Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Politics version 7.0 more politics.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2017, 06:50 PM   #226
superslug
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 701
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanktehbadwookie View Post
I've seen what police can do to peaceful assemblers. No doubt a huge topic to explore.
I agree with you there.
superslug is offline  
Old 02-05-2017, 06:53 PM   #227
superslug
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 701
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoFrantic View Post
There is a gigantic difference from being banned from a place and having your appearance canceled due to threats/funding issues. You were being intentionally misleading. You should try not to do that.
You think outing people who are not out is a "Crude joke?" It's absolutely ****ing disgusting. Trump wrote legislation for an executive order that would see people be fired/denied basic rights due to being LGBT (it doesnt look like he will sign it), yet you think it's a joke?
Given that he is a massive provocateur im willing to bet he was joking. How was he going to out gay people then? Run around offering gammys then post of list of everyone that said yes?

Has he outed anyone at the places he has spoke at? theres been quite a few.....


Trump is an arsehole. What has that got to do with what we are talking about?
superslug is offline  
Old 02-05-2017, 06:57 PM   #228
aoFrantic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
aoFrantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 23,522
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

He wasn't joking. He has done it before. Please, just do basic research before defending your opinion so vociferously.
aoFrantic is offline  
Old 02-05-2017, 08:03 PM   #229
spanktehbadwookie
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
spanktehbadwookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: River Region
Posts: 19,376
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

'I've seen people like milo leave because other people showed up before, during, and after the people like milko were scheduled to show up because that is a foreseeable outcome of such a situation for, like, ages. I'm saying it's Not a new scenario.'

-From the upcoming social work: What 'nazis' do to people and why not to live-action role-play being even like one for money.
spanktehbadwookie is offline  
Old 02-05-2017, 08:12 PM   #230
well named
poorly undertitled
 
well named's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: esse est coesse
Posts: 78,091
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoldnDark View Post
I finished the first set of videos, and found them very interesting. The humanist/anti-humanist stuff was new to me. Also got a kick out of the Addison Dewitt "narration" bit.

I'd really like to see someone like Well Named and/or OriP argue with Lord about his takes on the roots of the current social justice movement.
Ask and ye shall receive...
well named is offline  
Old 02-05-2017, 09:02 PM   #231
FoldnDark
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
FoldnDark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louie
Posts: 11,931
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by well named View Post
Ask and ye shall receive...


FoldnDark is offline  
Old 02-05-2017, 09:56 PM   #232
Victor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 65,797
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by superslug View Post
Im against all those things as well. Thing is the lunacy of the SJW has actually contributed to Trumps popularity and also made certain people forget how crazy the right can be.
see, I dont think so. it doesnt make sense. its not logical.

this has been discussed a lot on this forum (and a ton of other places) and it just doesnt pass the smell test.

I just can not see ppl lashing out againt sjw by becoming racist and supporting racists. unless, ofc, they already had those tendencies.
Victor is offline  
Old 02-05-2017, 10:01 PM   #233
Victor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 65,797
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57 On Red View Post
Don't know about that, but he's certainly tweeted:-



And:--



Besides tweeting fan-worship of well-known less-than-grown-up YouTube misogynist Sargon of Akkad and also retweeting this gem, from a friend apparently:--
he also linked to a youtube of a white supremacist that used selective editing and ofc horrid logic to argue that daniel holtzclaw was railroaded and was actually innocent.

(realize, that this was guy that was convicted by an all white jury. 12 (mebbe more) women testified that he raped them by using his police badge to coerce them. tracking on his vehicle confirmed that he traveled to these secluded areas at the exact same time that these women claimed he did. this included during off duty situations)

his act is so unreal transparent that it is truly offensive that he thinks anyone on this forum is dumb enough to fall for it.
Victor is offline  
Old 02-06-2017, 12:11 AM   #234
FlyWf
It's the other way
 
FlyWf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: [ ] REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE
Posts: 58,099
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
he also linked to a youtube of a white supremacist that used selective editing and ofc horrid logic to argue that daniel holtzclaw was railroaded and was actually innocent.

(realize, that this was guy that was convicted by an all white jury. 12 (mebbe more) women testified that he raped them by using his police badge to coerce them. tracking on his vehicle confirmed that he traveled to these secluded areas at the exact same time that these women claimed he did. this included during off duty situations)

his act is so unreal transparent that it is truly offensive that he thinks anyone on this forum is dumb enough to fall for it.
Jesus Christ
FlyWf is offline  
Old 02-06-2017, 06:12 AM   #235
Europa
adept
 
Europa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: take a guess
Posts: 727
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Shower thought time. This is probably obvious to mostly everybody, but wasn't for me - I consider myself relatively knowledgeable about politics but haven't had much interaction with political online trolls / just ignore them, normally.

I was thinking about how they are soundly losing every argument they're getting into and yet don't get discouraged at all when it hit me: They aren't truly losing an argument just like a 419 scammer doesn't truly lose a scam victim by mentioning they're from Nigeria right off the bat: Anybody who's put off by the wealthy prince being from Nigeria wouldn't have sent any money to Nigeria down the road, anyway - so they weed out those people instantly and only focus on the vulnerable. You probably see where I'm going with this.

The normal posters aren't their target audience. The trolls themselves might think that lurkers are the audience, but even that's not the core. Just read any of those threads and picture yourself as having no opinion on the issue. You're not gonna be convinced by those trolls and their transparent tactics, much less antics. They are their own audience.

Trump only needs 60 million voters. I've read those "rules for conservative trolls" they use or however it's called. That ****'s not working on normal people, except getting them mad over its stupidity. But it gives the trolls a "purpose" and the feeling of being part of something bigger / a grand plan. Look at how unusually often they quote each other with variations of "this is a great post!" or "you've got it, man!" but never once in history convincing anyone who wasn't on their side, already.

It's a cult. Jevoha's witnesses get sent out to recruit new followers, yes, but at least as important is keeping the existing members busy with the good struggle. IS terrorists don't actually want the West to convert to Islam. Trolls aren't here to convince anyone, it's just busywork so they stay in line and indoctrinate themselves further.
Europa is offline  
Old 02-06-2017, 07:32 AM   #236
leavesofliberty
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: probably busto
Posts: 6,284
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Europa View Post
Shower thought time. This is probably obvious to mostly everybody, but wasn't for me - I consider myself relatively knowledgeable about politics but haven't had much interaction with political online trolls / just ignore them, normally.

I was thinking about how they are soundly losing every argument they're getting into and yet don't get discouraged at all when it hit me: They aren't truly losing an argument just like a 419 scammer doesn't truly lose a scam victim by mentioning they're from Nigeria right off the bat: Anybody who's put off by the wealthy prince being from Nigeria wouldn't have sent any money to Nigeria down the road, anyway - so they weed out those people instantly and only focus on the vulnerable. You probably see where I'm going with this.

The normal posters aren't their target audience. The trolls themselves might think that lurkers are the audience, but even that's not the core. Just read any of those threads and picture yourself as having no opinion on the issue. You're not gonna be convinced by those trolls and their transparent tactics, much less antics. They are their own audience.

Trump only needs 60 million voters. I've read those "rules for conservative trolls" they use or however it's called. That ****'s not working on normal people, except getting them mad over its stupidity. But it gives the trolls a "purpose" and the feeling of being part of something bigger / a grand plan. Look at how unusually often they quote each other with variations of "this is a great post!" or "you've got it, man!" but never once in history convincing anyone who wasn't on their side, already.

It's a cult. Jevoha's witnesses get sent out to recruit new followers, yes, but at least as important is keeping the existing members busy with the good struggle. IS terrorists don't actually want the West to convert to Islam. Trolls aren't here to convince anyone, it's just busywork so they stay in line and indoctrinate themselves further.
Projection.
leavesofliberty is offline  
Old 02-06-2017, 01:33 PM   #237
Gin 'n Tonic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Gin 'n Tonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Reclining my seat
Posts: 6,306
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezlaw View Post
Hey I missed this. I'm an SJW now
Would you be interested in responding to my post? I genuinely don't understand the justification for the protest or what it hopes to achieve.
Gin 'n Tonic is offline  
Old 02-06-2017, 02:47 PM   #238
superslug
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 701
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ball View Post
Well, you said


so that seemed like you were denying that race played any role at all.

Then you say:


But if racism exists, then isn't it an advantage not to be a member of the race that is discriminated against? The term privilege is probably not the best descriptor because it causes confusion. What it means is that being white gives one an advantage, all other things being equal. It does not mean that a poor white person is better off than a black millionaire.

Maybe the terminology here is part of the problem. "White advantage" might be the better phrase to use.
I believe that if you are born white then you are more likely to be privileged so its not like I dont think that race is a factor.

Its the way that alot of these SJWs use privilege as a absolute. If your born white your privileged , if your born black your not. If they used it with more nuance I would have less of a problem with them using it.

Like those black collage kids who are moaning like they are second class meanwhile they have way more privilege than a white person born in a trailer park. If they acknowledged their own privilege then I would be more inclined to listen. So no its not so much the terminology that is the problem but the way in which it is used and applied.

Racism does still exist obviously and always will but im seeing plenty of racism towards white people at the moment as well. I do think that historically the US was a white supremacists country and it still effects the black community today. Now I do believe the vast majority of people are not racist and I might get some heat for this but I believe that there are probably more racist black people than white people at this moment in time. Obviously this is not because black people are more inherently racist but more so because of the oppressive history of white people. Im basing this on the amount of **** white people posts iv seen on twitter and amount of **** white people videos iv seen on youtube so maybe its not the most scientific assumption but just my general feeling.
superslug is offline  
Old 02-06-2017, 02:50 PM   #239
superslug
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 701
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
see, I dont think so. it doesnt make sense. its not logical.

this has been discussed a lot on this forum (and a ton of other places) and it just doesnt pass the smell test.

I just can not see ppl lashing out againt sjw by becoming racist and supporting racists. unless, ofc, they already had those tendencies.
Your own logic is flawed though as you assume that if you support Trump then you are a racist. This is false.
superslug is offline  
Old 02-06-2017, 02:54 PM   #240
spanktehbadwookie
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
spanktehbadwookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: River Region
Posts: 19,376
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Racists cheer trump and his policies, a host of supremacists. Who and how does one stand out from that crowd and not cheer with them and still support trump? You're not cheering his policies with them? Just cheering him?
spanktehbadwookie is offline  
Old 02-06-2017, 02:57 PM   #241
13ball
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
13ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: No Quarter is a Sandy Hook Truther
Posts: 12,925
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by superslug View Post
Like those black collage kids who are moaning like they are second class meanwhile they have way more privilege than a white person born in a trailer park.
Not in the way that they are using the term. And keep in mind that they are not talking about specific people, but about entire races.

Quote:
If they acknowledged their own privilege then I would be more inclined to listen. So no its not so much the terminology that is the problem but the way in which it is used and applied.
If they "acknowledged their own privilege," they'd be talking about something else.

Quote:
Now I do believe the vast majority of people are not racist and I might get some heat for this but I believe that there are probably more racist black people than white people at this moment in time.
I doubt it. If you look at polls on interracial marriage, black people are more accepting of it than white people, but not by too much. And of course racism/prejudice against black people has far more of a negative impact than the other way around.
13ball is offline  
Old 02-06-2017, 03:00 PM   #242
Victor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 65,797
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by superslug View Post
Your own logic is flawed though as you assume that if you support Trump then you are a racist. This is false.
its false in only a vanishingly small amount of cases
Victor is offline  
Old 02-06-2017, 03:02 PM   #243
superslug
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 701
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoFrantic View Post
He wasn't joking. He has done it before. Please, just do basic research before defending your opinion so vociferously.
It seems he did not "out" gay people or out trans people. I thought you were accusing him of "outing" gay students that hadnt come out yet.

He did however put a photo of a trans student up on a slide and mock her in a presentation. Which is obviously unacceptable and a pretty scummy thing to do and I cant fault a university for not allowing him to speak after that stunt.

A few university banned , oh sorry , i mean didnt allow Ben Shapiro to speak accusing him of hate speech which is pretty ludicrous.

I still stand by my statement that I believe the SJW movement has a very worrying authoritarian streak behind it. As I said before though I think that lots in its movement are well intentioned as well.

Jordan B Peterson a collage professor in Canada who has studied authoritarian and fascist regimes has been a very outspoken opponent of the movement and has drawn parallels between the two.

Some of the stuff iv seen or heard about has been pretty outrageous such as black students requesting not to stay in accommodation with white students or white people being told at rallys to shut up based on the color of their skin. Or the assertion that you cant be racist towards white people.
superslug is offline  
Old 02-06-2017, 03:15 PM   #244
superslug
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 701
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ball View Post
Not in the way that they are using the term. And keep in mind that they are not talking about specific people, but about entire races.


If they "acknowledged their own privilege," they'd be talking about something else.


I doubt it. If you look at polls on interracial marriage, black people are more accepting of it than white people, but not by too much. And of course racism/prejudice against black people has far more of a negative impact than the other way around.
But they are using the term with in absolutes with zero nuance. Which is dangerous as it leads to student asking for people of color only safe spaces and black students asking not to be housed with white ones. Or the Berkeley protests where they protested that their safe space wasnt big enough and stopped only white students going to class and allowed only minority ones through.

I think it would be important to acknowledge your own privilege if you want to get your point across without coming across as a brat with zero self awareness and stopping people speaking based on the color of their skin.

And yes I agree with your last point. That doesn't make it acceptable or to deny that racism against whites is possible.
superslug is offline  
Old 02-06-2017, 03:16 PM   #245
BroadwaySushy
banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: In a basket of deplorables
Posts: 3,237
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
its false in only a vanishingly small amount of cases
How do you know that?

Can you read the mind of every Trump supporter.
BroadwaySushy is offline  
Old 02-06-2017, 03:32 PM   #246
michelle227
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 2,175
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by superslug View Post
It seems he did not "out" gay people or out trans people. I thought you were accusing him of "outing" gay students that hadnt come out yet.

He did however put a photo of a trans student up on a slide and mock her in a presentation. Which is obviously unacceptable and a pretty scummy thing to do and I cant fault a university for not allowing him to speak after that stunt.
For more on the actual events involving Justin Kramer... https://gendertrender.wordpress.com/...n-kramer-case/

Male-bodied persons have no business in female-segregated spaces. Actual women understand the reasoning and are pushing back against the likes of Justin being granted access while still packing peen...on occasion, the conservatives like Milo will speak up and point out why it is stupid to allow obvious males to be in spaces like locker rooms and other changing facilities.
michelle227 is offline  
Old 02-06-2017, 03:37 PM   #247
57 On Red
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 4,716
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwaySushy View Post
How do you know that?

Can you read the mind of every Trump supporter.
It's not difficult.

Trump supporters can't do it, obviously, because they lack the faculty of empathy, but... that's why they're Trump supporters.
57 On Red is offline  
Old 02-06-2017, 03:40 PM   #248
Shame Trolly !!!1!
Neo-Gorean
 
Shame Trolly !!!1!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,824
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by superslug View Post
... the SJW movement...
Quote:
Originally Posted by superslug View Post
...these SJWs use privilege as a absolute...
Youz guyz keep on doing this. Who are these SJWers, who do they happen to be? What is evidence this alleged organized 'movement'? You z guyz just keep on skipping over this detail, and keep spewing about the dastardly deeds these mysterious SJWers allegedly do.

You wanna sound the alarm... I get it. These mysterious SJWers need to be stopped you say, else heaven help us. But when we ask you just the simplest of simple Qs about your theories: who's behind them, why, how does their magic work... you all universally disemble.

Just like any other conspiracy theory.
Shame Trolly !!!1! is offline  
Old 02-06-2017, 03:44 PM   #249
spanktehbadwookie
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
spanktehbadwookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: River Region
Posts: 19,376
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle227 View Post

Male-bodied persons have no business in female-segregated spaces. Actual women understand the reasoning and are pushing back against the likes of Justin being granted access while still packing peen...on occasion, the conservatives like Milo will speak up and point out why it is stupid to allow obvious males to be in spaces like locker rooms and other changing facilities.
You are not in charge of other people's body business.
spanktehbadwookie is offline  
Old 02-06-2017, 03:45 PM   #250
superslug
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 701
Re: !!! The opposition to Social Justice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle227 View Post
For more on the actual events involving Justin Kramer... https://gendertrender.wordpress.com/...n-kramer-case/

Male-bodied persons have no business in female-segregated spaces. Actual women understand the reasoning and are pushing back against the likes of Justin being granted access while still packing peen...on occasion, the conservatives like Milo will speak up and point out why it is stupid to allow obvious males to be in spaces like locker rooms and other changing facilities.
I think Milo was within his rights to critisize him on his position. But pulling the guys picture up in front of everyone was bang out of order.
superslug is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive