Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Politics version 7.0 more politics.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2017, 08:26 PM   #2951
BroadwaySushy
banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: In a basket of deplorables
Posts: 3,237
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer View Post
Slate: Did Jeff Sessions commit perjury? Probably not.

Yeah wow the liberals are really savaging Trump with all this fake news! Great job Sushy!
Well, your mate einbert here keeps pushing it pretty hard. (along with many others)
BroadwaySushy is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 08:31 PM   #2952
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwaySushy View Post
Well, your mate einbert here keeps pushing it pretty hard. (along with many others)
The standard of "fake news" is "things random people post on internet forums"? Jesus you're unhinged.
goofyballer is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 08:33 PM   #2953
bahbahmickey
temp-banned
 
bahbahmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UTG-3
Posts: 13,319
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by einbert View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by einbert View Post
At least we are #1 in something:

I'm having a difficult time deciding which one of these is dumber.
bahbahmickey is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 08:34 PM   #2954
wil318466
banned
 
wil318466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 19,155
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by einbert View Post
It is pretty goddamn ironic that people like the fine folks here actually think USA is the paradise and Europe is a hellhole. If anything it's totally the other way around, and our problems are all self-made (almost all due to Republican policies). It's really sad. It's always the people who have never left their home state that are terrified to death of being killed by ISIS.
These arguments are so disingenuous.

Einbert, what is the USA ranked in education and healthcare in the world?

In the top 100 lists of hospitals and universities in the world, which country is massively over represented?

Explain.
wil318466 is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 08:38 PM   #2955
HastenDan
banned
 
HastenDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,711
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by einbert View Post
Dan,

Why don't you write some really good op-ed's calling for Sessions to resign. I think that's something Democrats could be doing a lot more of right now. Let's see what you've got.
Afraid I am not much of a writer, as can be evidenced by my numerous run-on sentences, improper grammar and shoddy use of punctuation.
HastenDan is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 08:38 PM   #2956
BroadwaySushy
banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: In a basket of deplorables
Posts: 3,237
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer View Post
The standard of "fake news" is "things random people post on internet forums"? Jesus you're unhinged.
Einbert, he's calling you a random posting fake news on the internet.

LMAO
BroadwaySushy is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 08:43 PM   #2957
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: President Trump

I'm staring open-mouthed at my computer screen at the fact that you're bawling tears over the "fake news" being spread at Donald Trump because...of things that 2+2 forum posters write?

Maybe this post from earlier ITT will help educate you, but I'm not very hopeful for your potential to ever learn anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Position View Post
Meh, even that isn't fake news. It has to not only be fake, but also pretending to be a news source, eg this. Wayne LaPierre doesn't pretend to be a news source, partisan or otherwise. The Onion is fake news.
goofyballer is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 08:46 PM   #2958
einbert
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
einbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: read "Fraud Famine and Fascism"
Posts: 14,918
Re: President Trump

There are mixed opinions on whether Sessions can be prosecuted for perjury. We all know he committed perjury, big difference.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...ecuted-perjury
Quote:
The answer is not exactly cut and dry. At the time of his confirmation hearings, Sessions was still serving as a senator from Alabama. The Constitution's Speech or Debate Clause shields lawmakers from prosecution for lying during proceedings in the House or Senate. The clause was written with the intent to foster debate in Congress without the threat of lawsuits stifling discussion. So, since Sessions was a sitting Senator when he allegedly misled Congress, does that mean he's off the hook? Mother Jones put the question to three constitutional law experts.

"There might be other things he can be prosecuted for," says Josh Chafetz, a law professor at Cornell University, referencing laws that allow Congress to hold individuals in contempt for providing false testimony. But, says Chafetz, Sessions can't be prosecuted for perjury.

Harvard law professor Laurence Tribe sees it differently. "That would be a laughable misuse of the Speech and Debate Clause," he says. "He was testifying under oath as an [attorney general] nominee, not in the discharge of any Senatorial business of his own."

Yale Law professor Bruce Ackerman says he's inclined to believe that Sessions is not protected by the clause. Still, Ackerman says there's no decisive case law on the issue, which muddies the waters. "Only one thing is clear," he says, "Sessions must recuse himself, and it is incumbent on the Administration to appoint a special prosecutor."
einbert is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 08:47 PM   #2959
einbert
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
einbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: read "Fraud Famine and Fascism"
Posts: 14,918
Re: President Trump

Regardless of whether Sessions can be prosecuted for perjury, he perjured himself in friggin' confirmation hearings. How can he remain as Attorney General? He must resign immediately, that much is clear.
einbert is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 08:51 PM   #2960
BroadwaySushy
banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: In a basket of deplorables
Posts: 3,237
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by einbert View Post
There are mixed opinions on whether Sessions can be prosecuted for perjury. We all know he committed perjury, big difference.
Well, no we all don't actually.
BroadwaySushy is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 08:53 PM   #2961
einbert
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
einbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: read "Fraud Famine and Fascism"
Posts: 14,918
Re: President Trump

Why do you think it's okay for the Attorney General to lie to the American people, under oath? On crucial matters of national security, no less.
einbert is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 09:00 PM   #2962
BroadwaySushy
banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: In a basket of deplorables
Posts: 3,237
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by einbert View Post
Why do you think it's okay for the Attorney General to lie to the American people, under oath? On crucial matters of national security, no less.
As I have explained to you before, it depends on whether he did it intentionally or not.

You don't seem to be able to grasp the fact that there is a difference. It's quite simple really.
BroadwaySushy is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 09:05 PM   #2963
einbert
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
einbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: read "Fraud Famine and Fascism"
Posts: 14,918
Re: President Trump

And if it was accidental, why did he wait so long to clarify? In fact, he waited until reporting revealed the truth to the public. He prepped for those hearings, he knew that was a likely question. So again, I ask. Why did he lie, and why are you okay with him lying?
einbert is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 09:07 PM   #2964
einbert
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
einbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: read "Fraud Famine and Fascism"
Posts: 14,918
Re: President Trump

This is about how well The Donald's criminal trial is going to go btw. Spoiler Alert: He ends up in an orange jumpsuit to match his stupid orange face.
einbert is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 09:08 PM   #2965
microbet
Solar Powered
 
microbet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 54,424
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwaySushy View Post
As I have explained to you before, it depends on whether he did it intentionally or not.

You don't seem to be able to grasp the fact that there is a difference. It's quite simple really.
Grunching, but did what intentionally? Spoke words?

It depends on whether he intentionally or accidentally spoke words? Like maybe they were burps that just sounded like lies?
microbet is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 09:12 PM   #2966
2OutsNoProb
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: BK, NY
Posts: 15,997
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwaySushy View Post
As I have explained to you before, it depends on whether he did it intentionally or not.

You don't seem to be able to grasp the fact that there is a difference. It's quite simple really.
He lied, he knows he lied, you know he lied. You Trumpkins don't want to admit that you're wrong, fine. But the stupidity and the criticism over it will continue coming at you from the left. Republicans in general and Trump specifically won't survive it for much longer, particularly considering that Don The Con hasn't done a single good thing since entering office.
2OutsNoProb is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 09:13 PM   #2967
einbert
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
einbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: read "Fraud Famine and Fascism"
Posts: 14,918
Re: President Trump

Most important moment of Sessions' political career (confirmation hearing for Attorney General) and you think he was playing Pokemon Go the week before? Like seriously? He was studying and preparing for testimony. He knew exactly what he was doing when he lied to all of us.
einbert is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 09:26 PM   #2968
spanktehbadwookie
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
spanktehbadwookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: River Region
Posts: 19,376
Re: President Trump

Sessions was probably just locker room talking.
spanktehbadwookie is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 09:35 PM   #2969
DisGunBGud
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DisGunBGud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: GENIE LAND
Posts: 23,710
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwaySushy View Post
As I have explained to you before, it depends on whether he did it intentionally or not.

You don't seem to be able to grasp the fact that there is a difference. It's quite simple really.
Is a lie not a lie? Whether you did it intentionally or not means nothing.

Once again I go back to a theme lost on so many people. Accountability! Own your ****. To try and excuse a guy lying because you are implying he didn't do it on purpose is complete gutter trash.

And to assume you know his intent clearly makes you a level 7 wizard so now we have to address that
DisGunBGud is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 09:38 PM   #2970
ymmv
grinder
 
ymmv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 653
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwaySushy View Post
Well, no we all don't actually.


All of us who pay attention do. Just because broadway sush is ignorant doesn't mean the rest of us are


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ymmv is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 09:53 PM   #2971
HastenDan
banned
 
HastenDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,711
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by einbert View Post
Why do you think it's okay for the Attorney General to lie to the American people, under oath? On crucial matters of national security, no less.
Crazy that I can't seem to find a single post from you upset about Eric Holder

I mean, he was held in contempt! And not prosecuted due to Obama citing executive privilege.

Holder, the man who refused to prosecute any top executives from the financial institutions responsible for the economic crisis.

Are you aware of Fast and Furious? Do you know people were murdered by these weapons?

Seems like some of those things would have caused plenty of Einbert outrage, and yet not a peep?

Shocking.
HastenDan is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 09:59 PM   #2972
einbert
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
einbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: read "Fraud Famine and Fascism"
Posts: 14,918
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by HastenDan View Post
Crazy that I can't seem to find a single post from you upset about Eric Holder

I mean, he was held in contempt! And not prosecuted due to Obama citing executive privilege.

Holder, the man who refused to prosecute any top executives from the financial institutions responsible for the economic crisis.

Are you aware of Fast and Furious? Do you know people were murdered by these weapons?

Seems like some of those things would have caused plenty of Einbert outrage, and yet not a peep?

Shocking.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism
Quote:
Whataboutism is a term describing a propaganda technique used by the Soviet Union in its dealings with the Western world during the Cold War. When criticisms were levelled at the Soviet Union, the response would be "What about..." followed by the naming of an event in the Western world.[1][2] It represents a case of tu quoque (appeal to hypocrisy),[3] a logical fallacy which attempts to discredit the opponent's position by asserting the opponent's failure to act consistently in accordance with that position, without directly refuting or disproving the opponent's initial argument.

The term describing the technique was popularized in 2008 by Edward Lucas in an article for The Economist. Lucas said that this tactic is observed in the politics of modern Russia, along with this being evidence of a resurgence of Cold War and Soviet-era mentality within Russia's leadership.[1]
:yawn:
einbert is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 09:59 PM   #2973
Hired Goons2
adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 867
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisGunBGud View Post
Is a lie not a lie? Whether you did it intentionally or not means nothing.

Once again I go back to a theme lost on so many people. Accountability! Own your ****. To try and excuse a guy lying because you are implying he didn't do it on purpose is complete gutter trash.

And to assume you know his intent clearly makes you a level 7 wizard so now we have to address that
I'm not following...
Hired Goons2 is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 10:03 PM   #2974
Pwn_Master
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Pwn_Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,780
Re: President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by HastenDan View Post
Crazy that I can't seem to find a single post from you upset about Eric Holder

I mean, he was held in contempt! And not prosecuted due to Obama citing executive privilege.

Holder, the man who refused to prosecute any top executives from the financial institutions responsible for the economic crisis.

Are you aware of Fast and Furious? Do you know people were murdered by these weapons?

Seems like some of those things would have caused plenty of Einbert outrage, and yet not a peep?

Shocking.
WhatAboutDan strikes again! I have heard of the Fast and Furious scandal but if you could kindly link me to your posts on this subject I'd be happy to educate myself further. Thanks in advance.
Pwn_Master is offline  
Old 03-05-2017, 10:07 PM   #2975
microbet
Solar Powered
 
microbet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 54,424
Re: President Trump

Dan,

You really work hard to prove Fly is right about you. I don't think einbert has any posts in Politics before Bernie.

You talked a lot about things like neo-liberalism, financialization, honesty, campaign finance etc at one point, but it's pretty clear that it's all culture war with you. You hate coastal liberals more than you care about America turning fascist and even more oligarchical.
microbet is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive