Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Politics version 7.0 more politics.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2017, 11:37 AM   #1651
spanktehbadwookie
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
spanktehbadwookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: River Region
Posts: 19,376
Re: President Trump

People talk about victim hood and i question every time if they know what they talking about? When do they talk about abuse and abusers? What's the whole narrative?
spanktehbadwookie is offline  
Old 02-24-2017, 11:41 AM   #1652
ogallalabob
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,448
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ball View Post
Read it again. The study had black and white individuals in the working class category and black and white individuals in the middle-class category. THERE WAS STILL BIAS IN THE MIDDLE-CLASS CATEGORYY:
would be nice if the actual link to the study worked to see the actual numbers, but really not sure how in a phone message someone is to tell if someone is middle class or working class. Though I am guessing that both would be considered poor in NY. It is also interesting that they picked the one area ie therapists that really rather have self paying individuals then insurance clients I would guess that problem is even more pronounced in an area that therapists are in demand (ie only 15% are getting appointments).

Last edited by ogallalabob; 02-24-2017 at 12:03 PM.
ogallalabob is offline  
Old 02-24-2017, 11:44 AM   #1653
halcyon229
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: sitting on the sideline
Posts: 278
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ball View Post
What a joke of a study.

Take study 1 for example:

Quote:
123 students from a large public university participated in this study in exchange for course credit.
What could possibly be wrong about selecting a group out of exclusively university students? Did I already mention that the study has some serious issues by using a samplesize that consisted of 96 % women? Median Age of 19?

111/123 students being White?

I didn´t even read further, because it is ridiculous to use this study to make claims about anything.

If this is the best you can bring up against Wil´s arguments, this is hilarious
halcyon229 is offline  
Old 02-24-2017, 11:44 AM   #1654
samsonh
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Belmont Alum
Posts: 3,524
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466 View Post
2018 it is, then. Bring it. I think you guys are going to get your asses kicked again. But we'll see.
Wil,

You are aware Hillary had almost 3 million more votes, right? That you won your bet because of 70,000 votes in 3 states? Don't confuse you being lucky about getting something right with you being smart.
samsonh is offline  
Old 02-24-2017, 11:48 AM   #1655
spanktehbadwookie
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
spanktehbadwookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: River Region
Posts: 19,376
Re: President Trump

Supremacy posturing and cynical argumentation FIRST!
spanktehbadwookie is offline  
Old 02-24-2017, 11:49 AM   #1656
halcyon229
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: sitting on the sideline
Posts: 278
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ball View Post
There's a difference between "embracing victimhood" and denying empirical evidence of race-based discrimination. And since the vast majority of minorities who are successful do not deny this evidence, the idea that denying the evidence might be the key to success is nonsense.
I have looked into your "empirical evidence".

The methodological flaws are too vast to use this as evidence of race-based discrimination.

I think race-based discrimination is a problem, but the study you presented is not making your case stronger.

The idea is not denying the evidence. The idea is to do what is in your power to succeed regardless of race-based discrimination.
halcyon229 is offline  
Old 02-24-2017, 11:51 AM   #1657
wil318466
banned
 
wil318466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 19,155
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ball View Post
Read it again. The study had black and white individuals in the working class category and black and white individuals in the middle-class category. THERE WAS STILL BIAS IN THE MIDDLE-CLASS CATEGORYY:
Quite right, I misread the class, however the rest of my point still stands. There is a bias from educated people towards people who seemed less educated. I wouldn't be surprised if they only tested it with black patients using slang instead of something that would be more accurate - normal speaking black patients vs white patients using slang.

I would love to dig through the data and see how it was tested. I would also bet the reverse situations weren't tested because it wouldn't fly politically. The concept of reverse racism doesn't exist because the united States is majority white. I would not be surprised if they did a study using any other set of races against whites that the other race would have a slight bias towards their own race. If they did the same test with only Korean doctors and white patients using slang you'd probably see loltastic bias towards the Korean patients.

We are human beings and we have biases and tribalistic tendencies. Yes, I would not be surprised if white doctors had a bias towards white patients who spoke well vs black patients who used slang and grammatical errors. I would be very surprised if the majority of those white doctors would prefer seeing white patients using slang over black patients who didn't.
wil318466 is offline  
Old 02-24-2017, 11:54 AM   #1658
The REAL Trolly
old hand
 
The REAL Trolly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Accept no imitations
Posts: 1,604
Re: President Trump

I don't know how to say this without making it about the poster, but wil, you flat out don't understand how experimental studies work and what "controlling for class" means.
The REAL Trolly is offline  
Old 02-24-2017, 12:04 PM   #1659
wil318466
banned
 
wil318466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 19,155
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanktehbadwookie View Post
So you notice that is bragging, which has never really amounted to much in the long run. Even losers can brag.
.
It was just a joke spank, relax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by einbert View Post
What? You're highly clueless no matter what happens in the elections. What in the goddamn hell are you blathering about.
I disagree, but believe what you wish.
wil318466 is offline  
Old 02-24-2017, 12:06 PM   #1660
wil318466
banned
 
wil318466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 19,155
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsonh View Post
Wil,

You are aware Hillary had almost 3 million more votes, right? That you won your bet because of 70,000 votes in 3 states? Don't confuse you being lucky about getting something right with you being smart.
Luck had nothing to do with it. Elections aren't "luck". It's not a roll of the dice.
wil318466 is offline  
Old 02-24-2017, 12:14 PM   #1661
spanktehbadwookie
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
spanktehbadwookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: River Region
Posts: 19,376
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466 View Post
It was just a joke spank, relax.
How don't you know I am already relaxing? Did bragging getting called out make you tense?

Hey, racism and bigotry is still happening FYI. You dont have to take my word for it, just practice being perceptive.
spanktehbadwookie is offline  
Old 02-24-2017, 12:14 PM   #1662
aoFrantic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
aoFrantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 23,522
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by The REAL Trolly View Post
I don't know how to say this without making it about the poster, but wil, you flat out don't understand how experimental studies work and what "controlling for class" means.
He has no basic statistical knowledge. If you asked him to explain a two tailed test he'd ask what if you got heads in your coin flips.

Just in the latest post he pretends variance and distribution don't exist.
aoFrantic is offline  
Old 02-24-2017, 12:17 PM   #1663
wil318466
banned
 
wil318466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 19,155
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanktehbadwookie View Post
How don't you know I am already relaxing? Did bragging getting called out make you tense?

Hey, racism and bigotry is still happening FYI. You dont have to take my word for it, just practice being perceptive.
I agree with you, it is still happening. Ive never said it doesn't exist. I'm saying people can rise above it. Liberals take it to the point of idiocy, trying their best to make everything equal for everybody. That's not possible.
wil318466 is offline  
Old 02-24-2017, 12:21 PM   #1664
kerowo
lolcat
 
kerowo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,202
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466 View Post
I agree with you, it is still happening. Ive never said it doesn't exist. I'm saying people can rise above it. Liberals take it to the point of idiocy, trying their best to make everything equal for everybody. That's not possible.
So your point is that people being discriminated against should just pull themselves up by their bootstraps and the government shouldn't be trying to make it a level playground?

The great liberal Wil everyone...
kerowo is offline  
Old 02-24-2017, 12:22 PM   #1665
aoFrantic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
aoFrantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 23,522
Re: President Trump

Wil, can you point out where anyone said people can't rise above racism? The whole point of racism is that one group has to "rise above" certain things while another group strolls into those same accomplishments.

Again, Wil isn't arguing against anyone itt. He is arguing against points nobody has made. Because it's easy to argue against yourself, and that is all Wil is doing. It's just spam.
aoFrantic is offline  
Old 02-24-2017, 12:23 PM   #1666
HastenDan
banned
 
HastenDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,711
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer View Post
The entire left collectively cringed when Hillary did that. I appreciate you bringing up an example that demonstrates the left's outrage isn't related to whether it's an R or D in front of the person making the joke.
No. And you should probably nip the above sort of routine, as it damages credibility and is, well, objectively false.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
Lol at calling it cp time. Its nst and anyone who has bought drugs regularly knows that.
What is nst?
HastenDan is offline  
Old 02-24-2017, 12:26 PM   #1667
spanktehbadwookie
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
spanktehbadwookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: River Region
Posts: 19,376
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466 View Post
I agree with you, it is still happening. Ive never said it doesn't exist. I'm saying people can rise above it. Liberals take it to the point of idiocy, trying their best to make everything equal for everybody. That's not possible.
I doubt you know what 'liberals' are actually doing, but you are free to have that opinion.

And defying people who say 'that's not possible' brings many wonderful (and sometimes not so wonderful) things in my opinion and experience. So keep giving that opportunity, and I will always take it to stand and make things happen people said were not possible again and again.
spanktehbadwookie is offline  
Old 02-24-2017, 12:34 PM   #1668
Bladesman87
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 14,561
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by einbert View Post
Some of my best friends are white people.
Ive always wanted to use the line "some of my best friends are racists" but the wrong people won't know it's irony.
Bladesman87 is offline  
Old 02-24-2017, 12:36 PM   #1669
mongidig
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,124
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanktehbadwookie View Post
People talk about victim hood and i question every time if they know what they talking about? When do they talk about abuse and abusers? What's the whole narrative?
"The fall of a single leaf heralds the coming of autumn"
mongidig is offline  
Old 02-24-2017, 12:39 PM   #1670
Bladesman87
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 14,561
Re: President Trump

We all know the "victim mentality" is rhetoric designed to say "shut up and deal with it like a good [expletive removed]", which is funny because those guys aren't supposed to hide behind PC language like that.
Bladesman87 is offline  
Old 02-24-2017, 12:42 PM   #1671
kerowo
lolcat
 
kerowo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,202
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongidig View Post
Post was deleted
Breitbart isn't a valid source of news.

Last edited by chezlaw; 02-24-2017 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Offending post removed, left for continuity
kerowo is offline  
Old 02-24-2017, 12:44 PM   #1672
Bladesman87
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 14,561
Re: President Trump

Although their standards have gone up slightly since sacking a paedo apologist so, relatively speaking, now is the best time for them.
Bladesman87 is offline  
Old 02-24-2017, 12:45 PM   #1673
aoFrantic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
aoFrantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 23,522
Re: President Trump

Four days ago mong told me he "rarely leads brietbart" when I accused him of getting most of his news from white nationalist sources. He's back to posting multiple links a day. I'm shocked!
aoFrantic is offline  
Old 02-24-2017, 12:45 PM   #1674
wil318466
banned
 
wil318466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 19,155
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerowo View Post
So your point is that people being discriminated against should just pull themselves up by their bootstraps and the government shouldn't be trying to make it a level playground?

The great liberal Wil everyone...
You can't make anything totally equal, you never will because it's actually not possible. The history of racism and the inequality of different groups can't be fixed. You can only try to create the same rules and hope the different groups of people come together in a cohesive way.
wil318466 is offline  
Old 02-24-2017, 12:47 PM   #1675
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by HastenDan View Post
No. And you should probably nip the above sort of routine, as it damages credibility and is, well, objectively false.
I admit I'm not plugged into Correct The Record and all the pro-Hillary bastions you were probably following, but on this forum full of what you claim to be fake liberals the reaction was "Jesus, ugh, no" which is good enough for me.
goofyballer is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive