Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Winning Poker Network Sponsored Support forum for AmericasCardroom, BlackChip Poker, and Truepoker.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2016, 06:55 PM   #1251
jzag
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 21
Re: Jackpot Poker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Cut View Post
Any regular players care to share their opinion on the skill gap between the stakes?

My guess is a very big gap from $2 to $10, a pretty big jump to $25, and then sort of similar to $40.

$2 <<< $10 << $25 ~ $40
In my opinion, which I have more experience at the $10, there isn't much. Between $2-$25 is what I vouch for. I honestly do not see a huge difference in skill.
jzag is offline  
Old 05-02-2016, 11:35 PM   #1252
SuperMario7
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 630
Re: Jackpot Poker!

What kind of ROI should I expect in these? the 10 and 25 specifically?
SuperMario7 is offline  
Old 05-03-2016, 08:07 AM   #1253
p2 dog, p2
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,537
Re: Jackpot Poker!

~350
p2 dog, p2 is offline  
Old 05-06-2016, 04:50 PM   #1254
GutPunch
veteran
 
GutPunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,126
Re: Jackpot Poker!

How often is the "recent winners" updated? Everyday I see the same regs hitting the top tier spins. According to sharkscope i've played almost as many SNG's as them and have only hit a 4x 3 times
GutPunch is offline  
Old 05-07-2016, 05:48 AM   #1255
fishfood69er
old hand
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Risking my ruin
Posts: 1,690
Re: Jackpot Poker!

it cant be +ev without rake back. ive played like a few 100 and very rarely seen any jackpot above the min. not to mention ive never ran so bad in my life. losing 90/10 fav. all ins pre 100 percent of the time everytime.
/venting
fishfood69er is offline  
Old 05-07-2016, 11:51 PM   #1256
p2 dog, p2
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,537
Re: Jackpot Poker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutPunch View Post
How often is the "recent winners" updated? Everyday I see the same regs hitting the top tier spins. According to sharkscope i've played almost as many SNG's as them and have only hit a 4x 3 times
ummmm. def takes volume to start expecting to hit the bigger tiers. if u only hit a 4x three times there is no chance u have put in any significant volume. I can't say off the top of my head the chance of hitting a 4x and I'm not going to look but it should pry be somewhere close to 5%(pry larger than 5%). so in 60 games u should have expected to hit three. how many JPs have u played lifetime?
p2 dog, p2 is offline  
Old 05-07-2016, 11:54 PM   #1257
p2 dog, p2
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,537
Re: Jackpot Poker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfood69er View Post
it cant be +ev without rake back. ive played like a few 100 and very rarely seen any jackpot above the min. not to mention ive never ran so bad in my life. losing 90/10 fav. all ins pre 100 percent of the time everytime.
/venting
and yeah, these would be worthwhile to nobody without incentives. the buyins are not large enough and the rake is to high. unless, of course, u live in one of those third world countries where 3 bucks a day can buy u three cheeseburgers, 6 avocados, and a blowjob from the tranny on the corner
p2 dog, p2 is offline  
Old 05-08-2016, 02:18 PM   #1258
Ramblin
centurion
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 184
Re: Jackpot Poker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfood69er View Post
it cant be +ev without rake back. ive played like a few 100 and very rarely seen any jackpot above the min. not to mention ive never ran so bad in my life. losing 90/10 fav. all ins pre 100 percent of the time everytime.
/venting
These games are super tilting. I managed to hit a 20x on the $10 and win it. Been playing these forever. Probably played around 1000 or so. I think I had around 10-15 2x spins in a row a few times. Idk how people just strictly play these. I always mix up what games i play to reduce the variance cuz these are so high.
Ramblin is offline  
Old 05-14-2016, 07:12 AM   #1259
BigBalls
stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 7
Re: Jackpot Poker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario7 View Post
What kind of ROI should I expect in these? the 10 and 25 specifically?
It depends on volume and skill level. Many people should expect a negative ROI (ha). Those with basic skill maybe 5-10% if they multi-table. If you are single tabling I can't say what long term ROI you can run but I ran at 11.2% multi-tabling and I found my ROI increased by single-tabling (I just won't say how much and I haven't put in enough volume to give a real quantity yet). The variance as in all poker is high. You have an advantage if you understand ICM, M calcs or whathaveyou, table dynamics, and are patient.

There are many on this thread who belittle jackpot poker but the reality is that there are many 4 tabling it or more running 10% ROI all day long..... It's just a damn slough and so no one really loves doing it!
BigBalls is offline  
Old 05-14-2016, 03:51 PM   #1260
zoogenhiem
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,627
Re: Jackpot Poker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBalls View Post
You have an advantage if you understand ICM
cEV = $EV when winner take all, yes? So no ICM considerations in these jackpot poker games, I would think.
zoogenhiem is offline  
Old 05-14-2016, 04:23 PM   #1261
BigBalls
stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 7
Re: Jackpot Poker!

I misspoke on that one to a degree. Since it's winner take all you can't just blast off with A4o pushing all in bc you will lose the opportunity to be heads up too often. And at the same time after a certain time period it is bad play to be too tight even to the point of multi-way all in considerations bc you won't ever have a stack to fight with. So bc it's winner take all there actually are ICM considerations in a sense and that sense is that there's definitely no money for third and when there are two left there's only no money for second. I think you can see the implications on how play can change drastically over the course bc of this principle. I am blabbering but I think I have a point though I don't necessarily think I'm right to couch it in ICM, but I could still be...
BigBalls is offline  
Old 05-15-2016, 05:48 PM   #1262
p2 dog, p2
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,537
Re: Jackpot Poker!

nope
p2 dog, p2 is offline  
Old 05-16-2016, 12:55 PM   #1263
Duncelanas
Pooh-Bah
 
Duncelanas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Losing money at husngs
Posts: 5,861
Re: Jackpot Poker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBalls View Post
I misspoke on that one to a degree. Since it's winner take all you can't just blast off with A4o pushing all in bc you will lose the opportunity to be heads up too often. And at the same time after a certain time period it is bad play to be too tight even to the point of multi-way all in considerations bc you won't ever have a stack to fight with. So bc it's winner take all there actually are ICM considerations in a sense and that sense is that there's definitely no money for third and when there are two left there's only no money for second. I think you can see the implications on how play can change drastically over the course bc of this principle. I am blabbering but I think I have a point though I don't necessarily think I'm right to couch it in ICM, but I could still be...
You have no idea what you're talking about...also lol at 5-10% roi.
Duncelanas is offline  
Old 05-16-2016, 05:34 PM   #1264
CR7spins
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 7
Re: Jackpot Poker!

Hi. Its just me that thinks that there is something wrong about Kingspinz? He put mass volume. Like, he start grinding around 3pm and just finishes around 1am European time, with no brakes between sessions? Also tried to chat with him many times and got no reply back. Let me know what you guys think.
CR7spins is offline  
Old 05-16-2016, 10:10 PM   #1265
zoogenhiem
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,627
Re: Jackpot Poker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR7spins View Post
Hi. Its just me that thinks that there is something wrong about Kingspinz? He put mass volume. Like, he start grinding around 3pm and just finishes around 1am European time, with no brakes between sessions? Also tried to chat with him many times and got no reply back. Let me know what you guys think.
You're saying he goes from 3pm to 1am European time? Sounds like a long but not terribly irregular grind session to me. Presumably he's multitabling, meaning his focus is not on chat. He may not even have his chat open. Not to mention with the ACR chat interface, it's hard to even see when you've got chat because it goes out of the box quickly and then you miss it. Not to mention even if he did see it, if he's a grinding pro, he mightn't even care or bother to respond? You're implying he's a bot or something, but your evidence is especially flimsy.
zoogenhiem is offline  
Old 05-17-2016, 05:58 PM   #1266
eric79
adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 739
Re: Jackpot Poker!

He never accepts deals either. He just binked 2500x and won with no deal.
eric79 is offline  
Old 05-17-2016, 10:37 PM   #1267
Carl Trooper
veteran
 
Carl Trooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,675
Re: Jackpot Poker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric79 View Post
He never accepts deals either. He just binked 2500x and won with no deal.


Name
Is fitting to his "spin" and go jackpot style.

Site just has many things that seem shady. Between the scripts and bots and Russians... Who knows.
Carl Trooper is offline  
Old 05-18-2016, 11:46 AM   #1268
p2 dog, p2
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,537
Re: Jackpot Poker!

kingspinz averaged like a $7 buyin 4 - 5 months ago and his Sharkscope graph was terrible(to the point where when he was playing I was loading as many as i could). All of a sudden hes playing nothing but $40s and $25s and seemingly doing ok. well, he just reset his SS graph this month so his data is now very limited. That's about all i can chime in in regards to him.

current graph: 1,353 -$1.3 $23.5 -5.3% -$1,761 60
p2 dog, p2 is offline  
Old 05-19-2016, 10:01 PM   #1269
GutPunch
veteran
 
GutPunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,126
Re: Jackpot Poker!

is it possible to observe more than 1 table at a time?
GutPunch is offline  
Old 05-19-2016, 11:09 PM   #1270
Max Cut
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Jackpot Poker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutPunch View Post
is it possible to observe more than 1 table at a time?
Only if they are a different game or stake, as far as I know.
 
Old 05-20-2016, 09:10 AM   #1271
smooth52
adept
 
smooth52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Down The Road
Posts: 1,093
Re: Jackpot Poker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoogenhiem View Post
You're saying he goes from 3pm to 1am European time? Sounds like a long but not terribly irregular grind session to me. Presumably he's multitabling, meaning his focus is not on chat. He may not even have his chat open. Not to mention with the ACR chat interface, it's hard to even see when you've got chat because it goes out of the box quickly and then you miss it. Not to mention even if he did see it, if he's a grinding pro, he mightn't even care or bother to respond? You're implying he's a bot or something, but your evidence is especially flimsy.
https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/21...d-jpp-1605313/
smooth52 is offline  
Old 05-22-2016, 12:28 PM   #1272
Walter1
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 342
Re: Jackpot Poker!

Anyone else not having the lobby work correctly for them? i go to the jackpot page and dont see any games to register for
Walter1 is offline  
Old 06-02-2016, 07:55 AM   #1273
ACR Police
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 19
Re: Jackpot Poker!

Is there any plan on adding or changing the different tiers? Would be nice to have a $5-$7 option.
ACR Police is offline  
Old 06-02-2016, 10:52 AM   #1274
coon74
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 10,694
Re: Jackpot Poker!

$2 & $5 & $15 & $40 would be a less ragged lineup of buy-ins, with the same 4 tiers as now.
coon74 is offline  
Old 06-02-2016, 10:53 PM   #1275
ACR Police
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 19
Re: Jackpot Poker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coon74 View Post
$2 & $5 & $15 & $40 would be a less ragged lineup of buy-ins, with the same 4 tiers as now.

+1
ACR Police is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive