Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
President Trump President Trump

02-27-2017 , 09:42 AM
It makes sense. I'm from England and the only music I know is for Morris dancing.
02-27-2017 , 11:25 AM
So, that's the 4th post wil had deleted in a week for Islamophobia, homophobia or other lies. Good ol' honest William.
02-27-2017 , 11:35 AM
Why does Wil continue to get rope? Dude should be perma'd. People around here been snipped for a whole lot less.
02-27-2017 , 11:43 AM
Feel like wil is sort of a special case in that he's a contained problem and his antics are endlessly hilarious.
02-27-2017 , 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adios
Hey fellas give it a rest for the rest of the night. Have a drink, hang out, watch the oscars if that's your thing. Spend some quality time with friends/family especially your significant other. America will be fine tonight, TRUMP won't be taking over as dictator tonight. Get recharged, relax.
Thanks for the life tip.

BTW, have you looked up your false claims about the Civil Rights Act yet? I wouldn't want you to make the same embarrassing claim about it in the future.
02-27-2017 , 02:05 PM
It's so wil that this thread is rarely about Trump anymore and is instead, like all threads really, about him and his retrograde views on race. Let's use these 24 hours to change that, shall we?
02-27-2017 , 02:39 PM
Surprise, health care is complicated! Stunning that nobody knew.

On that note, who knew humans beings were so deep and complex as to actually need care for the health of their bodies?

And who tries to sell things using marketing about how complicated the things are?
02-27-2017 , 02:49 PM
ya I just heard that on the radio. just absolutely hilarious. "nobody knew health care was so complicated." uhhh donald, yes, many ppl did know that.

and some ppl even were able to achieve a pretty damn good system despite being obstructed at every single point in every single way by half of the govt.

at this point, I really do hope the repubs scrap obama care. they will absolutely lose enough voters to just get crushed for the next 2-6 years.
02-27-2017 , 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor
ya I just heard that on the radio. just absolutely hilarious. "nobody knew health care was so complicated." uhhh donald, yes, many ppl did know that.

and some ppl even were able to achieve a pretty damn good system despite being obstructed at every single point in every single way by half of the govt.

at this point, I really do hope the repubs scrap obama care. they will absolutely lose enough voters to just get crushed for the next 2-6 years.
It will get scrapped because it's horrible. The problem is Obama infected so many parts of health care with it that it will be difficult to undue.
02-27-2017 , 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer
It's so wil that this thread is rarely about Trump anymore and is instead, like all threads really, about him and his retrograde views on race. Let's use these 24 hours to change that, shall we?
I haven't read back, but has anyone mentioned The Fish That Looks Like Donald Trump yet?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/292435...a-life-centre/

According to yesterday's Sunday Times, the fish denies any resemblance and says it is just more fake news made up by the mainstream media.
02-27-2017 , 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongidig
It will get scrapped because it's horrible. The problem is Obama infected so many parts of health care with it that it will be difficult to undue.
You believe James O'Keefe videos.
02-27-2017 , 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer
Anyway, I hope I'm not being too off-topic on the last couple pages by posting about the president of the United States, let's check out some recent news!

On customs:

Australian author of children's books who's visited US over 100 times is detained for over two hours at LAX, doubts she'll ever return to US again





Trump doing wonders for America's tourism industry, as has already been documented here. I'm sure this (and Muhammad Ali Jr. before her) is just an isolated incident though, right?

French historian traveling to U.S. for conference is detained for 10 hours, nearly deported until his destination university intervenes

Not sure if staggering incompetency or if Trump's newly-empowered CBP is trying to make foreigners never want to come to the United States again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer
Also on the subject of "killing the United States as a destination for intelligent people around the world": Victim of racist shooting in Kansas loved the USA and didn't want to leave, despite concerns about their safety among growing racism

Following that event, residents of the world's second most populous country are rethinking their plans to study in the US and become productive members of American society, like the victim was:







Seems like the United States' status as an international leader in technology is going to suffer if the best and brightest from around the world no longer want to come here because ignorant white racists are scared of them.
Oh my gosh. I can not believe a security person from a free country would detain some random person for 2 hours. If one and I mean only one more person is detained for over 20 minutes again I think we drop all security measures at airports. Enough is enough!!

I'm not sure if you look worse for believing these random students who think the US is more racist and violent then ever or if they look worse. Either way, neither of you are coming off looking very intelligent. Seriously, how did you think it was a good idea to ask a few random students in India what they thought about racism or violence in the US?

Also, please stop stereotyping people based on the color of their skin.
02-27-2017 , 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongidig
It will get scrapped because it's horrible. The problem is Obama infected so many parts of health care with it that it will be difficult to undue.
it proly woulda been better if the republs wouldnt have obstructed at every point and did everything they could to sabotage it.

and its a damn certainty that it is far better than anything the repubs could ever come up with.
02-27-2017 , 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahbahmickey
I'm not sure if you look worse for believing these random students who think the US is more racist and violent then ever or if they look worse.
What an incredibly ignorant, deceitful, and disingenuous statement all rolled into one. Well done, mickey!
02-27-2017 , 03:46 PM
To address the parts of your post containing actual content:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahbahmickey
Oh my gosh. I can not believe a security person from a free country would detain some random person for 2 hours. If one and I mean only one more person is detained for over 20 minutes again I think we drop all security measures at airports. Enough is enough!!
Your emotional meltdown here aside, there are simple facts available to us:
- tourism is already down in Trump's presidency
- the people who are coming here are being harassed at the border and are thus becoming more unlikely to return
- tourism is a huge industry in the United States and that's kinda bad for business

Is any of this controversial to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahbahmickey
Seriously, how did you think it was a good idea to ask a few random students in India what they thought about racism or violence in the US?
- Indian immigrants provide a huge boost to the tech industry of the United States
- It seems relevant to ask, after two of them are shot (one killed) in a murder perpetrated by an ignorant white American racist, how this affects their feelings about this country and whether they want to continue coming here to contribute to our economy

Again, is any of this controversial to you?
02-27-2017 , 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor
it proly woulda been better if the republs wouldnt have obstructed at every point and did everything they could to sabotage it.

and its a damn certainty that it is far better than anything the repubs could ever come up with.
At least you can empathize with what the President is going through with the Democrats these days as far as obstruction

The one true certainty is that is the Democrats are far better than the Republcans at making things outrageously expensive. People can't afford the co-pays let alone the deductibles. Nancy Pelosi didnt even know what was in the ACA until it was passed.
02-27-2017 , 03:53 PM
Mong, what have the democrats obstructed Trump on? Be specific.
02-27-2017 , 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongidig
At least you can empathize with what the President is going through with the Democrats these days as far as obstruction

The one true certainty is that is the Democrats are far better than the Republcans at making things outrageously expensive. People can't afford the co-pays let alone the deductibles. Nancy Pelosi didnt even know what was in the ACA until it was passed.
You should probably cite the pelosi claim and the copays/deductibles factoid, since your point is meaningless without establishing if those are true. 20 more million people are insured, do you think they chose their plans based on not being able to afford copays/deductibles?
02-27-2017 , 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongidig
At least you can empathize with what the President is going through with the Democrats these days as far as obstruction

The one true certainty is that is the Democrats are far better than the Republcans at making things outrageously expensive. People can't afford the co-pays let alone the deductibles. Nancy Pelosi didnt even know what was in the ACA until it was passed.
my insurance drastically declined bc of ACA. ofc, I was self-employed at the time, but making pretty decent money. from about 250 a month to about 50.

and ofc, tons of ppl without insurance became insured. surely it was not outrageously expensive for them.
02-27-2017 , 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer
To address the parts of your post containing actual content:



Your emotional meltdown here aside, there are simple facts available to us:
- tourism is already down in Trump's presidency
- the people who are coming here are being harassed at the border and are thus becoming more unlikely to return
- tourism is a huge industry in the United States and that's kinda bad for business

Is any of this controversial to you?
I am not in the tourism industry and my quality of life is very unlikely to go down if tourism is down 6-7% (or even if it is down 50% - or whatever % you think it will be down which you will inevitably way off on). However, I am effected by the economy as a whole and if you think we are worse off under Trump than Obama or Hillary I am not interested in talking to you about economics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer
- Indian immigrants provide a huge boost to the tech industry of the United States
- It seems relevant to ask, after two of them are shot (one killed) in a murder perpetrated by an ignorant white American racist, how this affects their feelings about this country and whether they want to continue coming here to contribute to our economy

Again, is any of this controversial to you?
If they are all of a sudden scared to come here because 2 people got shot by some nutjob maybe they aren't as smart as we thought. Unfortunately, people have been getting murdered in this country for a long time. It is surprising they didn't already know that.

The amount of racism in the US has been falling for a long time and that curve downward isn't slowing. Just because some foreigners incorrectly assume this isn't the case doesn't mean we can blame something that isn't occurring on our president.
02-27-2017 , 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahbahmickey
I am not in the tourism industry and my quality of life is very unlikely to go down if tourism is down 6-7%
"It doesn't affect me so I don't care" sums up your worldview in a nutshell quite nicely. You can continue to comment as an expert on how you feel about the world, but don't be offended when the rest of us ignore you because we're busy considering how things affect people other than you or us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahbahmickey
The amount of racism in the US has been falling for a long time and that curve downward isn't slowing. Just because some foreigners incorrectly assume this isn't the case doesn't mean we can blame something that isn't occurring on our president.
Anti-Muslim assaults reach 9/11-era levels, FBI data show. In the long trend of history racism may be falling, but in the short term hate is definitely the rise and it has a lot to do with our president. Those foreigners aren't wrong, you're wrong.
02-27-2017 , 04:51 PM
JFC, it's not about the total amount of racism, it's about racist groups becoming extreme and violent.
02-27-2017 , 05:07 PM
I don't usually post opinion articles, but this one brings up a salient fact about the administration's recent comments on potentially cracking down on recreational marijuana states: Trump said during his campaign he wouldn't do that. From this interview:

Quote:
RITTIMAN: I want to drill down on a couple of Colorado issues.

Chris Christie was one of the first sort of establishment guys to really jump in with both feet for you. He gets talked about as a possible AG pick, but he was also the only presidential candidate who was campaigning saying he would use federal authority to shut down sales of recreational marijuana in states like Colorado.

TRUMP: Yeah, I wouldnít do it, no.

RITTIMAN: You wouldnít let him?

TRUMP: No.


...
RITTIMAN: You think Colorado should be able to do what itís doing.

TRUMP: I think itís up to the states, yeah. Iím a states person. I think it should be up to the states, absolutely.
Would be a pretty disappointing breaking of a promise if he lets Sessions do that.
02-27-2017 , 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer
I don't usually post opinion articles, but this one brings up a salient fact about the administration's recent comments on potentially cracking down on recreational marijuana states: Trump said during his campaign he wouldn't do that. From this interview:



Would be a pretty disappointing breaking of a promise if he lets Sessions do that.
Feds have ultimate jurisdiction as Courts have been clear on that. Best way to handle this is change federal law.
02-27-2017 , 05:21 PM
Republicans hate democracy so much they're refusing to hold town halls all over the country.


      
m