Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Politics version 7.0 more politics.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2017, 12:53 PM   #576
leavesofliberty
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: probably busto
Posts: 6,284
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer View Post
Mongo is truly hopeless. One post after crowing over Trump's sorry approval rating he discredits Obama's better rating because he doesn't like Obama's policies, therefore the numbers are irrelevant.

Facts literally do not matter to these people.
You're just not showing the proper respect for the chair of the POTUS, imo, lol.

ysoserious.jpg
leavesofliberty is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 12:56 PM   #577
pokerodox
The Situation
 
pokerodox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: can never leave
Posts: 4,890
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer View Post
these people.
Sounds like you're grouping all conservatives together.
pokerodox is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 01:02 PM   #578
wil318466
banned
 
wil318466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 19,155
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer View Post
Mongo is truly hopeless. One post after crowing over Trump's sorry approval rating he discredits Obama's better rating because he doesn't like Obama's policies, therefore the numbers are irrelevant.

Facts literally do not matter to these people.
Approval ratings mean about as much as early voting.

As usual, you'll be wrong on both.
wil318466 is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 01:16 PM   #579
pokerodox
The Situation
 
pokerodox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: can never leave
Posts: 4,890
Re: President Trump

View: Trump seriously screwed up the temp travel ban. Should have vetted with ICE and others and made it very clear that green card holders are not restricted. This bull**** is how you lose hearts and minds (of the good/on the fence Muslims). Hopefully Trump and his admin learn from this. I would like to hear an apology for any green card holders who got held up, plus I'm sure there are some other related problems.

He or Bannon or someone needs to get on TV and explain to the world that we are only trying to keep terrorists out, and we are sorry for the severe inconvenience (and worse) to all the well meaning Muslims. They need to say, "This is hard." We are trying to separate the evil terrorists from well meaning Muslims, but it is hard. Point out the obvious but under-acknowledged fact that all the problems related to this are the fault of the Muslim terrorists.
pokerodox is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 01:23 PM   #580
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerodox View Post
Sounds like you're grouping all conservatives together.
Not in this instance, but mongo isn't the only conservative to have engaged in approval rating trutherism so far in this thread.
goofyballer is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 01:33 PM   #581
wil318466
banned
 
wil318466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 19,155
Re: President Trump

When did we ever have the hearts and minds of Muslims? Did I miss that announcement? Was there a tweet?

Talk about naieve.
wil318466 is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 01:52 PM   #582
pokerodox
The Situation
 
pokerodox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: can never leave
Posts: 4,890
Re: President Trump

Muslims are on a continuum. There are very bad ones - terrorists. There are just bad ones - believing it is good to kill female adulterers, gay people and those leaving Islam. Those somewhere in between with similar but less severe, odious beliefs. And there are modernized good Muslims. Look at the Pew reports. Many of them (if minorities, still huge total numbers of people), even in the worst of countries answered the questions in ways indicating some beliefs in freedom.

My view is we need to keep the good ones on our side, and bring as many from the middle as possible over to our side, while killing the very bad ones (which I normally just call the bad guys).

This is analogous to the Cold War. We had to fight the USSR (and China) on all fronts, sometimes hot wars, sometimes containment actions, but at least as important was the war of ideas. Leck Walensa (sp?) and others like him, supported by U.S. radio broadcasts, etc. and journalism like the National Review, were essential to winning the Cold War by winning the hearts and minds of those living in the Eastern Block, and even the population of Russia itself. Similarly, winning the hearts and minds of Muslims will be essential to winning this war against Islamofascism.

The pen is mightier than the sword.
pokerodox is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 02:01 PM   #583
wil318466
banned
 
wil318466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 19,155
Re: President Trump

Muslims can change when they decide as a group to change. Small numbers of them integrated into our society and our value system will be absolutely fine. The majority of them in the world are NOT fine.

Supporting the ones who are tolerant and want to reform Islam should be our goal. Being silent and "respecting" their "culture" shouldn't.
wil318466 is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 02:23 PM   #584
spanktehbadwookie
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
spanktehbadwookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: River Region
Posts: 19,376
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerodox View Post
Sounds like you're grouping all conservatives together.
It's a feature of partisan identity. Right now conservatives and all their related parties and fronts have most of the targets for being called for account in the national "leadership" positions.

They break it, we own it.
spanktehbadwookie is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 02:53 PM   #585
kerowo
lolcat
 
kerowo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,202
Re: President Trump

Chez, can we get all this bull**** voter ID crap out of here? It's been argued to death and we don't need to rehash it here.
kerowo is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 03:07 PM   #586
bahbahmickey
temp-banned
 
bahbahmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UTG-3
Posts: 13,319
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerowo View Post
Chez, can we get all this bull**** voter ID crap out of here? It's been argued to death and we don't need to rehash it here.
Remember the good ol' days when you were mod? You used to be able to temp ban someone for making you look stupid. Now you have to plead with the current mod to stop the bleeding.

Last edited by chezlaw; 02-03-2017 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Colour and bold removed
bahbahmickey is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 03:07 PM   #587
pokerodox
The Situation
 
pokerodox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: can never leave
Posts: 4,890
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerowo View Post
Chez, can we get all this bull**** voter ID crap out of here? It's been argued to death and we don't need to rehash it here.
That would be silly. I don't think it's been argued in this forum. It is certainly relevant to a Trump presidency.

You say it's fake news, but just because some Harvard researchers questioned the methodology doesn't make the underlying facts wrong. Maybe the breadth is narrower than surmised. We need to drill down.
pokerodox is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 03:24 PM   #588
pokerodox
The Situation
 
pokerodox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: can never leave
Posts: 4,890
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerodox View Post
Muslims are on a continuum. There are very bad ones - terrorists. There are just bad ones - believing it is good to kill female adulterers, gay people and those leaving Islam. Those somewhere in between with similar but less severe, odious beliefs. And there are modernized good Muslims. Look at the Pew reports. Many of them (if minorities, still huge total numbers of people), even in the worst of countries answered the questions in ways indicating some beliefs in freedom.

My view is we need to keep the good ones on our side, and bring as many from the middle as possible over to our side, while killing the very bad ones (which I normally just call the bad guys).

This is analogous to the Cold War. We had to fight the USSR (and China) on all fronts, sometimes hot wars, sometimes containment actions, but at least as important was the war of ideas. Leck Walensa (sp?) and others like him, supported by U.S. radio broadcasts, etc. and journalism like the National Review, were essential to winning the Cold War by winning the hearts and minds of those living in the Eastern Block, and even the population of Russia itself. Similarly, winning the hearts and minds of Muslims will be essential to winning this war against Islamofascism.

The pen is mightier than the sword.
So I guess we agree on this vvv

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466 View Post
Supporting the ones who are tolerant and want to reform Islam should be our goal. Being silent and "respecting" their "culture" shouldn't.
But not this vvv

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466 View Post
Muslims can change when they decide as a group to change.
I'm saying that it is extremely important for us to treat them separately and individually. In some cases that is impossible, thus we have the temp travel ban. But my point is that when you have to do something that hurts the good Muslims, you should thoroughly explain it, and point out that you're just trying to hurt the bad Muslims (in the case of killing terrorists) or protect the U.S. from the bad Muslims (in the case of the temp ban).

We NEED to explain ourselves to the good and fence-sitting Muslims.
pokerodox is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 03:30 PM   #589
chezlaw
Limey Bastard
 
chezlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: London
Posts: 42,247
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerowo View Post
Chez, can we get all this bull**** voter ID crap out of here? It's been argued to death and we don't need to rehash it here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerodox View Post
That would be silly. I don't think it's been argued in this forum. It is certainly relevant to a Trump presidency.

You say it's fake news, but just because some Harvard researchers questioned the methodology doesn't make the underlying facts wrong. Maybe the breadth is narrower than surmised. We need to drill down.
It does come up a lot and claims of voter fraud are definitely relevant. Either way it deserves it's own thread which it now has.

There's going to be far far too much trump to have just one thread on all of it.
chezlaw is online now  
Old 02-03-2017, 03:31 PM   #590
Love Sosa
veteran
 
Love Sosa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: these bitches
Posts: 2,284
Re: President Trump

Obama coming back from vacation

Spoiler:
Love Sosa is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 03:33 PM   #591
Love Sosa
veteran
 
Love Sosa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: these bitches
Posts: 2,284
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahbahmickey View Post
Remember the good ol' days when you were mod? You used to be able to temp ban someone for making you look stupid. Now you have to plead with the current mod to stop the bleeding.
Dude with the my little pony avatar was a mod here? Yikes...glad I missed those days.

Last edited by chezlaw; 02-03-2017 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Colour and bold removed
Love Sosa is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 03:35 PM   #592
chezlaw
Limey Bastard
 
chezlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: London
Posts: 42,247
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahbahmickey View Post
Remember the good ol' days when you were mod? You used to be able to temp ban someone for making you look stupid. Now you have to plead with the current mod to stop the bleeding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Sosa View Post
Dude with the my little pony avatar was a mod here? Yikes...glad I missed those days.
Not in content threads please.

I've removed the colour and bold because they draw too much attention to the post that isn't appropriate here
chezlaw is online now  
Old 02-03-2017, 03:39 PM   #593
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: President Trump

Never forget - donate now
goofyballer is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 04:34 PM   #594
spanktehbadwookie
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
spanktehbadwookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: River Region
Posts: 19,376
Re: President Trump

I got loved ones in Bowling Green and other loved ones who panic when loved ones are within 100 miles of bad **** happening. Some of those other loved ones just stop supporting you know who this morning.
spanktehbadwookie is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 04:55 PM   #595
5ive
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
5ive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Harvard, in a place like Africa
Posts: 6,751
Re: President Trump

tell me more about The Blacks
5ive is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 05:36 PM   #596
spanktehbadwookie
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
spanktehbadwookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: River Region
Posts: 19,376
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ive View Post
tell me more about The Blacks
Which blacks?

or did you mean Blaque's?

spanktehbadwookie is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 06:13 PM   #597
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: President Trump

Regarding the oft-repeated claims (including by Mori****a in this thread) that Obama banned Iraqi refugees for 6 months in 2011, which is always traced back to the same ABC News article that mentioned it only in passing - this article claims no such ban took place and there were no months in 2011 when we did not accept Iraqi refugees.
goofyballer is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 06:18 PM   #598
bahbahmickey
temp-banned
 
bahbahmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UTG-3
Posts: 13,319
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
huh? seems that our country is more divided than ever before. I asked my parents, who lived through that error, and they said that its not even close.

I suppose that is to be expected when a major political party gives up any pretense of following democratic norms and standards. its expected when an entire media empire is created to promote fake news and ppl willingly believe it bc it advances and promotes their personal feelings while the other group prefers to deal in pesky facts.
Yeah, there is little doubt that obama did an amazing job dividing the country - via doing nothing and often encouraging the poor vs. rich and black vs white issues.

Don't worry though - those days are over. America is great again.
bahbahmickey is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 08:00 PM   #599
mongidig
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,124
Re: President Trump

227,000 new jobs added in January....companies are feeling confident about the future and are hiring again...Cutting regulations is huge.

Stock market at record highs.

Consumer confidence is at it's highest level ever.

Trump is doing an amazing job. Don't believe the lies!
mongidig is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 08:01 PM   #600
kerowo
lolcat
 
kerowo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 37,202
Re: President Trump

Just don't drink from the streams by coal mines.
kerowo is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive