Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Politics version 7.0 more politics.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2017, 03:58 PM   #6076
TiltedDonkey
veteran
 
TiltedDonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,977
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongidig View Post
Can we please ge away from the anal sex comments? It's not appropriate in this thread.

Although...I think I know Why he calls himself PWN-MASTER Now.....high five!!!
No silly goose, those are the only comments we will have how about it moginig?
TiltedDonkey is offline  
Old 06-06-2017, 04:01 PM   #6077
jalfrezi
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
jalfrezi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Long gone, long long gone
Posts: 9,839
Re: President Trump

Trump Shifted Kids Cancer Charity Money Into His Business
jalfrezi is offline  
Old 06-06-2017, 04:09 PM   #6078
TiltedDonkey
veteran
 
TiltedDonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,977
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwn_Master View Post
Wow, severe ownage.

Basic cost-benefit analysis does tell me that a company would put out a press release to dupe idiots into supporting them if they believed it would help increase their profits.

Mods, please move bahahmickey's economics denier garbage to the appropriate thread.
To be fair, owning bahbah is akin to punching a 5 year old in the balls.
TiltedDonkey is offline  
Old 06-06-2017, 04:15 PM   #6079
TiltedDonkey
veteran
 
TiltedDonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,977
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer View Post
Neither me, nor well named, nor Wookie, nor Clovis suggested this was being argued. Speaking of things going over others' heads, you somehow managed to invent a strawman here that nobody ever employed.
It's a strawstrawman.
TiltedDonkey is offline  
Old 06-06-2017, 04:17 PM   #6080
TiltedDonkey
veteran
 
TiltedDonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,977
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466 View Post
Kathy Griffin playing the victim card helps Trump so much and she does that realize it.
How?
TiltedDonkey is offline  
Old 06-06-2017, 04:23 PM   #6081
TiltedDonkey
veteran
 
TiltedDonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,977
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466 View Post
If you believe that women are paid less than men, I think you are the one who "needs to snap out of it". My wife makes more money than I do.
lol, solid evidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466 View Post
If I believed women would make 23% less than men, I would NOT be spending the amount of money I currently am on her education. Why would I bother if I knew she would never be paid equally?
...lol for ****s sake are you dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwn_Master View Post
Einbert, the 23% number is real but that is likely because of traditional gender roles in child-rearing that the government can't control. Wil is doing his part in helping raise his child so his wife can continue her career, so what more do you want from him? He acknowledges there is a 5-7% gap is real and should be addressed.

Wil, since you agree that the 5-7% gap is real, why are you so mad at the liberals who you believe are citing the wrong number rather than the right which are saying it doesn't exist? You yourself kept saying the problem doesn't exist, then saying you end up saying you respectfully agree that 5-7% is probably the real discrimination. That is still alot!

Seems to me the right has obfuscated the issue so that if someone feels mislead by the 78% number then that means they should go with the right. But that does not follow logically. You seem to come to the correct conclusion, maybe a little right of center at most, but then spaz out to going far right for some reason. Maybe its because you get mad from arguing with liberals on this board? Maybe you should go argue on some right-wing boards where they are clearly wrong the other way to self-correct?
^^^
So much this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by einbert View Post
I still believe it's much much closer to that 23%. I'm still open to evidence proving me wrong.
Yeah but you are now basically arguing on your feels like wil is.
TiltedDonkey is offline  
Old 06-06-2017, 04:50 PM   #6082
TiltedDonkey
veteran
 
TiltedDonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,977
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsonh View Post
I successfully do something you couldn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahbahmickey View Post
That doesn't really narrow it down much.
Possibly bahbah's most accurate post.

Last edited by TiltedDonkey; 06-06-2017 at 05:14 PM.
TiltedDonkey is offline  
Old 06-06-2017, 04:53 PM   #6083
TiltedDonkey
veteran
 
TiltedDonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,977
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchiBee View Post
does it really matter if you stack up votes in california and new york when you flip the rust belt the middle finger throughout the election
Depends on what you are measuring. If you are measuring "how much people like you" then probably yes. If you are measuring "did I become the President" then probably no.

