Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
President Trump President Trump

02-24-2017 , 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aoFrantic
I wonder who is wrong, Victor or the guy who gets most of their news from anecdotes of people they've made up. I genuinely wonder. (Wil hasn't spent 30 minutes in his entire life researching gerrymandering)
Of course Victor is stating gerrymandering is involved in the control of the Senate. So there is that.
02-24-2017 , 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466
Like when I offered you your 50 bucks to my 1000 yesterday that you were lying?

Lol.
Shocked that the dude who failed at the markets makes a bad analogy at what "buying low" means.

Wil, for like the 800th time I stress to you that the habits of the LGBT community before HIV was discovered have no bearing on their habits since and an anonymous Internet post saying that people over the age of 50 could have a ton of partners had literally no bearing on our argument. How you still can't grasp that is mind blowing.
02-24-2017 , 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aoFrantic
Shocked that the dude who failed at the markets makes a bad analogy at what "buying low" means.
I think you should do a search in BFI for my investment in January of 2009. You think samsonh was actually correct?

Quote:
Wil, for like the 800th time I stress to you that the habits of the LGBT community before HIV was discovered have no bearing on their habits since and an anonymous Internet post saying that people over the age of 50 could have a ton of partners had literally no bearing on our argument. How you still can't grasp that is mind blowing.
But I didn't lie.
02-24-2017 , 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor
nope. gerrymandering and voter suppression has given the republicans control of the house and senate.

voter suppression has given the republicans control of the white house.

and the effed up fake news media has brainwashed a large portion of our society.

these are facts and they are easily viewed. the nebulous concept of backlash against liberals is not a fact and is impossible to find evidence of, but it is gleefully promoted by the fake news sites that are intent on destroying democracy.


Not picking on the poster. I consider this a hateful post. Not calling for moderation or anything. Just wondering what others think. I am sure many will respond essentially that is the truth. However, there is nothing to really back this up. They aren't facts. Expecting appeals to authority as a response.

The Republicans have held the House for 20 out of the last 24 years. The Dems held it from 2006-2010. From 1932 -1994 the Dems held the House all but 4 years IIRC. From 68-2020 the POTUS has been a Dem for 20 years (Carter, Clinton, and Obama) as the Repubs have held it for 32 years. The Senate has been back and forth since 94 as prior to that the Dems completely dominated. The 94 election was a seminal event in American politics. It isn't like the 2010 census suddenly started getting Republicans elected. It's an urban myth.
02-24-2017 , 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Sklansky
Not everyone. There are plenty of people who benefit psychologically from the thought that the reason for their plight or non success comes from bad luck or other people, and was beyond their control. For instance free college for everyone, something that I am for, will, besides helping many, force people who can't cut it in college to confront that fact rather than blame it on their circumstances.

Awhile ago a poster criticized a post made by Mason Malmuth that he thought was dumb with the approximate words "this post shows that people's success is many a matter of luck rather than anything else". Then a few weeks later there was a thread about the wiseness of a minimum guaranteed income for everyone including the unemployed. That same poster wrote "if that guaranteed income was high enough I would spend all my time hiking and skiing." Of course he exaggerated. But the point is that he wouldn't be spending his free time studying, inventing, writing, creating etc while most of the present day highly successful (now unemployed) would. He is wrong that success is almost exclusively luck (assuming you are not disabled, unless you want to include the lack of curiosity and ambition under that bad luck category. But if he realized that, nothing would change except he would feel bad.
Good post.

I agree with the general notion, even though I could come up with a few arguments why free college for everyone isnt a good idea.
(this probably isnt suited for the President Trump thread though and Im about to ban my account anyway, so Ill leave it at that)
02-24-2017 , 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerowo
LOL, can't attack the argument attack me instead.
I didn't attack you, I said you lack perspective on this topic. I obviously never said racism shouldn't be fought against.
02-24-2017 , 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466
I think you should do a search in BFI for my investment in January of 2009. You think samsonh was actually correct?



But I didn't lie.
The point seemed to go way over your head, again. Not shocked that you've literally never accepted the fact that the LGBT community changed dramatically once HIV was discovered. It's amazingly intellectually dishonest to keep skirting this.
02-24-2017 , 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adios
Not picking on the poster. I consider this a hateful post. Not calling for moderation or anything. Just wondering what others think. I am sure many will respond essentially that is the truth. However, there is nothing to really back this up. They aren't facts. Expecting appeals to authority as a response.

The Republicans have held the House for 20 out of the last 24 years. The Dems held it from 2006-2010. From 1932 -1994 the Dems held the House all but 4 years IIRC. From 68-2020 the POTUS has been a Dem for 20 years (Carter, Clinton, and Obama) as the Repubs have held it for 32 years. The Senate has been back and forth since 94 as prior to that the Dems completely dominated. The 94 election was a seminal event in American politics. It isn't like the 2010 census suddenly started getting Republicans elected. It's an urban myth.
Wait, you think gerrymandering is a myth? There are plenty of well researched studies on this.
02-24-2017 , 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adios
Not picking on the poster. I consider this a hateful post. Not calling for moderation or anything. Just wondering what others think. I am sure many will respond essentially that is the truth. However, there is nothing to really back this up. They aren't facts. Expecting appeals to authority as a response.

The Republicans have held the House for 20 out of the last 24 years. The Dems held it from 2006-2010. From 1932 -1994 the Dems held the House all but 4 years IIRC. From 68-2020 the POTUS has been a Dem for 20 years (Carter, Clinton, and Obama) as the Repubs have held it for 32 years. The Senate has been back and forth since 94 as prior to that the Dems completely dominated. The 94 election was a seminal event in American politics. It isn't like the 2010 census suddenly started getting Republicans elected. It's an urban myth.

Republicans are acting on a course that specifically goads hates after foreseeable hate for themselves. Are they personally responsible for how much of it? Any? 50%? 99% If it is a result of their choices is all their's?
02-24-2017 , 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aoFrantic
The point seemed to go way over your head, again. Not shocked that you've literally never accepted the fact that the LGBT community changed dramatically once HIV was discovered. It's amazingly intellectually dishonest to keep skirting this.
More intellectually dishonest than you editing your "literal copy and paste"?

Should have taken my 1000. The forum would have cheered.
02-24-2017 , 05:30 PM
What about the children who wanna grow up to be journalists?
02-24-2017 , 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466
Should have taken my 1000. The forum would have cheered.
Wouldn't have been the first time your loud boasting in this forum resulted in losing a grand, hey-o!
02-24-2017 , 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanktehbadwookie
Republicans are acting on a course that specifically goads hates after foreseeable hate for themselves. Are they personally responsible for how much of it? Any? 50%? 99% If it is a result of their choices is all their's?
There is no other option. Being nice isn't possible. The hatred and bigotry is coming from the left. You can't see it.

The right can't really voice their opinions, the only thing they have left is voting in private. And they didn't vote for the left.
02-24-2017 , 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer
Wouldn't have been the first time your loud boasting in this forum resulted in losing a grand, hey-o!
Scoreboard, though.
02-24-2017 , 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466
I didn't attack you, I said you lack perspective on this topic. I obviously never said racism shouldn't be fought against.
Wil you disregarded my argument because of personal reasons. That is an attack against me and ignores the argument. Whether I "know what racism" is or not I can call bull**** on you saying we should never fight against racism. That is exactly what you said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466
You can't make anything totally equal, you never will because it's actually not possible. The history of racism and the inequality of different groups can't be fixed. You can only try to create the same rules and hope the different groups of people come together in a cohesive way.
02-24-2017 , 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwaySushy
Lol. Goofy posting fake news again.
You literally do not know what "fake news" is. Last time you chimed in, you thought any article with anonymous sources was "fake news". You are too unknowledgeable to offer any input on this subject.
02-24-2017 , 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466
More intellectually dishonest than you editing your "literal copy and paste"?

Should have taken my 1000. The forum would have cheered.
Yes, because you still can't bring yourself to say that the discovery of HIV was a huge impact to the LGBT community or understand that was basically the entire ****ing argument.

Again, two days ago I said I would donate $200 to charity if you had a link that proved your claims. You balked. I then was sent your link, laughed at it, then posted that the majority (which you agreed with) people on that link disagreed with you.
I then said I posted the first 10 replies that were relevant
You then offered me 20:1 on $50 that I didn't do this
You then called me poor for not accepting your $50 bet despite offering $200 for the same thing 12 hours prior
I then laughed at you for thinking the post that riled you up was relevant at all, because it obviously wasn't.

You think this looks well on you. The $200 offer is still open fwiw.

Last edited by aoFrantic; 02-24-2017 at 05:43 PM.
02-24-2017 , 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466
There is no other option. Being nice isn't possible. The hatred and bigotry is coming from the left. You can't see it.

The right can't really voice their opinions, the only thing they have left is voting in private. And they didn't vote for the left.

That's a narrative of defeat and surrender. you have no choice but follow trump now? You even have to accuse me of not seeing it, but I already know you have no idea what I have seen and heard which i haven't told you. And here you are voicing your opinion while saying you can't really? It's not shouting you down asking if this is what you are really doing?

Can you tell hate and bigotry from contempt for hate and bigotry though? What the heck do you really know about that which would lead to this post?
02-24-2017 , 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerowo
Wil you disregarded my argument because of personal reasons. That is an attack against me and ignores the argument. Whether I "know what racism" is or not I can call bull**** on you saying we should never fight against racism. That is exactly what you said.
Saying that you're white and may lack a sense of perspective on something is "personal reasons"?
02-24-2017 , 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aoFrantic
I then said I posted the first 10 replies that were relevant
No, you posted the replies that helped your argument. That was not the claim you made, which is why you didn't accept the bet.
02-24-2017 , 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanktehbadwookie
That's a narrative of defeat and surrender. you have no choice but follow trump now? You even have to accuse me of not seeing it, but I already know you have no idea what I have seen and heard which i haven't told you. And here you are voicing your opinion while saying you can't really? It's not shouting you down asking if this is what you are really doing?

Can you tell hate and bigotry from contempt for hate and bigotry though? What the heck do you really know about that which would lead to this post?
I'm telling you how people who supported Trump feel. I'm unsure where you're getting all the rest.
02-24-2017 , 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466
I'm telling you how people who supported Trump feel. I'm unsure where you're getting all the rest.
I have reason not to believe people who support trump, without checking and investigating first. Also, I have been listening to trump supporters for months and months now.

I am asking you how you tell hatred and bigotry from contempt for hatred and bigotry? To see if you can support your assertions about people.
02-24-2017 , 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer
You literally do not know what "fake news" is. Last time you chimed in, you thought any article with anonymous sources was "fake news". You are too unknowledgeable to offer any input on this subject.
Unverified articles with anonymous sources are indeed "fake news" until verified.

Likewise stating blatantly incorrect stories as fact, as you did in the post I quoted, is also an example of "fake news".
02-24-2017 , 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanktehbadwookie
I have reason not to believe people who support trump, without checking and investigating first. Also, I have been listening to trump supporters for months and months now.
Rightfully so. I think everyone should feel this way at this point.

Quote:
I am asking you how you tell hatred and bigotry from contempt for hatred and bigotry? To see if you can support your assertions about people.
I think it can morph from contempt into actual hatred. When I say I think the left right now is the most dangerous thing I've ever seen in my adult life, do you think I'm kidding? The left is truly angry, and the right is growing more and more tired of them.

I hope it stops.
02-24-2017 , 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466
Rightfully so. I think everyone should feel this way at this point.



I think it can morph from contempt into actual hatred. When I say I think the left right now is the most dangerous thing I've ever seen in my adult life, do you think I'm kidding? The left is truly angry, and the right is growing more and more tired of them.

I hope it stops.
Anger is a normal and healthy emotion though, so your narrative about people is alt-informative on that matter.

      
m