Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Politics version 7.0 more politics.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2017, 01:08 PM   #7401
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: President Trump

That actually makes me wonder. wil, before Fly et al owned so badly over being racist against Serena Williams 3 years ago and turned you into a whiny little aggrieved ball of liberal hatred, you used to argue against conservatives who were making the very arguments that you today believe are correct.

Who won those, you or them?
goofyballer is offline  
Old 06-29-2017, 01:57 PM   #7402
adios
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Russian Troll
Posts: 22,423
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by batair View Post
I worked there in the 80's. They have been automating long before that.
adios is offline  
Old 06-29-2017, 02:06 PM   #7403
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: President Trump

goofyballer is offline  
Old 06-29-2017, 02:43 PM   #7404
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: President Trump

goofyballer is offline  
Old 06-29-2017, 02:45 PM   #7405
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: President Trump

A comparison of standards, courtesy of Huehue in P:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
A reminder where we were last Presidency

Quote:
President Obama put his foot on his desk in a White House photo, and although it admittedly does look a little cheesy, people are outraged over the leader of the free world placing his foot atop the Resolute Desk because it’s undignified and beneath the office of the president… although technically it’s in the office of the… the point is, people are not happy.
http://www.mediaite.com/online/obama...-are-outraged/
Republicans: outraged at the lack of dignity in Obama, elect a reality show buffoon who regularly insults his critics on Twitter
goofyballer is offline  
Old 06-29-2017, 03:01 PM   #7406
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: President Trump

The American Conservative: Tillerson and Mattis Cleaning Up Kushner’s Middle East Mess

Quote:
A close associate of the secretary of state says that Tillerson was not only “blind-sided by the Trump statement,” but “absolutely enraged that the White House and State Department weren’t on the same page.” Tillerson’s aides, I was told, were convinced that the true author of Trump’s statement was U.A.E. ambassador Yousef Al Otaiba, a close friend of Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner. “Rex put two-and-two together,” his close associate says, “and concluded that this absolutely vacuous kid was running a second foreign policy out of the White House family quarters. Otaiba weighed in with Jared and Jared weighed in with Trump. What a mess.” The Trump statement was nearly the last straw for Tillerson, this close associate explains: “Rex is just exhausted. He can’t get any of his appointments approved and is running around the world cleaning up after a president whose primary foreign policy adviser is a 36-year-old amateur.”
loooooooooooool
goofyballer is offline  
Old 06-29-2017, 03:02 PM   #7407
batair
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
batair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: idiocracy
Posts: 16,806
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by adios View Post
Yup that's a good shirt for you if you think this **** is new. Have you ever done any manual labor? Just about every job I've had takes less people then it use to.
batair is offline  
Old 06-29-2017, 03:35 PM   #7408
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: President Trump

Poll shows that Americans overwhelmingly think Trump's tweeting is a negative, with even Republicans split on the issue



Quote:
In no group — even Trump supporters — did at least half say the tweets were effective and informative. Even Republicans were about split between the two choices. More than a third of those who approve of the job Trump is doing in office think his tweets are a net negative.
goofyballer is offline  
Old 06-29-2017, 03:39 PM   #7409
wil318466
banned
 
wil318466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 19,155
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by well named View Post
Yes, I admit that sometimes people misuse statistical data, or the results of scientific studies, when making various arguments. Given that I'm conceding that point, what would I be arguing with you about on that topic?

If I see someone doing the above, I try to correct them. One of my motivations for writing longer posts on controversial topics in this forum, and trying to be rigorous in my use of research, is to provide information that might be helpful to people who want to understand these issues better in order to avoid those problems. Of course, my other motivation is to try to persuade yet other people that these issues are real and that they should care about them, but I expect I'm more likely to succeed on the first point.

I disagree with your analogy and rejection of "many leftist arguments" as a general statement, but I think it's far more productive to focus on specific arguments than some general assessment of the quality of "leftist" political discourse. Although, on the general topic, I'll point out that you keep making statements like this (cf. this post). I'm happy to concede that liberals, leftists, Democrats, etc. don't always get everything right. But I roll my eyes at these posts because you seem oblivious to the fact that, by any objective standard, the state of the modern conservative movement is far, far, worse.
With all due respect, I don't believe you. There must be a reason you fight against me every single time I bring up the wage gap issue. You are essentially constantly arguing with me over the fact that an actual wage gap exists. This would be like you arguing there's very good reasons why Asians are under represented in the NBA but me saying over and over that I have studies to prove they are underrepresented.

You knowingly support an intellectual dishonest and unjust position.

People can say what they want about me but I wouldn't knowingly do that. It's disheartening that an intelligent person like yourself would do such a thing simply due to dislike of the other side. And people wonder why there is so much suspicion and mistrust from the right of the left? This is why.
wil318466 is offline  
Old 06-29-2017, 03:39 PM   #7410
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: President Trump

U.S. Secretary of Commerce is cut off while addressing German ruling party's business conference, to cheers and laughter from the audience

Trump and his team are a joke around the world
goofyballer is offline  
Old 06-29-2017, 03:42 PM   #7411
BitchiBee
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 24,622
Re: President Trump

lol as if any self respecting person cares about what that suicidal country thinks

lets switch to green power and lose billions of dollars before switching back, (xenophobic content removed -- wn)

Trump is the anti merkle, this is why we elected him

Last edited by well named; 06-29-2017 at 03:52 PM.
BitchiBee is offline  
Old 06-29-2017, 03:45 PM   #7412
adios
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Russian Troll
Posts: 22,423
Re: President Trump

adios is offline  
Old 06-29-2017, 03:45 PM   #7413
wil318466
banned
 
wil318466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 19,155
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer View Post
That actually makes me wonder. wil, before Fly et al owned so badly over being racist against Serena Williams 3 years ago and turned you into a whiny little aggrieved ball of liberal hatred, you used to argue against conservatives who were making the very arguments that you today believe are correct.

Who won those, you or them?
If you can provide specific examples, I'll try to explain my reasoning. I used to think conservatives were simply lying about everything and I trusted the stats and data used in liberal arguments. I now don't trust it at all. I look at all of it with suspicion. I even view global warming arguments as dishonest.

I've said this before but I never really thought about the line "97% of climate scientists agree". I used to think it meant there was consensus and it must be true. I now realize the statement doesn't mean a single thing. It literally proves and means nothing. It carries zero weight in terms of scientific evidence.

I can't explain why I never thought about it.
wil318466 is offline  
Old 06-29-2017, 03:46 PM   #7414
well named
poorly undertitled
 
well named's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: esse est coesse
Posts: 78,091
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466 View Post
You knowingly support an intellectual dishonest and unjust position.
lol. You've demonstrated over and over again that you can't even be bothered to pay attention long enough to know what my position is, so I think you are in no position to call it dishonest.

I repeatedly correct your false claims because you persist in making false claims, and I find it irritating enough to be worth responding to.
well named is offline  
Old 06-29-2017, 03:47 PM   #7415
adios
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Russian Troll
Posts: 22,423
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by batair View Post
Yup that's a good shirt for you if you think this **** is new. Have you ever done any manual labor? Just about every job I've had takes less people then it use to.
adios is offline  
Old 06-29-2017, 03:47 PM   #7416
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchiBee View Post
lets throw open the borders to millions of peopel who commit crimes
lol bigotry
goofyballer is offline  
Old 06-29-2017, 03:50 PM   #7417
jalfrezi
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
jalfrezi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Long gone, long long gone
Posts: 9,839
Re: President Trump

I wonder what the over/under is on the number of days until WN realises he's basically trying to reason with a mutant version of Trump.
jalfrezi is offline  
Old 06-29-2017, 03:51 PM   #7418
wil318466
banned
 
wil318466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 19,155
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by well named View Post
lol. You've demonstrated over and over again that you can't even be bothered to pay attention long enough to know what my position is, so I think you are in no position to call it dishonest.

I repeatedly correct your false claims because you persist in making false claims, and I find it irritating enough to be worth responding to.
The factoid is misused and we both know it. If someone asked me "wil, do women make less than men?". I'd say yes. They do, in fact, make less than men as a whole. That doesn't mean it is unfair, and we both know that to be true also.

No one with a brain can believe it's due to discrimination.

And yes, I'm calling you intellectually dishonest.
wil318466 is offline  
Old 06-29-2017, 03:58 PM   #7419
well named
poorly undertitled
 
well named's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: esse est coesse
Posts: 78,091
Re: President Trump

Bitchibee, I am giving you a 1 day timeout for unacceptably xenophobic content. It is not permissible to characterize entire ethnic groups as criminal dependents. The claim is false, can be easily shown to be false, and is unnecessarily prejudicial. Please do not make similar claims going forward.
well named is offline  
Old 06-29-2017, 03:59 PM   #7420
batair
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
batair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: idiocracy
Posts: 16,806
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by adios View Post
Your posts are in enlighting please post more.
batair is offline  
Old 06-29-2017, 04:00 PM   #7421
well named
poorly undertitled
 
well named's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: esse est coesse
Posts: 78,091
Re: President Trump

Wil: feel free to provide an example of where I have made a dishonest claim with regard to the wage gap. You seem to be accusing me of dishonesty based on your claim that other people misuse the data, which is nonsensical.
well named is offline  
Old 06-29-2017, 04:02 PM   #7422
wil318466
banned
 
wil318466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 19,155
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by well named View Post
Bitchibee, I am giving you a 1 day timeout for unacceptably xenophobic content. It is not permissible to characterize entire ethnic groups as criminal dependents. The claim is false, can be easily shown to be false, and is unnecessarily prejudicial. Please do not make similar claims going forward.
Technically what he said wasn't incorrect. Entering the United States without permission is a crime. Therefore, everyone who is here illegally is, in fact, a criminal.

Kind of how women make 77 cents on the dollar.
wil318466 is offline  
Old 06-29-2017, 04:04 PM   #7423
BroadwaySushy
banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: In a basket of deplorables
Posts: 3,237
Re: President Trump

adios on fire with the memes.
BroadwaySushy is offline  
Old 06-29-2017, 04:07 PM   #7424
wil318466
banned
 
wil318466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 19,155
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by well named View Post
Wil: feel free to provide an example of where I have made a dishonest claim with regard to the wage gap. You seem to be accusing me of dishonesty based on your claim that other people misuse the data, which is nonsensical.
You are being dishonest in arguing against my position. You go out of your way to point out the fact that the study is true, which I have conceded multiple times in the past, and continue to do so. You know exactly what I mean because we've discussed it countless times, yet you continue with this line of attack.

You know the truth, I know the truth, yet you still do everything you can to argue against over my technical misuse of disregarding the study.
wil318466 is offline  
Old 06-29-2017, 04:08 PM   #7425
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwaySushy View Post
adios on fire with the memes.
I know that you're an old man and these things are difficult for you, but nothing adios has posted on this page is a "meme" (to be fair, he is also an old that doesn't really get these things).

I am happy, though, that adios has dispatched with the pretense that he ever had anything intelligent to contribute to this forum. Cutting out the middleman and posting the same stock cartoon logic he always has will make his posting much more efficient.
goofyballer is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive