Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Winning Poker Network Sponsored Support forum for AmericasCardroom, BlackChip Poker, and Truepoker.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 04:00 PM   #76
LiarsDice
old hand
 
LiarsDice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,518
Re: WPN Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning_TD View Post
I understand your point here and to be honest we know HU anything can happen. Unfortunately its a real tough one but we cant go on chip counts in a HU match. One double up and one small pot and its near enough even stacked again.

It is a tough one as i said but we have to just refund buy in and fees.

Sorry dude!!
I realize you can only do so much in these situations. You've come to the threads and tried to communicate when WPN went down and take responsibility.

Then you made this asinine post above. I mean really, do you know how stupid you sound when you're telling a guy with more than 80% of the chips in play that he's "one double up" away from being "even stacked" again? You sound both ignorant and condescending. You were better off just deferring to WPN's policy and mentioning nothing here as opposed to insulting us.

I don't care if you're the biggest fish in the world, you're going to have an edge with 83% of the chips in play in any HU SNG match. I play HU SNG's and after reading this post, I'm going to stay away from your network until I see things are fixed.

If ya'll can inconvenience us with your network dropping more often than that horridly run Revolution Network, then you can be inconvenienced with paying out HU SNG's based on chip equity and not sounding like an ignorant ass itt.
LiarsDice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:10 PM   #77
Janice7776
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 949
Re: WPN Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiarsDice View Post
I realize you can only do so much in these situations. You've come to the threads and tried to communicate when WPN went down and take responsibility.

Then you made this asinine post above. I mean really, do you know how stupid you sound when you're telling a guy with more than 80% of the chips in play that he's "one double up" away from being "even stacked" again? You sound both ignorant and condescending. You were better off just deferring to WPN's policy and mentioning nothing here as opposed to insulting us.

I don't care if you're the biggest fish in the world, you're going to have an edge with 83% of the chips in play in any HU SNG match. I play HU SNG's and after reading this post, I'm going to stay away from your network until I see things are fixed.

If ya'll can inconvenience us with your network dropping more often than that horridly run Revolution Network, then you can be inconvenienced with paying out HU SNG's based on chip equity and not sounding like an ignorant ass itt.
at this point I think your being too ambitious trying to get reasonable equity

I'm just trying to get my buy ins back

From what I can tell, they are keeping the rake and the dead money for tournaments

and keeping everything in the pot in cash games
Janice7776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #78
LiarsDice
old hand
 
LiarsDice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,518
Re: WPN Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice7776 View Post
at this point I think your being too ambitious trying to get reasonable equity

I'm just trying to get my buy ins back

From what I can tell, they are keeping the rake and the dead money for tournaments

and keeping everything in the pot in cash games
The reason I posted my rant was because of his reasoning for why they won't reimburse base on chip equity. As mentioned, I feel he was better off saying nothing to us rather than insulting our intelligence with his response about how anyone can win at any given time if they still have a chip in the game....

Fwiw, I'm not expecting them to reimburse based on chip equity (for HU SNG). In a perfect world I think it should be done however, regardless of any precedence in the poker world.
LiarsDice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:32 PM   #79
Janice7776
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 949
Re: WPN Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiarsDice View Post
The reason I posted my rant was because of his reasoning for why they won't reimburse base on chip equity. As mentioned, I feel he was better off saying nothing to us rather than insulting our intelligence with his response about how anyone can win at any given time if they still have a chip in the game....

Fwiw, I'm not expecting them to reimburse based on chip equity (for HU SNG). In a perfect world I think it should be done however, regardless of any precedence in the poker world.
I know bro, were all on the same team here except the shills and the sheep
Janice7776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #80
Next Level
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 645
Re: WPN Down!

They are not keeping the rake or dead money afaik.

I got my full Buy-in (plus rake) back for the 9-man SNG.

For tournaments, they give everyone their buy-in back then split the remaining prize pool up evenly. I think I was 18 bucks into it and got like 31 back. Thus, we all recieved the same $ even if I had 40% of the chips in play.

That being said, I doubt they are doing everything 100% right as some mistake are bound to happen.
Next Level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:41 PM   #81
F4nD34th
stranger
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 7
Re: WPN Down!

Just got my refund for the $10k GTD (the only one I had going on when the servers went down) It took awhile but i got my buy in back in Tourney Bucks and the winnings from the prize pool. They seem to be fixing the issues even if it is going slowly.
F4nD34th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:58 PM   #82
Winning_TD
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,989
Re: WPN Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice7776 View Post
shut the **** up, he could have gave some warning about not registering last night and again today

just kiss his ass you pathetic sheep
LOL.. im sorry but you have no idea how manic and crazy we are. Customer services are just going through every tournament and making sure refunds are done correctly. It is not an automated service, it is all done manually.

If i had known about problems i would of let everyone know. Hence why i said yesterday, imo dont start playing again until 10am ET.

I dont like to recieve bad comments but at times we cant perform miracles.

I dont want to sound rude but we are trying to give everyone there money back in the fairest way possible. Also trying to get everything back to normal asap.

I really do understand everyones frustrations but you also have to understand there is so much we are doing here right now to get everything back as quickly as possible.

Anyone that calls us cheats or US scammers i am sorry you feel that way. But i would not work for a company that was out to steal money from people. We lose extra money when these things happen trying to be fair.

Last edited by Winning_TD; 09-18-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Winning_TD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:05 PM   #83
Eh?
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 20
Re: WPN Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning_TD View Post
LOL.. im sorry but you have no idea how manic and crazy we are. Customer services are just going through every tournament and making sure refunds are done correctly. It is not an automated service, it is all done manually.

If i had known about problems i would of let everyone know. Hence why i said yesterday, imo dont start playing again until 10am ET.

I dont like to recieve bad comments but at times we cant perform miracles.

I dont want to sound rude but we are trying to give everyone there money back in the fairest way possible. Also trying to get everyone back to normal asap.

I really do understand everyones frustrations but you also have to understand there is so much we are doing here right now to get everything back as quickly as possible.

Anyone that calls us cheats or US scammers i am sorry you feel that way. But i would not work for a company that was out to steal money from people. We lose extra money when these things happen trying to be fair.
I haven't been able to get this confirmed with support, so I thought I'd ask-

Just got my refund for last nights 10k. I was in the 7.5k on Sunday and received my TD buy in back, but didn't receive a portion of the remaining pot. I had some other refunds from that evening, but they were too small to have been the 7.5k share. Have the refunds from that tournament been granted?
Eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:06 PM   #84
Winning_TD
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,989
Re: WPN Down!

I would love to respond to every comment but i just cant right now. Just know that everyone is working really hard to get everyones money back ASAP.
Winning_TD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:09 PM   #85
Winning_TD
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,989
Re: WPN Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eh? View Post
I haven't been able to get this confirmed with support, so I thought I'd ask-

Just got my refund for last nights 10k. I was in the 7.5k on Sunday and received my TD buy in back, but didn't receive a portion of the remaining pot. I had some other refunds from that evening, but they were too small to have been the 7.5k share. Have the refunds from that tournament been granted?
You would of recieved the portion of the remaining pot in cash not in TD's.
You have to speak to Customer support to receive a screenshot of your refunded money. As it is all done manually it doesnt show up in your transaction history but we have that info in ours. We are working on a new way to change this but 1st its more important to refund the monies 1st.
Winning_TD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #86
Eh?
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 20
Re: WPN Down!

Appreciate the help!
Eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #87
IHasTehNutz
Making my way
 
IHasTehNutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NC, Delaware, Wilkes-Barre, Vegas
Posts: 3,123
Re: WPN Down!

Down again it would seem...
IHasTehNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:13 PM   #88
slowcheetah1
old hand
 
slowcheetah1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Yulee, FL
Posts: 1,836
Re: WPN Down!

You've got to be kidding me.
slowcheetah1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:13 PM   #89
Deuce2High
veteran
 
Deuce2High's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,592
Re: WPN Down!

Yup
Deuce2High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:13 PM   #90
Eh?
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 20
Re: WPN Down!

Down for me too
Eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:14 PM   #91
idun215
veteran
 
idun215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 2,908
Re: WPN Down!

this is not cool.
idun215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:14 PM   #92
IHasTehNutz
Making my way
 
IHasTehNutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NC, Delaware, Wilkes-Barre, Vegas
Posts: 3,123
Re: WPN Down!

Back up? lol
IHasTehNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:16 PM   #93
idun215
veteran
 
idun215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 2,908
Re: WPN Down!

back up thats weird. WPN upgrade your servers.
idun215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:17 PM   #94
LEC
banned
 
LEC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Southern IL
Posts: 114
Re: WPN Down!

now its back up.. atleast it was quick this time
LEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:18 PM   #95
slowcheetah1
old hand
 
slowcheetah1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Yulee, FL
Posts: 1,836
Re: WPN Down!

Welp, WPN officially just lost my business.
slowcheetah1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:21 PM   #96
blueshoes
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 488
Re: WPN Down!

whats up anyone know why
blueshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:09 PM   #97
LiarsDice
old hand
 
LiarsDice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,518
Re: WPN Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning_TD View Post
LOL.. im sorry but you have no idea how manic and crazy we are. Customer services are just going through every tournament and making sure refunds are done correctly. It is not an automated service, it is all done manually.

If i had known about problems i would of let everyone know. Hence why i said yesterday, imo dont start playing again until 10am ET.

I dont like to recieve bad comments but at times we cant perform miracles.

I dont want to sound rude but we are trying to give everyone there money back in the fairest way possible. Also trying to get everything back to normal asap.

I really do understand everyones frustrations but you also have to understand there is so much we are doing here right now to get everything back as quickly as possible.

Anyone that calls us cheats or US scammers i am sorry you feel that way. But i would not work for a company that was out to steal money from people. We lose extra money when these things happen trying to be fair.
Look, I think you're doing a better job than most people could in your shoes. I don't imagine how chaotic it is right now for everyone. It's obviously much more complex than what we can perceive on the outside. I think you're a genuine person, even if I don't agree with some of your opinions.

All I can say is that going the extra mile goes a long way. Crediting base on chip equity in SNG/MTT's I'm sure could be done, albeit at a slow pace depending on how much manual work is required. This isn't performing miracles either imo, it's about making sure you satisfied your customers for issues that were directly related to you. I don't think it'd be hard to say:

Quote:
We'll credit your accounts based on chip equity, although we make no guarantees when this will be done. We want to assure everyone that we WILL rectify the situation. All we ask in return is to please be patient while we resolve the issue and ensure this won't happen again. We'll continue to provide updates on the situation and for more questions please contact us at xxx so that we may look on a case-by-case basis to satisfy what is owed to our loyal customers.

If your internet provider screws WPN over, its your fault. If it's a hacker again it's your fault indirectly. People want equitable distribution of what they earned up until that point, and rightfully so.

People are more forgiving than I think they even like to admit (look at Revolution Network over the last few years). If WPN satisfied customer concerns regarding credits, even to the detriment of WPN's bottom line, it would really instill good faith and customer loyalty. All you' have to do is just tell people they'll be credited but not anytime soon due to the situation. WPN could use this kind of loyalty given the ongoing issues it's having.
LiarsDice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #98
easyfnmoney
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: State Run Housing
Posts: 94
Re: WPN Down!

While you guys are upset about the downtime, I'm using this to my advantage. I figure if I play tight in the deep stack and it crashes, i lose nothing. If its in late reg, i make something because of chip chops correct? haha im just trying to be optimistic about this. I bought into the deep stack expecting the servers to crash. Aren't i essentially freerolling as long as I don't bust?

The stability issues are probably some sort of DDoS attack. I speculate that because of the nature of the unpredictable downtime. The rep said that it was a service provider issue but most reputable service providers have a 99.9% SLA guarantee therefore I can't buy that story. Service providers don't go down multiple times per day. Sometimes routers fail, sometimes fibers need to be replaced but something happening over multiple days like this seems like its not the perfect storm of problems at the datacenter.

I would love to know what type of servers WPN uses in order to serve their customers. We demand to know if poker rooms are segregating their funds, why can't we demand to know what kind of server hardware/setup they are using to run this multi million dollar empire fueled by our money?
easyfnmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:55 PM   #99
Bannor
stranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 14
Re: WPN Down!

down ??
Bannor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:55 PM   #100
cashmaker81
centurion
 
cashmaker81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 151
Re: WPN Down!

looks like it
cashmaker81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online