Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
President Trump President Trump

07-14-2017 , 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl
Man I was joshing on you, don't take yourself so seriously.
Sarcasm not translated. I think the word 'owned' created the slip.

It's ok - no harm, no foul.
07-14-2017 , 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by batair
what is the point of listing that, you can have private business owned by employees if that the way the business wants to be run

you cannot have the state enforce that on all business if you want the economy to run past 30 years, china became defunct and the soviet union started rely on slave labor I'm sure all the other examples are easy to dig up. if you don't have incentives for the entrepreneurial class who takes on heavy risk and works 80 hour weeks to get a venture started you don't have new businesses period

saying workers owning the means of production is just you advertising that you don't grasp how means of production get set up and working
07-14-2017 , 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchiBee
what is the point of listing that, you can have private business owned by employees if that the way the business wants to be run

you cannot have the state enforce that on all business if you want the economy to run past 30 years, china became defunct and the soviet union started rely on slave labor I'm sure all the other examples are easy to dig up. if you don't have incentives for the entrepreneurial class who takes on heavy risk and works 80 hour weeks to get a venture started you don't have new businesses period

saying workers owning the means of production is just you advertising that you don't grasp how means of production get set up and working
Ironically, with capitalism, anyone is capable of owning the means of production. We call it the stock market.

They are also free to diversify their risk. Understanding this concept might help you realize that sometimes it's not a good idea for you to own your own means of production - see Enron.
07-14-2017 , 11:54 AM
CNN should more Kate Bolduan up in the ranks. She is a bulldog.
07-14-2017 , 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyMac
Ironically, with capitalism, anyone is capable of owning the means of production. We call it the stock market.

They are also free to diversify their risk. Understanding this concept might help you realize that sometimes it's not a good idea for you to own your own means of production - see Enron.
*graph of people by income who own stock*
07-14-2017 , 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl
*graph of people by income who own stock*
I'll put "rich people who own stock" versus retirement accounts invested in the stock market.

http://www.businessinsider.com/who-a...-market-2016-5

"Of the $22.8 trillion in stock outstanding (not including US ownership of foreign stock and stock owned by "pass-through entities" such as exchange-traded funds), retirement accounts owned roughly 37%, the most of any type of holder."
07-14-2017 , 12:18 PM
Republican donor kills himself after talking about working with Russian hackers to get Hillary Clinton's emails

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/r...021051687.html

He should've known better, like Comey.

07-14-2017 , 12:21 PM
aha goofyb too stronkt

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer
Like what would the left-wing version of this kind of posting even look like? Responding to Sushy's post above with "Who is that burger for, notorious eater CHRIS CHRISTIE? <link to bridgegate> <link to beachgate> <link to Christie eating something unhealthy looking>"

Man what a great burn that would be on Republicans!
07-14-2017 , 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyMac
Sounds like he's just using the Clinton playbook:

"Hillary Clinton used variations of 'I don't recall' 21 out of 25 times when answering questions about private email server in court filing"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...il-server.html
"RECALL, like TOTAL RECALL, the movie on MARS where failed entrepreneur Elon Musk is going to run his failed businesses into the ground, you say?? <link to global warming skeptics> <link to Solyndra>"
07-14-2017 , 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer
"RECALL, like TOTAL RECALL, the movie on MARS where failed entrepreneur Elon Musk is going to run his failed businesses into the ground, you say?? <link to global warming skeptics> <link to Solyndra>"
Exactly comrade.
07-14-2017 , 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyMac
www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/russian-lawyer-brought-ex-soviet-counter-intelligence-officer-trump-team-n782851

"NBC News is not naming the lobbyist, who denies any current ties to Russian spy agencies."

Oops.
Wow. Thanks for the link. That does not look good for Trumpjr/Kushner/Manafort.

Quote:
Former Soviet Counterintelligence Officer at Meeting With Donald Trump Jr. and Russian Lawyer

Not sure how you ever omit that when you're innocent.
07-14-2017 , 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyMac
I'll put "rich people who own stock" versus retirement accounts invested in the stock market.

http://www.businessinsider.com/who-a...-market-2016-5

"Of the $22.8 trillion in stock outstanding (not including US ownership of foreign stock and stock owned by "pass-through entities" such as exchange-traded funds), retirement accounts owned roughly 37%, the most of any type of holder."
This is correct but that's retirements account in total own 37%, while very few people own the remaining 63%. So you have hundreds of millions of people own 37% while very few people own 63%. It becomes painfully obvious that very few people have the ability to "control the means of production" while the reminder just become a shield to protect those few people's decisions.Also the truly pathetic few whose cheeto flecked hands try to defend something that they have no participation in just to try to get one up on those terrible liberals. I mean at least the guys at National Review get paid 6 figures to defend this.

Last edited by Huehuecoyotl; 07-14-2017 at 12:43 PM.
07-14-2017 , 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl
This is correct but that's retirements account in total own 37%, while very few people own the remaining 63%. So you have hundreds of millions of people own 37% while very few people own 53%. It becomes painfully obvious that very few people have the ability to "control the means of production" while the reminder just become a shield to protect those few people's decisions.Also the truly pathetic few whose cheeto flecked hands try to defend something that they have no participation in just to try to get one up on those terrible liberals.
What are you talking about?

25% is owned by Foreign Investments, insurance companies ($1.6 trillion, or 5.6%) and nonprofits ($956 billion, or 4.2%).

In 50 years, the amount of stock owned by individual investors and funds outside retirement and nontaxable accounts such as 529 college-savings plans has dropped off a cliff to about 25% in 2015 from over 80% in 1965.

Sigh.
07-14-2017 , 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl
This is correct but that's retirements account in total own 37%, while very few people own the remaining 63%. So you have hundreds of millions of people own 37% while very few people own 63%. It becomes painfully obvious that very few people have the ability to "control the means of production" while the reminder just become a shield to protect those few people's decisions.Also the truly pathetic few whose cheeto flecked hands try to defend something that they have no participation in just to try to get one up on those terrible liberals.
Yes, what we should do is turn over money to the Government and let them squander it with a measly 2% rate of return, a la Social Security. Good plan liberals. Thanks for ****ing the little guy with your graft.
07-14-2017 , 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyMac
Yes, what we should do is turn over money to the Government and let them squander it with a measly 1.23% rate of return, a la Social Security. Good plan liberals. Thanks for ****ing the little guy with your graft.
Um 401Ks suck. As more and more Americans have to work into their 70's and 80's or until they die because they simply don't have retirement we should probably look towards other countries that actually do have decent retirement plans and emulate them. Otherwise we're stuck with claiming that the stock market is some kind of magical retirement mechanism that somehow never works out for anyone but the very rich. Social Security is f*cking amazing and they definitely should augment it with a sovereign wealth fund or other mechanism that don't just give the rich outsized returns while f*cking over everyone else.
07-14-2017 , 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyMac
Yes, what we should do is turn over money to the Government and let them squander it with a measly 2% rate of return, a la Social Security. Good plan liberals. Thanks for ****ing the little guy with your graft.
Make trickle down great again! :wink: :wink:
07-14-2017 , 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyMac
Bull**** gets responded to with bull****. Either all theories are valid or zero theories are valid. You don't get to cherry pick. Something you seem to be having a hard time wrapping your head around.
07-14-2017 , 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl
Um 401Ks suck. As more and more Americans have to work into their 70's and 80's or until they die because they simply don't have retirement we should probably look towards other countries that actually do have decent retirement plans and emulate them. Otherwise we're stuck with claiming that the stock market is some kind of magical retirement mechanism that somehow never works out for anyone but the very rich. Social Security is f*cking amazing and they definitely should augment it with a sovereign wealth fund or other mechanism that don't just give the rich outsized returns while f*cking over everyone else.
Is this a joke? This is a joke right? Do you know that minorities get NEGATIVE returns on Social Security because they don't live long enough to collect?

You obviously have zero grasp of economics, monetary policy, or how governments work. You should probably stay off the internet - you seem unqualified.
07-14-2017 , 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Cut
Make trickle down great again! :wink: :wink:
Were you ever employed by a poor person?
07-14-2017 , 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyMac
Were you ever employed by a poor person?
yes
07-14-2017 , 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Cut
Make trickle down great again! :wink: :wink:
trickle down "does work" but its just conservatives lie about it for political expediency

an efficient free economy is always going to be top heavy due to how human productivity works. Trickle down makes the overall economy more efficient, and the middle classes are very likely to gain benifits from that. Whether the lower classes gain benefits from it are dubious
07-14-2017 , 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Cut
yes
I doubt it.
07-14-2017 , 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyMac
I doubt it.
govt
07-14-2017 , 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchiBee
trickle down "does work" but its just conservatives lie about it for political expediency

an efficient free economy is always going to be top heavy due to how human productivity works. Trickle down makes the overall economy more efficient, and the middle classes are very likely to gain benifits from that. Whether the lower classes gain benefits from it are dubious
The only voting class that matters is the Middle Class. There aren't enough rich folks and the poor folks don't vote enough.

07-14-2017 , 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchiBee
trickle down "does work" but its just conservatives lie about it for political expediency

an efficient free economy is always going to be top heavy due to how human productivity works. Trickle down makes the overall economy more efficient, and the middle classes are very likely to gain benifits from that. Whether the lower classes gain benefits from it are dubious
Yeah, just a few more decades and that robust middle class will be on that shining hill or wtf ever. Just hang tight and let the system work...

      
m