Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Politics version 7.0 more politics.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2017, 04:45 PM   #11176
spanktehbadwookie
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
spanktehbadwookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: River Region
Posts: 19,376
President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoOrDoNot View Post
There's no such thing as 'transgender' unless you buy into the concept that gender is socially constructed.


Your arguing about something which is beyond your actual scope to observe because it is a different individual than you. So your argument rests upon imagining a social construct where you tell people what and who they are based solely on what you can only imagine and never directly observe.
spanktehbadwookie is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 04:48 PM   #11177
5ive
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
5ive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Harvard, in a place like Africa
Posts: 6,751
Re: President Trump

If we concluded that in fact transgenderism gave off dangerous levels of ionizing radiation, would you concur with chaining them together at the bottom of the ocean?
5ive is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 04:53 PM   #11178
spanktehbadwookie
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
spanktehbadwookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: River Region
Posts: 19,376
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ive View Post
If we concluded that in fact transgenderism gave off dangerous levels of ionizing radiation, would you concur with chaining them together at the bottom of the ocean?


That's clearly a social construct which proves everything is nothing because leftists.
spanktehbadwookie is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 04:55 PM   #11179
well named
poorly undertitled
 
well named's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: esse est coesse
Posts: 78,088
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoOrDoNot View Post
There's no such thing as 'transgender' unless you buy into the concept that gender is socially constructed.
I don't think this is true. For example, earlier in this conversation I linked this article.

"Social construction", of course, is also a relevant concept, albeit a much-misunderstood one. But, I understand saying that transgender only exists under the umbrella of social construction to be a denial that there is any biological basis to being transgender. That is very likely false.
well named is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 05:01 PM   #11180
TiltedDonkey
veteran
 
TiltedDonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,977
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoOrDoNot View Post
It's not any more loaded than insinuating 'white racial grievances.'
Uh.. when you just say something, you aren't insinuating it.
TiltedDonkey is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 05:01 PM   #11181
nomaddd
temp-banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 182
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by well named View Post
I don't think this is true. For example, earlier in this conversation I linked this article.

"Social construction", of course, is also a relevant concept, albeit a much-misunderstood one. But, I understand saying that transgender only exists under the umbrella of social construction to be a denial that there is any biological basis to being transgender. That is very likely false.
I really do not think you understand that study. It studied the differences in white matter within the brain, and it no way implies there is an entirely different sex/gender that exist. I do not think anyone would argue that TG's brains are different, just the same as people would argue that compulsive gamblers brains are different.

Sex/Gender is a biological fact, TG is more akin to a condition of some sort.
nomaddd is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 05:04 PM   #11182
well named
poorly undertitled
 
well named's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: esse est coesse
Posts: 78,088
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomaddd View Post
I really do not think you understand that study. It studied the differences in white matter within the brain, and it no way implies there is an entirely different sex/gender that exist.
I did not claim that it implied that there is an entirely different sex/gender. However, I would point out that I think you have a problem in your understanding of the relationship between conceptual categories (sex/gender) and biology. But that's not relevant to the point I was making. I only claimed that there is a biological basis to being transgender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomaddd View Post
I do not think anyone would argue that TG's brains are different, just the same as people would argue that compulsive gamblers brains are different.
My understanding is that the post I quoted was arguing exactly what you think it is not arguing. Perhaps I'm wrong, but that's what it implies to me.
well named is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 05:07 PM   #11183
TiltedDonkey
veteran
 
TiltedDonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,977
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoOrDoNot View Post
Compelled speech for one. Do some research.
What is the compelled speech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoOrDoNot View Post
Yes, they aren't penning legislation requiring genetic tests to use bathrooms. What I said was correct. I didn't know about the ones requiring ID and doubt it is even true. It certainly would be ridiculous to see it enforced.





I readily admit this **** all the time. Im not a member of the Republican party, and I lean conservative in my politics because I see a trend of ever increasing political dominance by the far left, which is really dangerous for both the reason that it leads to less freedom for their opponents and it will spurn a violent right wing reaction---neither of which I want. I can't speak for you but I HOPE you would feel the same way, though I doubt you do certainly about the former.
Good point, the far left GOP does control every branch of government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyMac View Post
Do you ever get tired of just sounding like Charlie Brown's teacher?

Ahahahaha you self-own so regularly.

Spoiler:
TiltedDonkey is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 05:08 PM   #11184
spanktehbadwookie
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
spanktehbadwookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: River Region
Posts: 19,376
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomaddd View Post
I really do not think you understand that study. It studied the differences in white matter within the brain, and it no way implies there is an entirely different sex/gender that exist. I do not think anyone would argue that TG's brains are different, just the same as people would argue that compulsive gamblers brains are different.



Sex/Gender is a biological fact, TG is more akin to a condition of some sort.

As apparent, You have a condition which involves minding other's genitalia and personal statements which you can only imagine and never actually see.
spanktehbadwookie is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 05:10 PM   #11185
TiltedDonkey
veteran
 
TiltedDonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,977
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoOrDoNot View Post
I don't have a problem with peaceful protest. I do have a problem with minorities (I am not talking about race specifically here) compelling governments to go against the majority. I also think the absolute association of slavery with the confederate States is unfair. Certainly there is a relationship there but it's not absolute exclusive to everything else.
Uh...


wow
TiltedDonkey is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 05:35 PM   #11186
samsonh
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Belmont Alum
Posts: 3,524
Re: President Trump

I think we need more William in this thread. He has nuanced, research, and well thought out views. Jiggy is getting old because I don't think he legitimately believes his posts.

William is a true beta cuck and we need more!!

Last edited by samsonh; 07-26-2017 at 05:41 PM.
samsonh is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 05:39 PM   #11187
batair
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
batair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: idiocracy
Posts: 16,806
Re: President Trump

Has anyone figured out why it's ok for a grown ass man accused of raping a 13 year old named donnie to go into teenage girls changing rooms but not TG women.
batair is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 05:41 PM   #11188
Max Cut
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: President Trump

Jiggy is just trying to hone his skills in hopes of future employment in the Trumplandia National Ministry of Propaganda, perhaps one day heading up the gaslighting or cyber trolling division.
 
Old 07-26-2017, 05:44 PM   #11189
Max Cut
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by batair View Post
Has anyone figured out why it's ok for a grown ass man accused of raping a 13 year old named donnie to go into teenage girls changing rooms but not TG women.
For tumpkins, one is red meat and the other doesn't look like anything to me.
 
Old 07-26-2017, 06:41 PM   #11190
2OutsNoProb
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: BK, NY
Posts: 15,997
Re: President Trump

Still waiting for any logical reasoning as to why transgendered persons shouldn't be in the military and what negative they pose if they are. The only support for this move I see is from Trumpers who go along with whatever he does, RWNJ talking heads and article writers from garbage like Breitbart or The Federalist, or people with "Constitutional Conservative" (read:bigot) in their social media header.
2OutsNoProb is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 07:01 PM   #11191
DoOrDoNot
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,763
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by well named View Post
I don't think this is true. For example, earlier in this conversation I linked this article.

"Social construction", of course, is also a relevant concept, albeit a much-misunderstood one. But, I understand saying that transgender only exists under the umbrella of social construction to be a denial that there is any biological basis to being transgender. That is very likely false.
Do you believe sex is solely biological or do you think it's possible to have a girls penis and/or a boy vagina? Do you believe there is a difference between sex and gender? What makes up this difference? What is your definition of sex? What is your definition of gender? What is your definition of gender identity?
DoOrDoNot is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 07:02 PM   #11192
DoOrDoNot
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,763
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltedDonkey View Post
Uh...


wow
You seem pretty easily shocked, did you do too much acid when you were a teenager or something?
DoOrDoNot is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 07:04 PM   #11193
DoOrDoNot
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,763
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltedDonkey View Post
What is the compelled speech?
Speech I am compelled to perform by law.



Quote:
Good point, the far left GOP does control every branch of government.
Culturally, leftists are in the majority. Even conservatism has shunted left in the last 70 years, to a great degree.
DoOrDoNot is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 07:05 PM   #11194
DoOrDoNot
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,763
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltedDonkey View Post
Uh.. when you just say something, you aren't insinuating it.
Just because you say something doesn't make it so either.

Last edited by DoOrDoNot; 07-26-2017 at 07:19 PM.
DoOrDoNot is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 07:07 PM   #11195
spanktehbadwookie
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
spanktehbadwookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: River Region
Posts: 19,376
Re: President Trump

A reminder of the ironic cockiness of 'but a dick is a dick' is all in the eye of the conservative genitalia beholder.
spanktehbadwookie is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 07:07 PM   #11196
DoOrDoNot
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,763
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanktehbadwookie View Post
Your arguing about something which is beyond your actual scope to observe because it is a different individual than you. So your argument rests upon imagining a social construct where you tell people what and who they are based solely on what you can only imagine and never directly observe.
Kinda like how it's not possible for a born male to know what it's like to be female?
DoOrDoNot is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 07:11 PM   #11197
spanktehbadwookie
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
spanktehbadwookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: River Region
Posts: 19,376
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoOrDoNot View Post
Kinda like how it's not possible for a born male to know what it's like to be female?


Who put you in charge of what is possible and what others know?
spanktehbadwookie is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 07:19 PM   #11198
DoOrDoNot
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,763
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanktehbadwookie View Post
Who put you in charge of what is possible and what others know?
You claim it's possible that a born male can know what it's like to be a female, so I ask you the same question. Who put you in charge? How is it even possible? Just because someone claims something doesn't mean it's true.

For example I dunno if you're religious or not but you'd probably think someone claiming they've had a direct experience of God is either delusional or lying, yet I bet you don't make the same argument for them.
DoOrDoNot is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 07:20 PM   #11199
spanktehbadwookie
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
spanktehbadwookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: River Region
Posts: 19,376
President Trump

Altzi Psychic Anatomy Contest. They shall mind the very possibility of peen and/or vag.
spanktehbadwookie is offline  
Old 07-26-2017, 07:22 PM   #11200
spanktehbadwookie
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
spanktehbadwookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: River Region
Posts: 19,376
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoOrDoNot View Post
You claim it's possible that a born male can know what it's like to be a female, so I ask you the same question. Who put you in charge? How is it even possible? Just because someone claims something doesn't mean it's true.


Why would I assert authority over what's possible and known by others when listening is far more reliable and superior?
spanktehbadwookie is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive