Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Politics version 7.0 more politics.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2017, 04:26 AM   #276
5ive
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
5ive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Harvard, in a place like Africa
Posts: 6,751
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

The drooling waste of life has spent 10Ks of words saying some iteration of, "Everything is wrong from your side," without once actually detailing what all these mountains of wrong things are.
5ive is offline  
Old 02-07-2017, 04:42 AM   #277
5ive
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
5ive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Harvard, in a place like Africa
Posts: 6,751
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

I love when these simpletons think they're dropping the mic with bull**** like this, never once considering, "Hey, maybe in a plain reading 'feelings' and 'liberties' could practically be synonyms..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori****a System View Post
Notch defined SJWs as "Anyone who believes personal feelings are worth defending more than personal liberties." I think that is accurate.




...
When your liberties are defended it feels good man and when they're not it feels bad man, right? You simple ****ing idiot.
5ive is offline  
Old 02-07-2017, 04:47 AM   #278
5ive
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
5ive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Harvard, in a place like Africa
Posts: 6,751
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoldnDark View Post
Well, SJW a broad catch-all term that should only be used in the abstract or as an insult, and I think Cotton Hill put out a pretty good definition somewhere. I'd only add that it describes people who seem to think of various -isms like racism, sexism, so on, as sins that must be shamed away in the same way the Church treats evil, which clearly doesn't work. Anyone who questions their methods are also clearly sinners who secretly sympathize with the devil and must also be shamed for their crimes of thought.

That and, if you read one of these threads and can't spot an SJW on the first page, then you are probably an SJW.
It occurs to me the opposite might be true. I think racists are racist and water is wet, but it's only the former that gets you guys' lawnmowers orbiting.
5ive is offline  
Old 02-07-2017, 05:15 AM   #279
LordJvK
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LordJvK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 13,489
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by superslug View Post
Banning conservative speakers in university's is the most obvious example.

A very Orwellian thing to do.

Another reason to hate the SJW movement is they have me sticking up for conservatives.
Correct. And then when you stick up for said conservative they accuse you of BEING THE SAME as that conservative.

This is because they are literally stupid.
LordJvK is offline  
Old 02-07-2017, 05:52 AM   #280
5ive
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
5ive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Harvard, in a place like Africa
Posts: 6,751
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

[/thread] or maybe even [/forum]?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil318466 View Post
I truly don't know what any of that means.
5ive is offline  
Old 02-07-2017, 05:54 AM   #281
5ive
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
5ive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Harvard, in a place like Africa
Posts: 6,751
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJvK View Post
Correct. And then when you stick up for said conservative they accuse you of BEING THE SAME as that conservative.

This is because they are literally stupid.
Well sure if you conveniently ignore that the word 'ban' means something specific.
5ive is offline  
Old 02-07-2017, 09:09 AM   #282
michelle227
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 2,175
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by superslug View Post
I think Milo was within his rights to critisize him on his position. But pulling the guys picture up in front of everyone was bang out of order.
Justin had already chosen to make himself a public figure on campus. Public figures are apt to have their photos displayed in public.
michelle227 is offline  
Old 02-07-2017, 12:01 PM   #283
FoldnDark
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
FoldnDark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louie
Posts: 11,931
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ive View Post
It occurs to me the opposite might be true. I think racists are racist and water is wet, but it's only the former that gets you guys' lawnmowers orbiting.

That was a very stupid thing to say.
FoldnDark is offline  
Old 02-07-2017, 01:21 PM   #284
Shame Trolly !!!1!
Neo-Gorean
 
Shame Trolly !!!1!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,824
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by superslug View Post
I was using womens study as an example not saying all SJWs do that course exclusively. Or that everyone who did that course was an SJW... You say its a tiny minority of people which is fair enough... if this was a group of a dozen nutters I would the concede the point but its hundreds of people...
Sure, let's not talk just about WS Depts. We agree, we're talking about at most a few hundred people across all of US academia. There's ~2500 colleges in the US, so the vast majority of campuses will have exactly zero SJWers. But then you continue as such...

Quote:
... This movement is sweeping university's... doesn't mean that these SJW ideologues arent sweeping their country...
Which is just laughably conspiritartical. This whole "SJWers are ruining the world" song is just conspiritardical to it's core. Like this...

Quote:
... they do... have their own media (just look at MTV news or Buzzfeed)...
MTV is owned by Viacom, the 6th largest media company by revenue. Buzzfeed is a ~$160M company by revenue and is ~#150 ranked on Alexa. Are the owners of Viacom, and the owners of Buzzfeed, SJWers? Or have these few hundred SJWers bored within, and captured major segments of the MSM. Again, this is just loltastically conspiratardical.

Quote:
... And they all do share a common goal...
What is this common goal (besides annoying you)?

Quote:
... And they do... have their own candidates running for office...
Which candidates?

Quote:
... they are trying to achieve those means by using authoritarian tactics...
What authoritarian tactics? Who is using them? What are some examples?

Quote:
... you can still be subject to that [SJW] indoctination even if you dont major in that subject...
And this is flat out conspiritardical. So... there's a buncha these SJWer professors, who have bored into various departments across the universities, and they're openly indoctrinating students under the college administrators noses? Are the administrators helpless to stop them... or are they in on it too? How do they cover it all up? I mean they would have to generate legitimate class work and hold legitimate lectures, etc, as a cover while they're doing all this indoctoring. All so they can generate a few hundred more new secret squirrel SJWers to terrorize the world... or is it all just to royally annoy you personally.

Did you ever stop to think you're simply being punked when you buy into this whole SJWer Conspiracy ??
Shame Trolly !!!1! is offline  
Old 02-07-2017, 01:29 PM   #285
LordJvK
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LordJvK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 13,489
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Wake up
LordJvK is offline  
Old 02-07-2017, 01:49 PM   #286
wil318466
banned
 
wil318466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 19,155
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Every Trolly is just a troll. Shame Trolly is no different.
wil318466 is offline  
Old 02-07-2017, 02:00 PM   #287
LordJvK
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LordJvK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 13,489
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

He's a total moron.
LordJvK is offline  
Old 02-07-2017, 02:18 PM   #288
Leo_Trollstoy
journeyman
 
Leo_Trollstoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 289
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

All the Trolly posters are lame.
Leo_Trollstoy is offline  
Old 02-07-2017, 02:44 PM   #289
superslug
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 701
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shame Trolly !!!1! View Post
Sure, let's not talk just about WS Depts. We agree, we're talking about at most a few hundred people across all of US academia. There's ~2500 colleges in the US, so the vast majority of campuses will have exactly zero SJWers. But then you continue as such...


Which is just laughably conspiritartical. This whole "SJWers are ruining the world" song is just conspiritardical to it's core. Like this...
Im not saying they are ruining the world they are however having a growing influence.

A few hundred people across the all of US academia? I just showed you two different campuses with a few hundred people never mind across all of the states.

Here is a different example on a different collage campus , another few hundred people. They are holding mass protests even some going on hunger strike because one of the staff wrote a comforting yet poorly worded email.

They were also pissed off at the lack of diversity among the staff which I can understand but they are surrounded by liberal collage teachers, these people must be among the most liberal and accepting people in the country. Their reaction considering their position of privilege is way over the top. There is a much longer video I could have posted where it basically shows a bunch of spoiled collage kids stamping their feet and bullying their teachers for an hour.

In the shorter version this Asian girl tells them that racism can come from anyone not just white people. She is quickly removed and silenced for promoting wrong think


http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...old_email.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8UTj8lQJhY


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shame Trolly !!!1! View Post
MTV is owned by Viacom, the 6th largest media company by revenue. Buzzfeed is a ~$160M company by revenue and is ~#150 ranked on Alexa. Are the owners of Viacom, and the owners of Buzzfeed, SJWers? Or have these few hundred SJWers bored within, and captured major segments of the MSM. Again, this is just loltastically conspiratardical.
Again not sure there numbers but the theme is constant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1IewlAi7dA

MTV producing a racist new years resolution for white guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpEJcLnxeTM

Race obsessed CNN contributor trying to downplay hate attacks on white Trump supporters. Btw im no fan of Mark Dice but this was the first video I could find with the relevant clip.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Shame Trolly !!!1! View Post


What is this common goal (besides annoying you)?



Which candidates?



What authoritarian tactics? Who is using them? What are some examples?
I have already answered these and provided you with numerous examples. Here is Sally Brown who is in the DNC telling everyone that her job is to shut other white people down. Never mind about all the white people that live in poverty , **** them


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPWsVVgi9fI


Ill continue to post them in this thread as and when they come up and post any old ones that are relevant as well. And you can continue to bury your head in the sand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shame Trolly !!!1! View Post

And this is flat out conspiritardical. So... there's a buncha these SJWer professors, who have bored into various departments across the universities, and they're openly indoctrinating students under the college administrators noses? Are the administrators helpless to stop them... or are they in on it too? How do they cover it all up? I mean they would have to generate legitimate class work and hold legitimate lectures, etc, as a cover while they're doing all this indoctoring. All so they can generate a few hundred more new secret squirrel SJWers to terrorize the world... or is it all just to royally annoy you personally.

Did you ever stop to think you're simply being punked when you buy into this whole SJWer Conspiracy ??
Its not like they are in a dark room rubbing their hands together twirling their mustaches plotting to brain wash the whole world and send all dissenter off to the gulags.

I would say that when black students want safe spaces with no white people allowed that they have been brainwashed and indoctrinated. And again this is not a handful of people this was a few hundred on one campus.

Last edited by superslug; 02-07-2017 at 03:05 PM.
superslug is offline  
Old 02-07-2017, 02:46 PM   #290
13ball
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
13ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: No Quarter is a Sandy Hook Truther
Posts: 12,925
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJvK View Post
Wake up
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJvK View Post
He's a total moron.
These are not convincing arguments.
13ball is offline  
Old 02-07-2017, 02:47 PM   #291
LordJvK
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LordJvK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 13,489
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

You don't deserve happiness.
LordJvK is offline  
Old 02-07-2017, 03:00 PM   #292
superslug
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 701
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJvK View Post
Correct. And then when you stick up for said conservative they accuse you of BEING THE SAME as that conservative.

This is because they are literally stupid.
People are too partizan these days and blindly agree or refuse to criticize anything their own "side" does. The best example I can think of is most republicans flat out refusing to acknowledge man made climate change despite most evidence pointing to the contrary.

Obama is another good example. If you listen to a democrat he could do no wrong , listen to a republican and he is the devil reincarnated. I mean look at all these people protesting at the airport over this "muslim" ban. I agree btw that it is a ****ed up thing to do and agree with the protests.

But where were all these protesters when Obama was bombing the **** out of these countries? Not a peep.

The reason I am so hard on the left is because I expect alot better from them. These collage students are the people that fought so hard for civil rights amoungst other things. And now they are fighting for colored only safe spaces and going nuts because a collage professor forgot their name.

I dont criticize guys like Pence too much because plenty of other people do and I wouldn't expect much more from a backwards dinosaur like that. It almost goes without saying that he is a moron. I dont see the point in criticizing him because on this forum I assume that everyone here is smart enough to realize the guy is a clown.
superslug is offline  
Old 02-07-2017, 03:14 PM   #293
13ball
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
13ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: No Quarter is a Sandy Hook Truther
Posts: 12,925
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJvK View Post
You don't deserve happiness.
You sound bitter.
13ball is offline  
Old 02-07-2017, 03:23 PM   #294
57 On Red
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 4,716
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by superslug View Post

Here is a different example on a different collage campus , another few hundred people. They are holding mass protests even some going on hunger strike because one of the staff wrote a comforting yet poorly worded email.


... And again this is not a handful of people this was a few hundred on one campus.
Students gonna student. And it was ever thus.

Incidentally, 'collage' means something like Magritte's Escargot, it doesn't mean a university institution.
57 On Red is offline  
Old 02-07-2017, 03:24 PM   #295
13ball
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
13ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: No Quarter is a Sandy Hook Truther
Posts: 12,925
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by superslug View Post
Im not saying they are ruining the world they are however having a growing influence.

A few hundred people across the all of US academia? I just showed you two different campuses with a few hundred people never mind across all of the states.

Here is a different example on a different collage campus , another few hundred people. They are holding mass protests even some going on hunger strike because one of the staff wrote a comforting yet poorly worded email.

They were also pissed off at the lack of diversity among the staff which I can understand but they are surrounded by liberal collage teachers, these people must be among the most liberal and accepting people in the country. Their reaction considering their position of privilege is way over the top. There is a much longer video I could have posted where it basically shows a bunch of spoiled collage kids stamping their feet and bullying their teachers for an hour.

In the shorter version this Asian girl tells them that racism can come from anyone not just white people. She is quickly removed and silenced for promoting wrong think


http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...old_email.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8UTj8lQJhY




Again not sure there numbers but the theme is constant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1IewlAi7dA

MTV producing a racist new years resolution for white guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpEJcLnxeTM

Race obsessed CNN contributor trying to downplay hate attacks on white Trump supporters. Btw im no fan of Mark Dice but this was the first video I could find with the relevant clip.





I have already answered these and provided you with numerous examples. Here is Sally Brown who is in the DNC telling everyone that her job is to shut other white people down. Never mind about all the white people that live in poverty , **** them


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPWsVVgi9fI


Ill continue to post them in this thread as and when they come up and post any old ones that are relevant as well. And you can continue to bury your head in the sand.



Its not like they are in a dark room rubbing their hands together twirling their mustaches plotting to brain wash the whole world and send all dissenter off to the gulags.

I would say that when black students want safe spaces with no white people allowed that they have been brainwashed and indoctrinated. And again this is not a handful of people this was a few hundred on one campus.
Again, there are certainly some ridiculous things that so-called SJWs say and do. And this is a problem at some colleges. Why is this a problem in larger society? The students are getting away with over-reaching because college administrators can't afford to anger their customers. I know some liberal professors who are sick of that attitude, but they don't get much help from the admin because the admin just want to keep the students happy.

I don't see how that power translates to the real world. And when we have the right wing engaged in denying science and creating conspiracies, I don't see why I should give it much concern.
13ball is offline  
Old 02-07-2017, 03:32 PM   #296
LordJvK
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LordJvK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 13,489
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ball View Post
You sound bitter.
I'm not bitter, I just don't want to find happiness in life.
LordJvK is offline  
Old 02-07-2017, 03:34 PM   #297
Shame Trolly !!!1!
Neo-Gorean
 
Shame Trolly !!!1!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,824
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by superslug View Post
... A few hundred people across the all of US academia? I just showed you two different campuses with a few hundred people never mind across all of the states...
Well, we can put some numbers on things, regardless. Let's imagine a few thousands, say 10k. That would mean an average of ~4 per campus given ~2500 US colleges. If there were 25 campuses with a critical mass of 100 SJWers each... there would still mean that over 99% of US colleges would have on average ~3 SJWers.

Besides, 100 SJWers on a campus like SDSU, with 33k enrollment, is 0.3% of the student body. The Pilates Club is proly 10x bigger and more influential than these alleged SJWers. The whole theory is just simply conspiratrdical.

Quote:
... Here is a different example on a different collage campus... holding mass protests... because one [thing that really annoyed you]...
Yeah we get that you hear about things that annoy you. I hear about things that annoy me too. But here's the thing. You weren't there, now were you? This is just something you got in your feed, or twittergrammed, or whatev. So some students were having a protest about something, and find that annoying... so what. Students got a right to protest. It's good clean fun, as long as nobody gets shot in the gut, etc. Why not just let it be?

What's not well adjusted is imagining that there is a conspiracy to annoy you.

Quote:
... Again not sure there numbers but the theme is constant... MTV producing a racist new years resolution foir white guys... CNN...
I got the numbers from Wikipedia. Viacom is the 6th largest media company by revenue. CNN is owned by Time Warner, which is the 3rd largest media by revenue. BuzzFeed had $167M revenue in 2015 and directly employed 770 in 2014.

The WSJer Theory seems to require that these large corporations, two of which are publicly traded, and which comprise a significant segment of the MSM... have been infiltrated and turned by this cadre of SJWers, and the owners and execs have been powerless to stop them. In a world... conspiritardical.

Quote:
... I would say that when [some] students want [something that annoys you]... that they have been brainwashed and indoctrinated...
OK. We already got that you believe indoctoring is going on.

Who's doing it? Is it a buncha rogue professors? Are the university admins in on it? How about the university boards of trustees/regents/visitors/whatev... are they in on it too? Is this indoctering done out in the open? In class? Or is it done on the sly outside of the course work? What the flip are they actually being indoctored to do (besides annoy you)?

Common dude, don't hold back, inquiring minds wanna know...

Last edited by Shame Trolly !!!1!; 02-07-2017 at 03:42 PM.
Shame Trolly !!!1! is offline  
Old 02-07-2017, 04:05 PM   #298
superslug
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 701
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ball View Post
Again, there are certainly some ridiculous things that so-called SJWs say and do. And this is a problem at some colleges. Why is this a problem in larger society? The students are getting away with over-reaching because college administrators can't afford to anger their customers. I know some liberal professors who are sick of that attitude, but they don't get much help from the admin because the admin just want to keep the students happy.

I don't see how that power translates to the real world. And when we have the right wing engaged in denying science and creating conspiracies, I don't see why I should give it much concern.
This is a concern for me as well.

This has seeped into larger societies and I will provide examples.

Even if I give you the benefit of the doubt and say it hasnt seeped into mainstream society the fact that these students will run out countries, schools and university s in the future is a worry for me as it eventually will.

The left has become a joke between these collage kids and the corporate democrats who have forgotten that they are meant to be a party for the working class. Just watch the acceptance speeches at these awards shows , they have massive disdain for anyone who voted Trump.

They think that anyone who is against illegal immigration is racist. Cant be that they are worried about having to compete with more people for their minimum wage jobs? When was the last time that an oscar winner had to compete with an illegal immigrant for their livlihood? I personally dont think illegal immigration is as big an issue as made out to be but I think that the people affected by it most should be able to voice their concern without being told that they are racist by a multi millionaire.

And the more this goes on the weaker the left gets and the stronger people like Trump get.
superslug is offline  
Old 02-07-2017, 04:11 PM   #299
LordJvK
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LordJvK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 13,489
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Superslug continues to post truth.
LordJvK is offline  
Old 02-07-2017, 04:20 PM   #300
superslug
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 701
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57 On Red View Post
Students gonna student. And it was ever thus.

Incidentally, 'collage' means something like Magritte's Escargot, it doesn't mean a university institution.
Spelling was never my strong suit and since I left "collage" it has gotten worse.

By all means feel free to correct me im sure it will be a worthwhile use of your time.
superslug is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive