Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Politics version 7.0 more politics.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2017, 04:20 AM   #1376
Gabby Hayes
veteran
 
Gabby Hayes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wild Wild West
Posts: 2,847
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466 View Post
I disagree with this sentiment. The "right" didn't tap into anything, they got wildly lucky. The "left" over-reached and the response to that was the alt-right. Things got weird and they started bringing up things that made others respond, who would have preferred not doing anything since they were fine with the status quo.

The leftist political class made our decisions for us throughout the Western world. They pictured a world without borders and free movement of wildly different cultures moving where they wish. They forgot the people actually have to agree with them, and the people have spoken, rejecting that sentiment.

I'm afraid we are moving towards war. If that happens, you can blame it all on video games.
I actually agree with all of this except for where you say they didn't tap into something. They tapped into the very thing you mention about the Left overreaching their extreme ideologies on being overly PC about everything, making everyone apologize publicly for "insensitive" remarks, policing "thought" whether offensive or not, putting feminists and minorities in charge of "what is moral". Yeah, a large group(bubbling under the surface) felt that this was a wrong way to communicate and silently wanted to rebel. But you can't deny that Trump didn't "tap" into that. One of the first Republican debates, and I am paraphrasing, when he defends himself against Megyn Kelly, he says I'm not going to be PC and the people are sick of this PC bull**** anyway. He was real and tapped into that audience that realizes all this PC bull**** was mind control. It's not racism or bigotry which the Left describes. It's just human. The fact is that different races and cultures are different and we can acknowledge that, is a beautiful thing. We should be able to admire it, make fun of it, be annoyed by it, learn from it... it's a part of what makes life unique and interesting.

But most of all, all this was a distraction to the real issues for the last decade. Mainly the economy and the middle class job opportunities has been a joke. And Trump tapped into that because it was a real experience for the middle class...while Hillary was relying on her media, Hollywood, $$$ machine with no platform to help the middle class.
Gabby Hayes is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 04:48 AM   #1377
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby Hayes View Post
It's not racism or bigotry which the Left describes. It's just human. The fact is that different races and cultures are different and we can acknowledge that, is a beautiful thing. We should be able to admire it, make fun of it, be annoyed by it, learn from it... it's a part of what makes life unique and interesting.
goofyballer is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 05:16 AM   #1378
Gabby Hayes
veteran
 
Gabby Hayes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wild Wild West
Posts: 2,847
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer View Post
Oh come on. You're singling out one specific news report. And it has nothing to do with politics, it's just a criminal committing a criminal act. These crazy hate crimes have been going on forever. And it's a very small segment now, it just gets reported in plain sight more often because the media has this agenda. If you think hate crimes or that there is this general army of racist people made from our political climate more nowadays as opposed to 10, 20, 30, 40+ years ago, you are brainwashed. The incidents that happen are spotlighted to distract us from the real issues.

This leftist idea that we are going to be able to live in a society that has no hatred is very misleading. There are always bad people, just like there will always be murderers, robberers and crime syndicates. But to label millions and millions of people as bigots is an utter joke.
Gabby Hayes is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 05:31 AM   #1379
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby Hayes View Post
Oh come on. You're singling out one specific news report. And it has nothing to do with politics, it's just a criminal committing a criminal act. These crazy hate crimes have been going on forever. And it's a very small segment now, it just gets reported in plain sight more often because the media has this agenda.
No, no, no, no, no. There's a reason I put the Ferguson DoJ report last in that post. That wasn't a hate crime, that wasn't plain and obvious bigotry by an outlying or abnormal segment of society wearing white hoods. That was average-ass police officers, who go home to their families at the end of their shift every day, going out and doing their jobs and in the process treating poor black people in their city like ATMs and routinely violating their civil rights.

This strawman you're constructing where conservatives just want to make slightly uncouth jokes about our differences and liberals say "no, stop, you're not allowed to see color", and that's the problem you're saying is happening here - who do you think you're fooling with that ****?
goofyballer is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 08:05 AM   #1380
13ball
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
13ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: No Quarter is a Sandy Hook Truther
Posts: 12,925
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby Hayes View Post
putting feminists and minorities in charge of "what is moral".
This is obviously a job only white men can do.
13ball is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 09:26 AM   #1381
bahbahmickey
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bahbahmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UTG-3
Posts: 13,302
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer View Post
No, no, no, no, no. There's a reason I put the Ferguson DoJ report last in that post. That wasn't a hate crime, that wasn't plain and obvious bigotry by an outlying or abnormal segment of society wearing white hoods. That was average-ass police officers, who go home to their families at the end of their shift every day, going out and doing their jobs and in the process treating poor black people in their city like ATMs and routinely violating their civil rights.

This strawman you're constructing where conservatives just want to make slightly uncouth jokes about our differences and liberals say "no, stop, you're not allowed to see color", and that's the problem you're saying is happening here - who do you think you're fooling with that ****?
There is a police department that tries to increase revenues by giving out more tickets and fines. This is ground breaking news!

There were 14 instances of resisting arrest during X time frame and all 14 were black people. Yeah, that mean cops are racist!

One time a cop harassed a grown man at a park and accused him of being a pedophile. Guess what race he was? Yeah you guessed it. That cop is racist.

A woman was late paying a parking ticket and now she ended up paying way more because she was an African American. Please note the extra payment had nothing to with her not paying on time.

That Washington post is doing some amazing journalism.
bahbahmickey is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 10:10 AM   #1382
kerowo
lolcat
 
kerowo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,202
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby Hayes View Post
I actually agree with all of this except for where you say they didn't tap into something. They tapped into the very thing you mention about the Left overreaching their extreme ideologies on being overly PC about everything, making everyone apologize publicly for "insensitive" remarks, policing "thought" whether offensive or not, putting feminists and minorities in charge of "what is moral". Yeah, a large group(bubbling under the surface) felt that this was a wrong way to communicate and silently wanted to rebel. But you can't deny that Trump didn't "tap" into that. One of the first Republican debates, and I am paraphrasing, when he defends himself against Megyn Kelly, he says I'm not going to be PC and the people are sick of this PC bull**** anyway. He was real and tapped into that audience that realizes all this PC bull**** was mind control. It's not racism or bigotry which the Left describes. It's just human. The fact is that different races and cultures are different and we can acknowledge that, is a beautiful thing. We should be able to admire it, make fun of it, be annoyed by it, learn from it... it's a part of what makes life unique and interesting.

But most of all, all this was a distraction to the real issues for the last decade. Mainly the economy and the middle class job opportunities has been a joke. And Trump tapped into that because it was a real experience for the middle class...while Hillary was relying on her media, Hollywood, $$$ machine with no platform to help the middle class.
No
kerowo is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 10:12 AM   #1383
kerowo
lolcat
 
kerowo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,202
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahbahmickey View Post
There is a police department that tries to increase revenues by giving out more tickets and fines. This is ground breaking news!

There were 14 instances of resisting arrest during X time frame and all 14 were black people. Yeah, that mean cops are racist!

One time a cop harassed a grown man at a park and accused him of being a pedophile. Guess what race he was? Yeah you guessed it. That cop is racist.

A woman was late paying a parking ticket and now she ended up paying way more because she was an African American. Please note the extra payment had nothing to with her not paying on time.

That Washington post is doing some amazing journalism.
Wow
kerowo is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 10:25 AM   #1384
13ball
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
13ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: No Quarter is a Sandy Hook Truther
Posts: 12,925
Re: President Trump

Racist denies racism. News at 11.
13ball is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 10:51 AM   #1385
spanktehbadwookie
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
spanktehbadwookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: River Region
Posts: 19,376
Re: President Trump

Little "lords" of "morality" don't like them women and minorities questioning their "lordliness". What if that were brand new?
spanktehbadwookie is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 12:41 PM   #1386
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: President Trump

lol bahbah
goofyballer is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 12:56 PM   #1387
adios
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Russian Troll
Posts: 22,417
Post Re: President Trump

Rioting in Sweden today in a neighborhood primarily composed of refugees.
adios is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 12:57 PM   #1388
bahbahmickey
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bahbahmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UTG-3
Posts: 13,302
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ball View Post
Racist denies racism. News at 11.
I'm not denying racism in the US or Ferguson. I am just saying that particular article came up with some pretty terrible examples.

I think there is evidence racism exists in our system where one race is so much more likely to be arrested than others. I just disagree at the distribution of blame. It seems like cops catch 99% of blame where there are so many other factors that need to be considered. For example: at least part of the reason AA are more likely to be arrested than other races is because of the neighborhoods AA are more likely to live in. Cops to tend spend more time in low income neighborhoods so if there is a higher % of AA in those neighborhoods (than the national avg.) I assume that is part of the reason for the more arrests.

This is just like the argument I had a year ago on 2+2 where I said the hiring process for fortune 500 CEOs catches way to much blame on the problem of too few minority and female CEOs of fortune 500. I was literally called racist by multiple people for saying there are other events/factors that happened before the hiring process that deserve some blame.

Please leave the personally attacks out of this and try to attack my argument.
bahbahmickey is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 01:19 PM   #1389
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: President Trump

Your argument is facile garbage and basically boils down to looking at the DoJ report and saying "nuh uh".

Quote:
Originally Posted by article
The disproportionate number of arrests, tickets and use of force stemmed from “unlawful bias,” rather than black people committing more crime.
Yeah, no, your **** doesn't deserve the time of day.
goofyballer is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 01:34 PM   #1390
spanktehbadwookie
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
spanktehbadwookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: River Region
Posts: 19,376
Re: President Trump

"Lords" of the immigrants, and of the savings accounts for the sick, and still, of The Native Americans.

History is recorded and stored better than ever yo!
spanktehbadwookie is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 02:20 PM   #1391
bahbahmickey
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bahbahmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UTG-3
Posts: 13,302
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer View Post
Your argument is facile garbage and basically boils down to looking at the DoJ report and saying "nuh uh".

Yeah, no, your **** doesn't deserve the time of day.
I am agreeing there is an "unlawful bias". I am just of the opinion that the police doesn't deserve near as much of the blame as they are given. There are plenty of other unlawful events that take place prior to cops approaching civilians that could make it appear that they are racist.

Again, I am not denying that some cops are racist. I am saying the police force in general isn't as racist as we are lead to believe - AINEC.
bahbahmickey is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 03:05 PM   #1392
Victor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 65,788
Re: President Trump

if anything the police are being found to be far more racist than we imagined
Victor is online now  
Old 02-21-2017, 03:48 PM   #1393
57 On Red
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 4,700
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by adios View Post
Rioting in Sweden today in a neighborhood primarily composed of refugees.
Fifty people. Police got on top of it. Everybody went home. Rather less disruption than at Berkeley where the police chose not to do very much about anything.
57 On Red is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 04:30 PM   #1394
spanktehbadwookie
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
spanktehbadwookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: River Region
Posts: 19,376
Re: President Trump

Republicans already forgot all the bigotry denial that was lost during the great opening up and telling it like it is of 2016. But we remember how and why all that denial collapsed. No wonder that spice-guy can be satired by an angry prejudiced dog puppet.

'St'hate's rrrrrrrrights tho'
spanktehbadwookie is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 05:03 PM   #1395
bahbahmickey
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bahbahmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UTG-3
Posts: 13,302
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
if anything the police are being found to be far more racist than we imagined
I've never seen an article that shows this. All the articles I've read that try to make this claim were written for and by people who don't understand statistics. Do you have an article or paper under 25 pages (ie- I don't have a lot of free time tonight, but if it is short I can manage it) that supports your claim? Or is this one of those cases where someone thinks there is more of something just because they hear more about it.
bahbahmickey is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 05:10 PM   #1396
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahbahmickey View Post
I've never seen an article that shows this. All the articles I've read that try to make this claim were written for and by people who don't understand statistics. Do you have an article or paper under 25 pages (ie- I don't have a lot of free time tonight, but if it is short I can manage it) that supports your claim?
http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/doc...partment/1435/

Damn, this one is 100 pages, too bad there aren't any people or websites out there that can summarize it for you...
goofyballer is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 05:28 PM   #1397
13ball
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
13ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: No Quarter is a Sandy Hook Truther
Posts: 12,925
Re: President Trump

The FBI Has Quietly Investigated White Supremacist Infiltration of Law Enforcement
13ball is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 06:10 PM   #1398
bahbahmickey
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bahbahmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UTG-3
Posts: 13,302
Re: President Trump

I don't disagree with the article that there are white supremacists in law enforcement. However, the article fails to mention that there are white supremacists in every industry imaginable.

Hold the phone... Skinhead groups, or any crime group, are trying to convince some members to join a police force and hide the fact that they are part of a crime group so they can find out about investigations. That is so crafty - I don't know why crime groups haven't been doing that for the past 100 years.

I guess I have to reiterate my point again: Yes, there are racist cops... but you are a crazy person if you think the entirety of the US police force is more racist in 2017 than any other time in the history of this country.

BTW- If you regularly visit that site I feel bad for you.
bahbahmickey is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 06:42 PM   #1399
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahbahmickey View Post
but you are a crazy person if you think the entirety of the US police force is more racist in 2017 than any other time in the history of this country.
Are you saying this is the least racist time ever, or simply that it's not the most racist?
goofyballer is offline  
Old 02-21-2017, 06:56 PM   #1400
spanktehbadwookie
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
spanktehbadwookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: River Region
Posts: 19,376
Re: President Trump

I thought the republicans had 'committed' to racism's absurd disappearance some time between the 80's and Obama, without completely accounting for it actually vanishing.
spanktehbadwookie is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive