Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Politics version 7.0 more politics.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2017, 02:06 PM   #9276
batair
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
batair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: idiocracy
Posts: 16,806
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyMac View Post
I doubt it.
You must have never worked for a longterm stuggeling small business or one which went slowly belly up.
batair is offline  
Old 07-14-2017, 02:08 PM   #9277
JiggyMac
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,809
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by batair View Post
You must have never worked for a longterm stuggeling small business or one which went slowly belly up.
You must not know the meaning of the word poor.
JiggyMac is offline  
Old 07-14-2017, 02:13 PM   #9278
Max Cut
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchiBee View Post
I already explained to you that when a politician talks about a rising tide that lifts all boats or that trickle down will lessen economic disparity they are lying to you.

Trickle down increases the overall productivity of a society, and it does that well.
OK, I see what you're saying. That first point is the one I was talking about and we are in agreement on that. I don't cede the second point, but have no desire to peruse it because even if correct, it's not good for the country (specifically, when income/wealth gaps are too large it is not good).
 
Old 07-14-2017, 02:13 PM   #9279
JiggyMac
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,809
Re: President Trump

Turns out this new "lobbyist" was working for Fusion GPS, the "pee dossier" firm.

No conspiracy though, Don Jr. was obviously hoping that he was going to meeting to sell the US out to Putin. He even brought the United States in a suitcase to turn directly over to him - bold move considering the election was a few more months away.

http://www.newsweek.com/who-rinat-ak...rump-jr-637050
JiggyMac is offline  
Old 07-14-2017, 02:15 PM   #9280
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: President Trump

Individual retirement is so idiotic. You have no idea how long you're going to live, but pool enough people together and you know statistically how long all of them will live.

The biggest problem with retirement isn't who runs it, it's the insane idea that individuals should be responsible for knowing how long they'll need money for.
goofyballer is offline  
Old 07-14-2017, 02:16 PM   #9281
BitchiBee
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 24,622
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Cut View Post
OK, I see what you're saying. That first point is the one I was talking about and we are in agreement on that. I don't cede the second point, but have no desire to peruse it because even if correct, it's not good for the country.
The second part is important because that is what the economic argument regarding income inequality hinges on and why this argument is timeless and will never be resolved.

the left cares more about income inequality
and the right cares more about overall productivity

both are important and a functioning society is a balance of these two goods. Too much inequality and your country is unstable and prone to crime and revolution, too little and your country becomes unproductive and stagnant and eventually starves.
BitchiBee is offline  
Old 07-14-2017, 02:19 PM   #9282
Max Cut
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyMac View Post
You must not know the meaning of the word poor.
You're premise seems to be that only non-poor can create jobs. Is that correct?
 
Old 07-14-2017, 02:24 PM   #9283
Huehuecoyotl
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Huehuecoyotl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: It's hard to get by on a smile
Posts: 29,293
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchiBee View Post
The second part is important because that is what the economic argument regarding income inequality hinges on and why this argument is timeless and will never be resolved.

the left cares more about income inequality
and the right cares more about overall productivity

both are important and a functioning society is a balance of these two goods. Too much inequality and your country is unstable and prone to crime and revolution, too little and your country becomes unproductive and stagnant and eventually starves.
This isn't true at all.
Huehuecoyotl is offline  
Old 07-14-2017, 02:25 PM   #9284
batair
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
batair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: idiocracy
Posts: 16,806
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyMac View Post
You must not know the meaning of the word poor.
No I know. I even had one in a far away world when I was poor by the gov standards of poor. Small lawn care business with one other employee.

You must not think out the things you think.
batair is offline  
Old 07-14-2017, 02:28 PM   #9285
BitchiBee
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 24,622
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
This isn't true at all.
soviet union, china, venezuala... history is replete with examples of societies that grind to a halt after a few decades of radical egalitarianism

just as a thought experiment, high lvls of income disparity is bad on its face. If decreasing income disparity also improves the economy why doesn't it become the defacto ideology of every person and society of the world.
BitchiBee is offline  
Old 07-14-2017, 02:30 PM   #9286
Max Cut
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyMac View Post
Turns out this new "lobbyist" was working for Fusion GPS, the "pee dossier" firm.

No conspiracy though, Don Jr. was obviously hoping that he was going to meeting to sell the US out to Putin. He even brought the United States in a suitcase to turn directly over to him - bold move considering the election was a few more months away.

http://www.newsweek.com/who-rinat-ak...rump-jr-637050
Why did they not mention he was there? I mean especially if it somehow helps to exonerate them via this weird conspiracy theory. Why all the lies and cover up?
 
Old 07-14-2017, 02:37 PM   #9287
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: President Trump

From Alpha: Judge throws out conviction of woman who laughed during Jeff Sessions' testimony

Reminder that all you Trumpkins voted for the DoJ that actually finds this case to be worth prosecuting
goofyballer is offline  
Old 07-14-2017, 02:37 PM   #9288
13ball
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
13ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: No Quarter is a Sandy Hook Truther
Posts: 12,925
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyMac View Post
Republican donor kills himself after talking about working with Russian hackers to get Hillary Clinton's emails

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/r...021051687.html

He should've known better, like Comey.

Of course Jiggy is stupid enough to believe the Clinton Body Count Super Death Squad Conspiracy. Yes, Clinton had this guy "suicided" because he was implicating Flynn and the Trump administration in criminal activity. That makes sense.
13ball is offline  
Old 07-14-2017, 02:39 PM   #9289
BitchiBee
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 24,622
Re: President Trump

the obama doj prosecuted Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, all doj's are baised and political

I could easily say

Reminder that all you Obamakins voted for the DoJ that actually finds this case to be worth prosecuting
BitchiBee is offline  
Old 07-14-2017, 02:44 PM   #9290
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchiBee View Post
the obama doj prosecuted Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, all doj's are baised and political

I could easily say

Reminder that all you Obamakins voted for the DoJ that actually finds this case to be worth prosecuting
...and you'd be right! I did vote for that, just like you voted for this!
goofyballer is offline  
Old 07-14-2017, 02:50 PM   #9291
13ball
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
13ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: No Quarter is a Sandy Hook Truther
Posts: 12,925
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchiBee View Post
the obama doj prosecuted Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, all doj's are baised and political

I could easily say

Reminder that all you Obamakins voted for the DoJ that actually finds this case to be worth prosecuting
I guess we should just let people violate their probation agreements? I don't care either way, but the case seems reasonable.
13ball is offline  
Old 07-14-2017, 02:53 PM   #9292
Tuma
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Tuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: maybe today
Posts: 15,071
Re: President Trump

the CIA has everything under control
Tuma is offline  
Old 07-14-2017, 02:58 PM   #9293
BitchiBee
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 24,622
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ball View Post
I guess we should just let people violate their probation agreements? I don't care either way, but the case seems reasonable.
ok I'll concede that case even tho to me it seems obvious that if the political crisis did not happen this man would not have been prosecuted

what about dinesh d'souza whos the only man in the history of the USA to have gone to jail for the crime he commited

the point is that people with political power wield the justice system in their favor, bringing up that us Trumpkins voted for his misuse in this case is absurd.
BitchiBee is offline  
Old 07-14-2017, 03:04 PM   #9294
5ive
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
5ive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Harvard, in a place like Africa
Posts: 6,751
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer View Post
I can't believe how many posts this thread had in a 2 hour span that didn't really even say a single thing
i go on a 3 day hiatus and it's like wtf
5ive is offline  
Old 07-14-2017, 03:06 PM   #9295
bahbahmickey
temp-banned
 
bahbahmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UTG-3
Posts: 13,319
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchiBee View Post
The second part is important because that is what the economic argument regarding income inequality hinges on and why this argument is timeless and will never be resolved.

the left cares more about income inequality
and the right cares more about overall productivity

both are important and a functioning society is a balance of these two goods. Too much inequality and your country is unstable and prone to crime and revolution, too little and your country becomes unproductive and stagnant and eventually starves.
Income inequality is a made up issue and has never and will never be a real problem in the USA.
bahbahmickey is offline  
Old 07-14-2017, 03:07 PM   #9296
Max Cut
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: President Trump

cool, glad that's settled
 
Old 07-14-2017, 03:17 PM   #9297
Huehuecoyotl
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Huehuecoyotl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: It's hard to get by on a smile
Posts: 29,293
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchiBee View Post
soviet union, china, venezuala... history is replete with examples of societies that grind to a halt after a few decades of radical egalitarianism

just as a thought experiment, high lvls of income disparity is bad on its face. If decreasing income disparity also improves the economy why doesn't it become the defacto ideology of every person and society of the world.
But none of those countries were egalitarian. They may have said they were fighting inequality and may have actually reduced inequality somewhat, but their outcomes aren't synonymous with reducing inequality. The Nordic countries have less inequality and nearly as high if not higher productivity than the US, not to mention higher on just about every metric of happiness.
Huehuecoyotl is offline  
Old 07-14-2017, 03:19 PM   #9298
bahbahmickey
temp-banned
 
bahbahmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UTG-3
Posts: 13,319
Re: President Trump

I don't think it is settled. There are still a lot of people out there with jealousy issues who truly believe they are worse off if their neighbor gets a raise. And as long as there are a significant amount of these mouth breathers there will be candidates like bernie sanders (the really old guy who ran against hillary for the Dem nomination for a couple weeks before everyone realized he would get crushed by GOATrump) who tried to appeal to the emotion and stupidity of these people.
bahbahmickey is offline  
Old 07-14-2017, 03:20 PM   #9299
spanktehbadwookie
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
spanktehbadwookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: River Region
Posts: 19,376
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahbahmickey View Post
Income inequality is a made up issue and has never and will never be a real problem in the USA.
Heck of thing to assert on today's date.
spanktehbadwookie is offline  
Old 07-14-2017, 03:48 PM   #9300
TiltedDonkey
veteran
 
TiltedDonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,977
Re: President Trump

Gonna preface this with:

Holy ****, BitchiBee, you are actually capable of posting reasonably, please do more of this and less "lol top kek cuck" etc.

bahbahmickey, sadly, has an IQ of approximately 45.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahbahmickey View Post
Would you rather be a middle class 35 year old today or a middle class 35 year old 30 years ago? Please explain if your answer isn't "a 35 year old today AINEC".
Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchiBee View Post
yeah ofc a 35 year old today, but thats because of technological advance.

Life is complex lets not conflate issues
This is the correct answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahbahmickey View Post
Technological advances brought on mostly from the evil rich people, right?
Yeah, dude, nothing about economic policy is predicated on assuming that rich people are "evil".

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchiBee View Post
I already explained to you that when a politician talks about a rising tide that lifts all boats or that trickle down will lessen economic disparity they are lying to you.

Trickle down increases the overall productivity of a society, and it does that well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchiBee View Post
The second part is important because that is what the economic argument regarding income inequality hinges on and why this argument is timeless and will never be resolved.

the left cares more about income inequality
and the right cares more about overall productivity

both are important and a functioning society is a balance of these two goods. Too much inequality and your country is unstable and prone to crime and revolution, too little and your country becomes unproductive and stagnant and eventually starves.
This also seems mostly right, with the caveat that in the case of "too little" income inequality, it has to be forced for it to be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchiBee View Post
soviet union, china, venezuala... history is replete with examples of societies that grind to a halt after a few decades of radical egalitarianism

just as a thought experiment, high lvls of income disparity is bad on its face. If decreasing income disparity also improves the economy why doesn't it become the defacto ideology of every person and society of the world.
Eh, I think it is more complicated that this. Mostly people will tend to fight for their own self interest at the margin, and even if there was some policy that would result in less inequality and more productivity in the long run it isn't a given that we would a) recognize it or b) be willing to make any short term sacrifices to implement it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahbahmickey View Post
Income inequality is a made up issue and has never and will never be a real problem in the USA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahbahmickey View Post
I don't think it is settled. There are still a lot of people out there with jealousy issues who truly believe they are worse off if their neighbor gets a raise. And as long as there are a significant amount of these mouth breathers there will be candidates like bernie sanders (the really old guy who ran against hillary for the Dem nomination for a couple weeks before everyone realized he would get crushed by GOATrump) who tried to appeal to the emotion and stupidity of these people.
Again you illustrate why you are stupid.

Fundamental human nature is not changing. If you believe that lots of people "truly believe they are worse off if their neighbor gets a raise" (and to be clear, I agree with that to some degree. It is human nature to measure based on relative and not absolute factors) then that is never changing. And if those people's unhappiness causes them to nominate and elect candidates who you think will hurt the country then you have just identified why income inequality is a problem you imbecile.
TiltedDonkey is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive