Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Politics version 7.0 more politics.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2017, 04:33 PM   #201
spanktehbadwookie
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
spanktehbadwookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: River Region
Posts: 19,376
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Goading people into arguing and then blaming them for arguing is opposite doing justice socially. We can flowchart much of this business.
spanktehbadwookie is offline  
Old 02-05-2017, 04:41 PM   #202
BroadwaySushy
banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: In a basket of deplorables
Posts: 3,237
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoFrantic View Post
Then, you can PM me examples Sushy.
Lol. No

Just open your eyes.
BroadwaySushy is offline  
Old 02-05-2017, 04:41 PM   #203
Shame Trolly !!!1!
Neo-Gorean
 
Shame Trolly !!!1!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,823
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ball View Post
... It's almost like you change the definition of SJW whenever it suits your argument.
Quote:
Originally Posted by superslug View Post
... lunacy of the SJW has actually contributed to Trumps popularity... You can be against SJWs, Trump... at the same time quite easily... elements of the SJW movement have promoted...these SJWS are...
Yeah, the set of people called SJWers changes like the wind. There's a whole mysterious SJWer movement we're told. People say they waste their time -and at the same instant- make D.Trump more popular. This just makes the OSJers hoppin' mad.

But still, nobody can tell us who these SJWers happen to be. It remains... well you know, covered in guac.

Shame Trolly !!!1! is offline  
Old 02-05-2017, 04:44 PM   #204
BroadwaySushy
banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: In a basket of deplorables
Posts: 3,237
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

I gave you an example of one a little while ago.

Remember, the supposedly intelligent university professor behaving like a 3 year old child
BroadwaySushy is offline  
Old 02-05-2017, 04:53 PM   #205
BroadwaySushy
banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: In a basket of deplorables
Posts: 3,237
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Europa View Post
That's because you and your little yellow dick don't appear threatening to white men. You're under control and not scary at all. In fact you're on their side! Keep punching down, maybe some day they'll perceive you as equal (spoiler: they won't).
Here's one for you ^, right on cue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aoFrantic View Post
Then, you can PM me examples Sushy.
BroadwaySushy is offline  
Old 02-05-2017, 04:59 PM   #206
superslug
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 701
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoFrantic View Post
Can you link to racist/fascist SJW elements?

I linked in the other thread the thousands of hate crimes since the election. There are infographics of how many were against white people. Hint: it's not many!
I wasnt implying it was an epidemic.

I can link you loads of hate crimes that turned out to be fake. Can also link you examples of SJW movements being racist/facist.

Will link a few examples in this tread tomorrow.
superslug is offline  
Old 02-05-2017, 05:01 PM   #207
13ball
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
13ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: No Quarter is a Sandy Hook Truther
Posts: 12,925
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by superslug View Post
Of course I still believe it exists but I dont believe that the best way to combat it is more racism or more facism which certain elements of the SJW movement have promoted.

There will always be racists in our society unfortunately. And iv seen more racism directed towards white people than black people recently to be honest. And no I dont think that white people are oppressed.

But lets not forget that alot of these SJWS are not saying that racism still occurs they are actually saying that we live in a white supremacist society.

I do believe that the years of oppression has had an impact on the black communities that still feel the effect of that oppression. I dont believe that just because racism still exists that that gives you the right to assert that your opinion is superior to anyone elses and that all white people are privileged.

That is a very black and white (scuse the pun) oversimplified way of looking at the world.
Well, you said

Quote:
privilege imo is determined by class not sex or color of your skin.
so that seemed like you were denying that race played any role at all.

Then you say:

Quote:
I dont believe that just because racism still exists that that gives you the right to assert that your opinion is superior to anyone elses and that all white people are privileged.
But if racism exists, then isn't it an advantage not to be a member of the race that is discriminated against? The term privilege is probably not the best descriptor because it causes confusion. What it means is that being white gives one an advantage, all other things being equal. It does not mean that a poor white person is better off than a black millionaire.

Maybe the terminology here is part of the problem. "White advantage" might be the better phrase to use.
13ball is offline  
Old 02-05-2017, 05:02 PM   #208
aoFrantic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
aoFrantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 23,502
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

"Social justice movements being racist/fascist" is contradictory. They stop becoming social justice movements the second any of that is inclusive or a goal. That point seemed to go over both of your heads.
aoFrantic is offline  
Old 02-05-2017, 05:03 PM   #209
spanktehbadwookie
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
spanktehbadwookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: River Region
Posts: 19,376
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Excellence is a goal under social justice. Consider the excellent social values available and look for exemplification to see social justice.

You can see social justice people. Social is you and me at least who ever you are.
spanktehbadwookie is offline  
Old 02-05-2017, 05:29 PM   #210
57 On Red
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 4,703
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWf View Post
Lord needs people to stop complaining about sexism and racist. If they don't, well, he will have no option but to endorse killing them.

(of course, he wouldn't be killing any of them himself. He has 3 different types of asthma and his Mom has zero wiggle room on the curfew)
Don't know about that, but he's certainly tweeted:-

Quote:
Wow to Trump giving this message. I take my hat off to him.
And:--

Quote:
Trump is the real deal. No puppet, this is it.
Besides tweeting fan-worship of well-known less-than-grown-up YouTube misogynist Sargon of Akkad and also retweeting this gem, from a friend apparently:--

Quote:
is it too soon for white ppl to adopt "my nazi" as a term of endearment?
57 On Red is offline  
Old 02-05-2017, 05:30 PM   #211
superslug
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 701
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoFrantic View Post
Can you link to racist/fascist SJW elements?

I linked in the other thread the thousands of hate crimes since the election. There are infographics of how many were against white people. Hint: it's not many!
Banning conservative speakers in university's is the most obvious example.

A very Orwellian thing to do.

Another reason to hate the SJW movement is they have me sticking up for conservatives.
superslug is offline  
Old 02-05-2017, 05:36 PM   #212
superslug
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 701
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoFrantic View Post
"[B]Social justice movements being racist/fascist" is [/B]contradictory. They stop becoming social justice movements the second any of that is inclusive or a goal. That point seemed to go over both of your heads.
Denying people to right to speak. Valuing peoples speech over others because of the color of their skin and not the strength of their arguments and segregating people on the colour of their skin a form of fascism doesn't matter what name you give it.
superslug is offline  
Old 02-05-2017, 05:37 PM   #213
superslug
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 701
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ball View Post
Well, you said



so that seemed like you were denying that race played any role at all.

Then you say:


But if racism exists, then isn't it an advantage not to be a member of the race that is discriminated against? The term privilege is probably not the best descriptor because it causes confusion. What it means is that being white gives one an advantage, all other things being equal. It does not mean that a poor white person is better off than a black millionaire.

Maybe the terminology here is part of the problem. "White advantage" might be the better phrase to use.
These are good points I will expand upon later.
superslug is offline  
Old 02-05-2017, 05:38 PM   #214
aoFrantic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
aoFrantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 23,502
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by superslug View Post
Banning conservative speakers in university's is the most obvious example.

A very Orwellian thing to do.

Another reason to hate the SJW movement is they have me sticking up for conservatives.
What conservative speakers have been banned? What "SJW" have the authority to ban them?
Hint: Milo was not banned.

I'd love for you to tell me the difference between Universities canceling the speeches from the females targeted by gamergate harassment because they(read: Milo supporters) phoned in repeated bomb threats and this, though.

Last edited by aoFrantic; 02-05-2017 at 05:43 PM.
aoFrantic is offline  
Old 02-05-2017, 06:09 PM   #215
superslug
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 701
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoFrantic View Post
What conservative speakers have been banned? What "SJW" have the authority to ban them?
Hint: Milo was not banned.

I'd love for you to tell me the difference between Universities canceling the speeches from the females targeted by gamergate harassment because they(read: Milo supporters) phoned in repeated bomb threats and this, though.
Milo has been banned as well as been forced not to speak due to protests. At multiple universitys. In this case he wasnt banned but had to cancel due to violent protests which is almost as bad.

Ben Shapiro has also been banned , both under guise of not wanting to promote hate speech which is ****ing laughable.

Your speaking like I would approve of that happening? That is disgraceful as well obviously.

But do you really need me to explain to you the difference between a few rogue arseholes phoning bomb threats and the actual staff of university s , the people responsible for both setting the sylabis and also actually educating the the next generation of your country controlling what speakers should speak based on their political persuasion?

If these guys were holocaust denyers or actual white supremacists I would understand btw.
superslug is offline  
Old 02-05-2017, 06:17 PM   #216
aoFrantic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
aoFrantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 23,502
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Where has Milo been banned from in the USA? I cannot find any citation that supports this. Please, stick to facts.

Generally, his events get canceled because he calls his tour the "dangerous ******" tour, or threatens to out LGBT/illegal students of that university, not his "political persuasion." But, that's like facts and stuff.

Last edited by aoFrantic; 02-05-2017 at 06:22 PM.
aoFrantic is offline  
Old 02-05-2017, 06:21 PM   #217
superslug
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 701
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoFrantic View Post
Where has Milo been banned from in the USA? I cannot find any citation that supports this.
https://www.insidehighered.com/news/...o-yiannopoulos
superslug is offline  
Old 02-05-2017, 06:26 PM   #218
aoFrantic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
aoFrantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 23,502
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

No where in that link does it say Milo has ever been banned from any secondary education facility. Perhaps give your own sources a good read through before posting them?
aoFrantic is offline  
Old 02-05-2017, 06:28 PM   #219
spanktehbadwookie
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
spanktehbadwookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: River Region
Posts: 19,376
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

People assembled, whatever stopped whoever from doing that didn't stop the people who did show up.
spanktehbadwookie is offline  
Old 02-05-2017, 06:35 PM   #220
superslug
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 701
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoFrantic View Post
No where in that link does it say Milo has ever been banned from any secondary education facility. Perhaps give your own sources a good read through before posting them?
I did actually. Are you being deliberately difficult? Ok he wasnt banned he just had his appearances canceled so he couldn't speak. Everything I said still stands.

So some people find him a little offensive and he makes crude jokes. Your educating the next group of people who are going to run our country offending them is hardly grounds to stop him from expressing his view.
superslug is offline  
Old 02-05-2017, 06:37 PM   #221
superslug
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 701
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanktehbadwookie View Post
People assembled, whatever stopped whoever from doing that didn't stop the people who did show up.
The police had to cancel the event as they were concerned for peoples safely.
Some people did assemble good for them, im all for protesting, have at it.

Other people also attacked people beat them unconscious, smashed buildings and sprayed women with pepper spray.
superslug is offline  
Old 02-05-2017, 06:40 PM   #222
aoFrantic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
aoFrantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 23,502
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

There is a gigantic difference from being banned from a place and having your appearance canceled due to threats/funding issues. You were being intentionally misleading. You should try not to do that.
You think outing people who are not out is a "Crude joke?" It's absolutely ****ing disgusting. Trump wrote legislation for an executive order that would see people be fired/denied basic rights due to being LGBT (it doesnt look like he will sign it), yet you think it's a joke?
aoFrantic is offline  
Old 02-05-2017, 06:44 PM   #223
spanktehbadwookie
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
spanktehbadwookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: River Region
Posts: 19,376
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

I've seen what police can do to peaceful assemblers. No doubt a huge topic to explore.
spanktehbadwookie is offline  
Old 02-05-2017, 06:46 PM   #224
superslug
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 701
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoFrantic View Post
There is a gigantic difference from being banned from a place and having your appearance canceled due to threats/funding issues. You were being intentionally misleading. You should try not to do that.
Dude I wasn't being deliberately being misleading, In my opinion I think being not allowed to speak and express your views is akin to being banned.

WHy the **** else would a speaker want to go a university? DId you think i was implying that they wouldn't let him enroll there if he wanted or something?

Put it this way if I was a speaker and a university said oh dont worry were not banning you just not allowing you to speak I would laugh in their face. The **** else would I go to your university for?
superslug is offline  
Old 02-05-2017, 06:49 PM   #225
aoFrantic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
aoFrantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 23,502
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

No, they are completely different words that have completely different meanings. Please, look up the word "ban." Harvard wouldn't want me to speak at their University. I am not banned from speaking at Harvard University. How is this difficult?
aoFrantic is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive