Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Politics version 7.0 more politics.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2017, 08:26 PM   #6376
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchiBee View Post
You have no new ideas, and no leadership.
This is amusing coming from someone who supports Republicans. Democrats actually have things they would try to accomplish given power to do so. Republicans have accomplished ~nothing while holding three branches of government, which is what liberals could have told you would happen because Republicans have for 8 years now had no ideas at all (you included the word "new" while failing to consider that Democrats having any ideas is a significant improvement over the opposition) besides "don't do what the liberals want".

Regarding leadership - who was the "leader" of the Republican Party going into 2016? Paul Ryan? Mitch McConnell? Seems like history is a pretty strong refutation of your argument that "leadership" (or, similarly, "ideas") is even necessary to win things.
goofyballer is offline  
Old 06-13-2017, 08:36 PM   #6377
BitchiBee
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 24,622
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer View Post
This is amusing coming from someone who supports Republicans. Democrats actually have things they would try to accomplish given power to do so. Republicans have accomplished ~nothing while holding three branches of government, which is what liberals could have told you would happen because Republicans have for 8 years now had no ideas at all (you included the word "new" while failing to consider that Democrats having any ideas is a significant improvement over the opposition) besides "don't do what the liberals want".

Regarding leadership - who was the "leader" of the Republican Party going into 2016? Paul Ryan? Mitch McConnell? Seems like history is a pretty strong refutation of your argument that "leadership" (or, similarly, "ideas") is even necessary to win things.
you are right the republicans had for the last 4 years at least been completely obstructionist do nothings and they woulda been crushed in 2016 without trump.

It took awhile for me to accept this idea, but trump really is the savior of the republican party. His populism/anti globalism/social liberalism is the way forward for the republican party. Trump and trumpism provided the leadership and ideas that won the republicans the 2016 election.

regarding your point about Trump not doing much, its hard for the administration to do anything when you have the dems, the neo con republicans and the media stabbing him in the back constantly. But its still early and Trump has done so much already given his handicaps
BitchiBee is offline  
Old 06-13-2017, 08:44 PM   #6378
spanktehbadwookie
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
spanktehbadwookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: River Region
Posts: 19,376
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchiBee View Post
you guys keep thinking there will be a blue wave in 2018, thats ridiculous

the dems only platform right now is we hate trump. You have no new ideas, and no leadership. Hillary Clinton that senile whiney old bag is the de facto leader of the democratic party still.

gl in 2018
Republicans calling anybody whiny after their 2017 selves are what comedy gold is made from. Enough to make a majority nervous as Jeff Sessions under oath.
spanktehbadwookie is offline  
Old 06-13-2017, 10:11 PM   #6379
13ball
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
13ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: No Quarter is a Sandy Hook Truther
Posts: 12,925
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchiBee View Post
You have no new ideas
Not killing your constituents with stupid health care laws that **** them over is an exciting new idea.
13ball is offline  
Old 06-13-2017, 10:42 PM   #6380
microbet
Solar Powered
 
microbet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 54,424
Re: President Trump

Did someone itt really say "Trump's not stupid"?
microbet is offline  
Old 06-14-2017, 12:06 AM   #6381
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: President Trump


https://twitter.com/brianklaas/statu...77837910900743

He later corrected himself, GHWB hit it briefly on day 1,288
goofyballer is offline  
Old 06-14-2017, 02:25 AM   #6382
corvette24
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,020
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchiBee View Post
you guys keep thinking there will be a blue wave in 2018, thats ridiculous

the dems only platform right now is we hate trump. You have no new ideas, and no leadership. Hillary Clinton that senile whiney old bag is the de facto leader of the democratic party still.

gl in 2018
It's quite possible that you are the biggest moron in this thread. Not one work of your post is true. It might as well be a Trump tweet.

Issues the left/progressives have been/continue to be championing: improvements to the ACA and/or universal health care, more affordable drug costs, importing drugs from other countries, legalizing and taxing MJ, a wider social safety net, a minimum wage increase, easier access to voting for legal voters, immigration reform, continued low unemployment policies, affordable higher education, tax reform that works for the majority of America (not just the rich), economic policy that works for the majority of America (not just the rich), LGBT rights, infrastructure repair, I could go on and on. Other than those items and the items that I failed to post, there are absolutely no ideas on the left. None.

Next, Hillary is nowhere near the leader of the party right now. Not even remotely close. But Hillary, but emails, but Hillary. Those are the sole talking points you have. Just made up complete gibberish. Your either a moron, brainwashed, not paying attention to what is actually going on, or some combination of these. Take your pick.
corvette24 is offline  
Old 06-14-2017, 08:42 AM   #6383
JiggsCasey
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
JiggsCasey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 2+2 energy editor
Posts: 7,263
Re: President Trump

Photos Released of Trump’s Lawyer with Russians That He Claims He Doesn’t Know

JiggsCasey is offline  
Old 06-14-2017, 08:53 AM   #6384
Trolly McTrollson
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Trolly McTrollson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winesburg, Ohio
Posts: 31,809
Re: President Trump

Man, the people in trumps entourage sure dress like bums.
Trolly McTrollson is offline  
Old 06-14-2017, 09:19 AM   #6385
JiggyMac
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,809
Re: President Trump

Trump prepared to sign bipartisan bill to curtain VA abuses under Obama administration:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ho...rticle/2625874
JiggyMac is offline  
Old 06-14-2017, 12:56 PM   #6386
BitchiBee
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 24,622
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvette24 View Post
It's quite possible that you are the biggest moron in this thread. Not one work of your post is true. It might as well be a Trump tweet.

Issues the left/progressives have been/continue to be championing: improvements to the ACA and/or universal health care, more affordable drug costs, importing drugs from other countries, legalizing and taxing MJ, a wider social safety net, a minimum wage increase, easier access to voting for legal voters, immigration reform, continued low unemployment policies, affordable higher education, tax reform that works for the majority of America (not just the rich), economic policy that works for the majority of America (not just the rich), LGBT rights, infrastructure repair, I could go on and on. Other than those items and the items that I failed to post, there are absolutely no ideas on the left. None.

Next, Hillary is nowhere near the leader of the party right now. Not even remotely close. But Hillary, but emails, but Hillary. Those are the sole talking points you have. Just made up complete gibberish. Your either a moron, brainwashed, not paying attention to what is actually going on, or some combination of these. Take your pick.
lol you are such a democratic partisan you can't look past your own nose.

I said new ideas, hillary ran on 4 more years of obama and thats still what the democratic party is running on, that + trump is orange hitler.

if you think thats gonna cause a blue tide in 2018 gl.

also who is a leader in the democratic party if not for Hillary??? I can't see one. The entire democratic strategy is to hate on trump. No leadership and no new ideas.
BitchiBee is offline  
Old 06-14-2017, 01:31 PM   #6387
spanktehbadwookie
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
spanktehbadwookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: River Region
Posts: 19,376
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchiBee View Post
lol you are such a democratic partisan you can't look past your own nose.

I said new ideas, hillary ran on 4 more years of obama and thats still what the democratic party is running on, that + trump is orange hitler.

if you think thats gonna cause a blue tide in 2018 gl.

also who is a leader in the democratic party if not for Hillary??? I can't see one. The entire democratic strategy is to hate on trump. No leadership and no new ideas.
This is about the best republicans can do. Barely accurate while as partisan as they accuse. No sign of any republican ideas and acts, besides being able to craft a narrative like that- about themselves towards their opponent. Nearly empty of substance except for political. One must fall for the '2-side' paradigm pretty hard to go for this.
spanktehbadwookie is offline  
Old 06-14-2017, 01:37 PM   #6388
BitchiBee
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 24,622
Re: President Trump

lawl no ability to refute the basic premise

gotta project
BitchiBee is offline  
Old 06-14-2017, 02:04 PM   #6389
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchiBee View Post
lawl no ability to refute the basic premise
We had this discussion literally yesterday. A lack of leadership (Mitt Romney? John Boehner? Paul Ryan? Mitch McConnell?) or ideas (liberals bad, nothing else) hasn't stopped Republicans from being successful in congressional elections from 2010 on. The basic premise is refuted by history yet you're still in here blathering about it!
goofyballer is offline  
Old 06-14-2017, 02:07 PM   #6390
JiggyMac
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,809
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer View Post
We had this discussion literally yesterday. A lack of leadership (Mitt Romney? John Boehner? Paul Ryan? Mitch McConnell?) or ideas (liberals bad, nothing else) hasn't stopped Republicans from being successful in congressional elections from 2010 on. The basic premise is refuted by history yet you're still in here blathering about it!

Mitt Romney was one of the most qualified individuals to ever run for President. In fact liberals are sure wishing it were Romney now, aren't they? The irony of the rise of Trump is that it was a backlash to the Leftism of the past 8 years. The Left gave us Trump. Sometimes you gotta send a snake to catch the snakes.
JiggyMac is offline  
Old 06-14-2017, 02:15 PM   #6391
spanktehbadwookie
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
spanktehbadwookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: River Region
Posts: 19,376
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyMac View Post
Mitt Romney was one of the most qualified individuals to ever run for President. In fact liberals are sure wishing it were Romney now, aren't they? The irony of the rise of Trump is that it was a backlash to the Leftism of the past 8 years. The Left gave us Trump. Sometimes you gotta send a snake to catch the snakes.
No speck of personal responsibility, just blame the left. And repeal Romenycare.
spanktehbadwookie is offline  
Old 06-14-2017, 02:17 PM   #6392
13ball
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
13ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: No Quarter is a Sandy Hook Truther
Posts: 12,925
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyMac View Post
Mitt Romney was one of the most qualified individuals to ever run for President. In fact liberals are sure wishing it were Romney now, aren't they? The irony of the rise of Trump is that it was a backlash to the Leftism of the past 8 years. The Left gave us Trump. Sometimes you gotta send a snake to catch the snakes.
Racist conspiracy theorists gave us Trump. You can take some credit.
13ball is offline  
Old 06-14-2017, 02:33 PM   #6393
BitchiBee
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 24,622
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer View Post
We had this discussion literally yesterday. A lack of leadership (Mitt Romney? John Boehner? Paul Ryan? Mitch McConnell?) or ideas (liberals bad, nothing else) hasn't stopped Republicans from being successful in congressional elections from 2010 on. The basic premise is refuted by history yet you're still in here blathering about it!
I told you yesterday the republicans were saved by trump

he solved their lack of leadership problem
BitchiBee is offline  
Old 06-14-2017, 02:42 PM   #6394
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchiBee View Post
I told you yesterday the republicans were saved by trump

he solved their lack of leadership problem
That doesn't address that, for example, there was no Trump/no leadership/no ideas when they kept the House and took back the Senate in 2014.

Who was the leader of the Democrats in 2006, Pelosi? Kerry? No leadership then (and I'm sure you would claim no ideas) and they took over Congress in a big way, mostly because GWB sucked. But, wait, that's exactly what you're claiming doesn't work...

This leadership/ideas stuff is just some bull**** you made up in your head because it sounded nice. It has no grounding in reality.
goofyballer is offline  
Old 06-14-2017, 02:55 PM   #6395
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: President Trump

Darwinism in action: Trump tells mayor of shrinking island "don't worry about it" and mayor says "I agree"

Quote:
It began a week earlier, when CNN aired a story about Tangier, Va., which sits on Tangier Island, about 12 miles from both the Virginia and Maryland coasts in the middle of the Chesapeake Bay. The small island, now only 1.3 square miles, shrinks by 15 feet each year, according to the Army Corps of Engineers, which points to coastal erosion and rising sea levels as the cause.

The island’s 450 residents, many of whom are descendants of its first settlers in the 17th century, are desperate. Scientists predict they will have to abandon the island in 50 years if nothing is done.

“Donald Trump, if you see this, whatever you can do, we welcome any help you can give us,” Eskridge said in the CNN piece, later adding, “I love Trump as much as any family member I got.”
What sage advice did Donald Trump give this man?

Quote:
Trump thanked the mayor and the entire island of Tangier, where he received 87 percent of the votes, for their support. Then the conversation turned to the island’s plight.

“He said we shouldn’t worry about rising sea levels,” Eskridge said. “He said that ‘your island has been there for hundreds of years, and I believe your island will be there for hundreds more.’”

Eskridge wasn’t offended. In fact, he agreed that rising sea levels aren’t a problem for Tangier.

“Like the president, I’m not concerned about sea level rise,” he said. “I’m on the water daily, and I just don’t see it.”
Let us know how that works out for your kids!
goofyballer is offline  
Old 06-14-2017, 03:37 PM   #6396
JiggyMac
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,809
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer View Post

Let us know how that works out for your kids!
Yeah, why believe the guy who's doing the observing? Science isn't observation kids, it's fearing mongering from ivory towers. Doesn't this mayor know that Al Gore said he was going to drown any day now because Exxon wants him dead?
JiggyMac is offline  
Old 06-14-2017, 03:40 PM   #6397
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyMac View Post
Yeah, why believe the guy who's doing the observing?
Just gonna leave this here to lol at
goofyballer is offline  
Old 06-14-2017, 06:24 PM   #6398
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: President Trump

From late April:

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer View Post
Food industry lobbies Trump to reverse rules on disclosing calories and sugars. Money quote:

Quote:
The petition continued: “Petitioners believe the Final Rule falls squarely within the category of regulations disfavored by the administration — those that are unduly burdensome and costly, and do not provide commensurate benefits.
USA#1 is, from my brief perusal, the most obese country in the developed world, which certainly affects things like healthcare costs pretty bigly. I wonder how much of that obesity is because food companies think telling consumers how many calories are in their food is not a "commensurate benefit"?

Will be interesting to see if the Trump administration agrees with the industry's argument. So far, all signs point to "probably":

Quote:
A number of industry groups are anticipating that the FDA will become more business-friendly under the new secretary of Health Human Services, Tom Price. Price, a former congressman from Georgia, voted in favor of the Common Sense Nutrition Disclosure Act in 2016 — an industry-backed measure designed to undercut the menu-labeling rule.
Update: Food industry wins, as predicted! Not that it's very hard to predict that the Trump administration works for industry, not for you.
goofyballer is offline  
Old 06-14-2017, 07:41 PM   #6399
Abbaddabba
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 5,772
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchiBee View Post
you are right the republicans had for the last 4 years at least been completely obstructionist do nothings and they woulda been crushed in 2016 without trump.

It took awhile for me to accept this idea, but trump really is the savior of the republican party. His populism/anti globalism/social liberalism is the way forward for the republican party. Trump and trumpism provided the leadership and ideas that won the republicans the 2016 election.

regarding your point about Trump not doing much, its hard for the administration to do anything when you have the dems, the neo con republicans and the media stabbing him in the back constantly. But its still early and Trump has done so much already given his handicaps
Being against free trade IS a very effective populist tool to win over low wage workers. It's basically a re-branding of welfare programs except without any teeth since technology has at least as much and probably more of an imapct manual labor wages dropping like a rock.

Maybe as trumps next trick he can start banning technology too?

People claiming that democrats handed trump the presidency for having won the previous 2 elections - trump is what's going to ensure that no competent republican will take office for at least another 8 years. Congrats.

Quote:
I told you yesterday the republicans were saved by trump

he solved their lack of leadership problem
He understands the common man better than most in politics.
If only his understanding of politics was better than the common man you'd be set!

Last edited by Abbaddabba; 06-14-2017 at 07:48 PM.
Abbaddabba is offline  
Old 06-14-2017, 08:35 PM   #6400
13ball
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
13ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: No Quarter is a Sandy Hook Truther
Posts: 12,925
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyMac View Post
Yeah, why believe the guy who's doing the observing? Science isn't observation kids, it's fearing mongering from ivory towers. Doesn't this mayor know that Al Gore said he was going to drown any day now because Exxon wants him dead?
You know that tide gauges exist, right? And satellite measurements of sea level? And what about the Army Corps of Engineers who have looked at this island in particular?

But, yeah, we should listen instead to a guy who just looks at the water from a boat.
13ball is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive