Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Winning Poker Network Sponsored Support forum for AmericasCardroom, BlackChip Poker, and Truepoker.

View Poll Results: Antes?
Yes, Antes on all cash games (omaha included) 12 18.75%
Yes to antes but on specified tables only. 41 64.06%
No to antes period 11 17.19%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2017, 01:55 PM   #1
H0RUS
old hand
 
H0RUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: illuminaughty
Posts: 1,843
Poll- Cash games with Antes, Yes or No?

Antes would make the beast cash tables a bit more exciting when it comes to gaining points as you could get points close to every hand even if you folded. It also might stimulate some action on the tables which would help combat any nittiness.


thoughts?
H0RUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 04:03 PM   #2
chopsy2
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,084
Re: Poll- Cash games with Antes, Yes or No?

How would the points work on hands that are folded pre flop since there would be no rake taken? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose then?
chopsy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 04:40 PM   #3
H0RUS
old hand
 
H0RUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: illuminaughty
Posts: 1,843
Re: Poll- Cash games with Antes, Yes or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopsy2 View Post
How would the points work on hands that are folded pre flop since there would be no rake taken? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose then?
sorry i didnt word it correctly in the OP. If you fold preflop but the hand sees a flop you will get beast points due to your ante (assuming you are playing 10nl and up)

i do believe antes will make the game a little looser however, which would be a good thing imo.
H0RUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 12:35 PM   #4
chopsy2
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,084
Re: Poll- Cash games with Antes, Yes or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0RUS View Post
sorry i didnt word it correctly in the OP. If you fold preflop but the hand sees a flop you will get beast points due to your ante (assuming you are playing 10nl and up)

i do believe antes will make the game a little looser however, which would be a good thing imo.
But this doesn't explain what would happen if someone raises pre flop and everyone else folds. The antes would still have been taken but because of the no flop, no drop policy no beast points should be awarded since the beast points are tied to rake being taken.
chopsy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 02:59 PM   #5
H0RUS
old hand
 
H0RUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: illuminaughty
Posts: 1,843
Re: Poll- Cash games with Antes, Yes or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopsy2 View Post
But this doesn't explain what would happen if someone raises pre flop and everyone else folds. The antes would still have been taken but because of the no flop, no drop policy no beast points should be awarded since the beast points are tied to rake being taken.
It does explain it because i said "if u fold but the hand sees a flop u get points" so logic would tell u if the hands doesnt see a flop then no points are awarded.i guess i should've wrote that part out instead of assuming you would connect the dots.
H0RUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 03:50 PM   #6
chopsy2
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,084
Re: Poll- Cash games with Antes, Yes or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0RUS View Post
It does explain it because i said "if u fold but the hand sees a flop u get points" so logic would tell u if the hands doesnt see a flop then no points are awarded.i guess i should've wrote that part out instead of assuming you would connect the dots.
well I am not opposed to ante tables but your reasoning that they would make grinding the beast more exciting is completely illogical since it would be the same for everyone. come up with a better reason for creating such tables and maybe you will have something. #connectthedots
chopsy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 04:55 PM   #7
H0RUS
old hand
 
H0RUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: illuminaughty
Posts: 1,843
Re: Poll- Cash games with Antes, Yes or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopsy2 View Post
well I am not opposed to ante tables but your reasoning that they would make grinding the beast more exciting is completely illogical since it would be the same for everyone. come up with a better reason for creating such tables and maybe you will have something. #connectthedots

lol my ideas illogical but you think it "would be the same"

you are utg, u fold, but contributed an ante, the hand sees a flop, u get points because you contributed something other than the blinds. How is that "the same" Not to mention antes would induce more action and games would be less nitty.

Like i said, i should have worded everything entirely because apparently you arent capable of connecting the dots. Feel free to explain how antes would keep the game the same rather than saying "its illogical". Dont worry, ill wait.
H0RUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 06:42 PM   #8
chopsy2
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,084
Re: Poll- Cash games with Antes, Yes or No?

All I am saying is that you using the beast as a reason to get antes brought into the games is not a good reason. Antes or no antes will not affect the outcome of the beast at all since everyone will get points regardless. No matter which way you slice it the beast standings will be determined by who puts in the most work.

Again I am not opposed to antes or your idea, I am just trying to point out to you tying the beast to antes to strengthen your case is stupid, they don't have anything to do with each other.
chopsy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 08:45 PM   #9
H0RUS
old hand
 
H0RUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: illuminaughty
Posts: 1,843
Re: Poll- Cash games with Antes, Yes or No?

Still waiting on you to explain how antes wont change the game. Saying everybody will get points regardless isnt enough.
H0RUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 08:57 PM   #10
xBIGx
centurion
 
xBIGx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 112
Re: Poll- Cash games with Antes, Yes or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0RUS View Post
Still waiting on you to explain how antes wont change the game. Saying everybody will get points regardless isnt enough.
Why not just jump up stakes if you want more excitement?
xBIGx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 10:31 PM   #11
H0RUS
old hand
 
H0RUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: illuminaughty
Posts: 1,843
Re: Poll- Cash games with Antes, Yes or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBIGx View Post
Why not just jump up stakes if you want more excitement?
You voted no to antes, care to explain why?
H0RUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 11:04 PM   #12
xBIGx
centurion
 
xBIGx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 112
Re: Poll- Cash games with Antes, Yes or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0RUS View Post
lol my ideas illogical but you think it "would be the same"

you are utg, u fold, but contributed an ante, the hand sees a flop, u get points because you contributed something other than the blinds. How is that "the same" Not to mention antes would induce more action and games would be less nitty.

Like i said, i should have worded everything entirely because apparently you arent capable of connecting the dots. Feel free to explain how antes would keep the game the same rather than saying "its illogical". Dont worry, ill wait.

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...5&postcount=27
xBIGx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 11:05 PM   #13
xBIGx
centurion
 
xBIGx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 112
Re: Poll- Cash games with Antes, Yes or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0RUS View Post
You voted no to antes, care to explain why?
Maybe I shouldve voted on certain tables but just because you mentioned all tables so i voted no..
xBIGx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 11:14 PM   #14
chopsy2
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,084
Re: Poll- Cash games with Antes, Yes or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0RUS View Post
Still waiting on you to explain how antes wont change the game. Saying everybody will get points regardless isnt enough.
You must be not reading my posts correctly. I meant antes will not affect players in regards to the beast since the pints awarded will be a wash for everyone. Your opening post tied the beast points and antes together when they have no effect on each other. And to be honest with the amount of regs trying t cash in on the beast I feel antes won't have that big of an impact anyways. Players trying to place on the beast are just trying to minimize their losses at the tables, not trying to profit so much on the vital felt. Therefore the tightness of the games won't change much.
chopsy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 11:44 AM   #15
mjmuncy
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 25
Re: Poll- Cash games with Antes, Yes or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0RUS View Post
Antes would make the beast cash tables a bit more exciting when it comes to gaining points as you could get points close to every hand even if you folded. It also might stimulate some action on the tables which would help combat any nittiness.


thoughts?
+1 I hope the ACR rep takes notice of this and puts it into consideration

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
mjmuncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 12:48 PM   #16
chopsy2
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,084
Re: Poll- Cash games with Antes, Yes or No?

On further thought on this I would if antes might actually slow down the volume of the high level grinders. Since nl sees fewer flops than limit the high level grinders my not want to play the ante games due to having to put into the pot with the risk of getting no points vs non ante games where they don't have to put in anything also for zero points. I would like to see some math from some high volume grinders to see if they think antes would hurt their bottom line.
chopsy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 05:06 PM   #17
H0RUS
old hand
 
H0RUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: illuminaughty
Posts: 1,843
Re: Poll- Cash games with Antes, Yes or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopsy2 View Post
Since nl sees fewer flops than limit the high level grinders my not want to play the ante games due to having to put into the pot with the risk of getting no points vs non ante games where they don't have to put in anything also for zero points.
the pots where they fold pre but the hand sees a flop they would get points because of the ante where as before they wouldnt (assuming they wasnt in the blinds)

imo antes = more money in the pot pre = more incentive to loosen up. That would make for a better game imo. I dont really care if games are nitty right now, i just think its long overdue to have ante games.
H0RUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:33 AM   #18
chopsy2
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,084
Re: Poll- Cash games with Antes, Yes or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0RUS View Post
the pots where they fold pre but the hand sees a flop they would get points because of the ante where as before they wouldnt (assuming they wasnt in the blinds)

imo antes = more money in the pot pre = more incentive to loosen up. That would make for a better game imo. I dont really care if games are nitty right now, i just think its long overdue to have ante games.
Dude you just don't get. The points aspec of your argument is pointless. Because everyone would be paying antes everyone would get points so it is a wash for everyone. Antes won't make the beast more exciting, the only it will do is make the point totals higher across the board for everyone. And it is just a guess but I doubt the high volume grinders would like the antes as it will cut into there beast profits.

If you want to say the games themselves would get more action I probably would agree with you. But antes have no influence on the beast, it's a non issue.
chopsy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 10:18 AM   #19
H0RUS
old hand
 
H0RUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: illuminaughty
Posts: 1,843
Re: Poll- Cash games with Antes, Yes or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopsy2 View Post
Dude you just don't get. The points aspec of your argument is pointless. Because everyone would be paying antes everyone would get points so it is a wash for everyone. Antes won't make the beast more exciting, the only it will do is make the point totals higher across the board for everyone. And it is just a guess but I doubt the high volume grinders would like the antes as it will cut into there beast profits.

If you want to say the games themselves would get more action I probably would agree with you. But antes have no influence on the beast, it's a non issue.
Antes is only a wash if everyone plays at the ante tables, those who dont wont benefit. Also, table size will also affect point distribution. So just saying antes is a wash is sufficient because it doesnt make sense. Antes would help increase the beast prizepool aswell as pots would generally be bigger = more beast contribution. How do you come to the conclusion antes wont make the beast more exciting? Lol. Antes = more incentive to be aggressive = looser game = more fun.

Im having a hard time understanding why you are so anti-ante. If you look at the poll, you are the minority.
H0RUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 01:35 PM   #20
chopsy2
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,084
Re: Poll- Cash games with Antes, Yes or No?

Clearly you have selective reading skills. If you had read the last part of my last post you would see I am not anti ante. And you are so wrong about the beast. The beast is determined by only one thing, volume. It doesn't matter if there are antes or not, who ever plays the most wins the leaderboard. You really need to understand that the beast competition is a completely different animal from how the games on the table are played.
chopsy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 07:17 PM   #21
uradoodooface
veteran
 
uradoodooface's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,045
Re: Poll- Cash games with Antes, Yes or No?

I'd see this as a way of getting out of games with nitty beast grinders. Beast grinders wound't want to play with antes cuz you'd wanna play looser preflop. Would be awesome to have imo. Better then speed poker.
uradoodooface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 09:51 PM   #22
H0RUS
old hand
 
H0RUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: illuminaughty
Posts: 1,843
Re: Poll- Cash games with Antes, Yes or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uradoodooface View Post
I'd see this as a way of getting out of games with nitty beast grinders. Beast grinders wound't want to play with antes cuz you'd wanna play looser preflop. Would be awesome to have imo. Better then speed poker.
I agree. I think speed poker would actually be nittier than the current games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopsy2 View Post
Clearly you have selective reading skills. If you had read the last part of my last post you would see I am not anti ante. And you are so wrong about the beast. The beast is determined by only one thing, volume. It doesn't matter if there are antes or not, who ever plays the most wins the leaderboard. You really need to understand that the beast competition is a completely different animal from how the games on the table are played.
Actually you are the one who is "so wrong" about the beast. You really need to understand that if the beast was soley determined by volume, like you said, then 2nl grinders could win. Its actually determined by pot contribution 1st, volume 2nd. A 200nl+ reg can get more points than a 50nl reg even though the 50nl reg puts in more volume than the 200nl+ reg lol. So your view of "whoever plays the most wins the leaderboard" is incorrect.
H0RUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 10:18 AM   #23
H0RUS
old hand
 
H0RUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: illuminaughty
Posts: 1,843
Re: Poll- Cash games with Antes, Yes or No?

Bump
H0RUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 12:45 PM   #24
PlentyOfFish
centurion
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 177
Re: Poll- Cash games with Antes, Yes or No?

I'm all for it. I 99% play tournies on ACR because I find grinding cash online so boring.

With antes I would be happy to play some cash.
PlentyOfFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 05:21 PM   #25
H0RUS
old hand
 
H0RUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: illuminaughty
Posts: 1,843
Re: Poll- Cash games with Antes, Yes or No?

Bump f o r votes
H0RUS is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online