Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Politics version 7.0 more politics.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2017, 02:00 PM   #2126
JiggsCasey
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
JiggsCasey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 2+2 energy editor
Posts: 7,239
Re: LOL Row Coach... peak is still here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorKeeed View Post
bump
You've spent years here arguing, essentially, the idea that (desperate) debt-based growth for the oil extraction industry is perfectly normal and sustainable. You're not fooling anyone, no matter how you shift goalposts.

In the end, it's energy that drives growth. Not labor. Not finance. Sorry.
JiggsCasey is offline  
Old 05-06-2017, 03:00 PM   #2127
SenorKeeed
mew mew mew
 
SenorKeeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 33,499
Re: LOL Row Coach... peak is still here.

So if energy drives growth, does increases in energy efficiency similarly drive growth?
SenorKeeed is offline  
Old 05-06-2017, 04:59 PM   #2128
JiggsCasey
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
JiggsCasey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 2+2 energy editor
Posts: 7,239
Re: LOL Row Coach... peak is still here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorKeeed View Post
So if energy drives growth, does increases in energy efficiency similarly drive growth?
Jevon's Paradox continues to escape you, even though we've covered it a dozen times.

It can no longer be said that you're just trying to learn as you go along here, while fronting skepticism. You absolutely refuse to even do that.
JiggsCasey is offline  
Old 05-06-2017, 05:31 PM   #2129
BrianTheMick2
Need a ride?
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 14,116
Re: LOL Row Coach... peak is still here.

I am a strong believer in Jevon/s Paradox. I sincerely hope that automobiles don't double their efficiency, or I will be forced to drive at least twice the number of miles I currently do just to keep up.
BrianTheMick2 is offline  
Old 05-06-2017, 05:38 PM   #2130
BrianTheMick2
Need a ride?
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 14,116
Re: LOL Row Coach... peak is still here.

Oh crap. Everyone who is American needs to get off their duff and drive more!

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/g...d-States:USD:g
BrianTheMick2 is offline  
Old 05-06-2017, 06:21 PM   #2131
samsonh
veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Belmont Alum
Posts: 3,447
Re: LOL Row Coach... peak is still here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggsCasey View Post
You've spent years here arguing, essentially, the idea that (desperate) debt-based growth for the oil extraction industry is perfectly normal and sustainable. You're not fooling anyone, no matter how you shift goalposts.

In the end, it's energy that drives growth. Not labor. Not finance. Sorry.
Jiggs, this article is old but still true. Also, what's the problem with investors choosing to finance these supposedly unprofitable projects? They will bear the losses.

https://www.bloomberg.com/gadfly/art...mashes-records

Personally I can't wait to get an all electric vehicle in the next few years.
samsonh is offline  
Old 05-07-2017, 03:19 PM   #2132
JiggsCasey
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
JiggsCasey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 2+2 energy editor
Posts: 7,239
Re: LOL Row Coach... peak is still here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsonh View Post
Jiggs, this article is old but still true. Also, what's the problem with investors choosing to finance these supposedly unprofitable projects? They will bear the losses.
LOL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsonh View Post
https://www.bloomberg.com/gadfly/art...mashes-records

Personally I can't wait to get an all electric vehicle in the next few years.
That's the entire problem with your argument, and arguments like yours. This isn't about your own personal, short-term mitigation.

Also, electricity isn't an energy source. We've covered that, too.
JiggsCasey is offline  
Old 05-07-2017, 03:25 PM   #2133
JiggsCasey
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
JiggsCasey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 2+2 energy editor
Posts: 7,239
Re: LOL Row Coach... peak is still here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTheMick2 View Post
I am a strong believer in Jevon/s Paradox. I sincerely hope that automobiles don't double their efficiency, or I will be forced to drive at least twice the number of miles I currently do just to keep up.
It's hard to tell if you're not smart enough to understand what it means, or just being willfully obtuse. But it's telling that you assess the situation as if you're at the center of it all.
JiggsCasey is offline  
Old 05-07-2017, 03:44 PM   #2134
samsonh
veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Belmont Alum
Posts: 3,447
Re: LOL Row Coach... peak is still here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggsCasey View Post
LOL!!!



That's the entire problem with your argument, and arguments like yours. This isn't about your own personal, short-term mitigation.

Also, electricity isn't an energy source. We've covered that, too.
Solar is an excellent energy source. Nice rebuttal to the evidence equity holders are taking more risk on shale. Jiggs, you have no legs to stand on.
samsonh is offline  
Old 05-09-2017, 08:42 AM   #2135
JiggsCasey
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
JiggsCasey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 2+2 energy editor
Posts: 7,239
Re: LOL Row Coach... peak is still here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsonh View Post
Solar is an excellent energy source.
LOL.... So solar will power the world's fleet of 800 million vehicles... Please link your source. They still can't figure out how to get an ev 18-wheeler up a hill effectively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsonh View Post
Nice rebuttal to the evidence equity holders are taking more risk on shale.
You presented evidence? Highlight the passage, and then we can examine the context. Fraud.

Nice rebuttal to the statement by the IEA acknowledging supply crunch soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsonh View Post
Jiggs, you have no legs to stand on.
Projection much?
JiggsCasey is offline  
Old 05-09-2017, 01:52 PM   #2136
samsonh
veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Belmont Alum
Posts: 3,447
Re: LOL Row Coach... peak is still here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggsCasey View Post
LOL.... So solar will power the world's fleet of 800 million vehicles... Please link your source. They still can't figure out how to get an ev 18-wheeler up a hill effectively.



You presented evidence? Highlight the passage, and then we can examine the context. Fraud.

Nice rebuttal to the statement by the IEA acknowledging supply crunch soon.



Projection much?
Jiggs, a cursory google search will show you 2016 was a huge year for shale exploration share issuance. I'm not doing work that you should already know. And if you doubt that the world is moving towards electric vehicles I don't know what to tell you. It won't happen overnight, but it's beginning now and gathering steam.
samsonh is offline  
Old 05-13-2017, 10:44 AM   #2137
JiggsCasey
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
JiggsCasey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 2+2 energy editor
Posts: 7,239
Re: LOL Row Coach... peak is still here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsonh View Post
Jiggs, a cursory google search will show you 2016 was a huge year for shale exploration share issuance.
LOL... .When out of answers, just turn back to ponzied finance as "proof" of your abundance theory. Cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsonh View Post
I'm not doing work that you should already know.
Learning as you go along, but choosing the wrong literature in support of your confirmation bias pretty much the whole way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsonh View Post
And if you doubt that the world is moving towards electric vehicles I don't know what to tell you.
Electricity isn't an energy source, and EVs still need fossil fuels, genius. ... And, I don't doubt that it's trying to move. What I doubt is that it will ever be viable on a mass commercial scale. If you were at all paying attention to my work in this thread/forum in your attempts to troll it, you'd understand that by now. It's been made painfully clear.

This isn't about what mankind "wants" to do, and what starry-eyed innovators are forever "trying" to do. It's about what they actually CAN do. Get it yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsonh View Post
It won't happen overnight, but it's beginning now and gathering steam.
LOL!!!!! .... It will need steam.

Last edited by JiggsCasey; 05-13-2017 at 10:49 AM.
JiggsCasey is offline  
Old 05-13-2017, 01:04 PM   #2138
BrianTheMick2
Need a ride?
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 14,116
Re: LOL Row Coach... peak is still here.

Oil production that is financed by borrowing instead of share issuance doesn't count as real oil.

Total miles driven has decreased drastically since we reached peak oil even though they have increased. We are in the worst recession ever right this very minute because of peak oil. It is just an illusion that I even have a job.

Technically, I'm not even typing this since I'm using power from solar panels on my roof instead of oil. The work I did on an excel spreadsheet also doesn't exist since it didn't use any oil.
BrianTheMick2 is offline  
Old 05-13-2017, 04:05 PM   #2139
samsonh
veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Belmont Alum
Posts: 3,447
Re: LOL Row Coach... peak is still here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTheMick2 View Post
Oil production that is financed by borrowing instead of share issuance doesn't count as real oil.

Total miles driven has decreased drastically since we reached peak oil even though they have increased. We are in the worst recession ever right this very minute because of peak oil. It is just an illusion that I even have a job.

Technically, I'm not even typing this since I'm using power from solar panels on my roof instead of oil. The work I did on an excel spreadsheet also doesn't exist since it didn't use any oil.
Jeez! Brian you are missing the point, THE SOLAR and THE WIND powers require more oil than simply using oil. Energy density!

Peak oil now and forever
samsonh is offline  
Old 05-13-2017, 05:36 PM   #2140
JiggsCasey
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
JiggsCasey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 2+2 energy editor
Posts: 7,239
Re: LOL Row Coach... peak is still here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsonh View Post
Jeez! Brian you are missing the point, THE SOLAR and THE WIND powers require more oil than simply using oil. Energy density!

Peak oil now and forever
That's not my argument, straw man addict. If you're just gonna troll it up, you can be safely ignored.

I guess you guys as a whole have no actual response as it pertains to what I said in the previous dozen posts.

As the very least, stop being lazy and link to what you believe supports your argument regarding "share issuance for exploration," as if that means anything for an industry a record-low discovery rates... as the IEA link I provided last week asserts beyond any doubt.
JiggsCasey is offline  
Old 05-13-2017, 06:09 PM   #2141
samsonh
veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Belmont Alum
Posts: 3,447
Re: LOL Row Coach... peak is still here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggsCasey View Post
That's not my argument, straw man addict. If you're just gonna troll it up, you can be safely ignored.

I guess you guys as a whole have no actual response as it pertains to what I said in the previous dozen posts.

As the very least, stop being lazy and link to what you believe supports your argument regarding "share issuance for exploration," as if that means anything for an industry a record-low discovery rates... as the IEA link I provided last week asserts beyond any doubt.
Jiggs, from the late 2016 Bloomberg article above:

"That rally has led E&P companies to take advantage and continue selling new shares (this year has even included two IPOs), both to keep cutting debt and to pay for drilling in the latest hot spot, the Permian shale basin. But with oil prices mostly moving sideways since June, buyers of most of the latest issues could be waiting a while for big payoffs of their own."
samsonh is offline  
Old 08-15-2017, 10:48 AM   #2142
SenorKeeed
mew mew mew
 
SenorKeeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 33,499
Re: LOL Row Coach... peak is still here.

this thread is good and should be saved. Move it to politards imo!
SenorKeeed is offline  
Old 08-15-2017, 12:44 PM   #2143
samsonh
veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Belmont Alum
Posts: 3,447
Re: LOL Row Coach... peak is still here.

We are simply running out of oil!!! $2.20 a gallon strangles the global debt based economy!!
samsonh is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online