PM
Well, now...



Quote:
Some believe that conservatives are banned from speaking college campuses because of their beliefs. Cenk Uygur and Ana Kasparian, the hosts of The Young Turks, tell you how it doesnít just happen to conservative speakers...
02-15-2017 , 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ball
You don't have to care. But it is dishonest to call them "SJW tactics."

Then I'll ask--why do you not care about the same tactics employed by the right? My guess is because you agree with the right wing most of the time.
I argue with those on the left because they are meant to be the good guys and the clever guys.

It's a waste of time arguing with those on the far right most of the time. My alarm is not because I support the far right, it's because I see people on the left arguing like fundamentalist Christians and puritans.
02-15-2017 , 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanktehbadwookie
Well, now...

Master, will you be reporting this violation of the rules? It's a link to an external profit-making site.
02-15-2017 , 01:36 PM
I'm not even a paying member of the TYT network, yet anyway. They are doing some good work and I love investigative journalism.
02-15-2017 , 01:40 PM
I just want Master to be consistent in his crackdown.
02-15-2017 , 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJvK
Master, will you be reporting this violation of the rules? It's a link to an external profit-making site.
It doesn't link to a profit making site ran by Spank does it?
02-15-2017 , 01:48 PM
It links through to Youtube, the same place as my videos which Master has vowed to ensure get banned.
02-15-2017 , 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJvK
I argue with those on the left because they are meant to be the good guys and the clever guys.

It's a waste of time arguing with those on the far right most of the time. My alarm is not because I support the far right, it's because I see people on the left arguing like fundamentalist Christians and puritans.
You argue with more then leftist. But let that stop you form putting them in that box for the purpose of discounting and shaming them.
02-15-2017 , 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJvK
It links through to Youtube, the same place as my videos which Master has vowed to ensure get banned.
If you want to go with the dumbest interpretation of what is going on knock yourself out, you are only hurting your image no one else's.
02-15-2017 , 01:58 PM
Kero, please elucidate: what is a more charitable account of Master's vindictive, illiberal and cowardly actions? Please spell them out. I'd like to see this.
02-15-2017 , 02:07 PM
You are posting your own content. spank didn't create that video. Obviously YouTube videos are welcome (there's a freaking YouTube tag).

Just as obviously, 2+2 doesn't want a bunch of people posting their own content to the forums all the time.
02-15-2017 , 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJvK
I argue with those on the left because they are meant to be the good guys and the clever guys.
Probably the best way to do this is to lead by example. It's still dishonest to call those tactics "SJW tactics"--which sets you up as an opponent to social justice and not a person who is concerned with making arguments better.
02-15-2017 , 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ball
You are posting your own content. spank didn't create that video. Obviously YouTube videos are welcome (there's a freaking YouTube tag).

Just as obviously, 2+2 doesn't want a bunch of people posting their own content to the forums all the time.
Duh
02-15-2017 , 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by master3004
If Lord attempts to post any links to his ****ty youtube videos further in this forum, make sure to report it to Mat so we can stop this guy from getting free advertising on this website, which he freely admits here is what he is after.
I was wondering if you took the blue pill or the red pill after the election shock.

Instead it looks like you took the crazy pill and lost your mind.
02-15-2017 , 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marn
I was wondering if you took the blue pill or the red pill after the election shock.

Instead it looks like you took the crazy pill and lost your mind.
He state clearly he cares about posting his own content. By linking to it on a profit making site outside of 2+2 he is violating the TOS. This isn't hard.
02-15-2017 , 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by master3004
He state clearly he cares about posting his own content. By linking to it on a profit making site outside of 2+2 he is violating the TOS. This isn't hard.
Look at the amount of views he has on those videos, he is not making anything on them. I also have youtube videos, I have never shared them in pursuit of profit. Also his videos are directly related to the subject.
02-15-2017 , 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marn
Look at the amount of views he has on those videos, he is not making anything on them. I also have youtube videos, I have never shared them in pursuit of profit. Also his videos are directly related to the subject.
He's welcome to take it up with Mat. That's my last post on the subject.
02-15-2017 , 02:29 PM
Maybe the content of that TYT video is inconvenient to a certain narrative?
02-15-2017 , 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJvK
Kero, please elucidate: what is a more charitable account of Master's vindictive, illiberal and cowardly actions? Please spell them out. I'd like to see this.
You were posting spam. Spam here is defined as links to content that will make you money. Spam is not allowed on 2+2 and master knows this as do most of the posters on the site.

      
m