Seems like the poster was more attempting the former.
TiltedDonkey is offline  
Old 06-06-2017, 05:06 PM   #6084
Lawnmower Man
Pooh-Bah
 
Lawnmower Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 3,774
Re: President Trump

Quoting econ studies from GMU is one of the best indicators of a low information person.
Lawnmower Man is offline  
Old 06-06-2017, 06:02 PM   #6085
well named
poorly undertitled
 
well named's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: esse est coesse
Posts: 78,091
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahbahmickey View Post
"A study by the Mercatus Center at George Mason University, however, found that regulation has a major negative impact on the economy by distorting investment decisions of firms. That study estimated that if the regulatory burden had remained unchanged from 1980 to 2012, the U.S. economy would have been 25% larger, a difference of $4 trillion a year in output."

http://www.investors.com/politics/ed...regulating-it/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnmower Man View Post
Quoting econ studies from GMU is one of the best indicators of a low information person.
I took a look at The study from GMU. The methodology looks interesting, and I don't know enough and haven't spent enough time to venture any opinion on the validity of the model as far as its estimate of costs, but the authors concede much the same point I made before:

Quote:
We caution that our results are for the costs of regulation to the measurable economy (net any benefits to the measurable economy), but that does not imply that none of the regulations promulgated since 1981 have been net beneficial. Indeed, many regulations exist to generate nonmarket benefits that would only indirectly affect the measurable economy. Nevertheless, this suggests that a widescale review of regulations—for example, a commission focused on eliminating redundant or obsolete regulations and supplanting command- and-control regulations with simpler market-based mechanisms—would deliver not only lower compliance costs but also a substantially higher economic growth rate. (p. 35)
In other words, it's still grossly incorrect to take the output of this model and claim that we could have grown the economy by 25% with no downside whatsoever. They also don't take into account the possibility that a lack of regulation in some industry could lead to conditions that would impede growth in ways not contemplated by their model.

But I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with the argument that regulation should be reviewed, and data on costs is part of that. The problem is in pretending that it's the entire question.

Edit: here's a better quote from the study:

Quote:
Of course, our estimate says little about the benefits of regulation, aside from those that are captured in GDP. Some regulations may lead to benefits, such as improvements in environmental quality, which are well known to be mainly missing from GDP measurements. Other regulations, such as those designed to prevent monopolistic practices, or even those designed to improve human health, may only be captured in GDP to a limited degree. For example, if regulations decrease employee absenteeism because they reduce asthma-inducing air pollution, we would expect that positive health effect to register as a marginal increase in GDP. Nonetheless, we caution that this study is not a weighing of the costs and benefits of regulation. It is an examination of how regulatory accumulation in specific sectors of the economy affects the growth path of those sectors. From our findings, we can deduce how the effects of regulation can change the US economy’s growth path. (p. 8)

Last edited by well named; 06-06-2017 at 06:30 PM.
well named is offline  
Old 06-06-2017, 09:56 PM   #6086
Deuces McKracken
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 8,860
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchiBee View Post
its sick that you guys care more about trumps incendiary talk than people dying to Islamic terrorism
The two are intimately related.
Deuces McKracken is offline  
Old 06-06-2017, 11:21 PM   #6087
adios
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Russian Troll
Posts: 22,423
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnmower Man View Post
Quoting econ studies from GMU is one of the best indicators of a low information person.
What are the best indicators of a high information person?
adios is offline  
Old 06-06-2017, 11:46 PM   #6088
adios
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Russian Troll
Posts: 22,423
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2OutsNoProb View Post
Oh dear God. Wiggle harder.

You could go on any website anywhere with a comments section related to politics and find umpteen conservatives ranting about liberal elites, how CA is a socialist hellhole, how Hillary only won the popular vote because of CA, how these coastal meccas aren't "real America", etc etc etc. You know this is true. The far-right hates these places, but happily takes their money.

As far as Trump, you know he pitched improvements in the coal mining and manufacturing industries in the Midwest/Rust Belt. That's what enabled him to flip 5 states there (and curiously, nearly flip Minnesota)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.166000f5957a

"I made them this promise. We will put our miners back to work."

http://time.com/4570070/donald-trump-coal-jobs/

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...facturing-ceos

THE PRESIDENT: "Well, thank you very much. It's a great honor to have everybody. And some of the great people in the world of business, many of you I know -- many of you I know from reading all of our wonderful magazines and business magazines, in particular. So it's an honor to have you with us today.

Bringing manufacturing back to America, creating high-wage jobs was one of our campaign promises and themes, and it resonated with everybody. It was really something what happened. States that hadn’t been won in many, many years were -- they came over to our fold. A lot of it had to do with the jobs, and other reasons -- but jobs. And I'm delivering on everything that we've said. In fact, people are saying they've never seen so much happen in 30 days of a presidency. We've delivered on a lot."

Oh, and by the way, I didn't provide facts? I fully backed my claim that CA/NY provide almost 1/4 of this country's GDP, and that in terms of federal tax dollars red states drain while blue states pour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2OutsNoProb View Post
Trump's promises to deliver high-wage coal mining and manufacturing jobs to the Midwest; how are they working out?

Also, it's funny to watch the right knock "NY and CA" as if they don't count. Combined, these two states alone account for 22.5% of this country's GDP and a similar percentage of our federal tax dollars. If conservative patriots from God-grits-and-guns red states don't see them as "real America", perhaps they should give back the contributions they're sucking off of us.

Where in your posts is the bolded suported regarding CA and NY? Stating that they could be governed more competently is not the same as stating they don't count.

As far as manufacturing jobs, job growth in manufacturing since January has been net positive. IIRC avg hourly wages are up slightly. I believe jobs in the mining sector have increased. You seem to be implying that TRUMP had failed to fulfill his promise about jobs. Way too early to make that conclusion. Pretty sure that he'll under deliver with his fiscal policy btw but still way too early make that conclusion.

I guess it just hasn't registered with you yet that with HRC promising to shut down the coal industry more or less and promising to outsource more USA manufacturing jobs. a lot of people in those industries thought TRUMP was a better choice and still do.

BLS Link
adios is offline  
Old 06-06-2017, 11:54 PM   #6089
adios
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Russian Troll
Posts: 22,423
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by well named View Post
I took a look at The study from GMU. The methodology looks interesting, and I don't know enough and haven't spent enough time to venture any opinion on the validity of the model as far as its estimate of costs, but the authors concede much the same point I made before:



In other words, it's still grossly incorrect to take the output of this model and claim that we could have grown the economy by 25% with no downside whatsoever. They also don't take into account the possibility that a lack of regulation in some industry could lead to conditions that would impede growth in ways not contemplated by their model.

But I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with the argument that regulation should be reviewed, and data on costs is part of that. The problem is in pretending that it's the entire question.

Edit: here's a better quote from the study:
Study is clear though in indicating regulations can impede economic growth substantially (lido). Of course it is just one study and of course industry needs regulation. Bahbahmickey is obviously claiming the economy/business is extremely over regulated.
adios is offline  
Old 06-07-2017, 12:52 AM   #6090
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: President Trump

Pentagon can’t square Trump comments on Qatar

Quote:
The Pentagon on Tuesday said it could not square President Trump’s tweets about Qatar and terrorism with its own statement about the country’s enduring commitment to regional security.

“I can’t help you with that,” Pentagon spokesman Capt. Jeff Davis said in response to a question about reconciling the president’s social media remarks and Department of Defense comments about the U.S. ally.
LOL
goofyballer is offline  
Old 06-07-2017, 01:14 AM   #6091
wil318466
banned
 
wil318466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 19,155
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltedDonkey View Post
lol, solid evidence
What's the issue? I should have expanded on it more and it was sloppy in the way I was using it but I've seen quite a bit when it comes to female success. My wife has a circle of 4 women. They are all more successful, financially, than their husbands. It is becoming way more common now due to many factors.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/30/bu...tudy-says.html

Four in 10 American households with children under age 18 now include a mother who is either the sole or primary earner for her family, according to a Pew Research Center analysis of Census and polling data released Wednesday. This share, the highest on record, has quadrupled since 1960.

Also, let's talk about unmarried, childless females. Gee, I wonder how THEY are doing?

http://content.time.com/time/busines...015274,00.html

according to a new analysis of 2,000 communities by a market research company, in 147 out of 150 of the biggest cities in the U.S., the median full-time salaries of young women are 8% higher than those of the guys in their peer group.


And, what is causing it? Gee, maybe it's what I've been saying all along!


Here's the slightly deflating caveat: this reverse gender gap, as it's known, applies only to unmarried, childless women under 30 who live in cities. The rest of working women — even those of the same age, but who are married or don't live in a major metropolitan area — are still on the less scenic side of the wage divide.

Women are not paid less than men. Women make different CHOICES than men. Children are also a huge negative on their money-making ability. Gee, that was REALLY hard to figure out!

Yet the leftists believe this crap hook, line, and sinker. They truly believe that women are paid less than men. It's completely absurdity. If I started my own business and I could pay women less for the same work I'd ONLY HIRE WOMEN! What company wouldn't? Their profit margin would increase immediately if they only hired women they could pay less and their managers would get insane bonuses for increasing their profits!
wil318466 is offline  
Old 06-07-2017, 01:24 AM   #6092
wil318466
banned
 
wil318466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 19,155
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltedDonkey View Post
...lol for ****s sake are you dumb
What's the problem here? What is wrong with my logic? Indeed, in many countries where women are treated unequally their choices are extremely different. In countries like India women are much more represented in areas usually dominated by males. I wonder why? Is it because India is less sexist? Of course not. It's because they have less CHOICES, so they go into the fields where they can make a decent living. They don't WANT to go into the IT field, they HAVE to. It is basic logic.

Look at countries like Afghanistan, where sexism is horrific. You'd be amazed at some of the lengths people go through. Some females are raised and made to appear as boys.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...rty-bacha-posh

Mehran is a bacha posh – the literal term translated from Dari for a girl “dressed like a boy” in Afghanistan, the country that the UN says is the worst in the world to be born a girl,

These children, who could almost be said to represent a third gender, cut through ethnic groups and across geographical lines. According to Afghan teachers, midwives and doctors, it is “not uncommon” to find a bacha posh in each school or extended family, because it is easier to have access to an education in the most conservative areas, where few girls are able to go to school.

What, exactly, is your issue with my statement? Of course I wouldn't pour so much of my resources into my daughter if I thought she would not be paid accordingly. If I knew she was destined to get screwed over by society I wouldn't even bother.

What is controversial about that?
wil318466 is offline  
Old 06-07-2017, 02:20 AM   #6093
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: President Trump

Eric Trump thinks Democrats "are not even people"

goofyballer is offline  
Old 06-07-2017, 02:49 AM   #6094
wil318466
banned
 
wil318466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 19,155
Re: President Trump

He has a good point.

A few years ago Republicans were just evil, awful people. That has now switched. Democrats have taken their place.

Proceed accordingly. Shift sides as times change, do not give too much power to the idiocy of either side. And yes, both sides can be idiotic.
wil318466 is offline  
Old 06-07-2017, 03:47 AM   #6095
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466 View Post
He has a good point.
Oh, I know you agree. That's what makes you you, and us not you.
goofyballer is offline  
Old 06-07-2017, 03:54 AM   #6096
wil318466
banned
 
wil318466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 19,155
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer View Post
Oh, I know you agree. That's what makes you you, and us not you.
Thank God for that.

Spoiler:
wil318466 is offline  
Old 06-07-2017, 06:05 AM   #6097
5ive
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
5ive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Harvard, in a place like Africa
Posts: 6,751
Re: President Trump

F**kface over here married one.


Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466 View Post
He has a good point.

A few years ago Republicans were just evil, awful people. That has now switched. Democrats have taken their place.

Proceed accordingly. Shift sides as times change, do not give too much power to the idiocy of either side. And yes, both sides can be idiotic.
5ive is offline  
Old 06-07-2017, 08:32 AM   #6098
13ball
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
13ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: No Quarter is a Sandy Hook Truther
Posts: 12,925
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466 View Post
A few years ago Republicans were just evil, awful people. That has now switched. Democrats have taken their place.
Yeah, that's what happened. All the evil Republicans from a few years ago turned good. Then all the good Democrats turned evil. Completely plausible.
13ball is offline  
Old 06-07-2017, 11:21 AM   #6099
bahbahmickey
temp-banned
 
bahbahmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UTG-3
Posts: 13,319
Re: President Trump

The idea of one party or even near a majority of a party being bad people, evil or not even people is so idiotic. It used to be that this level of stupidity was reserved for the liberals. It sucks to see conservatives stooping to this kind of moronic behavior.

I don't care if some prominent liberal compares conservatives to nazi. We need to continue to be the adults in the room and not fall for this garbage.
bahbahmickey is offline  
Old 06-07-2017, 11:50 AM   #6100
spanktehbadwookie
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
spanktehbadwookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: River Region
Posts: 19,376
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer View Post
Peak Goading?
spanktehbadwookie is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive