Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Politics version 7.0 more politics.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2017, 02:28 PM   #101
Shame Trolly !!!1!
Neo-Gorean
 
Shame Trolly !!!1!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,824
re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466 View Post
I couldn't give a flying **** what you think about me.
I was just saying you were wrong. Not all OSJers are white, racist, fascists. That is all.
Shame Trolly !!!1! is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 02:32 PM   #102
wil318466
banned
 
wil318466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 19,155
re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

You are wrong about every subject you speak about. Reading your posts is comedy gold.
wil318466 is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 02:33 PM   #103
13ball
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
13ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: No Quarter is a Sandy Hook Truther
Posts: 12,925
re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Guys, wil REALLY doesn't care what you think about him.
13ball is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 02:42 PM   #104
wil318466
banned
 
wil318466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 19,155
re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ball View Post
Guys, wil REALLY doesn't care what you think about him.
I really don't. Watching you people fumble and **** up everything is amusing. You people are wrong about every single subject because you view everything in the world through feelings based idiocy.

Everything is wrong from your side. You would think that when results keep coming up showing you are incorrect you may take a second to question your decision making process, yet you people don't.

Truth is the only thing that is important. Your feelings don't mean jack ****.
wil318466 is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 03:21 PM   #105
Europa
adept
 
Europa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: take a guess
Posts: 727
re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

In the end, this is all about empathy, isn't it? We have a similar term in German, "Gutmensch" (literally "good-human"). Like SJW or liberal (as it's used in the US), the words themselves ostensibly describe positive traits: Social justice, freedom or goodness.

In come the people you could call right-wingers, deplorables or evil. They lack empathy. They can't imagine other people aren't like them. They think everybody is a secret racist, because they're racist. They can't imagine people actually caring about refugees, because they don't care about brown people dying overseas. So to keep their world-view intact vis-a-vis people fighting for refugee rights, they make up ulterior motives for them, conspiracy theories isn't wrong either.

Like the SJW who only does it for the hypothetical pussy (which that loser'll never get haha!). The liberal who can't stand freedom of speech. The good-human who isn't actually good and just acts it for the social credit / peer pressure.

Liberals, SJW and so on are just synonyms of good people. Deplorables know this. They also know they are not like them, ergo: Liberals, SJW can't be truly good people, after all, that would make deplorables not so good people. Every "point" or thought they have starts with this premise. Their enemy needs to be evil, stupid and so on, because otherwise it would mean that they are it, themselves.
Europa is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 03:30 PM   #106
Morishita System
old hand
 
Morishita System's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,391
re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Notch defined SJWs as "Anyone who believes personal feelings are worth defending more than personal liberties." I think that is accurate.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Europa View Post
In the end, this is all about empathy, isn't it? We have a similar term in German, "Gutmensch" (literally "good-human"). Like SJW or liberal (as it's used in the US), the words themselves ostensibly describe positive traits: Social justice, freedom or goodness.

In come the people you could call right-wingers, deplorables or evil. They lack empathy. They can't imagine other people aren't like them. They think everybody is a secret racist, because they're racist. They can't imagine people actually caring about refugees, because they don't care about brown people dying overseas. So to keep their world-view intact vis-a-vis people fighting for refugee rights, they make up ulterior motives for them, conspiracy theories isn't wrong either.

Like the SJW who only does it for the hypothetical pussy (which that loser'll never get haha!). The liberal who can't stand freedom of speech. The good-human who isn't actually good and just acts it for the social credit / peer pressure.

Liberals, SJW and so on are just synonyms of good people. Deplorables know this. They also know they are not like them, ergo: Liberals, SJW can't be truly good people, after all, that would make deplorables not so good people. Every "point" or thought they have starts with this premise. Their enemy needs to be evil, stupid and so on, because otherwise it would mean that they are it, themselves.
This made me LOL. You sound exactly like the leftist counterpart of a rapture ready Christian right-winger.

Last edited by Morishita System; 02-03-2017 at 03:36 PM.
Morishita System is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 03:35 PM   #107
Shame Trolly !!!1!
Neo-Gorean
 
Shame Trolly !!!1!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,824
re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Europa View Post
... Their enemy needs to be evil, stupid and so on, because otherwise it would mean that they are it, themselves.
Yep. Well said.

The OSJers always start out swearing they're good-siders, and always end up concluding that these mysterious SJWers are the real bad-side-doers.
Shame Trolly !!!1! is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 03:39 PM   #108
13ball
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
13ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: No Quarter is a Sandy Hook Truther
Posts: 12,925
re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Europa nailed it. That's what the whole "virtue signaling" line is about. The far right thinks liberals are just as racist as they are, but they are hiding it because reasons.
13ball is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 03:56 PM   #109
Shame Trolly !!!1!
Neo-Gorean
 
Shame Trolly !!!1!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,824
re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ball View Post
Europa nailed it. That's what the whole "virtue signaling" line is about...
The amazing thing is I gotta figure OSJers do their thingee for what I'd call "lack of virtue signalling".

IRL the usual suspects who habitually derail conversations with laments about the "sandy vagina PC Police" aren't bitter, they're loving their turn in the spotlight, and they're playing to the crowd. Online, our OSJers get so excited, they can't even do it right (like you can't actually "shout down" peeps online), and they just love 'em a circlejerk.

Yeah, PC Police running amok, got it c1990.
Shame Trolly !!!1! is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 04:48 PM   #110
wil318466
banned
 
wil318466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 19,155
re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ball View Post
Europa nailed it. That's what the whole "virtue signaling" line is about. The far right thinks liberals are just as racist as they are, but they are hiding it because reasons.

Liberals are as racist as can be. They are just racist against a different group.

Jesus Christ.
wil318466 is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 04:58 PM   #111
LordJvK
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LordJvK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 13,489
re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori****a System View Post
Notch defined SJWs as "Anyone who believes personal feelings are worth defending more than personal liberties." I think that is accurate.
Correct point, made excellently.
LordJvK is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 05:00 PM   #112
LordJvK
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LordJvK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 13,489
re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

It's funny Europa talked about empathy because this is the EXACT thing that SJWs have lacked over recent Brexit and Trump votes.

Not for a single ****ing second did they stop to consider WHY those votes happened the way they did.

Instead they doubled down and doubled down again that it was because half the voting population are racists.

I mean it should be embarrassing to people that they lack empathy on that scale, that they could be that sneering and that condescending.

And for the record, I voted to remain in the EU, and I would have voted Hilary.

I have empathy. You people who can't reflect on what has happened have none.
LordJvK is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 05:25 PM   #113
Shame Trolly !!!1!
Neo-Gorean
 
Shame Trolly !!!1!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,824
re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori****a System View Post
Notch defined SJWs as "Anyone who believes personal feelings are worth defending more than personal liberties." I think that is accurate...
Well, that fits anti-abortionists now doesn't it? A lot have the personal feeling that abortion is murder, and to defend that feeling they're more than willing to deprive woman the personal liberty to choose.

Or how about anti-nudists, they (correctly) feel having to look at my junk is odious, and to defend that feeling they're all hippy-happy to deprive me of my personal liberty to let it all hang out.

Oh wait, I got another one. What about those uppity NCA&T students back in the day. They had the personal feeling that segregated lunch counters were not cool, and they defended that feeling by disrupting the store owner's personal liberty to discriminate. If that happened today, would those uppity students be SJWers?

ZOMG youz dudez are really bad at this shiz !!!1!

Last edited by Shame Trolly !!!1!; 02-03-2017 at 05:33 PM. Reason: I got another one... maybe ???/?
Shame Trolly !!!1! is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 05:42 PM   #114
LordJvK
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LordJvK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 13,489
re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

You are completely missing the point.

If SJW behaviour mirrors extreme right wing anti-abortionist nutters.

If SJW behaviour puts them in the same emotion-led, faith-based park as evangelicals ...

Then it should be a problem for anyone who has a problem with those same people.

This is why there's such a huge cross over between atheists and anti-SJWs.

Richard Dawkins is against both Christian fundamentalists AND feminist fundamentalists / SJWs.

Virtually all of the major anti-SJW voices, Amazing Atheist, Thunderfoot, and so on, got their start attacking evolution deniers and religious nuts.

Isn't it interesting they found themselves up against SJWs and transitioning many of the same arguments against them, because they too deny science, don't use reason, argue from faith and zealously decry non-believers.

So well done, you played a blinder here, you proved their point, and mine, and others of us who see sense.
LordJvK is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 05:58 PM   #115
Shame Trolly !!!1!
Neo-Gorean
 
Shame Trolly !!!1!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,824
re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJvK View Post
... So well done, you played a blinder here, you proved their point, and mine, and others of us who see...
Yes, the truth's out there, I just can't see it... I've heard all that crap before.

But still, nobody can tell us who these dastardly SJWers happen to be. It remains a mystery, wrapped in intestines, and boiled. Here's the thing: this notch-head didn't describe who these SJWers are, he described what he doesn't like about them. That's what you fools keep doing every single time.

The fact is you can't describe who these SJWers are... not the dastardly things they do, or how much you despise them, or their testosterone level, or whatev... but simply who they flippin' are. The fact is you'll also go to amazing lengths to avoid discussing the above. The fact is this all is very easy to demonstrate...

Q: If the NCA&T sit in happened today, would those uppity students be SJWers?
A: ??
Shame Trolly !!!1! is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 06:09 PM   #116
Gin 'n Tonic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Gin 'n Tonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Reclining my seat
Posts: 6,306
re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

100,000 sjw's join the women's march in London to protest the democratically elected president of a foreign country 3000 some-odd miles away. This at a time when social care budgets have been cut and the homeless are sleeping rough in doorways in ever increasing numbers while the price of the capital's housing skyrockets.

Of course their bit of communal group hug and virtue signalling costs hundreds of thousands of pounds to police and clean up after, but obviously it's way more important that they have their pathetic five minutes of group therapy than actually do something that might make a difference to a real person.

A plague on the lot of them.
Gin 'n Tonic is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 06:13 PM   #117
FoldnDark
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
FoldnDark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louie
Posts: 11,931
re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Well, SJW a broad catch-all term that should only be used in the abstract or as an insult, and I think Cotton Hill put out a pretty good definition somewhere. I'd only add that it describes people who seem to think of various -isms like racism, sexism, so on, as sins that must be shamed away in the same way the Church treats evil, which clearly doesn't work. Anyone who questions their methods are also clearly sinners who secretly sympathize with the devil and must also be shamed for their crimes of thought.

That and, if you read one of these threads and can't spot an SJW on the first page, then you are probably an SJW.
FoldnDark is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 06:20 PM   #118
Shame Trolly !!!1!
Neo-Gorean
 
Shame Trolly !!!1!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,824
re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin 'n Tonic View Post
100,000 sjw's join the women's march in London...
OK VG. This is much better. This is actually telling us who a subset of these SJWers happens to be. In particular, we now know that the ~100k participants in the London Women's March are SJWers (and perhaps by extension, the ~3m marchers world wide... perhaps).

Maybe it's not all a conspiracy theory after all...
Shame Trolly !!!1! is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 06:40 PM   #119
Shame Trolly !!!1!
Neo-Gorean
 
Shame Trolly !!!1!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,824
re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoldnDark View Post
Well, SJW... describes people who seem to think of... racism, sexism, so on, as sins that must be shamed away... [and a]nyone who questions their methods are also clearly sinners who... must also be shamed...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin 'n Tonic View Post
100,000 sjw's join the women's march in London...
But right here we run into a road block again. First, of course, how are we supposed to 'grok' what peeps "seem to think". But second, I imagine only a small minority of those marchers were "seeming to think" about some farcical sin & shame morality play. Maybe I'm wrong, but we can be certain that not all 100k of those London SJWers were "seeming to think" the exact same thing. So once again, it looks like...

OSJers (illiberal liberals, whatev) use the term SJWer (or whatev) to mean whoever they personally don't like.
Shame Trolly !!!1! is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 06:41 PM   #120
FoldnDark
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
FoldnDark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louie
Posts: 11,931
re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Yeah, I wouldn't consider all of the protesters to be SJW's, and clearly lots of people use the term however they please. Kind of like the term bigot and all the various -ists.
FoldnDark is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 07:01 PM   #121
Shame Trolly !!!1!
Neo-Gorean
 
Shame Trolly !!!1!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,824
re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoldnDark View Post
Yeah, I wouldn't consider all of the protesters to be SJW's, and clearly lots of people use the term however they please...
But Gin n Tonic considers all of them SJWs. So do the editors of the Oxford Dictionary (not that they matter ITT). We await word of LordJvK's personal usage. A pattern is emerging however. It seems to be a personal usage. And in all non-ironic usages it's a derogatory. In other words, it seems to mean...

Whoever the OSJer personally doesn't like.

Quote:
... Kind of like the term bigot...
No. No it's not. Peeps calling other peeps bigots aren't shy about identifying exactly who they're calling bigots. That whole calling out by name thingee is precisely what makes the OSJers so damn bitter... remember?

OTOH, the OSJers are more than shy about identifying who exactly who they're calling SJWers. It's like pulling teeth to even get them to spit out the slightest bit of information. It took what, three days for someone to spit out that the 100k marchers in London were SJWers.

You couldn't find two things that are more different.
Shame Trolly !!!1! is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 07:05 PM   #122
LordJvK
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LordJvK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 13,489
re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoldnDark View Post
Well, SJW a broad catch-all term that should only be used in the abstract or as an insult, and I think Cotton Hill put out a pretty good definition somewhere. I'd only add that it describes people who seem to think of various -isms like racism, sexism, so on, as sins that must be shamed away in the same way the Church treats evil, which clearly doesn't work. Anyone who questions their methods are also clearly sinners who secretly sympathize with the devil and must also be shamed for their crimes of thought.

That and, if you read one of these threads and can't spot an SJW on the first page, then you are probably an SJW.
Correct point, excellently made.
LordJvK is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 07:07 PM   #123
LordJvK
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LordJvK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 13,489
re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin 'n Tonic View Post
100,000 sjw's join the women's march in London to protest the democratically elected president of a foreign country 3000 some-odd miles away. This at a time when social care budgets have been cut and the homeless are sleeping rough in doorways in ever increasing numbers while the price of the capital's housing skyrockets.

Of course their bit of communal group hug and virtue signalling costs hundreds of thousands of pounds to police and clean up after, but obviously it's way more important that they have their pathetic five minutes of group therapy than actually do something that might make a difference to a real person.

A plague on the lot of them.
I suspect there were plenty of non-SJWs caught up in these protests. I know some fairly normal people who went, for example.

There were plenty of SJWs there too of course.
LordJvK is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 07:08 PM   #124
13ball
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
13ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: No Quarter is a Sandy Hook Truther
Posts: 12,925
re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJvK View Post
Virtually all of the major anti-SJW voices, Amazing Atheist
Let's take a look at something this guy wrote (spoiler because it's offensive as hell):

Spoiler:


Somehow--and shockingly!--your "anti-SJW" heroes end up being terrible, terrible people.
13ball is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 07:11 PM   #125
13ball
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
13ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: No Quarter is a Sandy Hook Truther
Posts: 12,925
re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

This must seem like magic to some of you. How can I know that searching these "anti-SJWs" will turn up odious, horrible beliefs?

Because the term SJW was coined by terrible people and continues to be spread and used by terrible people. If you're not a terrible person you may want to find a different term.
13ball is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive