Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
President Trump President Trump

03-15-2017 , 06:34 PM
I have a box of flip phones I make 1 call each on and then crack in half and throw in the river.
03-15-2017 , 06:40 PM
So wil is outright rooting for white supremacists now?
03-15-2017 , 07:06 PM
Travel ban 2.0 stayed by Hawaii federal judge

LOL this administration
03-15-2017 , 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by batair
When i applied for my last job they asked if i had a car.

And i said phone. Not smartphone. A potential employer will ask for a phone number and if you dont have one it makes it harder to get a job.

I pulled cat 5 for a while a long time ago. No smartphone required but my pickup truck helped get me the job im sure.
Ok. I disagree with you but whatever. If you think everyone needs cars and phones (even though the argument was iPhones) to get a job, that's fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by well named
Qu'est-ce que c'est? Je n'ai mÍme pas
I only speak American, sorry.
03-15-2017 , 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466
Ok. I disagree with you but whatever. If you think everyone needs cars and phones (even though the argument was iPhones) to get a job, that's fine.
Yes i think its harder (you wont get some) to get a job without a phone or car. And for some jobs where i live, they will ask you if you have a car in the interview.
03-15-2017 , 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by batair
Yes i think its harder to get a job without a phone or car. And for some jobs they will ask you if you have a car.
Yes, I get it. I find it interesting how every single argument or point is ridiculed by the your side.

The point he was making is maybe people should make some common sense decisions or make sacrifices to get the things that are important. I agree with him. If you can't afford healthcare you can afford a fancy high end smartphone or 5 dollar coffees. People used to make sacrifices all the time, now everything is a song and dance about how necessary unnecessary things are.

Everything is an excuse. It's a joke.
03-15-2017 , 07:49 PM
Add to me to the pile of people that have had jobs where I've

-had to have a car (including low-wage jobs including fast food)
-had to have a phone (including I.T. contracting jobs that can be great 2nd tier jobs, a lot better than minimum wage but you DO usually need a phone and even possibly a smartphone because you need the internet to sign up for a lot of these jobs and work platforms)
03-15-2017 , 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466
Yes, I get it.
Not in the post i quoted. It mischaracterized my views.


Quote:
I find it interesting how every single argument or point is ridiculed by the your side.
I dont have a side afaik.


Quote:
The point he was making is maybe people should make some common sense decisions or make sacrifices to get the things that are important. I agree with him. If you can't afford healthcare you can afford a fancy high end smartphone or 5 dollar coffees. People used to make sacrifices all the time, now everything is a song and dance about how necessary unnecessary things are.

Everything is an excuse. It's a joke.
None of that has to do with my point that some jobs require a car and that without a phone its going to be harder. But ok.
03-15-2017 , 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466
Yes, I get it. I find it interesting how every single argument or point is ridiculed by the your side.

The point he was making is maybe people should make some common sense decisions or make sacrifices to get the things that are important. I agree with him. If you can't afford healthcare you can afford a fancy high end smartphone or 5 dollar coffees. People used to make sacrifices all the time, now everything is a song and dance about how necessary unnecessary things are.

Everything is an excuse. It's a joke.
All these people with clinical depression, major pain issues, and cancer, what a bunch of whiners. What they need to do is pick up their bootstraps and GET A JOB FIRST, insurance will come later, amirite?
03-15-2017 , 08:02 PM
Doesn't a smartphone cost about as much as a landline now? I know thats what people say when they keep bugging me to get one...
03-15-2017 , 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer
You are, as always, incapable of making an argument without strawmanning the **** out of it. Lamborghinis earlier, now 5 dollar coffees and not just any smartphones but new, fancy, high end ones? What the **** are you talking about wil?
You do realize not a single person has argued that good decisions should be made by people in bad situations, right?

Please quote.
03-15-2017 , 08:08 PM
Ergo you get to say they're buying Lamborghinis/iPhone 7s/$5 coffees with no pushback? lol, no
03-15-2017 , 08:08 PM
Foreign Policy magazine: GOP is America's Party of White Nationalism

https://twitter.com/Evan_McMullin/st...63046093058049
03-15-2017 , 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by einbert
All these people with clinical depression, major pain issues, and cancer, what a bunch of whiners. What they need to do is pick up their bootstraps and GET A JOB FIRST, insurance will come later, amirite?
Most of the time, yes. People are capable of making decisions. Decisions mean something. You can make a good argument that most of your life is determined by which decisions you make. A lot of people make stupid decisions in life and they suffer the consequences. That's fine with me, but don't cry to me about it.
03-15-2017 , 08:11 PM
Its mostly your side which will be crying about losing their healthcare. For some reason the crazy libs want to save them anyway.

Last edited by batair; 03-15-2017 at 08:23 PM.
03-15-2017 , 08:12 PM
Quote:
Most of the time, yes. People are capable of making decisions. Decisions mean something. You can make a good argument that most of your life is determined by which decisions you make. A lot of people make stupid decisions in life and they suffer the consequences. That's fine with me, but don't cry to me about it.
Decisions like "I'd sure like to have clinical depression today" and "cancer sure seems swell, I think I'll try that!"?
03-15-2017 , 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer
Ergo you get to say they're buying Lamborghinis/iPhone 7s/$5 coffees with no pushback? lol, no
I was exaggerating obviously.

I just don't agree. You do what you have to do to get what you want in life. If having expensive gadgets and buying frivolous things are important to you, don't whine when you can't afford the things that should be higher priority.

It's just part of the victimhood loser mentality of the left.
03-15-2017 , 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by einbert
Decisions like "I'd sure like to have clinical depression today" and "cancer sure seems swell, I think I'll try that!"?
I don't know what this means.

People I know who desperately need healthcare find ways to get coverage. It's not magic.
03-15-2017 , 08:16 PM
Well that's part of the problem. Going without a $700 iPhone doesn't do you much good when the average cost for healthcare for a person in the U.S. is $10,000. You would need to go without 22 iPhones or so a year.
03-15-2017 , 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466
I don't know what this means.

People I know who desperately need healthcare find ways to get coverage. It's not magic.
It means people don't CHOOSE to get sick. People are going to get sick period, it's just a matter of when not if. If someone with clinical depression can't get treatment first, they are incredibly unlikely to be able to get a job or do other productive things. That's just a fact. You may not like the facts but you can't hide from them in your safe space, snowflake.
03-15-2017 , 08:32 PM
The unconstitutional Muslim Ban has been struck down by the courts once again!


https://twitter.com/MartinOMalley/st...57830555721728
03-15-2017 , 08:46 PM

https://twitter.com/CAPAction/status/842170993401581569
03-15-2017 , 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466
No, it's really not.
Yep, it is. Cutting back on smaller expenditures doesn't magically make a family able to afford something that costs tens of thousands of dollars when Trumpcare takes their subsidies away. That's why Jason Chaffetz got roundly skewered and walked back his comments when he opened his mouth about iPhones and why your posts here are just as dumb.
03-15-2017 , 09:06 PM
Meddling in people's spending choices, and doing so based on mostly uninformed stereotypes is so weak. That's just asking to get defied and denied.
03-15-2017 , 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by einbert
Well that's part of the problem. Going without a $700 iPhone doesn't do you much good when the average cost for healthcare for a person in the U.S. is $10,000. You would need to go without 22 iPhones or so a year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by einbert

https://twitter.com/CAPAction/status/842170993401581569
i'm confused. so you're for obama care or against it?

also can you keep us up to date on what 5'9 tall black man is tweeting?

      
m