Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
President Trump President Trump

01-31-2017 , 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerowo
There appears to be confusion about the order from the people who are enforcing it. You have any cites of CBP letting green card holders in?
There have been initial glitches. I think Trump should have waited until Tillerson was SOS and then make the anouncement with his team behind him. They certainly should have been more clear.
01-31-2017 , 09:25 PM
It now has over 1,000 signatures

Quote:
By 4 p.m. on Tuesday, the letter had attracted around 1,000 signatures, State Department officials said, far more than any dissent cable in recent years. It was being delivered to management, and department officials said more diplomats wanted to add their names to it.
01-31-2017 , 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerowo
Who said I was an authority on terrorism? I just did the math, no refugees from those 7 countries have caused any terrorism in the states in 40 years. Why are they now being singled out? We have real demonstrated threats to American lives that are being ignored, the difference between the two "threats?" The color of their skin. Nice optics.
Man you just have a hard time with reading comprehension. You are challenging people to engage you in a discussion on terrorism and I am pointing out to you why they don't. Put another way, your ignorance on the topic makes discussing it with you a waste of time.
01-31-2017 , 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer
I'm curious how many of these people are leftover Obama people.
01-31-2017 , 09:50 PM
1.77 Million have signed the petition against trumps state visit to the UK. 114,000 have signed a rival petition

I'm a bit torn because I think we can get 500,000 plus to a protest if he comes and that it will be awesome. **** it I've signed anyway because there's no way he isn't coming.
01-31-2017 , 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezlaw
1.77 Million have signed the petition against trumps state visit to the UK. 114,000 have signed a rival petition

I'm a bit torn because I think we can get 500,000 plus to a protest if he comes and that it will be awesome. **** it I've signed anyway because there's no way he isn't coming.
What would that accomplish? Put another way, why is that in the UK's best interest in your view? Wouldn't it be better to engage one of the UK's strongest allies, discuss the intelligence that led TRUMP to his decsion and perhaps make valid criticism of his reasoning? In a word be open to face to face discussion. This left wing obsession with trying to shame people into submission is mind boggling to me and seems to me to a failed tactic. Ymmv
01-31-2017 , 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adios
Man you just have a hard time with reading comprehension. You are challenging people to engage you in a discussion on terrorism and I am pointing out to you why they don't. Put another way, your ignorance on the topic makes discussing it with you a waste of time.
Your dishonesty is shameful. Let's try it another way, our current vetting process has been 100% successful for these 7 countries for the last 40 years, what has changed this month to bring it under review? How can we tell if it gets better? What is the metric?
01-31-2017 , 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adios
What would that accomplish? Put another way, why is that in the UK's best interest in your view? Wouldn't it be better to engage one of the UK's strongest allies, discuss the intelligence that led TRUMP to his decsion and perhaps make valid criticism of his reasoning? In a word be open to face to face discussion.
It depends what you mean by the UK's interest. In many important ways, it no doubt serves us very well to cosy up to trump. He is leader of the most powerful country in the world and seems keen on a close relationship with us. The thought makes my blood run cold - I appreciate you don't agree with the concerns of many of us about the trump administration and I hope you are right (or he fails)

I want us to cosy up to Europe and a group who by and large share my values. I've no doubt if we don't then we will cosy up to trump who's values I largely abhor. I'm thinking of starting a thread with the title 'it's not the economy stupid' because I'm so fed up with everyone talking about brexit as if it's an economic issue. This is a much much more important battle over values now.

As to face to face talks, sure. He is even welcome to post here
01-31-2017 , 10:31 PM
US citizen (and veteran) from Iraq's mom is turned away from re-entering the USA after she falls ill visiting family in Iraq, she dies

Oh and she was a green card holder who had lived here since 1995, great work Trump
01-31-2017 , 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezlaw
1.77 Million have signed the petition against trumps state visit to the UK. 114,000 have signed a rival petition

I'm a bit torn because I think we can get 500,000 plus to a protest if he comes and that it will be awesome. **** it I've signed anyway because there's no way he isn't coming.
I'm sure there are several million who are happy to have him visit.
01-31-2017 , 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongidig
I'm sure there are several million who are happy to have him visit.
I'm sure you are right.
01-31-2017 , 10:45 PM


Lol, Maher gonna get himself whacked.
01-31-2017 , 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoldnDark


Lol, Maher gonna get himself whacked.
I wish Trump would weed out the nonsense. It makes him way to easy of a target for people like maher.

That was funny!
01-31-2017 , 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Position
Two points. The left have their own history of excusing or downplaying atrocities committed by leftist governments.
Point taken.

Quote:
This is unfortunately just a common feature of all political ideologies.
You have to recognize the use of violence, which always includes atrocities, is differentiated from the right to the left.

Quote:
Second, in politics, hypocrisy is only a minor sin. Much more important is whether someone is supporting good policy now, not whatever they said in the past.
Well, what really matters is intent and integrity. Unfortunately these can only be indirectly judged. Obama calling for protests now is rich indeed. Between that and his putting troops in Poland it seems like Barrack Obama is turning into "The Rock" Obama because what is happening to the population, but because he is upset he has failed his true masters. It's not about the people to him, it's about his patronage network having to take a back seat.

The opposition to Trump does not need to be led by those seek nothing but the reinstatement of the failure of democracy which allowed Trump an entry. Those people need to take a back seat because they are done. The nomination of Hillary Clinton was the apotheosis of their moral detachment and signals the beginning of their irrelevancy.
02-01-2017 , 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezlaw
C'mon 5ive, you well aware of the rules now. Keep your commentary and opinions on posters out of content threads please.
SORRY BUT MAN IT'S HARD
02-01-2017 , 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongidig
Hey 5ive! Did you see this?

13,000 Starbuck in the US.
Spr srs question: You think that bolsters your point?
02-01-2017 , 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongidig
I'm flattered you need me to feel better about yourself.

Trump welcomes all refugees whom have been fully vetted.

How long does it take to vet a refugee?
02-01-2017 , 03:44 AM
After reading this thread, I found the link I need.

Donate to the ACLU
02-01-2017 , 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoldnDark


Lol, Maher gonna get himself whacked.
lol that Goodfellas bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezlaw
1.77 Million have signed the petition against trumps state visit to the UK. 114,000 have signed a rival petition

I'm a bit torn because I think we can get 500,000 plus to a protest if he comes and that it will be awesome. **** it I've signed anyway because there's no way he isn't coming.
Are you guys going to have enough pussy hats and hijabs for that many people?
02-01-2017 , 10:37 AM
Trump probably knows that #generalstrike is starting to trend.

What do you think he will do about it when it arrives?
02-01-2017 , 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glopper
After reading this thread, I found the link I need.

Donate to the ACLU
Quote:
I am for socialism, disarmament and ultimately for abolishing the state itself as an instrument of violence and compulsion. I seek the social ownership of property, the abolition of the propertied class and sole control by those who produce wealth. Communism is, of course, the goal. ACLU founder Roger Baldwin, 1935
02-01-2017 , 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanktehbadwookie
Trump probably knows that #generalstrike is starting to trend.

What do you think he will do about it when it arrives?
Take inspiration from that bust of Churchill?
02-01-2017 , 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanktehbadwookie
Trump probably knows that #generalstrike is starting to trend.

What do you think he will do about it when it arrives?
The question is, what will you do? You all saw how the Arab Spring worked out. A genersl strike isn't gonna hurt Trump. It will just hurt everyday people in many ways. Keep up with this ignorant nonsense and perhaps you will be hoping other countries will take you in as a refuge!
02-01-2017 , 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glopper
After reading this thread, I found the link I need.

Donate to the ACLU
Would you like me to link you places to live in Canada?

      
m